Subject: Gingerbread men are pagan!

From: [email-masked] (Bill Stuart)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 1994 22:28:17 GMT

I Found this in "The Golden Bough", a study of the origins of
mythology. 
	"Thus an Indian Law book, 'The Calica Puran', prescribes that when
the sacrifice of lions, tigers, or Human Beings is required, an image of a
lion, tiger, or man shall be made with butter, paste, or barley meal and
sacrificed instead." (pg 252, the golden bough)
--

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Wendt)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 1994 01:51:59 GMT

>sacrificed instead." (pg 252, the golden bough)

wasn't there a similar story about the use of human figures made of
amaranth flour in association with Aztecan sacrifices? I read that
somewhere, maybe on this illustrious conference. The story went on that
the Europeans banned the use of amaranth in Mexico because of the
unfortunate confusion of this practice and Holy Communion.
-- 
...............Steve Wendt                    Ottawa
([email-masked])                    Canada