Subject: "Last supper" mutton recepy wanted

From: Stein Hjelland <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 1994 22:47:39 GMT

Hello all.
I would like to serve lamb steak prepared as it would have been at the
time of Jesus. Ijd also like to know what should acompany the steak,
which I plan to serve whole, on the occation of Passover. I plan to make
sourdoughbread to go.

On beforehand thank you,

Stein Hjelland
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (John E. Taylor III)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 07:27:56 -0500

> which I plan to serve whole, on the occation of Passover. I plan to make

Sourdough bread at a Passover seder.  Riiiiight!  :-)

--
John Taylor    (W3ZID)     |  "The opinions expressed are those of the
[email-masked] |   writer and not of Rohm and Haas Company."

---

From: [email-masked] (Laurel Halbany)
Date: 31 Mar 94 01:13:00 GMT

-=> Quoting John E. Taylor Iii to All <=-

> which I plan to serve whole, on the occation of Passover. I plan to make

JETI> Sourdough bread at a Passover seder.  Riiiiight!  :-)

Stein, lamb steak would probably just have been roasted. (You
might try spit-roasting a leg of lamb.) And leavened bread is
*not* a go for Passover; you should eat only matzohs that are
kosher for Passover.

(Of course, I didn't know until my late teens that our traditional
Passover dish, Veal Parmesan, was not generally approved for such...)

... Revolutions are not made with rose-water.
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

----
+--------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| HAL 9000 BBS:  QWK-to-Usenet gateway | 10 dial-ins from 14.4 to 28.8kbps |
| FREE Usenet mail and news for you!   | Call +1 313 663 4173 or 663 3959  |
+--------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+