Subject: Ancient Egyptian Recipes Needed

From: [email-masked] (Michael Rivero)
Date: 28 Mar 1994 15:21:40 GMT

Throwing a party soon for some friends working on a project involving
Ancient Egypt, and I would like to find some recipes (like the recently posted
Roman ones) for authentic munchies; the kind of finger foods Tut would have
served up at a souiree.

Thanks

Mike

-- 
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
| Michael Rivero [email-masked]                     |
|  Heidi gave me a DISCOUNT!  :)                                          |
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

---

From: Robin Carroll-Mann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 94 02:05:25 -0500

>Roman ones) for authentic munchies; the kind of finger foods Tut would have
 
I don't know if any Egyptian recipes have survived to this day -- you might
check one of those "everyday life in ancient times" books for ideas.  For a
start, here's what the Bible has to say on the subject:
"We remember the fish, which we could eat in Egypt for naught; the
cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlic"
Numbers 11:5
 
Happy cooking!
 
Robin Carroll-Mann
[email-masked]