Subject: Marathon Candy Bars?

From: [email-masked] (George P Long)
Date: 20 Mar 94 16:48:24 GMT

This is the closest group I could find that might know the answer to my 
burning question.  

Whatever happened to Marathon candy bars?  They were popular back in the later
half of the seventies.  As I recall, they were about a foot long (there
was a ruler on the back to measure), and were a sublime latticework of milk
chocolate with caramel in the middle.  

Do they exist in other parts of the country?  I have not seen them in 
Pittsburgh for years.  We are, however, experiencing a resurgence in Reggie
bars.  

************************ 
George Long				    "Never underestimate the power 
University of Pittsburgh                    of soup."
School of Law                                      
                                            "Who wants an Orange Whip?
Notre Dame '92                              Orange Whip?  Orange Whip?
         				    Three Orange Whips."

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Stuart)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 1994 20:49:44 GMT

>chocolate with caramel in the middle.  

	I remember those! I got them in Moose jaw in the early 80's. I
don't know what happened to them, but my guess would be that they were too
difficult to store and transport, so the stores stopped selling them.

--