Subject: Capsicum chilis-Asia

From: [email-masked] (P. K. Powell )
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 1994 16:08:02 GMT

Distribution: usa
Organization: University of Texas at San Antonio

Keywords: 

I, too believed that hot/green peppers were New World, along with potato,
tomato, eggplant, etc., but -and I can't remember WHO told me this- there
is some possibility that chilis were present in eastern Asia prior to
fifteenth century A.D..  That person could not give references, but I am a
anthropology/archaeology grad student, so such a reference MAY exist.  If
anyone out there has heard of same, please respond!  Thanks.

Kaye Powell
UTSA

---

From: [email-masked] (Cameron Laird)
Date: 10 Mar 1994 13:35:56 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>,
>tomato, eggplant, etc., but -and I can't remember WHO told me this- there
			.
			.
			.
Eggplant is paleotropical.
-- 

Cameron Laird
[email-masked] ([email-masked])	+1 713 267 7966
[email-masked] ([email-masked])  	+1 713 996 8546