Subject: Native Food List

From: Rio Lara-Bellon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 18:09:57 GMT

Sorry about the double posting. I sent the annnouncement out under the 
"file" name in my folders :-} This is my "first" list and am in the 
process of learning all the details of such an endeavor! Best regards: Rio

			***** Announcement *****
  ** An Electronic Place To Share And Learn About Native American Food **

The Extension Indian Reservation Program (Confederated Tribes of the
Chehalis Reservation site) announces a new discussion list:
		
			Native Food List (natfood-l).

Discussion on Natfood-l will include the following categories from North
and Middle-America:

These recipes will include - 
		           	*Traditional Recipes *
			Example; Acorn Mush, Wojapi, Quelites, etc..

				*Contemporary Recipes*
			Example; Fry Bread, Indian Tacos, Lakamin, etc..

Other aspects of Native Food-L will contain:

*Preservation & Protection of Traditional Foods*
Issues concerning both wild and cultivated Traditional Indian Food. An
example of these foods could, perhaps, include the following: roots,
berries, fish, seeds, indigenous seed banks, game, herbal teas, and a
whole host of other items. Explorations of Sustainable Agriculture on
Tribal Lands and the Protection of Natural Resources are also welcomed.

*Food-Related Stories*
			Example; How, after Light first Appears in the World, 
		                 Honn'e learns how to cook Eel.

*General Announcements* Within the scope of the discussions listed above.

Cultural Advisors: Tribal Elders Lillian Sanders Young (Chehalis/Taidnapum),
Lena Sohappy Owens (Wanapum), and Antonio Lueras (Tiwa/Apache). 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
All recipes will be archived and available at the EIRP Gopher Site:
	
	gopher.cahe.wsu.edu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe, send subscription request to:
	
	[email-masked]

In the body of the text type:
	
	subscribe natfood-l <your real name>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LISTOWNERS: Rio Lara-Bellon ([email-masked])
	    Anthony Wright  ([email-masked])
<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------