Subject: The Importance of Vitamin C

From: "Ed Desimone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 10:09:28 -0000

THE IMPORTANCE OF VITAMIN C

By: J. Robert Lemon, R.Ph.

	In the fast paced field of modern nutritional science, it is important to
not forget the basics. It continues to be more and more understood that
antioxidant nutrients are absolutely paramount for the maintenance of good
health and the prevention of disease. In addition to being an important
antioxidant and detoxifier, Vitamin C is utilized by the body in several
different ways, such as to improve immune function, for alcohol, drug and
smoking detoxification, to insure adequate iron absorption, in the healing
of wounds, in the production of bile and for proper cholesterol
metabolism.

	Two very important functions of Vitamin C are the support of proper
adrenal function and in the production of adequate levels of collagen,
which is so important in the maintenance of strong connective tissues and
healthy skin. Life Plus Support Tabs are probably the best 'stress tabs"
the world has ever known and Vitamin C is a very important nutrient
contained in them because of its inherent adrenal support. And the value
of  Forever Young Tablets in both protecting and producing collagen is
well known, partially because of the synergistic action of Vitamin C.

	Vita-C-1000 is a foundation Life Plus product. Each tablet contains a
full 1000mg (1 gm)  of Vitamin C in a base of synergistic herbs and
bioflavonoids. It is intended for those who need large amounts on an
ongoing basis or for those special times when needed. The timed release
formula provides far a three to four hour uptake of the full 1000 mg to
help the best possible utilization in the body.

	Because of its importance to both detoxification and cholesterol
metabolism, Vitamin C is included in larger amounts in Cardio-Chelex and
Protex II as a synergetic free radical scavenger. Vitamin C is of great
value with Proanthenols as the OPC's increase the value of Vitamin C as a
free radical scavenger. The two foundational products, TVM-49, and
Vita-Saurus contain representative amount to round out the complete
spectrum needed for everyone.

Note:
	For information about ordering the preceding supplements visit:

	AARDVARK'S Health and Vitamin Store

http://www.liberty.com/home/appaloosa/eindex.htm