Subject: Advice about university education

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jul 1996 22:59:41 GMT

I will be entering my second year of study in the Food Science program at
the University of Guelph. I am seriously considering switching into
biochemistry because I think maybe I should get a basic education in the
 fundamentals before I can apply them in something like food science.
Although food science interests me, I do want to keep 
other doors open. Can someone please answer a few of my questions 
regarding the difficult decision I must make:

Will a B.Sc in Food Sci restrict me to work or do grad work in only food
science? ie. Will a Food Sci. education provide enough of a basis for me 
to work in other fields?

Will a B.Sc in Biochem leave the door to Food Sci still open to me, to either
work in the food industry or to study for example food chemistry at the grad
level?

Will a B.Sc in Biochem leave me with more career choices than a B.Sc in
 Food Science?

Please if you have to time to respond, my email address is bn298@freenet.
carleton.ca . I would greatly appreciate some advice from someone who
is in and thus knows the industry and its demands.

Corie