Subject: Job Vacancy Announcement

From: [email-masked] (William McGlynn)
Date: 21 Jun 1996 20:38:09 GMT

SENIOR FOOD TECHNOLOGIST 

USAID Project 

The University of Arkansas is seeking a senior food technologist
to serve as a technical advisor (TA) for the USAID funded OMNI
(Opportunities for Micronutrient Interventions) project office based in
Arlington, VA.  The Technologist will be based in the Arlington office. 
The TA will formulate, coordinate and manage project activities related
to food-based approaches in preventing and controlling micronutrient
malnutrition in developing countries. The TA will provide leadership
within framework of USAID OMNI strategy and program priorities 
related to:

Increasing availability/access to micronutrient-rich foods through
technical approaches;

Promotion and improvement of food preservation and processing activities
to retain nutrient content;

Producing and marketing of fortified foods through private sector;

Quality assurance and control measures of food production and 
preservation processes; 

Development of food-based approaches including dietary diversification.

QUALIFICATIONS  PhD in Food Science (or closely related discipline) with
5-10 years experience in food technology area.  Related work experience
in private sector and food industry required.  International work 
experience, particularly in developing countries highly desirable.  
International program management experience highly desirable.  
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.  Ability and 
willingness for international travel.

SALARY   Salary commensurate with experience and based on salary 
history.  Salary with University of Arkansas benefit package.

TERM   Available immediately - assignment until September 15, 1998

APPLICATION   Applicant should address their qualifications and 
experience in a cover letter, and vita that highlights their education 
and any unique strengths which make them suitable for the position.  
The application should include names, addresses and phone numbers of 
six references who are knowledgeable of applicants background.

CLOSING DATE   June 30, 1996 or until candidate is selected.  Address
applications to: 

Dr. Shadrach O. Okiror, Director
International Programs
University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff
PO Box 4960, 1200 N. University Drive
Pine Bluff, AR 71611

*** For further information during IFT meeting please contact Dr. Phil 
Crandall, at New Orleans Riverside Hilton: tel: (504) 561-0500.