Subject: (no subject)

From: "Nis B. Maybom" <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Jul 1996 09:55:44 GMT

Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
Physics and Technology of Meat Products
A (permanent) position as an associate professor at the Department of Biotechnology 
(IBT) is vacant for occupancy as of 1 January 1997. The position comprises research 
and teaching in physics and technology of meat products. The core area within the 
field is research in central unit operations in the meat industries and the influence 
these operations have on product quality. Thus, the research implies an integration 
of chemical and mechanical engineering with basic meat research, notably meat 
physics, since the physical properties of meat (i.e. thermal, rheological, textural, 
and diffusional properties) are decisive for the understanding of the transformation 
taking place during conversion of raw meat to refined meat products.

The associate professor is expected to conduct research projects in collaboration 
with other relevant research groups in food product research, including groups at the 
Department of Seafood Research, neighboring IBT, where a considerable amount of 
research in fish products is going on. This research is very relevant to the kind of 
work to be promoted through similar activities at IBT.

The position includes also lecturing and laboratory tuition in meat technology and 
participation in other teaching in food science and technology. Applicants must also 
enclose information on previous teaching activities.

Applicants must document professional qualifications equivalent to a Ph.D. degree 
with a minimum of additional three years post doctoral research.

The successful candidate will be paid according to the agreement with the relevant 
professional organisation plus a supplement which at the moment amounts to 62,616.14 
DKR per annum.

Applicants must enclose a publication list and indicate which publications they wish 
to be considered. The selection committee can require additional necessary material 
to enable it a fair judgement of applications.

Further information regarding the position can be obtained from docent Peter Zeuthen, 
head of Department of Biotechnology, Building 221, Anker Engelundsvej 1, DTU, DK-2800 
Lyngby, Tel. +45 45252648, FAX +45 45884922, E-mail [email-masked]

 DTU is an equal opportunity institution and therefore invites both men and women to 
apply. The application will be handled in accordance with Ministerial Order of 9 
September 1993 on appointment of teachers and scientific staff at universities under 
Ministry of Education. This entails that any application will be presented to a 
Judging Panel. The submission from the panel will be forwarded in full to all 
applicants.

3 copies of the application and the annexes must be mailed to
Rektor
Danmarks Tekniske Universitet
Bygning 101
2800 Lyngby
Danmark
Applications must arrive at DTU no later than 2 September at 12 o'clock