Subject: This product eradicates the coumadin level in the bloodstream!

From: [email-masked](CMN)
Date: 24 Mar 1996 01:01:21 GMT

Revenol

One of the World's Most Powerful Antioxidants Revenol 60 + OPC's 
is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world and a 
biological powerhouse for destroying free radicals - up to 150 
times more powerful than Vitamin E and 60 times more powerful 
than Vitamin C. Studies on ingredients suggest use for 
cardiovascular system, arthritis, sports injuries, varicose 
veins, skin wrinkles, aging, allergies, histamine inflammation, 
phlebitis,edema, swollen legs, cell vitality, visual acuity, 
prostrate inflammation, joint stiffness, diabetic retinopathy, 
etc.
This new formulation now contains 60 mg of Oligimeric 
Proanthrocyanadins(OPC's) from Maritime Pine Bark, Grape Seed 
Pipsand Curcuminoid extracts. Curcuminoids is a sensational new 
discovery, a natural antioxidant, that is almost three times 
more powerful than pycnogenols from Maritime pine bark or grape 
seed extracts.
 
In addition, this powerful and unique formual also includes 
esterfied Vitamin C, natural Vitamin E, Beta Carotene, Gingko 
Biloba and a patented phytosome delivery system having 
absorption characteristics that may be 400% greater than other 
formulas. 

Use: New higher potency 60mg formulation with Curcuminoids 
requires only two tablets twice per day to start then one tablet 
twice daily to maintain.

For more information, contact:

CMN
(800)430-5980 voice
email: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.clever.net/qms/cmn/neways

---

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Kakuda)
Date: 24 Mar 1996 18:35:09 -0800

CMN ([email-masked]) wrote:
:                            Revenol

: One of the World's Most Powerful Antioxidants Revenol 60 + OPC's 
: is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world and a 
: biological powerhouse for destroying free radicals - up to 150 
: times more powerful than Vitamin E and 60 times more powerful 
: than Vitamin C. Studies on ingredients suggest use for 
: cardiovascular system, arthritis, sports injuries, varicose 
: veins, skin wrinkles, aging, allergies, histamine inflammation, 
: phlebitis,edema, swollen legs, cell vitality, visual acuity, 
: prostrate inflammation, joint stiffness, diabetic retinopathy, 
: etc.
SUGGEST but not proven

: This new formulation now contains 60 mg of Oligimeric 
: Proanthrocyanadins(OPC's) from Maritime Pine Bark, Grape Seed 
: Pips and Curcuminoid extracts. Curcuminoids is a sensational new 
: discovery, a natural antioxidant, that is almost three times 
: more powerful than pycnogenols from Maritime pine bark or grape 
: seed extracts.
OH AH...YAWN!

: In addition, this powerful and unique formual also includes 
: esterfied Vitamin C, natural Vitamin E, Beta Carotene, Gingko 
: Biloba and a patented phytosome delivery system having 
: absorption characteristics that may be 400% greater than other 
: formulas. 
If its such a powerful anti-oxidant, why even add the vitamin C and E?
So what is a phytosome delivery system anyways?  Are you saying that
previous formulations are worthless because they had less bioavailability?

: Use: New higher potency 60mg formulation with Curcuminoids 
: requires only two tablets twice per day to start then one tablet 
: twice daily to maintain.
Wow - it makes it sound as if you need a loading dose for this to work,
clever marketing approach.  It MUST work if it requires a loading dose
BTW - how was it determined that BID is right doseage?  If its so
potent, wouldn't QD be more appropriate?

---

From: Dave Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 18:33:35 -0800

> biological powerhouse for destroying free radicals - up to 150
[snip]
> requires only two tablets twice per day to start then one tablet
[snip]

The above posting was a blatant advertisement. Please do not
post your ads here and think that you are within the charter.
A brief message with the pointer to your web page would
more than suffice. I read sci.med.nutrition.

I also noticed some netiquette in your cross-posting.

1) misc.* groups are specifically created for topics not
within the other hierarchies. Thus if an article is
appropriate for a misc.* group, it is BY DEFINITION NOT
APPROPRIATE for a group in any other hierarchy.

2) You cross-posted an article merely to get more people to read
it. Newsgroups are for discussion. It is rude and inappropriate to
post to a group that you do not read. It is also poor netiquette
to cross-post an article without setting the Followups-to line
to one group. That way discussion can take place within one
group, the way that Usenet was designed.

3) For more info on netiquette, read the postings in 
news.announce.newusers. It has all the guidelines for
proper netiquette. It should be read by EVERYONE before
they decide to use the Internet for their personal gain.

Please cease posting your ads in sci.med.nutrition. If you really
want to, post a pointer to your web page every 6 months or so.
Continuing poor netiquette will lead to trouble. This is not a
threat. In all likelihood trouble would occur with or
without me.

-- 
Dave Blake  
[email-masked]
http://www.keck.ucsf.edu/~dblake

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Malcolm)
Date: 27 Mar 1996 14:37:13 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked](CMN) writes:

>than Vitamin C.

Since it already easy to take so much vit E that immune responses are
compromised (because oxidation is involved in some immune reactions) why
would anyone want to take a much more powerful anti-oxidant?

-- 
Chris Malcolm    [email-masked]         +44 (0)131 650 3085
Department of Artificial Intelligence,    Edinburgh University
5 Forrest Hill, Edinburgh, EH1 2QL, UK                DoD #205
"The mind reigns, but does not govern"             Paul Valery