Subject: Re: Irradiated Foods

From: "ESAC - 5 Unidade Org." <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jun 1996 14:37:48 GMT

Dear Soren,
 Let me know if yuo are still interested in methods for the detection of 
irradiated foods.
 Recently I had to prepare some lectures on food irradiation and I found 
lots of references concerning detection of irradiated foods. 
As do not have all the references at hand so Iｴm just sending the ones I 
can find.
 Feel free to contact me if you still need dome more references.

Best Regards
Joao Freire de Noronha

Stevenson, M.H., 1991. Detection of irradiated food. Food Science and 
Technology Today, 5, 2, 69-73

1. Gray, R. and Stevenson, H., 1990. Effect of lenght and temperature of 
storage on the ESR signals from various bones in irradiated chicken 
carcasses. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 25, 
506-511.

2. Tabner, B.J. and Tabner, V.A., 1994. Electron spin resonance spectra 
of g-irradiated citrus fruit skins, skin components and stalks. 
International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 29, 143-152.

3. Deighton, N.; Glidewell, S.S.; Goodman, B.A. and Morrison, I.M., 1993. 
Electron paramagnetic resonance of gamma-irradiated cellulose and 
lignocellulosic material. International Journal of Food Science and 
Technology, 28, 45-55.

(...)

There was some time ago (1,2 years ago) a seminar in the UK promoted by 
the MAFF (Ministery of Agriculture Food and Fisheries) on methods for the 
destection of irradiated foods. A summary of the communications was 
published in a journal Published by the IFST. I can nor recall the 
name just now... .I can find the reference if you still need it. let me 
know.
-- 
Escola Superior Agraria de Coimbra
5 Unidade Organica
Bencanta, 3040 COIMBRA   PORTUGAL
Telef. +351 39 444400  Fax. +351 39 813612 email: [email-masked]