Subject: CAN-QC-MONTREAL(ST-HYACINTHE): TECHNICIAN, MICROBIAL METABOLITES/TECHNICIEN(NE), METABOLITES MICROBIENS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 20:15:54 GMT

See the English version below.

TECHNICIEN(NE) EN PRODUCTION, PURIFICATION, UTILISATION DE METABOLITES
MICROBIENS

Agriculture et Agro-alimentaire Canada
Centre de recherche et de developpement sur les aliments
St-Hyacinthe (Quebec)

Salaire: 41,285$ - 50,232$

Fonctions:
Elaborer des methodes de selection de souches microbiennes
productrices d'additifs alimentaires; elaborer des protocoles d'etudes
sur la cinetique de croissance des souches microbiennes selectionnees
et sur la cinetique de production des additifs alimentaires; traiter
du materiel cellulaire microbien pour en extraire les additifs
alimentaires desires comme des enzymes et des aromes; doser et
caracteriser les additifs pour evaluer la performance des cultures
selectionnees et evaluer leurs applications possibles en tant
qu'additif ou biocatalyseur pour la production d'additifs et leur
valeur.

Etudes:
Etudes post-secondaires terminees avec succes en microbiologie.

Exigences:
Experience significative dans toutes les techniques suivantes: 1)
production et conservation de microorganismes; 2) extraction et
caracterisation d'enzymes; 3) analyse par chromatographie en phase
gazeuse et HPLC; 4) operation de reacteurs enzymatiques ou de
fermenteurs.

Etat de sante: Bonne sante prouvee par un examen du medecin de
l'employeur.

La connaissance du francais et de l'anglais est essentielle pour ce
poste.  Une verification de la fiabilite sera effectuee avant la
nomination.

Veuillez acheminer votre curriculum vitae au plus tard le 24 decembre
1996 en indiquant le numero de reference S-96-21- EG05-AGRC-MTL-NET a:

Suzanne Pelletier
Commission de la fonction publique du Canada
Complexe Guy-Favreau
200, boul. Rene-Levesque Ouest
Tour Ouest, 8e etage
Montreal (Quebec)  H2Z 1X4

Telecopieur: (514) 496-2404

Nous remercions tous ceux et celles qui soumettent leur candidature;
nous ne communiquerons qu'avec les personnes choisies pour la
prochaine etape.

Prendre note qu'un concours interne a la fonction publique a lieu
simultanement, et que ce dernier a priorite sur le recrutement public.

La preference sera accordee aux citoyens et citoyennes canadiennes.
Nous souscrivons au principe de l'equite en matiere d'emploi.

Pour plus de renseignements sur les programmes de recrutement de la
Commission de la fonction publique du Canada, visitez notre site Web
au
http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/recruit/cfp1.htm

TECHNICIAN IN THE PRODUCTION, PURIFICATION AND UTILIZATION OF
MICROBIAL METABOLITES

Agriculture and Agri Food Canada
Food Research and Development Centre
St-Hyacinthe, Quebec

Salary: $41,285 - $50,232

Duties:
Define methods for the selection of microbial strains which produce
food additives; define protocols for the study of growth and
metabolite production kinetics of selected microbial strains; process
microbial cells to extract the desired food additive such as enzymes
or flavours; quantifies and characterizes the additives to evaluate
the performance of the selected strains and their potential use as an
additive or as a biocatalyst used in the production of an additive and
their value.

Education:
Post secondary studies completed with success in microbiology.

Requirements:
Significant experience in all of the following techniques: 1)
production and preservation of microorganisms; 2) extraction and
characterization of enzymes; 3) analysis by gas chromatography and
HPLC; 4) operation of enzyme reactors or fermentors.

Medical suitability: Good health as demonstrated by an examination by
a doctor of the employer.

The knowledge of French and English is essential for this position.  A
reliability check will be conducted prior to employment.

Please send your curriculum vitae by December 24, 1996 indicating the
reference number
S-96-21-EG05-AGRC-MTL-NET to:

Suzanne Pelletier
Public Service Commission of Canada
Guy-Favreau Complex
200 Rene-Levesque Blvd., West
West Tower, 8th Floor
Montreal, Quebec, H2Z 1X4

Fax: (514) 496-2404

We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for
further consideration will be contacted.

Please note that a Public Service closed competition is held
simultaneously, and is given priority over public recruiting.

Preference is given to Canadian citizens.  We are committed to
Employment Equity.

For additional information on the Public Service Commission of Canada
recruiting programs, please visit our Internet site at
http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/recruit/cfp1e.htm