Subject: Searching for Company Name - Information

From: [email-masked] (Jerry Trottmann)
Date: 9 May 1996 14:42:56 GMT

I am searching for information ( name and location) about a company that makes a
reflectometer that can determine the freshness of fish.  This instrument may determine t
he absorbance
of a surface by reading thr light reflected from the surface.   The company name may
contain the letters ADI and possibly be located in Georga, USA.
This product was observed in a lab but no other information was available.
Any and all help in locating the manufacture of such a device will be most
happly accepted.
-- 
Please e-mail responces to [email-masked]

#       Jerry B. Trottmann - External Projects Manager

---

From: [email-masked] (Len Steele)
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 07:41:56 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Jerry

> contain the letters ADI and possibly be located in Georga, USA.
==========
I took a look in the 1996 Buyers' Guide Editions of "American Laboratory"
and "American Biotechnology Laboratory", under the category "Reflectance
Equipment".  Each lists the same 13 companies, none with "ADI" in their
name.  The closest is Analytical Spectral Devices, Inc. (which could, I
suppose, sometimes be abbreviated to ASDI?).  Neither that company, nor
any of the other 12, are in Georgia.  As a starting point, here's the
address & phone #s for "ASDI":
4760 Walnut St, Ste. 105, Boulder, CO 80301 USA
303-444-6522 (fax: 303-444-6825).

If the "ADI" you saw is in Georgia, then it is not cross-referenced in the
buyers' guides under the above category.

---

From: [email-masked] (Len Steele)
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 08:01:54 -0700

Trottmann) wrote:

> reflectometer that can determine the freshness of fish ...  The company
name may
> contain the letters ADI and possibly be located in Georga, USA.
==========
I had a look in the 1995 Laboratory Buyers' Guide (Canada) which lists an
"ADI" (no other info as to country) in the "U.S. and foreign principals"
section, stating that a Canadian company is the ADI rep, specifically:
Cowper, Inc.
677 Seventh Ave
Lachine, PQ H8S 3A1
514-637-6746 (fax: 514-637-5055)
No idea if the aforementioned ADI is the one you heard of...