Subject: remove smell of garlic and oinion

From: "todd jaffe" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Dec 1996 00:45:58 GMT

I have seen advertised a metal bar which is suppose to remove cooking odors
such as from oinions and garlic from ones hands.  It is called "Noion"  It
says it is made from "a metal alloy that reacts with the oil of
oinion,garlic, fish, and other smelly foods to lift them and their odors
>from  your skin"  It sells for $8.00

	Does anyone have any idea as to what type of metal this could be?  Do you
think it works?  If so, how.  I would appreciate any comments  Thanks

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 96 09:08:22 PDT

> think it works?  If so, how.  I would appreciate any comments  Thanks

I have seen these and I don't know for sure what the metal is.  However, I had 
heard that you can achieve the same thing by rubbing your hands with a 
stainless steel spoon under running water.  I have tried that and it actually 
seems to work to some extent.  I would suggest trying that before you buy the 
commercial product you mentioned.

Jerry