Subject: Drinking distilled water - good or bad???

From: [email-masked](Steve )
Date: 20 May 1996 15:46:27 GMT

If one takes a mineral supplement, is distilled water OK?
What should the supplement consist of???????

Steve
[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]> (G. Cote)
Date: 20 May 1996 20:32:17 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
says...
>What should the supplement consist of???????

 Distilled water will not harm you, and you should be getting all the 
minerals you need from a normal balanced diet.  This topic has been 
discussed in great detail in this and other usenet groups.  Check the 
archives.

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Grant)
Date: 21 May 1996 16:58:41 GMT

>What should the supplement consist of???????
      I am curious about why you would want to drink distilled water on a
routine basis.  I have tasted distilled water, also deionized and reverse
osmosis water, on several occasions - the taste is blaah.  Another point
to consider is that processed water of that type is extraordinally
difficult to maintain in any sort of sterile condition.  I have seen the
microbiological count go out of sight in a distilled water line that was
merely left stagnant overnight.  
       Andy Grant