Subject: Conference Announcement, Melbourne, Australia, Dec. 1996

From: [email-masked] (Tracy Nero)
Date: 21 Mar 1996 19:45:37 -0800

Please excuse any cross posts.

	ROYAL AUSTRALIAN CHEMICAL INSTITUTE 

MEDICINAL & AGRICULTURAL DIVISION 13TH NATIONAL CONFERENCE

        "UP AND COMING RESEARCH IN AUSTRALIA"

8-11 DECEMBER, 1996, Monash University, Clayton 3168, Victoria,
Australia

The conference will cover all aspects of medicinal and agricultural
chemistry.  Papers are invited for both lecture and poster sessions.
The meeting will be held in conjunction with the ASCEPT pharmacology
conference and some joint sessions will be organized.  The conference
will focus on students and new researchers, emerging research areas in
medicinal and agricultural chemistry, and the interaction of
medicinal chemists and pharmacologists.  There will also be a
symposium on research funding and the research/industry interface.

Preliminary session topics include:
        o  agrochemistry
        o  toxins
        o  anti-infectives
        o  enzyme inhibitors
        o  automated methods of synthesis and screening
        o  glycobiology and glycochemistry
        o  DNA and drugs
        o  QSAR methods 
        o  medicinal chemistry teaching

Registration forms and details will be published later to this list and on
our Web page.

Enquiries to:   Dr. Margaret Wong, Department of Applied Chemistry,
                Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn 3122
                Victoria
                Ph: (03)9214-8542       Fax: (03)9819-0834
                email: [email-masked]
or me.

Tracy Nero, PhD
Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Unit,
Dept. of Medicine, The University of Melbourne,
Austin Campus, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre,
Heidelberg, 3084, Victoria, Australia

[email-masked]
Ph. 61 3 94965052
Fax 61 3 94593510