Subject: Rapid Microbial Methods

From: Sandra Pitts <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 14:36:40 -0800

Announcing...
A Symposium on Emerging Foodborne Pathogens will be held at the
University of Guelph on February 17, 1997. Experts will provide an
overview and update on emerging foodborne pathogens, including Lysteria
monocytogenes, verocytotoxigenic E. coli, Salmonella, BSE and foodborne
viruses. A walk-about lunch in the exhibit area will showcase the latest
technology in the area of rapid microbiology instrumentation
methodology.
Following the Symposium will be the Third Annual Rapid Methods and
Current Issues in Food Microbiology Workshop, running feb. 18-20, 1997.
Lectures on molecular methods, immunoassays and biological-based methods
of detection and isolation will be complimented with application
presentations by industry suppliers. Laboratory sessions each day
include demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
For more information about registering or exhibiting at these programs,
contact the Office of Open Learning at (519) 767-5000 or by email to
[email-masked]
Early registration deadline is January 31, 1997.