Subject: WEEDS?Check out the vitamin C levels of some wild edible plants that ICheck out the vitamin C levels of some wild edible plants that I

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 08:17:06 GMT

Check out the vitamin C levels of some wild edible plants that I
analyzed in a paper published about 20 years ago when I was an
under-grad. The levels of Vitamin C in common violets could easily
provide 1000 mg/day. (violets contain about 200mg/100g (1/4 lb)of
fresh leaves.

The entire paper is viewable at the URL:
http://macatawa.org/~rimmer/drzbiog.htm
----
Dr Tom Zennie
Zen Sheep Farm
7723 Quincy St
Zeeland, Michigan
e-mail:rimmer@macatawa,org
http://macatawa.org/~rimmer/drzbiog.htm
*****************************************************************************
I am not about to go out everyday and eat a handful of weeds to get my
vitamin C. We are going into the 21 century here!

Sincerely,
Margie
Never Explain- Your friends do not need it and 
your enemies will not believe you anyway.

---

From: Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 09:30:26 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:
> http://macatawa.org/~rimmer/drzbiog.htmThe common violet is sweet violet? Or, you don't include african violet, do you?

Mei-Tien

---

From: Oz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 13:29:54 +0100

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] writes
>http://macatawa.org/~rimmer/drzbiog.htm

I hope it includes toxicology. Many wild plants are poisonous if 
consumed in quantity.

------------------------------- 
'Oz     "When I knew little, all was certain. The more I learnt,
        the less sure I was. Is this the uncertainty principle?"