Subject: Re: Nutrients in pureed food?

From: Alex Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 17:02:01 -0500

Rich Mateles wrote:
> 
> Some vitamins can be lost through oxidation accelerated by the
> incorporation  of air during blending.  Others can be lost through
> eznymatic means if the food is not blanched or cooked.  Otherwise,
> availability of nutrients will be slightly increased by pureeing.  But
> the effect is small, and why bother?  (Unless you can't chew).I am considering getting Vita-Mix for processing "whole" food , juices, 
and soups,..,etc. It sounded rather nice from their "report". They are 
promoting puree fresh foods and getting more available nutrients out of 
the food. I believe what you said makes a lot of sense. I wonder if 
there is any comparison been made for this? ( Increased availablity vs 
loss of vitamin during processing.)

Thanks again.
Mei-Tien

---

From: Alex Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 17:03:03 -0500

Thanks again.
Mei-Tien