Subject: Super Blue Green Algae - Super Food or Marketing Ploy

From: [email-masked] (Dan Howington)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 18:14:05 GMT

Hello!  I'm a nutritionist with a personal training institute in
Atlanta, GA and everyone's always bringing me the next great  miracle
food, cure, anti-everything, on the market.  

Please let me know about this "Super Blue Green Algae from a company
called Cell Tech."  

The literature says it comes form the "World's Richest Natural
Environment", Upper Klamath Lake in Southern Oregon. It also "contains
a host of pigments" like "carotenoids, phycobilins and phycocyanins."
It is the "Richest known source of Chlorophyll - a cell regenerator
and blood purifier."  (states that this is a big deal because
chlorophyll has "a molecular structure almost identical to the red
hemoglobin in our blood."  It's enzyme active for "maximum absorption
by the body" at no cost to the body's own enzyme reserve. 

Is it wonderful?  Is it Super?  Is it really blue green?  Or is it
another MLM ploy to take people's money?  Lend me your learned
opinions, please!

---

From: [email-masked] (Gerry Dyar)
Date: 25 Mar 1996 00:46:29 GMT

Suggest you read the article on page 18 of the August, 1995 issue of 
Vegitarian Times magazine

This gives the other side of the story from that in the sales literature 
that Cel Tech sends out.  Needless to say it's not quite as rosy.