Subject: magnesium bioavalaibility

From: THEVENOD <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 13:03:46 -0800

I read in an article that "magnesium in drinking water constitutes a 
magnesiun intake whose high nutritional density is ideal since it is free 
>from  calories".
What does it mean? I don't know the term "nutritional density".
I work on magnesium benefic effects, and magnesium water seems to be very 
important, more than food magnesium, because of its better 
bioavalaibility.
But I really don't understand this theory of nutritional density !
I wait for your answer,
Regards.
Catherine.

---

From: Staffan Lindeberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 20:39:40 +0100

> What does it mean? I don't know the term "nutritional density".

"Nutritional density" implies the amount of nutrient, in this case
magnesium, measured in units of weight per units of energy, e.g. mg/MJ.
In this way you can compare dry foods like nuts with watery ones like
fruit. Magnesium density in plain water would be infinitely high but not
very useful for comparison.

Staffan Lindeberg

---

From: Mei-Tien <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 12:47:37 -0500

> But I really don't understand this theory of nutritional density !
I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a related question:
Is it true that minerals in water is more absorpable even for calcium
carbonate ( citrate is easier for assimilation?)?

Very confusing for me.

Mei-Tien