Subject: The very first post

From: [email-masked] (Rachel Zemser )
Date: 25 May 1995 03:08:43 GMT

This is the first official post to the new sci.bio.food-science.
In a few days I will start working on the FAQAFS (Frequently asked questions
about food science) if anyone would like to help out, please let me know.

Rachel Zemser
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (jralphb)
Date: Sun, 28 May 1995 05:36:52 GMT

>[email-masked]

Congratulations to Rachel on successfully setting up sci.bio
food-science newsgroup, a great achievement and valuable new resource.

Many FAQAFS already exist on the Internet.  Another new food science
and technology resource since 2 May,  the WWW home page of the
Institute of Food Science & Technology (IFST) is at the heart of a
web of many linked pages. They include pages dealing with numerous
aspects of food science and technology as a subject and as a
profession, including standards of competence, standards of ethical
integrity, careers, hot topics, information about IFST, and 51 FAQ
about food science and technology, grouped under the headings of Food
and Nutrition, Food Safety, Additives and Packaging, and Science and
Food.

Visit the IFST home pages at  http://www.easynet.co.uk/ifst/

J Ralph Blanchfield
Webmaster, IFST
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (jralphb)
Date: Sun, 28 May 1995 05:37:12 GMT

J Ralph Blanchfield
Webmaster, IFST
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul King)
Date: 29 May 95 03:52:27 GMT

>about food science) if anyone would like to help out, please let me know.

I would be glad to help out. ... Do you have some questions of your
own you would like to work on? If not, I could think of some questions
myself. Like how to represent nomenclature on the net. Acceptable,
and/or commonly-used abbreviations, and so on. Looks like we would
have to aggree on much of this by correspondence.

>[email-masked]

Paul 
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Len Steele)
Date: 29 May 1995 14:20:30 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:
   ... Many FAQAFS already exist on the Internet.  Another new food science
   and technology resource since 2 May,  the WWW home page of the
   Institute of Food Science & Technology (IFST) is at the heart of a
   web of many linked pages... Visit the IFST home pages at  
   http://www.easynet.co.uk/ifst/

Thanks to J Ralph Blanchfield (Webmaster, IFST; [email-masked])
for this information.  I see that http://library2.dfp.csiro.au/fdnet.htm
(the first listed resource in my "Greetings" list) has entered your web
site and marked it as "new" (***).  David K. MacKinnon (PEI Food Technol.
Center)
may be setting up a web page, with links--if he does, no doubt we will
see a posting in this newsgroup (meanwhile the csiro and ifst pages likely
link to many/most of the "interesting sites").

Len Steele
([email-masked])