Subject: Conference Announcement

From: [email-masked] (Michael Kopplin)
Date: 21 Mar 1996 16:15:08 GMT

Call for Abstracts

                              MODULATION of
                            CHEMICAL TOXICITY
                           and RISK ASSESSMENT

                            June 9 - 12, 1996
                         Westin La Paloma Resort
                           Tucson, Arizona, USA

The conference will focus on the modulation of chemical toxicity and risk
assessment from a variety of factors including nutrition and the presence
of toxicants in food. A major objective will be to assess the role that
improved nutrition may have on minimizing the impact of toxic chemicals 
and the role that nutritional deficiencies may have on altering toxicity.
Manipulation of nutritional factors may prove to be an inexpensive means
to reduce human risk from hazardous substances in the environment. Another
objective will be to discuss the impact that dietary factors may have on
established risk assessment procedures.

The conference theme Modulation of Chemical Toxicity and Risk Assessment
will be explored in five sessions:
     Natural Toxicants in Food
     Xenobiotic Toxicants in Food
     Nutritional Status and Toxicity
     Dietary Modification and Toxicity
     Dietary Factors and Risk Assessment Policy

The conference will feature oral and poster presentations of scientific
studies concerned with: hazardous wastes, pesticides, foods, beverages,
feeds, fertilizers, soil, water, human and animal drugs and residues, and
other related areas. Contributed abstracts will be presented in poster 
session format.

You can request a registration packet, submit poster abstracts, 
or request further information at our Internet site.
http://jeeves.pharm.arizona.edu/bionutrition.html 

Alternatively you can send the following information by e-mail to 
[email-masked]
   Mailing address, Phone, FAX, and E-mail address

and if submitting a poster abstract, include the following:
   Title: not longer than 60 characters.
   Authors: Name and institutional affiliation of authors, with the 
      intended presenter in parentheses.
   Topic: Select one of the 5 topics listed above
   Abstract: Not more than 250 words, written in English.

Abstracts are due Wednesday, May 1.

For further information visit our Internet web site
http://jeeves.pharm.arizona.edu/bionutrition.html

For questions, contact Susan Hurt, The University 
of Arizona, College of Pharmacy, Center for Toxicology
E-mail: [email-masked]
FAX: 520-626-4063

SPONSORS FROM THE UNITED STATES AND MEXICO
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, 
     Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Center for Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, The University
     of Arizona,Tucson, Arizona
National Institute of Nutrition, Mexico City, Mexico
Center for Research in Food Processing and Development, Hermosillo, Sonora
Autonomous University of Queretaro, Queretaro, Queretaro

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Dean E. Carter, Chair, H. Vasken Aposhian, Hector Bourges,
Elvira de Mejia, A. Jay Gandolfi, Daniel Liebler, Carlos Pena,
I. Glenn Sipes, William A. Suk, Mauro Valencia, Jane Wyatt