Subject: Re: Garlic pleasures

From: ms fokkema <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 04:48:58 GMT

Jean-Erik BLOCHET wrote:
> 
> I am looking for informations about food additives which allow all
> garlic pleasures without bad breath. Thank you for helping me!

bad breath is one of the garlic pleasures!

No kidding, some people suggest to eat garlic together with 
parsley.
Cooked garlic doesn't smell as much as raw garlic.

---

From: Eric Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 12:07:01 -0700

> garlic pleasures without bad breath. Thank you for helping me!

I train with a Grandmaster of martial arts (the first such woman in 
the history of Korean martial arts).  She specializes in Ki Energy 
and healing.  From her, I learned that it is not the garlic that makes 
you smell, but the healing that is taking place within you as the 
accumulated debris of past eating habits is released. 

Sure enough, I found (along with many others on her Self Discovery 
Weekends) that by maintaining a clean diet over time, the initally 
intense odors dissipated, and eventually went away entirely.

The interesting thing is, when the insides are clean, deoderant becomes
unnecessary.  In fact, the mixture of deoderant with sweat just makes a 
more horrible stench, especially early on.  And when deoderant acts by 
preventing sweat, that's just not healthy!

In summary, the issue is not what you can ADD to make the odors go away, 
its what you can SUBTRACT.

For more information on Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim and Jung SuWon,
visit
	http://www.jsw.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 22:56:21 -0400

> accumulated debris of past eating habits is released.

Hmm... very interesting...
But if that is true, how come garlic smells before you eat it ?

---

From: "Rafael Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 10:41:30 -0400

I learned that it is not the garlic that makes
 you smell, but the healing that is taking place within you as the
accumulated debris of past eating habits is released.
> But if that is true, how come garlic smells before you eat it ?

Yeah!  Logic prevails over superstition once again.

---

From: Terry Spencer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 18:22:26 -0700

Eric Armstrong wrote:
>         http://www.jsw.com---------------------------------------------------------------
Eric
I think your grandmaster could be having you on and having a bit of parsley on the 
side, so as to speak.  

Parsley has been known for millennia (or at least a long time) to counteract the 
anti-social effects of eating garlic.  Hence the common practice of those in the know 
of chewing a bit of parsley at the end of a heavy night on garlic.  The active 
ingredient is contained in the oil - a commercial product containing a mixture of 
parsley oil and vegetable oil as a filler is sold in Australia under the brand name of 
BreathAsure.  To my knowledge, it is also available in many other countries.

Regards
Terry 
-- 

_______________________________________________________________
Terry Spencer
[email-masked]
61_6_2998956