Subject: Re: Skipping meals: bad or legend?

From: [email-masked] (Alan Moorman)
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 1996 21:30:59 GMT

In a posting to sci.bio.food-science 
On Mon, 26 Aug 1996 22:49:57 -0700,  [email-masked]  spoke about

>As I was reading the diferent kind of question you have concerning diets, 
>I was wondering if skipping meals is as bad as we heard, especially for 
>the dinner? Do you think it is the right way to lose weight fast?
>Thank you

There is no "right" way to lose weight "fast".

Just learn about food, and take it slow and easy.  You won't put
yourself at risk, and you'll have a better chance of actually changing
your eating habits to a better pattern.

Alan

---

From: TLF <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Sep 1996 13:54:39 GMT

You should never skip meals. It's bad for your health, because your body 
needs the things that food have, like vitamins, proteins or 
carbohidrates.

Instead of skiping meals why don't you try to eat some ligth and very 
healthy things, like fruit or boiled vegetables. That's realy good for 
your health, doesn't allow you to be hungry and avoid you for skiping 
meals.

However, you slouldn't forget that once a day you ougth to eat some 
proteins that can be found on meat or fish.

Eat healthy, don't skip any meals and you will be happier.

TLF 
Portuguese Food Sc. Student