Subject: Re: Do I really ... get the FAQ at...

From: [email-masked] (David Adams)
Date: 26 Jan 95 09:49:19 CST

In article [email-masked], [email-masked] (Laura Fenster) writes:
> 
> ftp to:  ils.nwu.edu	
> 
> in the directory:	/pub/sourdough    

Snip snip...

> other filies of interest:
> 	FAQ.basic_bread

	John [I can't remember how to spell the last name Trinterund???]
	wrote a nice artice to help a beginner learn how to make 
	basic yeast bread.

> 	FAQ.culture.bank
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

	We desperately need to update this FAQ is suggest.
	(At least I know I don't have the cultures I offered there
	more than two or three years ago and it could save alot of
	people a few stamps.)

> 	FAQ.recipes.v1.0
> 	FAQ.recipes.v2.0

	If you get v2.0 you don't need v1.0.  The only reason for getting
	the former is that it is shorter and maybe you don't want to 
	have too many recipes.  ;^)

> 	blackbread
	^^^^^^^^^^

	A collection of discussions we had on the frequently discussed
	topic of "How do I make Russian Black Bread?"

	Also Brian Dixon wrote a nice FAQ about how to take care of
	your starter and revive it when it seems dead etc.  I am 
	responsible for the poor choice of name:

	FAQ.starter.doctor

	We had others about making yogurt and sauerkraut etc.  When
	we were a mailing list many of us were interested in extending
	the idea of fermenting to such related areas.  

---
	-David  [email-masked]

-- 
	-David  [email-masked]