From: [email-masked] ( Chris Teegarden (ICCT))

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked] (USENET News System)
Organization: Applied Computing Devices, Inc., Terre Haute IN
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 15:37:36 GMT
Lines: 58

As requested, here is the information on the egg incubator I bought.  It
consists of a molded styrofoam container that is approximately 16 inches
square by eight inches tall.  It is formed from cupped top and bottom halves
that fit together using a stepped lip around the top edge of the bottom half.

The bottom half has concentric raised ridges on the inside bottom that are
meant to hold water to raise the humidity.  These ridges are heavy enough
and close enough together to support a bowl containing bread dough.

The top half contains a viewing window (plastic), the thermostat assembly,
and the heater assembly.  The thermostat is centrally mounted and hangs down
about four or five inches inside the box.  The heating element is contained
inside a thin metal tube (1/8 inch diameter) that is shaped in a rounded
square about 12 inches wide.  It is mounted about one inch in from the
--MORE--(42%)
it seems to be a safe method.

Since it is too short, I plan on extending the box by constructing a four
sided sleeve of styrofoam sheeting and duct tape.  It seems like the simplest
way to get exactly what I need for a proofing box.

As Mr. Dixon pointed out, you can just mount the thermostat and heating
assemblies on a board and use your oven or cooler as well.  I understand that
they may be purchased separately from the manufacturer.

The product name is the "Little Giant" incubator.  The manufacturer's name,
address, and phone # are:

   Miller Mfg. Co.
   494 Villaume Ave.
   So. St. Paul, MN  55075

   (612)451-1761  Telex 29-7033

If I mangled the description, I'm sorry.  You might want to find a
retail outlet that carries them and examine it to determine what parts you
wish to order.  The local stores that carry them are Tractor Supply Co (TSC)
--MORE--(73%)

I personally found it simpler to just buy the complete unit rather than try to
assemble my own.  The price difference for the parts I needed, when you include
shipping, was less than five dollars.

The parts numbers for the thermostat and heating element assemblies are as
follows:

        5201 - Element Clip
        5202 - Element
        5204 - Adjustment screw and wing nut
        5205 - 5 ft. Power cord
        5206 - Indicator light (on when element is heating)
        5207 - Thermostat switch assembly (includes thermostat switch,
               bracket, and insulator shield).
        5208 - Thermostat wafer (the gas filled disk that actuates the switch)

The whole incubator (including thermostat, etc.) is kit number 5200.

-- Chris ([email-masked])
End of article 174 (of 239)--what next? [npq]