Subject: Special Forces Survival Med. - course offering

From: [email-masked] (Yes, I'm still here...)
Date: 23 May 1995 01:46:00 GMT

(Copied from the press release)

For more information, call;            

Earthbound Medical Rescue                            March 8 1995
(408)275-9542

                     Survival Medicine Course

Earthbound Medical Rescue is hosting a class in Survival Medicine
at JMP Ranch in Milpitas, CA on the weekend of June 16, 17 and
18, 1995.  This class is taught by John (Dutch) Verschoor MD. Dutch
is a 23 year member of the US Army Special Forces, a medical service
officer for the CIA and owns and operates Basic Operations School
in Yuma, AZ.  This course is open to all levels of medical training. 
In order to cover the most material possible students should be
familiar with basic anatomy and physiology.  This course is designed
to provide medical training suitable for survival and medical relief
operations in the third world and covers the following areas:

	1) Preventive medicine - sanitation, water purification,
	   waste control and disposal, rodent and arthropod control
	   plus more.

	2) Primitive medicine - Learn how to use primitive treatment
	   materials found world wide.

	3) Wound management - Learn how to suture correctly, prevent
	   and treat infection all under less-than-desirable 
	   conditions.

	4) Medical supply - Multi use medications, what to get, where
	   to get it and how to use it. Learn how to make your own
	   dressings, IV solutions, and other supplies when none are 
           available.

	...and more, learn how to start an IV and perform minor surgery
           all under primitive conditions.

The cost is $300.00 per student is limited to 20 students and includes
a class text, US Army Special Forces Medical Handbook. A 10% discount is
being offered to EBMR wilderness medicine class alumni.

Send check or money order to:                    

Earthbound Medical Rescue
390 N. 12th st.
San Jose, CA
95112