Subject: Wilderness Medicine Course

From: [email-masked] (Yes, I'm still here...)
Date: 14 Sep 1994 22:01:46 GMT

Any disaster or civil disturbance

                   can transform where you live

                         into a medical

                      W I L D E R N E S S

Earthbound Medical Rescue is the current Wilderness Medicine training
contractor for the Department of the Interior, Geological Survey.

Earthbound is holding their Fall session Wilderness Medicine course
and workshop on October 8 & 9 at Alum Rock Park in San Jose, CA  
from 8:30 to dark.  The cost is $150.00.  A discount is available
for Earthbound alumni and Sierra Club members.

No prerequisite is required, however prior first-aid training is helpful.

A certificate of completion will be given upon completion of the course.
The curriculum is the same that is currently being taught to the field
personnel from the Dept. of the Interior, Geological Survey and is a
specialized combination of lecture, demonstration, hands-on practicals  
and scenarios designed to provide participants with a focussed working 
knowledge and skills in first-aid required to provide care for those injured 
or ill hours or days away from communications with emergency medical services 
or care by a physician.

Registration should be completed by Oct. 3.  Checks should be made 
payable to:

Earthbound Medical Rescue
390 N. 12th st.
San Jose, CA
95112

For further information call 408/275-9542.