Subject: Re: Prepared First Aids Kits? Check out American Red Cross ...

From: [email-masked]
Date: 5 Oct 1994 04:17:33 -0400

Kevin S. Guigley ([email-masked]) wrote:
> After Reading this group for abit, I decided to go back and get my American
> Red Cross Standard First Cert.  Tonight was CPR, but thurs is wounds, but
> the instructor mentioned casually about the American Red Cross First Aid
> Kit.  I checked it out after class and it contains the basics like
> 3 gauze rolls, and serveral different sized pads, antiseptic pads,
> disposable gloves, EMT style scissor, tweezers, tape, trangular bandage,
> and a space blanket.  
>   It all comes with a felt case, and it's only $25.  It's a nice start, and
> you can always add more.  I always like to have dental wax in my kits.
> But, if you are looking to start with a nice size kit, and being IMHO
> an ok price, I think it's ok.  Check it out before, buying something else.
>    
>     later,
>         Kevin
>             
>       I am not in anyway connected with the ARC, just a guy taking a class. 

    instead of paying $25 for a prepared kit.you can buy a good fishing 
tackle box and use it for a medical kit.we in the ambulance core call 
this setup as a crash box. you can store everything you could need in it.

    if you go to your local ambulance,and ask them to see their crash 
box,they would be willing to show you.just tell them you are looking for 
ideas to put in to your first aid kit. then talk to them about a first 
aid class and the advanced first aid class. take them so you will know 
what to do with your new kit.there are a lot of stuff you will learn 
about that you might not need to learn at that time but in the future, 
you never know.you may save a life.

    in my kit i 
have:2x2's,3x3's,4x4's,eyepads,bandaids,betadine(antiseptic),stteral water,
bp cuff and steth,burn sheets,multi-trauma dressings,gauze,triangular 
bandages,surgical kit ( i was a former medic in the army).bite 
sticks,inhaliants, ect...
a list of medical supplies will be forth coming. i have to get it 
together and post it.
-- 
   kevin gaudi
   
   [email-masked]