Subject: Re: Book Review: Ragnar's '83

From: [email-masked] (Matt Edmondson)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 19:33:00 GMT

JS>From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Stump)

JS>I received Ragnar's "Survival Retreat" today; I read it in 4 hours, and I
JS>highlighted it, of course.

Has anybody shelled out the $40 for his new 456p all encompasing monster
"Ragnar's Action Encyclopedia of Practical Knowledge and Techniques"??
I'm a student on a VERY limited income, so $40 is rather costly. Does it
really follow through on the claim of having the best of all his books
in one?

Matt

---
 * OLX 2.2 TD * [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave)
Date: 13 Apr 1995 15:46:25 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Jonathan Stump) wrote:

> I received Ragnar's "Survival Retreat" today; I read it in 4 hours, and I 
> highlighted it, of course.
> 
> Since I am new to this group, and the net, I hope this is not repetitive.
> 
>         I thought the book was great.  It was cheap, and I got what I 
> think, was my monies worth.  I highly recommend this reading.  It is not 
> for some of the (what I will call) "envirosurvivalists".  It was exactly 
> what I wanted: a general reference overview of the WORST possible 
> scenarios.  If you are planning on going outside in the daytime--to 
> gather or hunt or whatever--this book probably wont please you.  I liked 
> it, and if you have any specific questions...ask.
> 
> Again, sorry if this is repetitive.  If it is, what did you all think of 
> this book?

 I think it's a very good book aside from all the silly gung-ho references
he tosses in.

 Dave

-- 
                            David Croyle 
LGPD Disaster Aid Response Team            NRA Life Member
NRA SATF Founding Charter Member           Technician Class ham 
Certified Rescue Technician I              Member SJ Zuoaves Rifles

>As always, I speak only for myself, not my employer or anyone else.<