Subject: Re: Veterinary @ Antibiotics

From: [email-masked] (Frank Reid)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 1994 18:05:00 GMT

In Article <[email-masked]> "[email-masked] (Steve J. Quest)" says:
>....
>SEND ME YOUR REQUEST if you want my research report papers on the
>human use of veterinary "over the counter" pharmaceuticals......sq
 
See also:
 
Benson, Ragnar. _Survivalist's Medicine Chest_  Paladin Press, 1982, 
     ISBN 0-87364-256-2.  4 x 6" softcover, 29 photos, 80pp, $5.95. 
     (Emergency use of veterinary medicines on humans.)
 
Mr. Benson cites references and recommends extensive reading before 
doing any of the things in his book.
A ban on non-prescription sale of oral veterinary antibiotics was 
proposed a few years ago, for the very legitimate reasons that they 
are misused to mask diseased food-animals, and because improper use 
can produce resistant "super bugs."  Besides, human use of these 
substances is embarrassing to the political and medical 
establishments.  A 6.4-oz package of Terramycin(tm) water-soluble 
tetracycline powder (containing 10 grams of active ingredient) costs 
aprox. $5 at the local farm store; one wonders what it might have been 
worth in Afghanistan in the 1980s.
Soluble tetracycline disappeared from southern Indiana farm-stores 
during 1988-89 but reappeard later.  Perhaps economic factors have 
convinced the Secret Masters of Medicine that poor people should be 
allowed to keep themselves out of emergency rooms.  DON'T TELL HILLARY!
 
--
 
Frank     [email-masked]
 
"False doctrine is giving people the wrong medicine."    --MAD