Subject: Re: _Practical Survival Mag_ and/or similar mags
From: [email-masked] (Frank Hamlin)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 03:52:02 GMT

: Greetings:

: 	I came accross a magazine called "Practical Survival" (vol 1, 
: Feb/March 1992) that I really liked.  It is a non-militaristic survival 
: magazine with articles about wild edibles, choosing the right cold weather 
: gear, herbal first aid, wilderness navigation, backcountry cooking, 
: survival fishing, grains, home aquacultural...Man, seems like a GREAT 
: magazine.  Only problem is.. I called the 800 number and the publisher 
: doesn't make it any more.

At my mom's house, I ran into a magazine called

Western Rescue Journal
Califonia's Survival Magazine
April 1993

This issue talks about building fires, how to get water, how much water
you need under different conditions, signs of dehydration, small boat
survival, and using a compass and map.

Their phone number is 800-233-3893
--

Frank Hamlin, Santa Rosa Systems, Hewlett Packard      __@ __@  
1400 Fountaingrove Pkwy, Santa Rosa, Calif           _-\<,-\<, 
[email-masked]                                    (*)/---/(*)