Subject: publications list

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Oct 94 09:06:22 CST

A Sheet to Share  -  make copies and pass along
(Please note copyright and reproduce this version only electronically
and in its entirety)
 
 Preparedness Magazines and Newsletters
 
   American Survival Guide, 774 S. Placentia Ave., Placentia, CA  92670, 
 $21.95/year (12 issues).  Survival magazine covering primarily physical aspects.  
 Includes articles, product reviews, and advertising.  Too much emphasis on 
 weapons for my taste, but valuable nonetheless.
 
   Back Country Survival Services Newsletter, P.O.Box 8074, Camp Lejeune, NC  
 28542,  $30/year (12 issues).  Broader than its name might imply - covers sur-
 vival ideas and techniques for all sorts of situations.
 
   Coping with Turbulent Times, Box 4630T SFA Sta., Nacogdoches, TX 75962.  
 $5/four issues, $1 plus SASE for sample issue.  Covering broad aspects of prepa-
 ration in a way to appeal to non-survivalists. 
 
   Directions, monthly newsletter of Live Free, Box 1743, Harvey, IL  60426.  
 $20/year membership.  Long established survivalist group.  Useful articles on a 
 variety of topics.  Also publishes "Survivalist Papers" - writeups on various 
 aspects of preparation for $1-2 each - send SASE for list.  Several affiliated 
 regional newsletters are published: e.g. Survivor (formerly Post 10 Survivor - 
 essays, reprints, cartoons) $1 for sample  Apt 2E, 11-15 45th Ave., NY 11101; 
 LFNV Report, Box 1550, Vienna, VA  22183; Network News (more politically orient-
 ed than most), P.O.Box 706, Lenoir City, TN  37771;  Natural State Newsletter, 
 P.O. Box 254, Hummoke, AR  72072. 
 
   Interesting Times Newsletter, Box 412, Talent, OR  97540.  $29/year (12 
 issues), $1 for sample.  New - from early issues looks to be very good.  Covers 
 wide variety of preparedness topics from the realistic viewpoint that a sudden 
 total collapse is not the main thing we need to be prepared for.
 
   Notes from the Ark, The Ark c/o III, Box 4630T SFA Sta., Nacogdoches, TX 
 75962.  Not really a newsletter, but a series of sheets introducing aspects of 
 preparation to people who would be leery of the term "survivalist".  Eight 
 different sheets for $1.00 plus a long SASE with .52 postage.
 
   Preparedness Journal, P.O.Box 25454, Salt Lake City, UT  84125. Bi-monthly, 
 $19.95/year, $3.50 single issue.  Tabloid form, advertising. "The Journal of 
 Freedom and Self-reliant Living."  I've only seen one issue - had some good 
 basic information, though it seemed that most of the authors were selling some-
 thing.
 
   Prophecy Newsletter, c/o New American Network, P.O.Box 891285, Houston, TX  
 77289.  Monthly, $35/year, $3 for sample.  A strange title to include among 
 preparedness newsletters, but has a considerable amount of economic analysis and 
 preparedness advice along with its prophecy and offbeat Christian perspective. 
 
   Self-Reliant Living, P.O.Box 910, Merlin, OR 97532, $99/12 issues.  Typeset, 
 40pp, magazine format, with no advertising.  Good for practical physical prepa-
 ration, thorough in its information. 
 
   Survivalist SIG Newsletter, P.O.Box 20188, Cleveland, OH  44120  ($5/4issues)  
 Newsletter of the Mensa Survivalist Special Interest Group.  Reviews, articles, 
 letters.  Well worthwhile.    The Walter Mitty Papers, c/o James M. Dakin, 6735 So. Lewis Ave, Apt 189, 
 Tulsa, OK  74136.  2pp bi-monthly .50/issue, $3/year.  "the newsletter for 
 survivalists specializing in self sufficiency, post apocalypse profiteering, and 
 low cost preparedness."
 
 Version 3.7   Copyright (c) 1994 A.D. by Individual Investors Institute, Box 
 4630 SFA Sta., Nacogdoches, TX 75962.  Permission is granted through 12/30/94 to 
 reproduce this sheet (after that date, send SASE for possible updated sheet).  
 Corrections, comments, and suggestions appreciated.  Similar sheets on "self-
 sufficiency" newsletters are available.  Send SASE to receive a copy.