Subject: Survival Supplies (list) [additions]

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 27 Sep 1994 07:13:14 GMT

(the original article has expired from my site.
 also note, that that amy reference should probably be andy.)
some additions and updates.
I noticed that the majority of the places I called wanted to know
where I had heard about them.
(my notes in [[]].)

>From: [email-masked] (Uncle Wiggley)
Newsgroups: misc.survivalism
Subject: Survival Supplies (list)
Date: 19 Sep 1994 05:07:55 GMT

Here, thanks to Amy Fingerhut (where ever you are) is a list of suppliers 
for survivalist goodies.  I think you are paying too much for MREs (Meals 
Refused by Ethiopians).  This is from my archives and is about 2 years 
old, but hey, it looks like a better list than anything posted here so 
far.  I think you'll like it.  Enjoy!    - Wig <[email-masked]>

=============================================================================
       "It's them that dies are the lucky ones" - Pirate Proverbs
=============================================================================

Martens Health & Survival Products, Inc.
P.O. Box 725
2205-A Faraday
Carlsbad, CA 92008
800-824-7861

[above information last validated in May 1992]

Food for long term storage.

<end>

Ponderosa Products
1000 Ponderosa Way
Woodland Park, CO 80863
719-687-6195   (try on weekdays, around noon-2 PM)

[[they've moved:
  PO Box 1016
  Eagle, ID 83616
  208-939-1513

  they also (probably primarily) sell firearms and related stuff.
  they want $1.00 for a catalogue and payment must be mailed.]]

[review by Steve Smith, 1 Jul 1991, from Survivalism message board on
Ken's Survivalist BBS]

The best MRE prices I have found are at Ponderosa Products. Prices: $35
for a case of 12, or $135 for a case of 50.  I got 2 cases, and so far,
they have been superb.

<end>

Pack-Away Food Co.
P.O. Box 206
Herber City, UT 84032
801-654-4430

<end>

Stow-A-Way Indus.
116 Cushing Highway (Rt. 3-A)
Cohasset, MA 02025

<end>

Ready Reserve Foods
P.O. Box 697
Beaumont, CA 92223
714-845-6464

[I tried calling this number on 9 Jun 1992.  It is no longer in
service, even though information still has Ready Reserve Foods
listed at that number. Andy Fingerhut]

[review by Ken Seger, 30 Aug 1990, from Survivalism message board on
Ken's Survivalist BBS]

They have a wide variety of can packed goods plus a unique survival food
that stores well in under hot conditions (ideal for car trunks where
many storage foods like MREs would rot within a month or two).

<end>

Spartan Supply
P.O. Box 310
Hixson, TN 37343
800-251-3904

[[primarily sells firearms, firearms- and shooting-related stuff.]]

[message by Ken Seger, 10 May 1988, from Survivalism message board on
Ken's Survivalist BBS]

If those are real Mag-Lites, that is a good price.  One of the best
prices I have ever seen on the AA Mag-Lites was from Spartan Supply,
catalog $3 and worth it.  You had to buy 6, but they were the AA
Mag-lite with lanyard, 2-AA cells, pocket clip, + lense cover with
clear, yellow and red lenses.  The 3 lenses fit into the lense cover
(which is hexagonal to prevent rolling) and is a friction fit so you can
change from clear to red in a second.

<end>

Indiana Camp Supply
P.O. Box 344
405 Osborne
Pittsboro, IN 46167

possibly a more recent address is:

Indiana Camp Supply Inc.
P.O. Box 211, 111 Center St.
Hobart, IN  46342
219-947-2525

[The above number was not in service on 9 Jun 1992, and information does
not have a listing for "Indiana Camp Supply" in Hobart, IN. Andy
Fingerhut]

[review by Ken Seger, 26 Apr 1988, from Survivalism message board on
Ken's Survivalist BBS]

The LIVE FREE meeting that I was at this last weekend was on medical
skills.  Much of the meeting was lectures by Dr. William Forgey who has
written several books for survivalists, outdoorsmen, long distance
canoers, etc.  His company, Indiana Camp Supply, stocks many books and
medical as well as other supplies.  The main point he made was that the
type of treatment that you give immediately depends on the time and type
of higher level medical care later.  You would treat a situation
differently if you were A. just stopping the bleeding/splinting/etc. to
take the person to a fully equipped hospital a few minutes or hours
away, B. doing the same thing but then taking several days or weeks to
get back to medical facilities, or C. doing the best you can since
additional medical care won't be available for months, years, or ever.
This has great variation particularly in something like wound closure
where different levels of sophistication are so varied.

<end>

Ace Communications
10707 E. 106th St.
Indianapolis, IN  46256
317-842-7115

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Atlanta Cutlery
2143 Gees Mill Rd., Box 839
Conyers, GA  30207
800-241-3595

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Atlanta Discount Ammo
P.O. Box 258
Clarkesville, GA  30523
404-754-9000

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

B&K Outdoor Supply
Rt. 1, Box 220
Vandalia, MO  63382
314-594-6191

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Barnett Crossbows
P.O. Box 934
Odessa, FL  33556
813-920-2241

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Bear Archery
4600 S.W. 41st Blvd.
Gainesville, FL  32608-4999
904-376-2327

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Cabela's
812 - 13th Ave
Sidney, NE  69160
800-237-8888

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Campmor
810 Route 17 North, P. O. Box 997-N
Paramus, NJ 07653-0997
800-525-4784

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

China Diesel Imports
15749 Lyons Valley Rd.
Jamul, CA  91935
619-669-1995

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

C. Crane Co.
147 Watson Lane
Fortuna, CA  95540
707-725-5940

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Crown Specialty Co.
P.O. Box 17
Atmore, AL  36504-0017
205-368-8652

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Cumberland General Store
Rt. 3
Crossville, TN  38555
615-484-8481

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Direct Safety Co.
7815 South 46th St., P. O. Box 50050
Phoenix, AZ  85076-0050
800-528-7405

an older address is:

P. O. Box 8018
Phoenix, AZ 85066

Catalog equipment sales.
Offers radiation detection equipment.  See Execunet database file 109.

<end>

Don Gleason's Campers Supply Inc
9 Pearl St., P. O. Box 87
Northampton, MA  01061
413-584-4895

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Dosimeter Corp.
11286 Grooms Road
Cincinnati, OH  45242
513-489-8100

an older address is:

Box 42377
Cincinnati, OH 45242    (Meters, dosimeters, dosimeter chargers)

Catalog equipment sales.
Meters, dosimeters, dosimeter chargers.
Offers radiation detection equipment.  See Execunet database file 109.

<end>

Dunn's Supply Store
HWY 57E, PO Box 449
Grand Junction, TN  38039
800-223-8667

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

DutchGuard
P.O. Box 411687
Kansas City, MO  64141
800-821-5157

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Emergency Essentials Inc.
352 North State St.
Orem, UT  84057
800-999-1863

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Emergency Systems
1716 W. Main, Suite 8A
Bozeman, MT  59715
406-587-5571

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Galati International
Box 326
Catawissa, MO  63015
314-257-4837

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Gander Mountain
P.O. Box 248, Hwy W
Wilmot, WI  53192-0248
800-558-9410

[[heavily or primarily shooting- and hunting-related items.]]

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Goldbergs' Marine
201 Meadow Rd., P.O. Box 3040
Edison, NJ  08818-3040
201-819-4797

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Gohn Bros.
Box 111
Middlebury, IN  46540-0111
219-825-2400

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Greene Military Distributors
7215 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN  37919-5617
615-588-5945

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Guardian Personal Security Products
8350 North 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ  85020
800-527-4434

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

ICOM America
116th Ave., N.E.
Bellevue, WA  98004
206-454-8155

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Integral Energy Systems
109 Argall Way
Nevada City, CA  95959
800-735-6790

<end>

Jade Mountain
P.O. Box 4616
Boulder, CO  80306-4616
303-449-6601

<end>

Ken Nolan Inc
16901 Milliken, P. O. Box C-19555
Irving, CA  92713-9555
714-863-1532

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Ketadyn USA
3020 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ  85251
602-990-3131

[[called requesting a catalog and they're supposedly sending it.]]

Catalog equipment sales

* I called and ordered a free catalog on 9 Jun 1992.

<end>

L. L. Baston Co.
P.O. Box 1995
El Dorado, AR  71730
800-643-1564

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Lehman Hardware and Appliances Inc
4779 Kidron Rd, P.O. Box 41
Kidron, OH  44636
216-857-5441

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Major Surplus and Survival
435 W. Alondra
Gardena, CA  90248
800-441-8855

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Martin Archery
Rt. 5, Box 127
Walla Walla, WA  99362
509-529-2554

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
13243 E. Rosecrans Ave
Santa Fe Springs, CA  90670-4940
310-802-0099
800-866-4876
FAX: 310-802-2635

[above information last validated in June 1992]

[review by Andy Fingerhut, 2 Jun 1992]

Their catalog costs $3.00, which can be charged to a major credit card
if you order over the phone.  They sent me a coupon for $5 off my first
order.  Their catalog includes water filters, purifiers, packs, and
barrels, MRE's, emergency batteries (20 year shelf life, you activate
them when needed), first aid kits, 72 hour emergency packs, freeze dried
foods, grain mills, books, capsicum self-defense spray, and several
other miscellaneous items.

<end>

Phoenix Systems Inc
P.O. Box 3339
Evergreen, CO  80439
303-674-2653

Catalog equipment sales
Pyrotechnics, smoke bombs

<end>

Photocomm, Inc.
7681 East Gray Rd
Scottsdale, AZ  85260
800-223-9580

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Quality Parts Co.
999 Roosevelt Trail, Bldg. 3
Windham, Me 04062
207-892-2005

[[also an 800 order number: 800-998-7928
  sells firearms and parts
  (primarily ar-15 related;
   has/had military contract for shorty select-fire version of their ar-15s)]]

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Quartermaster
P.O. Box 829
Long Beach, CA  90801-0829
800-933-3135

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Quartermaster Sales
7201 Avenida LA Costa NE.
Albuquerque, NM 87109
505-821-4946

<end>

Real Goods Trading Corp
966 Mazzoni St.
Ukiah, CA  95482
707-468-9214

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Recreational Equipment Inc (REI) 
P.O. Box 88125
Seattle, WA  98138-2125
800-426-4840

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Riverbend Catalog Company
P.O. Box 22982
Chattanooga, TN  37422-2982
800-343-6189

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Ruvel & Co., Inc.
4128-30 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL  60641
312-286-9494

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Scanner World
10 New Scotland Ave.
Albany, NY  12208
518-436-9606

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Sears Farm & Ranch Catalog
Sears, Roebuck and Co.

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Sears Marine Accessories Catalog
Sears, Roebuck and Co.

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Sherwood Communications Associates Ltd
Box 535
Southhampton, PA  18966
215-357-9065

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Sherwood International Export Corp
18714 Parthenia St.
Northridge, CA  91324
(818) 349-7681

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

SHOMER-TEC
P.O. Box 2039
Bellingham, WA  98227
206-733-6214

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Shotgun News
Snell Publishing Co., P.O. Box 669
Hastings, NE  68902
402-463-4589

[[has an 800 order number: 800-345-6923
  it's basically a place for, usually, firearms-related mail order places to
  advertise.
  and, of course, you have to be a federally-licensed dealer to buy
  firearms through the mail.]]

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Sierra Supply
P.O. Box 1390
Durango, CO 81301
303-259-1822

[[called requesting a catalogue and they're supposedly sending it.]]

[Information above last validated in June 1992]

[review by Ken Seger, 12 Aug 1988, from Survivalism message board on
Ken's Survivalist BBS]

One of the better sources of certain items is SIERRA SUPPLY - CATALOG
$1.00.  Their catalog is a 12 page list of items with a few pictures.
Their prices on MRE's and Israeli gas masks are legendary.  Excellent
sources for parts and accessories for the popular weapons, lots of
military manuals, and lots of small needed items at good prices.  They
have the best prices I've found on Cyalume sticks, signal mirrors,
compasses and other like items.  Service is prompt. They run ads in
American Survival Guide frequently.  They do not have a huge variety, or
a fancy catalog.  They concentrate on specific areas and do a good job
in those areas.

[review by Andy Fingerhut, 9 Jun 1992]

I ordered a free catalog from them.  It is 16 pages long and the first
page has the following phrase printed eneath their logo: "Those who beat
their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not."  They do
not sell firearms, but if you have a military firearm, this looks like
the place to go for everything you need to keep that firearm in good
condition.  Their catalog contains the following categories of items:

Firearms accessories, maintenance equipment, and manuals:

M-1 Garand Accessories, .30 Caliber Maintenance Equipment, M-14/M1A
Accessories 7.62 NATO, .45 Automatic Colt Pistol, .30 Carbine M-1
Accesories, M-16/AR 15 Accessories, .22/.223 Maintenance Equipment, Mini
14 Accessories, Stainless Steel Bore Brushes, Cotton Bore Swabs, Bronze
Bore Brushes, Shotgun Brushes, Shotgun Bore Swabs, Cotton Cleaning
Patches, Ear Plugs, Industrial Surplus, Wholesale Sales, Military Weapon
Slings, Sierra Supply Super Savers, Military Stripper Clips, G.I. Cotton
Bandolier, G.I. Cardboard Inserts

Manuals:

Sniping; Explosives, Demolitions, & Ordinance; First Aid; Geographic
Operations; Cold Weather Operations; Camouflage; Combat Operation
Series; Fortifications; Combat Tiles - Miscellaneous; Nuclear,
Biological, & Chemical Warfare; Survival & Land Navigation; Clothing &
Gear; Grenade; Misc. Military Science Subjects; Misc. Military Weapons;
M-14/M1A, .308 - 7.62 NATO Manuals; M-16/AR-15 5.56 Manuals; M-60
Machine Gun Manuals; .50 Caliber Machine Gun HB M-2 Manuals &
Maintenance Brushes; New Issue Service Weapons Manuals; Night Division
Device Manuals

Other items:

Boonie Hats, Graphic Training Aids, Graphic Training Aid Flash Cards,
Inert Grenades, First Aid Gear & Manuals, Military Field Jackets,
Camouflage Field Bandanas, Web Gear, LC-2 Pack Frames, Packs & Pack
Components, Miscellaneous Individual Equipment, Military Weapon
Lubricants & Solvents, Survival Gear, Sierra Supply Repeat Best Sellers,
Kevlar Helmets, Covers & Components, MRE's

<end>

Staff of Life
5180 South 300 West, Unit Q
Murray, Utah 84107
801-265-2652

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

STANO Components
P.O. Box 2048
Carson City, NV  89702
702-246-5283

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Steve Arnold's Gunroom
P.O. Box 68
Dexter, OR  97431
503-726-6360

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

The Survival Center
P.O. Box 234
McKenna, WA  98558
800-321-2900

[[called requesting a catalogue and they're supposedly sending it]]

[above information last validated in June 1992]

[information from Andy Fingerhut, 9 Jun 1992]

They offer a large variety of freeze dried food and MRE's. They also
sell books (they have a 16 page list of titles!), video tapes, emergency
packs, shelter plans, shelters, grain, grain mills, camping equipment,
and a few other miscellaneous items.

<end>

Survival Supply Co.
P.O. Box 1745
Shingle Springs, CA  95682
916-621-3836

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

The Gun Parts Corp

West Hurley, NY  12491
914-679-2417

[[as the name implies, they sell parts for guns.
  didn't notice the street address is missing and so didn't look it up]]

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

The Sportsman's Guide
965 Decatur Ave N
Golden Valley, MN  55247-4398
800-888-5222

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

The Sun Electric Co.
100 Skeels St., P.O. Box 1499-C
Hamilton, MT  59840-1499
406-363-6924

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

U. S. Calvery
2855 Centennial Ave.
Radcliff, KY  40160-9000
502-351-1164

[[among other things, night-vision equipment.]]

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Ventech Inc
728 Main St.
Louisville, CO  80027
303-442-0474

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Colgan Institute
565 Pearl St. Suite 301
La Jolla, CA 92037
619-454-1696

[comment by ? in Execunet database file 009]

One of the few places that has vitamin/mineral supplements designed for
long-term storage.

<end>

Brigade Quartermaster
266 Roswell
St. Marietta, GA 30060

or, a more recently obtained address is:

1025 Cobb International Blvd
Kennesaw, GA  30144-4300
404-428-1248

Catalog equipment sales

<end>

Fraass Surv. Systems
3830 Boston Rd.
Bronx, NY 10475

Clothing.

<end>

Grovers
330 W. University Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85281
800-528-1406

Called on 18 May 1992.  Response was "your call cannot be completed as
dialed.  Please check the number and dial again."  Called information at
1-800-555-1212 to ask for Grovers.  There was no listing under that
name.  Andy Fingerhut.

First Aid

<end>

Kaufman's West
1660 Eubank NE.
Albuquerque, NM 87112
800-545-0933

[phone number last validated on 15 May 1992]

They have a free catalog.

<end>

Lifeknife Inc.
P.O. Box 771
Santa Monica, CA 90406

<end>

Nordac Manufacturing
Route 12, Box 124
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
703-752-2552

<end>

M & M Enterprises
P.O. Box 64
Island Lake, IL 60042

Crossbows, knives, gun parts, etc.

<end>

SOF Exchange   (SOF = Solder Of Fortune, I think)
P.O. Box 687
Boulder, CO 80306
303-449-3750

Clothes, optics

<end>

Surv. Clearinghouse
P.O. Box 870
St. Johns, AZ 85936
602-337-4804

Clothes, optics

<end>

Survival Inc.
2322 Artesia Blvd.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
310-318-2575

On May 18, 1992, I reached another company at that number, so it is out
of date.  Information in area code 310 turned up nothing under the name
Survival Inc. in Redondo Beach, CA.  Andy Fingerhut.

<end>

Preparedness Products
1880 South Redwood Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
801-972-9464

[[got a message that the number had been disconnected and
  there was no further info available.]]

[above information last validated in May 1992]

Suppliers of food that is prepared for storage, either by special
packing, freeze drying, or dehydration, in bulk.  They also sell several
survivalist books and videos, and miscellaneous supplies.

Out of date order form in Execunet database file 079.

[review by Ken Seger, 13 Aug 1988, from Survivalism message board on
Ken's Survivalist BBS]

If you've read Kearny's NWSS 1987 you know that this supplier is the
lowest place in the country to purchase canned dried milk.  In addition
to the great buy on milk they have a series of survival kits starting at
$35 for a minor one person kit to $290 for a 4 person 3 day kit.  The
kits are well thought out and incorporate some excellent items.  They
sell individual items from the kits at good prices as well.  An
EXCELLENT item that I have not seen elsewhere is their water &
sanitation kits.  This kit has a metalized plastic bag with built-in tap
that can be used with stackable cardboard boxes for water storage (the
bags are NOT gaseous permeable so the water can't be contaminated by
fumes and odors) which can be used for either water storage/transport or
expedient toilet.  This is $30 for 5 - 5 gallon units + 100 gallon
capacity disinfectant.  They also sell an EXCELLENT video on
preparedness that was chosen by The American Civil Defense Association
and is $32.  They also have a newsletter.

[review by Ken Seger, 30 Aug 1990, from Survivalism message board on
Ken's Survivalist BBS]

These people have great prices on a variety of items and have always
treated me wonderfully.  It is run by John & Judy Wadsworth, the people
that put out the video Practical Preparedness that is sold via them or
TACDA.

Mentioned in Execunet database files 009 and 097.

<end>

SI Outdoor, Food & Equipment

This company has been taken over by another named "Out N Back".
See their listing.

<end>

Out N Back (ONB)     (used to be known as SI Outdoor)
1797 S. State St.
Orem, UT 84058
800-533-7415

[[called requesting a catalogue and they're supposedly sending it.]]

[above information last validated in June 1992]

To get catalog, send $1.00 (check payable to Out N Back) and a note
requesting a catalog (with your address on it) to address above.

[review by Andy Fingerhut in May 1992]

Out N Back's April-June 1992 newsletter contained the following
categories of items, usually with several types of each:  tents,
sleeping bags, cyalume light sticks, utensils, water purifiers and
filters, military backpacks and clothing, ammo cans, baja shirts, garden
seeds, MRE's, other long term storage foods, hand crank rechargable
radios, grain mills, blankets, first aid kits, generators, knives,
electric stunners, and pepper spray (for self defense).

[review by Ken Seger, 14 Aug 1988, from Survivalism message board on
Ken's Survivalist BBS]

A reasonable source for a wide variety of items.  SI is probably the
largest survival mail order supplier around.  They have the widest
selection of products of any single supplier.  Their catalogs are
monthly 32 page two color magazines that only cover a portion of their
product lines.  Most items have a paragraph extolling the virtues of
the item.  If you want to do One-stop-shopping, SI is for you (if you
collect a few months of catalogs).  Please note however that most
items can be purchased elsewhere for slightly lower prices IF you
don't mind spending many hours looking through dozens of other
catalogs.  Buying many items from one location with slightly higher
prices will sometimes be cheaper than multiple purchases from multiple
places due to shipping charges savings.  Their prices on books is as
good as anyplace and better than most if you order several books to
get their book discount.  I would not purchase any radiation or
shelter equipment from them.  Their meters tend to be odd-ball
reconditioned stuff.  You can purchase an Alcor or Guillory that is
brand new and EMP hardened for less.  Occasionally some of their rarer
items are out and out rip offs.  Example, the hand cranked 300CFM air
blower they were selling for something like $185(!?).  Now that is
better than buying the same thing from GJBC for $245, but is a quite a
spread from the $19 you could get it from Master Mechanic as noted in
the FIGHTING CHANCE newsletter (July 87) or DIRECTIONS (Live Free's
newsletter) (Dec. 87).  Service is good, they have a 800-533-7415
credit card call-in line.  PS.  Everything is always on "sale" and
it's you "last chance to buy it at this price".  Example #2, their
price for the Israeli Gas mask is over twice the price for same thing
>from  Sierra Supply.  However, they do have good prices on many items
and I have bought from them myself.

<end>

Steve's Surplus & Medical Supply
(S. J. Pedergnana, Jr.)
P.O. Box 1062
Oak Park, IL 60304

[results of attempted contact in May 1992 by Andy Fingerhut]

Area code for Oak Park, IL is 708 Information at 708-555-1212 does not
have a phone number for the name in the address above.  Called
information again and asked for Steve Pedergnana.  There was a Mary
Pedergnana, but the number was unpublished.

[review by ?]

A very interesting source for survival supplies. The thing that make
Pedergnana's different is that he CLEARLY differentiates between what is
military surplus and what is commercial (made in Taiwan, Bangledesh,
etc).  Many items that LOOK like military are cheapo imitations that are
WAY lower in quality.  Steve's catalog is 6 sheets folded (24 page) one
color with brief descriptions of the item.  18 pages are real surplus
and 3 pages are clearly labeled commercial products.  If you send extra
money, Steve will call you and answer any question you have on any
aspect of the materials and refund any money not used.  He can get just
about anything you need so if it is not in the catalog, have him call
you and he can advise you whether he can get it and at what price.  4
pages clothing, 2 pages survival gear, 3 pages back packs and field
gear, 4 pages of medical stuff, and the rest various.  His catalog is
$1.00.  His prices on the items he has is about as low as you will find
ANYWHERE and he charges only shipping costs unlike some places that have
a fixed cost of shipping PER ITEM no matter how much you buy!  A very
useful place that is not advertised much.

<end>

Micro Information Concepts
Dallas, TX

[review by Randy Barnhart, 28 Feb 1987, from Ken's Survivalist BBS]

I'm sure somebody has already mentioned this, but for safety in
duplication, I'll mention it again.  There's nothing like microfiche
for survival books you might want to bring with you when it all comes
down.  There's a company is Dallas TX called Micro Information
Concepts that specializes in microbooks for the survival-minded, and
they have a beauty little reader that uses sunlight as the light
source.  Carry a whole library in your pocket!

<end>

Zesto Therm
10274 Alliance
Cinncinati, OH 45242
(513)984-6611

Self-heating food/package available.

<end>

Guillory & Associates
P.O. Box 591184
Houston, TX 77259-1184    (Plessey PDRM 82 meter)

Offers radiation detection equipment.

<end>

Cross Seed Company
RR #1
Bunker Hill, KS 67626

Sells seeds.

<end>

M & M Enterprises
Box 64
Island Lake, IL 69942

Sells seeds.

<end>

Seeds of Survival
228 W. North St.
Whitewater, WI 53190

Sells seeds.

<end>

Vegetable Seed
Box 192
Madison, GA 30650.

Sells seeds.

<end>

Kootenai Radio & Energy Systems (KRES)
Box 215-Ds
Kootenai, ID 83840

The company publishes a newsletter on survival, communications, and
energy independence called THE LIGHT SPECTRUM.

See also the periodical "The Light Spectrum".

[results of attempted contact by Andy Fingerhut in June 1992]

Area code of Kootenai, ID is 208.  Information at area code 208 doesn't
have any information on that name.  Operator pronounced it KOOT-en-EE,
with most stress on first syllable, and secondary stress on last
syllable.

[review by Ken Seger, 26 Sep 1988, from Survivalism message board on
Ken's Survivalist BBS]

An excellent source for products, information, helpful advise and good
prices on radio equipment and solar products is KOOTENAI RADIO & ENERGY
SYSTEMS.  He also offers a newsletter THE LIGHT SPECTRUM that is filled
with good info on those two subjects which is $18.00 per year.  If you
are a LIVE FREE member you get 10% off of the price of the newsletter
and 5% off on some radio and solar items.  I have purchased equipment
>from  him and been most satisfied.  When I ordered from him I was unaware
of his LIVE FREE members discount (DRAT!) so he had no way of knowing
that I was anything other than just a average patron.

This is a one-man operation and located in the middle of NOWHERE.  It
takes 5 days for letters to get from here to there!  He ships via UPS
which means that if he can not direct ship from the manufacture (which I
like) it might take over a week to get items that he stocks and almost 3
weeks for items that he orders and re-ships.  Orders take priority, so
be patient on letters of inquiry.

<end>

American Body Armor
135 N. New York Ave.
Halesite, NY 11743

Sells body armor/ballistic vests.

<end>

Point Blank Body Armor
784 Merrick Rd.
Baldwin, NY 11510

Sells body armor/ballistic vests.

<end>

Silent Partner
230 Lafayette St.
Gretna, LA 70053

Sells body armor/ballistic vests.

<end>

Second Chance
P.O. Box 578
Central Lake, MI 49622.

Sells body armor/ballistic vests.

<end>

Adirondack Alpine Adventure
Dept. 101, P.O. Box 17?
Keene, NY 1294?
518-576-988?

Rappelling equipment.

<end>

American Alpine Institute Ltd.
1212 24th  M-8?
Bellingham, WA 9822?
206-671-150?

Rappelling equipment.

<end>

High Angle Adventure
5 River Rd.
New Paltz, NY 1256?
914-658-981?

Rappelling equipment.

<end>

Vertical Adven:Mountaineerin
511 S. Catalina, Suite ?
Redondo Beach, CA 9027?
213-540-651?

Rappelling equipment.

<end>

Yosemite Mountaineering & Guide Service
Yosemite Park & Curry Co.
Yosemite National Park, CA 9538?
209-372-124?

Rappelling equipment.

<end>

Retsel Corporation
Box 47
McCammon, ID 83250
208-254-3737

Grain mills.

<end>

Key Grains
P.O. Box 116
4th & Pomeroy
Clay Center, KS
800-255-2865

Grains and mills.

<end>

Ross Packing
2300 "E" Ave.
West Ogden, UT 84401
801-392-3515

<end>

Walton Wheat
135 North 10th, Box 307
Montpelier, ID 83254
800-847-0465

<end>

Emergency Locator Prod. Corp.
1565 D Fifth Industrial Ct.
Bayshore, NY 1170
516-666-5049

<end>

Abundant Life Seed Foundation
P.O. Box 772
Port Townsend, WA 98368
206-385-5660

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Bountiful Gardens
19550 Walker Rd
Willits, CA 95490

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Native Seeds/SEARCH
2509 N. Campbell Ave. #325
Tucson, AZ 85719
602-327-9123

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Nichols Garden Nursery
1190 North Pacific Highway
Albany, OR  97321-4598
503-928-9280

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Orol Ledden & Sons
Center & Atlantic Ave. PO Box 7
Sewell, NJ  08080
609-468-1000

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Prairie State Commodities
Box 6
Trilla, IL  62469
217-235-4322

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Raintree Nursery
391 Butts Road
Morton, WA 98356
206-496-6400

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Rohrer's Farm and Garden Seed
P.O. Box 250
Smoketown, PA 17576
717-299-2571

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Seeds Blum
Idaho City Stage
Boise, Idaho 83706
208-342-0858

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
P.O. Box 158
North Garden, VA 22959
804-973-4703

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Territorial Seed Company
20 Palmer Ave., PO Box 157
Cottage Grove, OR 97424
503-942-9547

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

Wildlife Nurseries, Inc.
P.O. Box 2724
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2724
414-231-3780

Seed and orchard catalogs

<end>

---

From: [email-masked] (Cliff Harrison)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 12:26:29 GMT

Here is more current data on your first listing -

Ponderosa Products	Phone Orders		Warehouse Pickup
2467 Ballantyne Lane	7:00 - 11:00 AM 	4:00 - 8:00 PM 	  Mon - Thu
Eagle, ID  83616	4:00 -  8:00 PM		9:00AM - 5:00 PM  Sat
208 /939-1513		ask for "CAREY"	        
                                     	    
Phone mail 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

They advertise  locally in several  sections of the yellow pages.  Their ads are
also in NRA, Shotgun News, Gun List, American  Survival  Guide, SWAT, Soldier of
Fortune and several local papers.

A Dunn & Bradstreet  rating on Ponderosa Products came back  excellent  with no
credit problems or customer complaints.  Their D&B # is 16-083-2044.

They sell primarily  mail order.  With an  appointment,  you can buy direct from
them at their warehouse location in Eagle, ID.  (10 miles NW of Boise)

They will send you a 20 page  catalog  of fine text for $1.  They take visa over
the  phone for the  standard  3%.  Here is a short  list of stuff in their  last
catalog -

FOOD:           BFM (Balanced Food Mix), BSM (Bean Soup Mix), MRE's (Meals Ready
		to Eat), MRE  entrees  (main meal  meats and side  dishes),  MRE
		bread, MRE heaters,  Mountain  House  freeze dried  foods, Tray
		Rations (6# tins of precooked food). Brownies, oatmeal cookie
		bars, pound cakes.

CAMPING         Tents, tarps, cots,  sleeping bags, bag liners, bag covers, wool
		blankets,  mess kits, camp  showers, chem lites, tent stoves, M2
		gasoline heaters, water coolers, lanterns, canned fuel.

MILITARY        Kevlar helmets, kevlar vests, gas masks,  chemical  suits, alice
		packs, fanny packs,  extreme cold  parkas,  camo pants,  shirts,
		jackets,  camo  goretex  jackets  & pants,  bunny  boots,  artic
		mukluks,  mittens,  camo  ponchos,  camo  poncho  liners,  nomex
		gloves, wool scarfs, wool  sweaters, wool watch hats,  t-shirts,
		flashlights,  web belts, lbe  suspenders,  1 qt  canteens,  2 qt
		canteens, mess kits, duffle bags, rubberized stuff bags, laundry
		bags,  military  E-tool,  camo nets,  rapelling  rope, 550 cord,
		bungee cords, goggles, pup tents, coveralls, Benchmade's auto
		knife, many other knives and tools.

GUN RELATED     Breakfree (CLP Cleaner, Lubricant & Preservative,  field covers
		for scoped  rifles, M60 slings, M16 slings, M16  cleaning  kits,
		M16 mag pouches,  Ar15/M16 mags, Mini 14 mags, Mini 30 mags, .45
		mags, SKS mags,  AK-47  mags, H&K 91 mags, M14 mags, ammo cans,  
		storage	cans, .45 mag pouches, regulation man sized rifle targets,
		assault cases, Mini 14/30 folding stocks, bipods, etc, etc.

SURVIVAL        5 in 1 survival  aid, survival  manuals,  airforce  fishing kit,
		several  survival  kits,  magnesium,   mirrors,  candles,  smoke
		grenades,  survival  blankets,  survival  sleeping bags, 72 hour
		survival kits, snake bite kits, body warmers,  sewing kits, fire
		starter, water purification, compasses, GI can openers, hatchet,
		cable saw, strapes, signal tarps, night sticks.  (There is a 
		good starting survival check list in their catalog)

FIRST AID       Patient covers, first aid kits, cooling packs, sun block, insect
		dope,  thermometers,  bandages,  dressings,  sponges, gauze, ace
		bandage, chapstick, sutures, iodine, snake bite kits & pumps.
		
GUNS		AK-47's, AR-15's, Astra, Bersa, Bretta, Browning, Colt, CZ, Firestar, 
		Glocks, Llama, M14, Marlin, Mossberg, Norinco, Rossi, Ruger, SKS,
		Taurus, Tokarov, Winchester, SAR-8's, NHM-91's, S&W,  - 100's in
		stock etc, etc.
		
AMMUNITION	Rifle: .223, .22-250, .243, .25-06, .270, 7MM, 7.62x39, .30-30, 
		.308,.30-06, .300 Win Mag, .338 Win Mag,   Handgun:  .25, .32, 
		.380, 9 mm, .38, .357 Mag, .40 S&W, 10 mm, .41, .44, .45.  
		Also Federal Hydro Shock in many calibers. Shotgun slugs & buck.

MISC 		AR-15 rifle dust covers, Breakfree (CLP), ammo cans, 72 hour 		
		survival kits, automatic knives, bayonets, Pepper tear gas, first
		aid kits, Bear Spray, personal door knob & purse alarms.

LLAMAS		Llamas for packing, Llama packs, halters, lead ropes, feed.