Subject: Re: Super Leatherman to buy or not?

From: Reid.G@[email-masked] (Greg L. Reid)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 22:25:52 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Richard A.
De Castro) wrote:

> [email-masked] (MICHAEL SHAFER) writes:
> 
> >I just lost my Swiss Champ and am debating whether to but another one 
> >or to purchase the new Super Leatherman.  I have read all the threads 
> >comparing the SOG, Gerber, and Leatherman and have come to the 
> >conclusion that neither is perfect and each has a different advantage 
> >over the other two(its too bad someone doesnt take all the good from 
> >each unit and make one perfect unit) until the ideal unit is made, the
> >Super Leatherman looks to have an edge(no pun intended) over the 
> >others.  Has anyone purchased one yet?  If so has the metal grade and 
> >thickness improved?  Is the new locking mechanism a vast improvement? 
> >I loved my Swiss Champ and used it extensively while camping and 
> >fishing should I go back?  I would like to carry both but then I would
> >have to wear suspenders just to keep my pants up...
> >Thanks in Advance..
> >Michael
> 
> >"Dr. DeWalt for President"
> > 
> 
> To quote the rec.guns moderator, "buy them all!"
> 
> 
> -- 
> ============================================================================
> [email-masked]      Warning:  I am a trained professional.  No, Really!
> Rick N6RCX EMT-A ATP MA  Do Not try this yourself - it could get ugly......
> Richard A. De Castro -   As long as the Government pretends to protect me,
> 			 I'll pretend to feel safe - NOT!
>      -Don't Tread On Me!-
> ============================================================================

-- 

Buy the SOG Paratool & get another Swiss Champ. I feel the Paratool is
better than the Super Leatherman. 

P.S. I have all three.

RotnApple