Subject: soap molds, mixer & newsletter

From: [email-masked] (EWhiteVHP)
Date: 13 May 1995 14:04:08 -0400

Here's the scoop on some new soap molds available. Seems the designs are
copied from Pourette's (exact size, shape, etc). The difference is that
this company sells only one type mold and the mold contains six designs:
hexagon, oval, round, rectangular, heart and square. The plastic is thick,
white and seems very substancial. The man selling these molds says he's
used them in the freezer and he has used them for about 4 months with no
damage. He has lower prices than the following, but said if anyone wanted
to see the molds to send $7 for 2. This includes shipping, etc. He doesn't
accept credit cards at this time, so the telephone number is just if you
have a question.
  Soapmaking Kits
  P O Bx 6751
  Lee's Summit MO 64064
  Telephone 816-525-0664

Also received samples of the world's first soap newsletter, "Soapmaking
Today". I think the editor, Robert Jones, did a pretty good job. He
announced "The First Great Soap Swap." Seems readers send 16 pieces of
soap (at least 1 ounce each) to him along with the recipe and $3. He
coordinates the packages and sends each person 16 different types of soap
with recipes. Sounds like a NRR huh? He said he'd publish the best recipes
in future newsletters. 

The newsletter also described and pictured a soap mixer called "The White
Tornado" It holds 4 gallons of soap, stirs it and costs $449.95! (which
includes shipping and handling, thank goodness). He says "The Soap
Blender" makes soap with better texture than hand-stirred soap.

The newsletter also contains tips and ideas for home-based businesses. For
a sample, send $5 and request a sample copy of "Soapmaking Today" from:
   Robert Jones
  110 SE Greystone
  Lee's Summit MO 64063

This is the same man who said he's working on a "soap slicer" and would
let us know when it's ready.

Oh, one more interesting tidbit from the newsletter. He says "You do not
have to label your soap products with ingredients" thanks to lobbiests
with the CTFA (Cosmetics, Toiletry and Fragrance Association). He said you
"do" have to list ingredients if you claim your product to be a "dandruff
shampoo" or a "skin softener" etc. 

I'm just passing info along and don't know if this guy "knows his stuff"
or not.
Elaine