Subject: Re: community gardens (was: Getting Together)

From: [email-masked] (Clint Kraft)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 20:36:22 -0800

Donald wrote:

>        Some do survive but some don't and pass on to other things.  One of
>my favorite garden catalogs started as a community garden in San Jose CA.
>The garden was taken away and converted into a parking lot.  The founders
>bought land in Willits and started some research gardens and a mail order
>catalog.  They are know as Bountiful Gardens.  There is also a garden shop
>in Palo Alto that I have not seen.  They are located about a half mile from
>my mother place and I hope to make a trip there this summer.

The garden shop is called Commonground, I've been going there for 12 years.
Commonground and, I believe, Bountiful Gardens are run by John Jeavon's
Ecology Action. Matter of fact, I'm attending a three day seminar with them
Mar 10-12 in Willits on Sustainable Biointensive Mini-Farming. Ecology
Action is an excellent resource:

Ecology Action
5798 Ridgewood Road
Willits, CA 95490-9730

clint