Subject: Let there be light!

From: PAT LENZO <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 20:17:32 -0600 (CST)

Wonder if any of you can suggest a lantern for me. I'm looking for a
rechargeable fairly large lantern of some sort. My barn has no electricity and
I need light during lambing season. Sears used to sell a good one, but no
longer does. A fairly strong glow, not a spotlight. Ineed to be able to set it
down to assist in lambing if necessary, and it needs to be fairly bright for
my old eyes. I have a little Coleman 2-floursent thing, but it's not bright
enough. The mantle of the Coleman's break too easily since I have to take it to
work with me and it rattles around in the car, plus too easy to bump and break.
Same with the old fashioned kerosene lantern, I'm afraid of fire. Any ideas or
suggestions would be appreciated.

Pat

---

From: [email-masked] (Dean Osgood)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 08:23:56 -0500

>rechargeable fairly large lantern of some sort. My barn has no electricity and
Get a headlamp, of the sort sold for cave exploring. Some are also used for
'coon huntin'. You can find these for sale in catalog's such as Cabellas.
The ones sold for hunting also have a red filter, which is less upsetting
to the animals.

Dean Osgood