Subject: Re: Magazines

From: Andrew Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 1995 10:14:11 -0500 (EST)

Matt -

Yes, there is indeed magazine info on the homepage - check under "Print 
Media" in each of the subject areas.  That doesn't excuse anyone from 
passing along their favorite magazines, however :)   We need to add more 
to the pages.  And yes, I only put magazines on the homepage for which I 
have up-to-date subscription info, so please include that as well.

Also, if you have ftp access but not Web access, you can grab the raw 
HTML docs for the pages by downloading everything via anonymous ftp from:
cais.com: /pub/aevans/homestead/*

general.html contains most of the magazine info, but there are some 
others scattered in the other subject areas.

Once again, for the record, the Homestead Home Page URL is:
http://www.cais.com/aevans/homestead/homestd.html

On Fri, 17 Mar 1995, Matthew W. Hamel wrote:

> I've heard people mention several magazines lately and I was wondering if 
> we couldn't get a list together like we did with the homesteading-style 
> catalogs.  Any takers?  (And I know that Mother Earth News is a yuppie 
> rag ;)  Seriously, the only remotely rural mags I can get at the local 
> library are the aforementioned bird cage liner, Harrowsmith Country Life 
> (there's another 'un!), Back Home and Country Journal.  I'm not 
> specifically interested in Agribusiness mags, just good practical or 
> inspirational stuff.  I know it's out there.....
> 
> (My apologies to Andrew if this is on the homepage)
> Matt Hamel
> [email-masked]
> 
> In the Chevy Chevette of the Information Superhighway
> 
> 

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Andrew Evans                      | Compu$erve: 70711,745         |
|  Compass Point Software, Inc.      | Internet:   [email-masked]   |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|         Home Page: http://www.cais.com/aevans/homepage.html        |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+