Subject: "Helping Out"

From: Warwick Rowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 11:33:16 WST

Before you spend too much energy setting up a visiting network, please
check out WWOOFERS - WIlling Workers on Organic Farms. They have a well
established world wide network which has worked for years connecting
peopel who want to learn and people who would host them. Their basic
idea is that half a day's work earns full day's bed and board. So 
someone can work for a week, and tour for a week. For homesteading,
soem other trade could be worthwhile considering; eg two weeks work 
during harvest gives two weeks free holiday later in the year.  etc

The laziness principle applies: 

If some present organisation, structure, or tool can meet 
most of your needs, don't set up, administer or buy another one.     

 Please contact the various national groups direct they have their own
 ways of working."

 INTEGRAL, Co-ordinadora de Agric. ecologica, Apdo 2580, 08080
 Barcelona, Spain
 NEWWOOF, New England Small Farms Institute, PO Box 937, Belchertown,
 MA 01007, USA
 VHH, (Alternative Travel Club), Ingra Nielsen, Asanvej 35, 9881
 Bindslev, Denmark
 WWOOF (AUS), Lionel Pollard, W Treee, BUchan, Victoria, 3885,
 Australia.
 WOOF (Canada), John Van Den Heuvel, RR2 Carlson Raod, Nelson, BC, V1L
 5P5, Canada.
 WWOOF (Germany), c/- Stettiner Str 3, 6301, Pohleim, Germany
 WWOOF (Ireland), Annie Sampson, Crowhill, Newgrove, Tulla, Co Clare,
 Ireland.
 WWOOF International, Lionel Pollard, W Tree, Buchan, Vic, 3885, Aust.
 WWOOF (New Zealand), Jane Strange, PO Box 10-037, Palmerston North,
 New Zealand.
 WWOOF (Switzerland), c/- Patrick Bill, Speerstr 7, 8305 Dietlikon,
 Switzerland.
 WWOOF (UK), Don Pynches, 19 Bradford Road, Lewes, Sussex BN17 1RB,
 United Kingdom.

 'WWOOF Australia's World List' lists volunteer work opportunities in
 parts of the world not covered by other groups. Send AUD5 (members),
 10 AUD (non-members) to WWOOF Australia.

--
 __________________________________________________________
|                [email-masked]                |
|                                                          |
|   Management Consultant     Permaculture Designer        |
|_"Helping Managers Learn"___"Helping Land Managers Learn"_|