Subject: NEED HELP QUICK!!!!

From: Greg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 95 22:31:02 EST

I have around $5k and intend to buy a tractor within two days.  I have seen
lots of tractors and seem to settle on the Ford 3000 series.  I am not that
knowledge-able about these things...Any help will be needed!!!!

The diesel will give me hours but I need to know how the overall experience is?

Thnks in advance....

Greg

Help me because I will buy in two days.

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bowen)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 07:26:54 -0800

>Help me because I will buy in two days.

        Today send email to [email-masked]
with the word suscribe as the message.  Then a little later send email to
[email-masked] with the same question.  Several
members have Fords and a few have or know a lot about the 3000.

  Donald E. Bowen           [email-masked]
  Valley Center CA.         [email-masked]

  Software Engineer, woodworker, historian, beekeeper, farmboy
  model railroader, 1936 Farmall 12, 1966 Corvair CORSA 140 convertible
  1 wife, 3 kids, 2 acres, 2 cats, 2 dogs, ? projects,  no TV, 24 hours

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard O. Smith)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 12:20:16 -0400

>I have around $5k and intend to buy a tractor within two days.  
snip 
>Go Diesel - do not even consider gas unless you have really cold weather
and can't plug it in.  Zetor is OK but $$$.  I use a Massey Ferguson 240 (UK
made).  MF are very popular in this area because they have a "Ground Speed
PTO" which means you can have a Power Trailer made from a truck frame and
rear end and couple it to your PTO effectively allowing your trailer as well
as your tractor to haul.  Very effective in the woods.
**************************************************************
    Richard Smith                      [email-masked]
    156 Sarty Rd                     
    RR1 New Germany, NS                1-902-644-3288
    CA
    B0R 1A0
**************************************************************