Subject: Help Bank

From: Andrew Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 10:18:31 -0500 (EST)

While we're batting around ideas about how to do more than just chat on a 
mailing list, here's another one to kick around-

My brother, who lives in a remote home in Eastern Tennessee, is adding a 
passive-solar addtion to the south side of his house.  He's participating 
in a construction help bank - a bunch of people who are willing to help 
build his addition in return for help from him on their projects.  A log 
book is being kept of hours "banked" by each participant, which they can 
call on when they need help.  It's sort of like the barn-raising idea.  
These people come from all around the region to do this.

Any interest in setting up some regional help banks and/or cataloging 
existing ones?  I know I'd be willing to kick in some time in return for 
help when I go to build my place.  I'm planning on spending some time 
on my brother's project in order to participate in that bank, but the 
more the merrier.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Andrew Evans                      | Compu$erve: 70711,745         |
|  Compass Point Software, Inc.      | Internet:   [email-masked]   |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|         Home Page: http://www.cais.com/aevans/homepage.html        |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: [email-masked] (Karl Henning)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 95 10:29:37 EST

> on my brother's project in order to participate in that bank, but the 

 Now your talking.  thats communal participation.  You got my vote.