Subject: Re: Wild Cats

From: "bonni brooks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 10:38:29 EST

On 03/01/95 at 08:18:56 Mike Mayer said:

>Also, I think a well-fed cat is more likely to have more time and energy
>to spend hunting around the barn for mice. They hunt out of instinct -
>not just to eat. We have two barn cats that are kept well-fed and
>healthy. They still go prowling around inside and outsode the barn
>looking for mice. I would say it's always better to have a healthy
>well-fed cat around.

I would agree, and this is what I've heard from misc.rural as well.
The best hunting cat we ever had always had a bowl of food on the back
porch, a ready source of fresh water, and was an inveterate lap cat,
a real laid-back sweetie.

And she had the worst breath....

bonni

  IC | XC  |     bonni brooks "The Lone Quilter"          |  "We speak
  ---+---  |         [email-masked]                |   Byzantine
  NI | KA  | Kelly's Creek Homestead, Maidsville, WV  USA |   Catholic
           |   http://wvnvm.wvnet.edu/~u6ed4/bonni.html   |   here."