Subject: Small Tractor for ploughing, etc

From: [email-masked] (John S. Gaythorpe)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 21:24:46 -0500

Any suggestions on small tractors for ploughing, etc., would be most welcome.

We have briefly looked at Kubota and John Deere, but they seem somewhat
expensive. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bowen)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 07:13:15 -0800

>We have briefly looked at Kubota and John Deere, but they seem somewhat

        You should join the folks over at the antique tractor forum.  Just send
email to [email-masked].  There is a lot of
experience there with older tractors.  THe older tractors are more
economical in the long and short term and they are easier to repair.  It is
not to difficult to do all the work your self.  I am looking for an
affordable Ferguson 30 and I am trying to buy a Farmall Cub.  I currently
have 2 farmall A's in pieces that I need to go pick up.

  Donald E. Bowen           [email-masked]
  Valley Center CA.         [email-masked]

  Software Engineer, woodworker, historian, beekeeper, farmboy
  model railroader, 1936 Farmall 12, 1966 Corvair CORSA 140 convertible
  1 wife, 3 kids, 2 acres, 2 cats, 2 dogs, ? projects,  no TV, 24 hours

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bowen)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 07:13:15 -0800