Subject: Re: Wild Cats

From: [email-masked] (Dean Osgood)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 09:03:00 -0500

Feral Cats are a problem when you have Too many of the darn things. In '82
some "#%&** idijut" must have let out 25 or more , I, and both of my
neibors lost all of our hens, half our roosters, and the local wild turkey
and grouse populations took big hits. We wound up , in the words of one of
my neibors, "recycleing the feral cats into tomato bush's". Feral cats in a
natural balance are OK, but when you have some "idijut" artificialy adjust
the population, consider being a preditor for a while.

When we eliminated the wolves from the wild, we assumed their responsabilitys

As to "groundhog" control, the most effective/most humane method I know of
is to dump the contents of an outhouse bucket down the hole. This does two
things, burys the outhouse waste deep into rocky soil, and tells "mr.
groundhog" that its time to move. I know a hog farmer who runs a liquid
manure set up, and who hates groundhogs, and he will pump 50 to 200 gallons
into every hole he sees, and after a few years of that his crops are doing
better, as he is getting nutrents deeper into the soil than by surface
spreading.
Dean Osgood

---

From: MICHAEL BRZEZOWSKI <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 09:23:07 -0500 (EST)

> When we eliminated the wolves from the wild, we assumed their responsabilitys
      Yes, we wiped out an animal that was in balance with the local system,
      then we complain about deer, etc that are overpopulating the land.  This
      is an example of the lack or respect for nature that the majority of
      Western-Thought people have.....That is why it is time to go back to the
      land before I end up loosing my sensitivity.

      * Mike