Subject: "Just Visit"

From: Warwick Rowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 11:17:39 WST

One of things we (the Land Management Society - a group of 
innovative farmers and friends) have found necessary here is to have 
specific days set aside for the visitors. Or you spend
all your time showing them the work projects you are going 
to get around to..

Another thing we are exploring here is charging visitors
a little. One way is to have a small information pack
available at a price that yields you something. Another is 
to charge a busload or carload fee. Another is to encourage
people to become members of your favourite alternative 
farming organisation. 

The fee has two objectives: one is to leave you feeling good
about the time visitors can take, the other is to convince
them that what they have learned is to be valued.

--
 __________________________________________________________
|                [email-masked]                |
|                                                          |
|   Management Consultant     Permaculture Designer        |
|_"Helping Managers Learn"___"Helping Land Managers Learn"_|