Subject: "Come visit and help out"

From: Warwick Rowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 11:23:36 WST

Before you get too far down the track, please check out 

WWOOFERS   Willing Workers on Organic Farms. 

They have extended their operations to save us setting up a similar 
network we were going to call Woppers (Willing Workers on Permaculture 
Properties) because many permies don't have "farms". But discussions 
led to them running the network, and permaculturists coming into it.

While it depends on each host, the general understanding is that 
half a day's work is matched by a full day's board. So someone visiting
can work for a week, and enjoy local tourism attractions for a week,
etc.

Good permaculture principle: If something already present meets most
of your requirements, save energy, just adapt.

--
 __________________________________________________________
|                [email-masked]                |
|                                                          |
|   Management Consultant     Permaculture Designer        |
|_"Helping Managers Learn"___"Helping Land Managers Learn"_|