Subject: Garden report

From: [email-masked] (Don Bowen)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 19:42:53 -0700

I finally got rid of the house guests and now have a chance to work
in the garden.  Peas are up over a foot and a half high.  I need to get some
thing for them to climb on.  A friend gave me a pile of what he said was 1/2
in. PVC.  I picked up some ells and was ready to go.  Turns out the pipe is
3/4.  Peas did not get something to climb on today.  I thought half my
potatoes washed out but I was wrong.  WHere the mud flowed, the potatoes
just took a bit longer to break the surface.  Most of the others are up
about a foot.  The early onions are starting to bloom and the green onions
are being picked.  Radishes and lettuce cannot escape whatever is eating
them.  Every planting has been eaten off.  Carrots are just starting to come up.

        I did get the tomatoes and peppers set out today.  All except for
the cherry tomatoes.  The artichoke looked wilted this morning but this
evening it looked like all was well.  This week I hope to plant the last of
the cool crops then get ready for the warm season plantings.

    Don Bowen                          [email-masked]
    Valley Center, CA                  [email-masked]

    Software engineer, woodworker, farm boy, beekeeper
    1936 Farmall 12       1966 Corvair Corsa 140 Convertible
    1 wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 acres, no TV, 24 hrs

---

From: Andrew Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 23:16:29 -0400 (EDT)

Don -

Gotta love that So. Cal. growing season!  Here in the nation's capital, 
our peas are up a whole inch and a half.  Potatoes just went in this 
weekend, and the lettuce, cabbage, and broccoli are up about a centimeter.  
The spinach is just peeking out.  We also put in kidney beans, beets, 
leeks and carrots this weekend.  Waiting in the starter flats are 
various squashes, tomatoes, peppers, and various herbs.  We're maybe a 
week from the first corn planting.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Andrew Evans                      | Compu$erve: 70711,745         |
|  Compass Point Software, Inc.      | Internet:   [email-masked]   |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|         Home Page: http://www.cais.com/aevans/homepage.html        |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+