Subject: Re: homestead-digest V1 #9

From: MICHAEL BRZEZOWSKI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 08:27:42 -0400 (EDT)

> ------------------------------
> From: [email-masked] (Barb Bruns)
> Date: Mon, 3 Apr 95 16:01:24 EDT
> Subject: Re: Habitat for Humanity
> 
> Just thought I'd say "Here, here!" for Habitat.  I've always thought it
> was a great program, and I might have the chance to participate for the
> first time this summer.
> 

	Does anyone happen to know how to find a local chapter?  I have
always shy-ed away from Habitat for Humanity because the only time I
encountered it was through religious settings.  (I am agnostic, and
get bothered by religion.   I think it is good for many people, but I
always hate religions more the more I am around them...sorry)

---------------
RE:  Financing A Homstead

	I have found properties about 1hr from State college that have
been very cheap.  The properties are listed as "Hunting Grounds."  I am
going to call today and see what type of zoning they have.  I was guessing
that they were safe to build a home on, but just didn't have any available
access to electricity, water, and sewer.  One property was 146acres for
$55K, and another was 250acres with state parks on two sides that was 
going for around $95K.
	I personally have no interest because I want to get as far away
from this conservative republican (sorry ... it is all that capitalism
thing) state of Pennsylvania.  If anyone else is interested, let me know
and I can get you phone numbers, etc...

***** Mike