Subject: Re: Favorite Catalogs

From: [email-masked] (Karl Henning)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 95 16:46:20 EST

If anyone is intereste here in SW MICHIGAN, the place for organic herbs
and trees and anything else the good mother grows for us.

the catalog is 2.50 and with SAE you'll also get a brochure on growing 
tips.  
            Write to: Renaissance Acres Organic Herb Farm
                       4450 Valantine Rd.
                       Whitmore Lake, MI 48189

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bowen)
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 1995 12:54:55 -0800

>Hey Don,  are the Lehmans and Cumberland catalogs for living type
>stuff like pot belly stoves, stone mills etc.?  Which of the 2 would I 
>want for such stuff?  Or anyothers?  I'll get my info on mail order
>hierloom seeds from an organic business we deal with here in Michigan.
>Renaissance Acres has all kinds of organic herbs/seeds etc.
>there number is 313-449-8336,  I'm trying to find out if they have a 
>catalog to mail out.

        Both are full of things used in a less energy intensive time.
Lehamns is for the Amish community.  Both seem a bit pricy to me but maybe
they are the only place to get some of the things.  I do not know which is
best, both are worth the money just for the entertainment value if nothing
else.  Neither have a mill I want.  

        I am looking for a mill that can use either burrs or stones, can be
motor or hand powered.  I saw one like that in a health food store in
Spokane several years ago but did not buy it and have not seen another.

  Donald E. Bowen           [email-masked]
  Valley Center CA.         [email-masked]

  Software Engineer, woodworker, historian, beekeeper, farmboy
  model railroader, 1936 Farmall 12, 1966 Corvair CORSA 140 convertible
  1 wife, 3 kids, 2 acres, 2 cats, 2 dogs, ? projects,  24 hours

---

From: [email-masked] (Karl Henning)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 95 16:16:44 EST

>   1 wife, 3 kids, 2 acres, 2 cats, 2 dogs, ? projects,  24 hours

yeah me to, I have been looking for a mill, imagine grinding your own,
using the whole grain when baking.  You'd be eating some serious whole food! 
I'll keep my eyes open.  what do burrs look like and why would you use them
verses stone?

---

From: [email-masked] (Karl Henning)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 95 16:46:20 EST