Subject: Homestead Tour Update

From: Andrew Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 13:00:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi y'all -

OK, I finally went back through my email and assembled the first Host 
Volunteer list for the Homestead Tour.  I'll be maintaining this list, so 
please let me know if you want your homestead added or if you have 
updates/changes.  Many thanks to the brave souls who have already signed 
up to be Host Volunteers - let's see if we can get a few more!  Also, if 
you use this list and get out to visit one of the homesteads, you are 
*required* to tell us all about your visit :)

--------------------------------8< cut here 8<-----------------------------
Homestead Mailing List Homestead Tour
--------- ------- ---- --------- ----

What is the Homestead Tour?

The Homestead Mailing List Homestead Tour is actually just a bunch of 
really nice homesteaders (Host Volunteers) who have agreed to allow some 
nosy beginners to drop by from time to time and observe a working 
homestead.  The Tour isn't set for any particular date - just contact a 
Host Volunteer and arrange a visit.  Some Host Volunteers will also allow 
you to help out around the place (for no compensation other than the 
educational value you'll receive) - check the list and check with the 
Host Volunteer for details.  "Visit or help" means the Host can find 
something for you to help with while you visit if you want, "Visit" means 
just come by and visit, sans overalls.

The only rule is: contact the Host Volunteer and arrange a visit - don't 
drop by unannounced!

Host Volunteers, By State (last update - 3/17/95):
-------------------------------------------------

Here is the list of Host Volunteers.  If you'd like to add your homestead 
to the list, or if you have updates or corrections, please send them to:
[email-masked]

Ohio
----
Union County:
Mark & Terri Savoie
[email-masked]
(513) 982-3019
Visit or help
Children welcome

Oregon
------
Clackamas County:
Jeff Owens
[email-masked]
(503) 630-2317
Visit

Tennessee
---------
Putnam County:
Pat Lenzo
[email-masked]
(615) 858-3015 (eves. and weekends)
Visit or help

Vermont
-------
Bennington:
Julie & Steve Chamay
[email-masked]
(802) 823-5606
Visit or help