Subject: poison oak honey

From: [email-masked] (Don Bowen)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 20:58:49 -0700

A comment by Sherry Ellesson in a recent post sent me rushing to the
books this evening.  You mentioned poison oak honey which did the trick to
me.  Poison oak is one of the few things I am alergic to.  This last winter
we went for a hike near here and saw the first for the year.  We were about
30 ft from it when I saw it and gave it a wide berth.  Within a week I had a
rash all over my arms and face.  As far as I know I did not touch any and no
one else with me had the problem.  A couple of weeks later the dogs gave me
a present in the worst PO rash ever.

        The comment sent me to the books but with negative results.  "The
Hive and the Honey Bee" shows PO as an important nector source in the
pacific region.  The comments under posion honey do not mention PO.  I will
continue to research this.
    Don Bowen                          [email-masked]
    Valley Center, CA                  [email-masked]

    Software engineer, woodworker, farm boy, beekeeper
    1936 Farmall 12       1966 Corvair Corsa 140 Convertible
    1 wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 acres, no TV, 24 hrs