Subject: Re: Small Tractor parts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 20:38:07 -0500

Can't say for Kioti, but Zetor parts are here. There's a ware house on
Harrisburg, PA, and delivery is quick. Beside, Zetors are built like American
tractors USED to be...

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bowen)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 20:02:58 -0800

>Harrisburg, PA, and delivery is quick. Beside, Zetors are built like American

        The trouble is what will be the parts state is a few years.  There
are enough parts to handle warranty problems but what about when the tractor
is 20 years old?  I have nothing against the tractors mentioned, it's just
that I think purchases should be made with the idea that you do it as little
as possible.  Something like a tractor or a car should be purchased for the
long term.  One reason I bought the pickup I did is that I feel that I will
get 200K+ miles out of it.

        Parts is a big part of the longivity.  I have had better luck buying
parts for my 1966 Corvair than my wife's 1987 Taurus.  The Ford has 120K
miles and is really a rolling piece of junk.  My 1964 Ford van has 250K+
miles and I am still using it.

        As for the tractors in question.  The Zetor was tested in Nebaraska
during 1964.  It is made in Czechoslovakia and has been in the country since
at least 1964.  The Kioti is not listed and the test listing I have goes up
to 1984.  One thing to keep in mind is the Belarus.  They were tested in
1973, 1975 and 1973.  As far as I know the even parts are no longer being
imported from the USSR.  And we have all heard of the URSUS.

    Don Bowen                          [email-masked]
    Valley Center, CA                  [email-masked]

    Software engineer, woodworker, farm boy, beekeeper
    1936 Farmall 12       1966 Corvair Corsa 140 Convertible
    1 wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 acres, no TV, 24 hrs