Subject: Bread machines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 06:11:56 -0500

Looks like we're back to the question of how much technology. And while the
theraputic value of kneading dough is valid, it can also be done with turn
compost, or slabbing clay, or other activities, all while your bread is
baked. 
   Seesm to me that the main reason for making your own bread is controlling
what goes into that loaf. Bread machines don't make any difference in that.
So using them, like so many other things, becomes a matter of personal
choice.

---

From: [email-masked] (Karl Henning)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 95 10:05:57 EST

> So using them, like so many other things, becomes a matter of personal

Yeah your probably write on that.  It would be different if we had nothing 
else to do but homestead every day and drove into town 1/mth or something 
(someday).  But time is valuable.  I wish I could get my companion to learn to
shut power off when not in use, major bad habit).  But the offset is she works
 the garden while I turn the compost and make bread, she makes the vegy soups, 
 etc. Distributed multi-tasking if you will.