Subject: Luddites

From: Andrew Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 15:33:32 -0500 (EST)

Let me clarify something - I've made a few postings railing against 
Luddites, but I want to be clear that I welcome alternate points of view 
on this list.  If there is such a thing as a Luddite Internet user, I 
would be thrilled to have them join the list and jump in the fray.  This 
is where I differ from the point-of-view taken by the editors of _Plain 
Magazine_.  So many people asked me for the name that I'm going ahead and 
printing it - I would only be catering to Scott Savage's foolish (IMHO) 
whim if I didn't.  Don't look for it in the archive, however.  In 
_Plain_'s charter issue, they said they were publishing in order to help 
guide folks like us "back home" to a plainer lifestyle.  But they don't 
want to use any of the channels we use in order to reach us.  Strange.  
And yet they have no problem using the most overblown, over-automated, 
high-tech-reliant communications medium we have, the snail-mail system!  
Go figure.  

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Andrew Evans                      | Compu$erve: 70711,745         |
|  Compass Point Software, Inc.      | Internet:   [email-masked]   |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|         Home Page: http://www.cais.com/aevans/homepage.html        |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+