Subject: Re: I'm in FORTUNE magazine!

From: [email-masked] (Mozartb)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 23:14:15 -0400

Oh jeez, here we go.

I'm not one to brag, but....

In the last year, I've been in the Christian Science Monitor, US News &
World Report, New York Magazine, Snow Country, New Choices, House
Beautiful, Boston Globe, Newsday, etc.

I was on CNBC a few weeks ago, and have done radio shows for Chicago
Public Radio, WOR in NYC, KOMO in Seattle, and a number of other small
market radio stations.

Why? It's directly related to this forum. I publish Sticks, a newsletter
for people who want to move to the country. I've had people cancel their
subscriptions because I offer too much common sense ("You're not like
Martha Stewart's magazine") and because the articles in Sticks helped them
to realize that country living was not for them. But I've also had people
move to the country and stay there for more than 3 months because they
planned for it, knew why they were moving,  and didn't move on impulse.

To everyone who's not living in the country and wishes they could: news
flash: It's a difficult life. You won't fit in right away--it took me 6
years--and unless you have lots of money, there will always be something
or someone in your house that's on  the verge of breaking down.

To everyone who's already here, I love your comments and the
back-and-forths that go on. Even though I have a black thumb and will
never raise anything more strenuous than house cats, I live vicariously
through the goat and chicken and lavender stories.

Be realistic, folks! You're doing nobody any favors if you move to the
country for the wrong reasons!

Lisa Rogak
Publisher
Sticks