Subject: High Water Handbook

From: maureen gilmer <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 May 1995 19:04:32 GMT

If you feel threatened by the past few rainy seasons, levee breaks, 
and this summer's already swelling rivers, this new book will help
navigate though the maze of flood insurance programs, emergency
procedures and the unique problems of low land living.  Plus, it 
simplifies the complex issues of wetland regulation, its weaknesses
and long term benefits.

Discover why there is bound to be increased flooding throughout the 
US due to environmental regulation of dredging for flood control and 
drainage.  Find out about the National Flood Insurance Programs, its
helpful maps and the rules of life where periodic inundation is 
common.  A must for any northerner relocating to the beautiful, but
often wet low lands of the deep south.

LIVING ON FLOOD PLAINS AND WETLANDS: 
A HOMEOWNER'S HIGH-WATER HANDBOOK     by Maureen Gilmer

Available late June from Taylor Publishing Co.  Dallas, TX 75235
1550 W. Mockingbird Lane  

Contact the author by e-mail:  [email-masked]