Subject: Re: Books on making the migration to Rural living

From: [email-masked] (SarahS4151)
Date: 13 Dec 1994 22:00:33 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Andrew Evans)
writes:

hello
well heres the top of my list of fave rural skills books

carla emery's old fashioned recipe book
   an encyclopedia of country living. everything from buying land,
gardening, baking bread, preserving, raising animals, crafts,......

country women
   a handbook for the new farmer. i find it still indespensible after 10
years on the land. from start to finish, all you need to know to get
started and moral support.

back to basics
   a readers digest publication full of info from building log homes,
fences, raising animals, building water systems,...

harrowsmith
   collections from their now defunct magazine (no, country life or
whatever it is now pales in comparison)

i use these all as references still, even though i have the more detailed
reference books, these are my friends when i need them

sarah