Subject: Reviewer Needed - Biological Farming

From: [email-masked] (Sean Furniss, Refuge Program Specialist)
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 1995 08:36:46 -0400

I have been asked to update the Fish and Wildlife Service Manual Chapter on
Cropland Management (about 11 pages). I need some technical assistance in
reviewing the information about Biological Farming, Low Impact Farming, and
no Till Farming. I want to be sure that the information is technically
correct and easily understandable by individuals with varying backgrounds
in natural resources management. 

It is important to understand that "cropland" for the Fish and Wildlife
Service is not limited to the traditional "crops" (i.e., wheat, corn,
barley, etc.) but includes wild foods such as nuts, acorns, native grass
seed and other naturally occuring food plants which are being reintroduced
into previously disturbed habitats.

If you are interested in participating as a reviewer, please give me a
basic idea of your background (both academic and on the ground), the best
way to send the information to you (i.e., as part of a text message in
email, as an attached file with or without uuencoding) and the format best
suited to your machine (i.e., WordPerfect 3.1/5.1 for
Macintosh/Windows/Dos, MS Word for Windows/Macintosh).

Depending upon the response, I will probably send the file to only 4 or 5
reviewers.  Please send responses directly to my e mail address. Thanks.

Sean Furniss
Refuge Program Specialist

-- 
[email-masked] (Valid until 4/28 when we change to a new system)
(703) 358-2043
Division of Refuges, MS 670 ARLSQ
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
4401 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203

<a href="http://bluegoose.arw.r9.fws.gov/">National Wildlife Refuge
System</a>

**************************************************************************

The opinions expressed are those of the writer and not those of the Fish
and Wildlife Service nor the Department of the Interior
__________________________________________________________________________

Information on Service data servers (including WAIS, WWW, etc.) can be
retrieved from the Service Library Server. Send a message to
[email-masked] with SEND HELP as the subject (no text in the body of
the message) for instructions and an index.