Subject: Re: Info on the New Alchemist Institute

From: [email-masked] (Hank Roberts)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 19:10:08 GMT

[email-masked] (Jason Wasson) writes:

>Last Saturday I saw an old 16mm film from '74 about a group called the New
>Alchemist Institute. This group is/was located in Vermont. They were
>building a model farm that utilized organic farming techniques along with
>alternative energy production. Some of the things they did envolved
>raising their own fish and building their own windmills. 

>I was wondering if anybody new if this group is still around and if so, do
>you have their address? Thanks alot.

>-Jason Wasson
>-- 
>[email-masked]

>Live Simply, So Others Can Simply Live

John Todd moved on to Ocean Arks: 1 Locust Street, Salmus, MA 02546
508-540-6801; wastewater/solar aquaculture

(Info from the Millenium Whole Earth Catalog, which has no mention of
Todd or New Alchemy at all  in the index; articles some years ago in
Whole Earth Review about Ocean Arks might be worth looking up in your
local library/interlibrary loan)

---

From: [email-masked] (William B. Warren)
Date: 17 Jan 1995 08:27:05 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>,
>you have their address? Thanks alot.

Jason,
	The New Alchemists actually started in Woods Hole, MA.  They may 
or may not still be together, if they are I believe they've moved...(to 
Vt. perhaps?)
	The founders of the group, Drs. John and Nancy Todd now run Ocean 
Arks Intl.  1 Locust Street, Falmouth, MA.  02540  phone:(508)540-6801.
They are involved primarily (if not exclusively) in bioremediation.  They 
run several biological wastewater treatment facilities- one in 
Providence, RI  another's in Harwich, MA.  Good Luck!   Will