Subject: Adding Essential Oils to Grease Patties

From: "Libby J. Goldstein" <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Aug 1996 23:38:06 GMT

Could someone e-mail me the amount of wintergreen oil (or other essntial 
mint related oils) to add to a grease patty containing 1/4 to 1/3 lb 
shortening? We'd like to try it in the hives at our community garden.

Libby

---

From: [email-masked] (David J Trickett)
Date: 27 Aug 1996 05:10:46 GMT

Libby J. Goldstein ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Could someone e-mail me the amount of wintergreen oil (or other essntial 
: mint related oils) to add to a grease patty containing 1/4 to 1/3 lb 
: shortening? We'd like to try it in the hives at our community garden.

: Libby

According to the post the ingredients and quantities were:

4 cups of granulated sugar
2 cups of shortening
4.8 cc's of wintergreen oil

molded into 8 oz patties inserted in the hive above the cluster.  
Remember that location is important.

- Dave T.

---

From: "Libby J. Goldstein" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Aug 1996 17:27:20 GMT

Thanks so much.

I'll pass the info on to our resident beekeeper.

Libby