Subject: Aug Honey Market

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 22:30:00 GMT

Some August 1996 Honey prices as reported in the NATIONAL HONEY
        MARKET NEWS and other sources for NEW CROP Honey..
          __________________________________________________________
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
        |  Some US HONEY Prices for August 1996                      |
        |                                                            |
        |  Calif.  Orange    89                  ex lt amber         |
        |  Sage              89                  white               |
        |  Alfalfa           82-86               ex lt amber         |
        |  Alfalfa-Cotton    85-87 1/2           white               |
        |  Safflower         60                  light amber         |
        |                                                            |
        |  Colorado Clover   90                  white               |
        |                                                            |
        |  Idaho Clover      85                  white               |
        |                                                            |
        |  LOU Chinese Tallow  80                light amber         |
        |  Montana Clover    88 1/2-98           white               |
        |  DAKOTA CLover     88-1.00             white               |
        |                                                            |
        |  Canadian Clover   94-95               white               |
        |  Argentina East Coast del dock duty paid                   |
        |    Mixed Flowers   86 1/2-91           ex lt amber         |
        |                                        ex lt amber         |
        |  CHINA East Coast                                          |
        |    Mixed Flowers   90                  white               |
        |  China Gulf Coast  87                  light amber         |
        |____________________________________________________________|
         \ The US NEW CROP moved  to cash markets at slightly higher /
          \ prices. RAINS, Lot'a rain affects Mexican crop outlook? /
           \-------------------------------------------------------/

       Cash honey buyers continue active search for new crop US honey.
       Prices continue to advance as total crop is thought light. Total
       volumes sold may set new price records for US crop as prices
       continue upwards with good volumes moving to market at $.80 and
       higher. Bad weather wet&dry has taken a unknown number of hives
       out of production. Western retail market is active for Hispanic
       labeled products as honey marketing adjusts to a fast changing
       population demographics and consumer demands. The time is close
       that honey produced and imported from SA in total will only equal
       the amounts consumed by the large Hispanic market in the US.

                                ttul Andy-

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ "Where there is honey, there are beekeepers"