Subject: ASCAP and More

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 06:01:00 GMT

tHE OLd Drone was surfing the net for good bee things and finds this
old beekeepers folk song but I must warn you that if your son or
daughter sings this around the camp fire you may owe ASCAP some spare
change.
                             ttul Andy-

BTW: If you have already seen this or if I posted it before think
nothing about it as I am having trouble keeping track of the mail in our
beekeeping news group because of problems with other's mail servers
that has put me on the outs and if I don't answer someone's comment it
is not because I am stuck in the mud, it more then likely I did not get
a shot at it in the first place. Added to that the disappearance of my
posted mail file last week from my off line mail reader which can be
expected when you never delete it and it grows and grows until it gets
zapped, what a bummer.

It really does seem that all this technology is not getting that
much better just bigger...I do have several thousand beekeeper
messages ON-LINE at Wild Bee's BBS (209) 826-8107 for anyone that wants
to catch up and can stand the cost of the call. We all need to start a
tread on what beekeepers are using to keep up with the technology and
bee mail, and the ever expanding web pages of interest to beekeepers.
It appears to me that again beekeepers and others interested in bees
and beekeepers have again topped all other agricultural commodity groups
in web pages some of which are getting real nice. Nothing seen of the
National Honey Board, yet? I did find the Canadian Honey Co-Op and the
page under construction from Sue Bee Honey Co-Op, but no NHB.
                          -<30>-

Subject: Killer_Bees.lyrics.txt

Artist:  The Bobs
Song:    Killer Bees
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(c) 1984 Gunnar Madsen and Richard Greene, Best of Breed Music (ASCAP)
    All Rights Reserved.  Used by Permission.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're coming...at the rate of 300 miles a year...
They started in Brazil,
And came north through Nicaragua
We call them killer bees
The Sandinistas call them their "freedom fighters"
An evil empire of Godless, Marxist bugs
How can they be stopped?!

   The Bees
   The killer bees are coming
   Spreading fear and terror in our land
   They're always buzzing, never humming
   They're going to swarm across the Rio Grande

Insects need no green cards
They fly too low to be picked up on radar
How can you just say "no" to bugs?
And as they spread their Marxist pollen from flower to flower,
They corrupt our pure, all American bees
Remember, that the words of the devil are always dipped in honey!

   The Bees
   The killer bees are coming
   Spreading fear and terror in our land
   They're always buzzing, never humming
   They're going to swarm across the Rio Grande

July 4th, 1990, when the dreaded bees are due to hit our border
We'll have "Cans across America" Insecticide Program
And every able citizen will smoke cigars
And from San Diego to Brownsville
Special SWAT teams will stand shoulder to shoulder...
Remember America, these are red bees... all workers, no drones!

   The Bees
   The killer bees are coming
   Spreading fear and terror in our land
   They're always buzzing, never humming
   Get our your can of spray and make a stand!

-EOF-
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ "Where there are fruits & nuts, there are beekeepers"