Subject: Organic honey

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 96 23:13:00 +12

FB>Internet: [email-masked]

FB>Still trying to find out what <Organicaly Grown Honey> is?

I am not a  beekeeper but a beekeeper lives on my farm. He tells me that
bees have a fairly defined range and so if that range was on an organic
farm and/or for instance in the bush miles from any place that might use
sprays, soluable fertislisers etc then it probabley be called organic.

There should be some certification on it. These people would police
these things and make those decisions.

Does this help?

Regards  Stuart Reid Ashburton New Zealand

---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ --T-A+G-L-I+N-E--+M-E-A+S-U-R+I-N-G+--G-A+U-G-E--

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 12 Mar 1996 15:51:55 GMT

Seems that producing certified organic honey and managing for varroa mites
will be conflicting beekeeping strategies. A beekeeper previously said that
the decision would be easy: better to _have_ bees than not.

As for someone advertising their honey as "organic", if the state where the
honey was produced has not certified the producer, than the claim "organic"
in states that have certification laws, is false. 

Adam 
-- 
_________________
Adam Finkelstein                    
[email-masked]