Subject: Thorne Beehives Web site

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 00:52:00 GMT

New Beekeeping Web Site

  The beekeeping information and sites continue to grown on the internet
with the addition of the E.H. Thorne, LTD, beekeeping supplier in
England. Surf to the Beekeeper Pages and then off to England or direct
to www.thorne.co.uk ...

  This site appears to be a well done professional web page with good
information on the products sold by the Thorne company and a direct
request line for their catalog, which they got out to me at no small
expense for them (2L 6f), air mail from England. The Thorne Beekeeping
Equipment catalog is a pleasure for any North American beekeeper to read
considering the different and interesting standards of equipment used
in Europe today. This OLd Drone would just love to have one of those
W.B.C. hives with its peaked roof and stand in my own front yard.

  Not only is it different but there are some real good ideas that will
in time make it to the US, like the Brush Uncapper with synthetic fibers
to decap the combs. Much better and safer then the "hog rings" used in
my own uncapper.

  Also included in the package from Thorne was a copy of their
publication "Beekeepers News", which has some very good and timely
articles on beekeeper problems and activities. I especially enjoyed
their parody on the E.C. labeling regulations, it can not be said that
we North American's are the only one's with mad regulators and law
makers.

  I will ask the editor if I can reproduce the article and post it
another time. Or better yet ask him to consider posting or webbing
the whole magazine.
                        ttul Andy-

*NOTE* For the last month only about 10% of my articles are spanning
the internet highway in this group. I have yet to discover the cause
of the constipation so if you don't see this post please except my
apologies and remember that all are arc hived on the Wild Bee's BBS.

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ ... I said, but just to be a bee