Subject: Re: Midwest Beekeeping Symposium

From: [email-masked] (Patricia Schwalm)
Date: 11 Mar 1996 14:59:39 GMT

Barry Birkey ([email-masked]) wrote:
: For anyone interested in the Chicago area there will be a beekeeping 
: symposium sponsored by McHenry County College and the Northern 
: Illinois Beekeeper's Association. The date is Saturday, March 9, from 
: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $20 per person.Contact Molly Walsh at 
: MCC Conference Center, 8900 U.S. Hwy 14, Crystal Lake, Il. 60012-2796. 
: Sorry, no number.

Sigh...I sure wish I had known about this. I would have loved to attend.
Maybe you could cross-post announcements like this in rec.gardens or
misc.rural in the future, Barry? Or maybe the NIBA could have put 
it on the CES web page?

Patty

---

From: Barry Birkey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 18:27:04 -0500

> misc.rural in the future, Barry? Or maybe the NIBA could have put

Sorry for the late notice. I had known for quiet some time but it 
didn't dawn on me to post it till last week. I'm suprised that no one 
>from  the NIBA board didn't post this themselves. I will contact them 
and see to it that they get on the ball for next time. There were 
about 150 people that turned out and I personally liked all that Dr. 
Keith Delaplane had to say about the mite problems and pollination.
Thanks for the reminder, Patty.

Barry

---

From: [email-masked] (Patricia Schwalm)
Date: 12 Mar 1996 02:30:51 GMT

: Sorry for the late notice. I had known for quiet some time but it 
: didn't dawn on me to post it till last week. I'm suprised that no one 
: from the NIBA board didn't post this themselves. I will contact them 
: and see to it that they get on the ball for next time. There were 
: about 150 people that turned out and I personally liked all that Dr. 
: Keith Delaplane had to say about the mite problems and pollination.
: Thanks for the reminder, Patty.

I didn't mean this as a complaint to you, Barry, just a general 
frustration with Usenet and the Non-Usenet community. If I'd just
thought of subscribing to this group (I'd heard of it, but I already
read 40 groups  8-(   or if someone with the Cooperative Extension
Service had announced it....and so on. There are so many clubs/agencies/
newsgroups and so much redundancy. Few people in the general public
understand Usenet. Some people on Usenet would complain about cross-
posting...sigh....such a powerful tool. Well, hopefully I'll get some
answers about native pollinators from this group.

Patty 
btw, I maintain the Garden Club of Illinois web:
http://www.math.luc.edu/gci