Subject: Dutch Bee Page

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 02:06:00 GMT

----------------------------------------
Hi All,

The OLd drone has be roaming the www again, this time I found this
bee page in Holland and it looks like a good place to visit. I hope
one of the Dutch beekeepers will let us know if its worth while planning
a trip to the Leiden Bee Market on a holiday this June. I bet a
enterprising beekeeper could do a Video on the this and make all the
bee meetings next fall and winter, and maybe even sell the video's.
If you are interested the e-mail address is below for the person to
contact. You can also visit the page. I found it using lynx and a text
search engine....

                         ttul Andy-

   Deze pagina is ook in het Nederlands.
     _________________________________________________________________

  Ecological & Bee Market in Leiden

   On the second Saturday in June, there will be again in Leiden an
   ecological & bee market, organised by the local beekeepers union
   (Imkersvereniging 'Leiden en omstreken'). Not only specialized stands
   where you can buy beekeeping equipment, but also a lot of stands which
   deal with the environment will be present.
     _________________________________________________________________

   The environment-bee-market attracks every year thousends of visitors
   and has got an own place in the traditionally events in Leiden. For
   many people this market has a good name, for all for those who are
   kind-hearted for protecting the environment. This year the market is
   organised for the twentiest time by the beekeepers of Leiden and its
   vicinity. As in other years, the beekeepers are presenting themselves,
   together with regionally and nationally working groups of nature and
   environment.

   Of couse bees are present everywhere and trading in bees is possible.
   The beekeepers tell with pleasure about the wonderly life of the
   honeybee and show how they handle their bees. The organising
   beekeepers union of Leiden has not for nothing as main aim the
   promoting of beekeeping.

     _________________________________________________________________

   The location of the market is near the astronomical observatory and is
   situated at one of the nicest canals in Leiden. The Hortus Botanicus,
   the oldest botanical garden in Holland, is adjacent. For this event
   there is no admission for this nice garden.
   During the day you can hear and see artists performing their act.
   Small orchestras will occasionally play and children are entertained
   by a puppet player.
   Demonstrations will be given how to make candles, weaving, making
   hives, shaping bones, and so on.
   All these different things bring such a lot of life and cosiness, that
   you easely can spend some hours on the market. When you never have
   visited this bee-market, you should do so this year!

   What you will see on this market:
     * in the morning trade in bee colonies
     * selling of beekeepers equipment
     * selling of honey, bee-wax, candles, mead
     * demonstrations of treatment of bees in a special apiary
     * education about nature and environment
     * demonstrations: making beehives, weaving, making of silk paper,
       cheese making
     * entertainment by music and dance groups
     * exchange of material which deals with bees: stamps, postcards,
       coins, match boxes, books and periodicals
     * free entrance to the Hortus Botanicus

   As soon as the complete program is known, more information will be
   presented.

     _________________________________________________________________

   The market is located near the astronomical observatory, close to the
   Hortus Botanicus in the centre of Leiden.

   From 9 p.m to 5 a.m. you are welcome!
     _________________________________________________________________

   This market is organized by the beekeepers union 'Leiden en omstreken'
   (in Dutch).
     _________________________________________________________________

   This page is set up by Ilja van de Pavert. Email should be sent to me
   at [email-masked].

---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ ... The bee, dost thou forget?
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ Revised Job title Ä Road Grader Man:  Heavy Equipment Eng