Subject: Where to get more bees?

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 02:31:00 GMT

----------------------------------------
D>From: [email-masked]
 >Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 13:55:36 -0500
 >Subject: Where to get more bees?

D>I'm quite a novice beekeeper up in southern New Hampshire.  I've lost my bees
 >over the winter too and went online to look for information about how to
 >proceed.  I saw your item where you said the suppliers are booked up on
 >orders.  Any ideas where I might try to order more?  Also, what do I need to
 >do besides cleaning out the dead bees.  There is still honey in the hive.
 > Would new bees accept this honey?  Thanks if you can give me any info.

Hi [email-masked]

Yes, the honey should be OK for getting a new hive started. Shake the
dead bees out the best you can. The new bees will have nothing to do
but fix up the old hive so if it was healthy, does not have AFB scale
or smell like a glue pot you should have no problems. They will clean
out the bees stuck in the cells, if you have any like that, and can
repair most other damage.

As for new bees or more bees get down to the police station and
your fire house and tell them you want to pick up a couple of swarms.

As for buying bees. Being out here in California I don't know if anyone
is shipping bees that far east from here. Get out the American Bee
Journal and start calling around for suppliers. Also check with your
closest Dadant's Branch, they sometimes have bees coming in for their
customers and you may be able to get in on one of the shipments.

                          Good Luck
                           Andy-

PS I will post this to the beekeeping news group as I am sure some
   of the others will have ideas that may help and may know of a
   good bee supplier in your area.

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ ... When the bee-hive casts its swarm;

---

From: Jon Camp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 18:53:10 GMT

Andy,

I have a load of 4lb pkgs coming up on May 12, via Wilbanks 
Apiaries.  I live in New Ipswich, NH.  (NH/MA border between 
Keene and Nashua)  If this gentleman is interested he may call me 
at 878-1010 to arrange a pickup.

                   Jon Camp - Silver City Apiaries