Subject: REMINDER: CFV:sci.agriculture.{poultry,ratites}

From: [email-masked] (Kathryn A. Smith)
Date: 22 Mar 1996 03:50:35 GMT

Hello everyone,

I wanted to send out this reminder out to the various newsgroups. 
There is only 1 day left to cast your vote.  The final day to vote is 
March 22nd.  If you have already voted, thank you for taking the time 
and please excuse this reminder. 

If you have any questions, please contact me or one of the other CFV
proponents.

Kathryn A. Smith
[email-masked]

---------------------------- Voting via a newsgroup -------------------------

For a copy of the CFV see the newsgroup news.announce.newgroups.  Please read 
the directions carefully on how to vote.  Your vote will not be counted if the 
procedure is not followed.  This is very important.

Please vote for both newsgroups being proposed.  Be sure to include your real 
name on the line "Voter's Name".  This is kind of buried in the ballot, so be 
sure to look for it.

You will receive two letters back from the automated vote counter should your 
vote be processed correctly.

---------------- How to get your own CFV via email --------------------

How to vote using email.  It's VERY important that you follow these
directions EXACTLY!

1.  Open a NEW mail message and address it to:
[email-masked]

2.  Under the Subject put: request cfv

3.  For the BODY of the message : leave blank

4.  Then send your mail message off.

This will request your own personal copy of the CFV delivered right to
your own mailbox.  It may take a day or so (I requested mine yesterday
afternoon and received it this morning) before you receive it.  Look
in your mailbox for an incoming message with the following subject:

copy of CFV: "sci.agriculture.{poultry,ratites}" proposal

When you GET this email message do the following:

1.  Open the email message.  

2.  Take the time to READ the entire thing, word for word.  This will
save yourself headaches and possibly an invalid vote.

3.  Now it's time to send in your vote.  At this point there are two
options:

        a) if you have the option of including the mail text when you
reply, then just reply.  If you use the reply option, you need to
DELETE everything except for the ballot.  There are lines before and
after the ballot specifically SAYING to delete everything before this
line and after the other.

        b) Otherwise, read down until you find the actual ballot, and
highlight it, then copy it and paste it into a new mail message

4.  You should now have a mail message up on the screen, with the
ballot part in the body.  

5.  Make SURE that you change WHO the message is being sent to, it
SHOULD be sent to:

    [email-masked]

6.  Now in the ballot, look for a place that says: Voter Name:  It's
kind of hidden so you might have to search for it.  In that place, you
need to type in your name.

7.  Now between the [ and the ] is where you need to type in your
vote. Valid votes are: YES, NO, ABSTAIN and CANCEL.  There are two
newsgroups, please indicate your vote for BOTH newsgroups.  You can
vote differently for both if you would like.  After typing in your
vote for both the newsgroups between the [ and the ], then it's time
to send in your vote.  Before hitting that send button, double check
to make sure of the following: 

        a)  Mail message is addressed to:   [email-masked] b)
         You have ONLY the ballot in the main body c)  You've typed in
         your name d) You voted to both newsgroups  e)  You've typed
         in your vote between the [ and the ] 

8.  After you've double-checked these 5 things, then go ahead and send
off your vote.  You should receive a confirmation of your vote within
a few days through email.  If you do not receive it within say 4 days
(allow for some netlag), I would try repeating your steps again.  If
they received your first vote, and get a second one.  The first one is
thrown out and the second one is kept (so placing two votes from the
same email account doesn't work).