Subject: Re: tobacco smoke

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 00:54:00 GMT

----- Original Message follows -----
   Hello Beekeepers,

     This is a list of the "inert" ingredients added to tobacco. The
     list is of course put out by the anti tobacco lobby but before
     you take sides please read the list. Yes HONEY and BEESWAX are
     on the list as they have for many generations been used to cure
     and flavor the devils weed. You should also note that all most
     all the "essential oils" are also used by the tobacco industry.

     "Inert" ingredients are considered to be the proprietary secret
     things all most all manufactures add to their products in minuscule
     amounts to make them different (or sometimes to make them work) and
     most of them are only if listed on the label as "inert" and not by
     name. The buyer is protected because of the small amounts added to
     what ever it is you buy bee it food or paint. Many of the inert
     ingredients by themselves are deadly but in small amounts are
     not, like the artificial sugars that we Americans consume more
     pounds of each year then we do Honey, all can be deadly in the
     pure form. Yes, foods do have inert ingredients added such as the
     shine on those red apples that can be pure beeswax or other waxes.
     In California the retailers should have a sign displayed someplace
     that the consumer can read to find out what inert's were added to
     the fresh fruit and vegetables on sale in that store as it is not
     practicable to label each apple or any single fruit or vegetable.

                               ttul Andy-

     BTW If you ever eat ice cream and have read enough of the labels on
     the carton you will find that this list contains almost all of
     the flavoring and additives that are added to tobacco. Some of the
     dangerous sounding chemical names are only the man made chemical
     replacements for the natural essential oils.

     "Don't Smoke it's hard to stop and very expensive and you will
     die, sooner or later and ruin lots of bee veils between now and
     then."

   *OLd Drone's Anti Smoking Campaign*    Donations appreciated!
  Not connected with any other group, or government agency, 100%
  deductible, (from your account to mine) Tax Free (we don't pay none)
    _________________________________________________________________

                          DO YOU WANT TO SMOKE THIS?
                  (or do you want any of this in your Honey?)

  The 599 Ingredients Added to Tobacco in the Manufacture of Cigarettes by the
  Five Major American Cigarette Companies:

   Acetanisole, Acetic Acid, Acetoin, Acetophenone,
   6-Acetoxydihydrotheaspirane, 2-Acetyl-3- Ethylpyrazine,
   2-Acetyl-5-Methylfuran, Acetylpyrazine, 2-Acetylpyridine,
   3-Acetylpyridine, 2-Acetylthiazole, Aconitic Acid, dl-Alanine, Alfalfa
   Extract, Allspice Extract, Oleoresin, And Oil, Allyl Hexanoate, Allyl
   Ionone, Almond Bitter Oil, Ambergris Tincture, Ammonia, Ammonium
   Bicarbonate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Ammonium Phosphate Dibasic, Ammonium
   Sulfide, Amyl Alcohol, Amyl Butyrate, Amyl Formate, Amyl Octanoate,
   alpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde, Amyris Oil, trans-Anethole, Angelica Root
   Extract, Oil and Seed Oil, Anise, Anise Star, Extract and Oils, Anisyl
   Acetate, Anisyl Alcohol, Anisyl Formate, Anisyl Phenylacetate, Apple
   Juice Concentrate, Extract, and Skins, Apricot Extract and Juice
   Concentrate, 1-Arginine, Asafetida Fluid Extract And Oil, Ascorbic
   Acid, 1-Asparagine Monohydrate, 1-Aspartic Acid, Balsam Peru and Oil,
 * Basil Oil, Bay Leaf, Oil and Sweet Oil, Beeswax White, Beet Juice
   Concentrate, Benzaldehyde, Benzaldehyde Glyceryl Acetal, Benzoic Acid,
   Benzoin, Benzoin Resin, Benzophenone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate,
   Benzyl Butyrate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Propionate, Benzyl
   Salicylate, Bergamot Oil, Bisabolene, Black Currant Buds Absolute,
   Borneol, Bornyl Acetate, Buchu Leaf Oil, 1,3-Butanediol,
   2,3-Butanedione, 1-Butanol, 2-Butanone,
   4(2-Butenylidene)-3,5,5-Trimethyl-2-Cyclohexen-1-One, Butter, Butter
   Esters, and Butter Oil, Butyl Acetate, Butyl Butyrate, Butyl Butyryl
   Lactate, Butyl Isovalerate, Butyl Phenylacetate, Butyl Undecylenate,
   3-Butylidenephthalide, Butyric Acid, Cadinene, Caffeine, Calcium
   Carbonate, Camphene, Cananga Oil, Capsicum Oleoresin, Caramel Color,
   Caraway Oil, Carbon Dioxide, Cardamom Oleoresin, Extract, Seed Oil,
   and Powder, Carob Bean and Extract, beta-Carotene, Carrot Oil,
   Carvacrol, 4-Carvomenthenol, 1-Carvone, beta-Caryophyllene,
   beta-Caryophyllene Oxide, Cascarilla Oil and Bark Extract, Cassia Bark
   Oil, Cassie Absolute and Oil, Castoreum Extract, Tincture and
   Absolute, Cedar Leaf Oil, Cedarwood Oil Terpenes and Virginiana,
   Cedrol, Celery Seed Extract, Solid, Oil, And Oleoresin, Cellulose
   Fiber, Chamomile Flower Oil And Extract, Chicory Extract, Chocolate,
   Cinnamaldehyde, Cinnamic Acid, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Bark Oil, and
   Extract, Cinnamyl Acetate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Cinnamyl Cinnamate,
   Cinnamyl Isovalerate, Cinnamyl Propionate, Citral, Citric Acid,
   Citronella Oil, dl-Citronellol, Citronellyl Butyrate, Citronellyl
   Isobutyrate, Civet Absolute, Clary Oil, Clover Tops, Red Solid
   Extract, Cocoa, Cocoa Shells, Extract, Distillate And Powder, Coconut
   Oil, Coffee, Cognac White and Green Oil, Copaiba Oil, Coriander
   Extract and Oil, Corn Oil, Corn Silk, Costus Root Oil, Cubeb Oil,
   Cuminaldehyde, para-Cymene, 1-Cysteine, Dandelion Root Solid Extract,
   Davana Oil, 2-trans, 4-trans-Decadienal, delta-Decalactone,
   gamma-Decalactone, Decanal, Decanoic Acid, 1-Decanol, 2-Decenal,
   Dehydromenthofurolactone, Diethyl Malonate, Diethyl Sebacate,
   2,3-Diethylpyrazine, Dihydro Anethole,
   5,7-Dihydro-2-Methylthieno(3,4-D) Pyrimidine, Dill Seed Oil and
   Extract, meta-Dimethoxybenzene, para-Dimethoxybenzene,
   2,6-Dimethoxyphenol, Dimethyl Succinate,
   3,4-Dimethyl-1,2-Cyclopentanedione, 3,5-
   Dimethyl-1,2-Cyclopentanedione, 3,7-Dimethyl-1,3,6-Octatriene,
   4,5-Dimethyl-3-Hydroxy-2,5-Dihydrofuran-2-One,
   6,10-Dimethyl-5,9-Undecadien-2-One, 3,7-Dimethyl-6-Octenoic Acid,
   2,4-Dimethylacetophenone, alpha,para-Dimethylbenzyl Alcohol,
   alpha,alpha-Dimethylphenethyl Acetate, alpha,alpha Dimethylphenethyl
   Butyrate, 2,3-Dimethylpyrazine,2,5-Dimethylpyrazine,
   2,6-Dimethylpyrazine, Dimethyltetrahydrobenzofuranone,
   delta-Dodecalactone, gamma-Dodecalactone, para-Ethoxybenzaldehyde,
   Ethyl 10-Undecenoate, Ethyl 2-Methylbutyrate, Ethyl Acetate, Ethyl
   Acetoacetate, Ethyl Alcohol, Ethyl Benzoate, Ethyl Butyrate, Ethyl
   Cinnamate, Ethyl Decanoate, Ethyl Fenchol, Ethyl Furoate, Ethyl
   Heptanoate, Ethyl Hexanoate, Ethyl Isovalerate, Ethyl Lactate, Ethyl
   Laurate, Ethyl Levulinate, Ethyl Maltol, Ethyl Methyl Phenylglycidate,
   Ethyl Myristate, Ethyl Nonanoate, Ethyl Octadecanoate, Ethyl
   Octanoate, Ethyl Oleate, Ethyl Palmitate, Ethyl Phenylacetate, Ethyl
   Propionate, Ethyl Salicylate, Ethyl trans-2-Butenoate, Ethyl Valerate,
   Ethyl Vanillin, 2-Ethyl (or Methyl)-(3,5 and 6)-Methoxypyrazine,
   2-Ethyl-1-Hexanol, 3-Ethyl -2 -Hydroxy-2-Cyclopenten-1-One, 2-Ethyl-3,
   (5 or 6)-Dimethylpyrazine, 5-Ethyl-3-Hydroxy-4-Methyl-2(5H)-Furanone,
   2-Ethyl-3-Methylpyrazine, 4-Ethylbenzaldehyde, 4-Ethylguaiacol,
   para-Ethylphenol, 3-Ethylpyridine, Eucalyptol, Farnesol, D-Fenchone,
   Fennel Sweet Oil, Fenugreek, Extract, Resin, and Absolute, Fig Juice
   Concentrate, Food Starch Modified, Furfuryl Mercaptan,
   4-(2-Furyl)-3-Buten-2-One, Galbanum Oil, Genet Absolute, Gentian Root
   Extract, Geraniol, Geranium Rose Oil, Geranyl Acetate, Geranyl
   Butyrate, Geranyl Formate, Geranyl Isovalerate, Geranyl Phenylacetate,
   Ginger Oil and Oleoresin, 1-Glutamic Acid, 1-Glutamine, Glycerol,
   Glycyrrhizin Ammoniated, Grape Juice Concentrate, Guaiac Wood Oil,
   Guaiacol, Guar Gum, 2,4-Heptadienal, gamma-Heptalactone, Heptanoic
   Acid, 2-Heptanone, 3-Hepten-2-One, 2-Hepten-4-One, 4-Heptenal, trans
   -2-Heptenal, Heptyl Acetate, omega-6-Hexadecenlactone,
   gamma-Hexalactone, Hexanal, Hexanoic Acid, 2-Hexen-1-Ol, 3-Hexen-1-Ol,
   cis-3-Hexen-1-Yl Acetate, 2-Hexenal, 3-Hexenoic Acid, trans-2-Hexenoic
   Acid, cis-3-Hexenyl Formate, Hexyl 2-Methylbutyrate, Hexyl Acetate,
 * Hexyl Alcohol, Hexyl Phenylacetate, 1-Histidine, Honey, Hops Oil,
   Hydrolyzed Milk Solids, Hydrolyzed Plant Proteins,
   5-Hydroxy-2,4-Decadienoic Acid delta- Lactone,
   4-Hydroxy-2,5-Dimethyl-3(2H)-Furanone,
   2-Hydroxy-3,5,5-Trimethyl-2-Cyclohexen-1-One, 4-Hydroxy -3-Pentenoic
   Acid Lactone, 2-Hydroxy-4-Methylbenzaldehyde, 4-Hydroxybutanoic Acid
   Lactone, Hydroxycitronellal, 6-Hydroxydihydrotheaspirane,
   4-(para-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-Butanone, Hyssop Oil, Immortelle Absolute and
   Extract, alpha-Ionone, beta-Ionone, alpha-Irone, Isoamyl Acetate,
   Isoamyl Benzoate, Isoamyl Butyrate, Isoamyl Cinnamate, Isoamyl
   Formate, Isoamyl
   Hexanoate, Isoamyl Isovalerate, Isoamyl Octanoate, Isoamyl
   Phenylacetate, Isobornyl Acetate, Isobutyl Acetate, Isobutyl Alcohol,
   Isobutyl Cinnamate, Isobutyl Phenylacetate, Isobutyl Salicylate,
   2-Isobutyl-3-Methoxypyrazine, alpha-Isobutylphenethyl Alcohol,
   Isobutyraldehyde, Isobutyric Acid, d,l-Isoleucine,
   alpha-Isomethylionone, 2-Isopropylphenol, Isovaleric Acid, Jasmine
   Absolute, Concrete and Oil, Kola Nut Extract, Labdanum Absolute and
   Oleoresin, Lactic Acid, Lauric Acid, Lauric Aldehyde, Lavandin Oil,
   Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil and Extract, Lemongrass Oil, 1-Leucine,
   Levulinic Acid, Licorice Root, Fluid, Extract and Powder, Lime Oil ,
   Linalool, Linalool Oxide, Linalyl Acetate, Linden Flowers, Lovage Oil
   And Extract, 1-Lysine, Mace Powder, Extract and Oil , Magnesium
   Carbonate, Malic Acid, Malt and Malt Extract, Maltodextrin, Maltol,
   Maltyl Isobutyrate, Mandarin Oil, Maple Syrup and Concentrate, Mate
*  Leaf, Absolute and Oil, para-Mentha-8-Thiol-3-One, Menthol, Menthone,
   Menthyl Acetate, dl-Methionine, Methoprene, 2-Methoxy-4-Methylphenol,
   2-Methoxy-4-Vinylphenol, para-Methoxybenzaldehyde,
   1-(para-Methoxyphenyl)-1-Penten-3-One,
   4-(para-Methoxyphenyl)-2-Butanone, 1-(para-Methoxyphenyl)-2-Propanone,
   Methoxypyrazine, Methyl 2-Furoate, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Methyl
   2-Pyrrolyl Ketone, Methyl Anisate, Methyl Anthranilate, Methyl
   Benzoate, Methyl Cinnamate, Methyl Dihydrojasmonate, Methyl Ester of
   Rosin, Partially Hydrogenated, Methyl Isovalerate, Methyl Linoleate
   (48%), Methyl Linolenate (52%) Mixture, Methyl Naphthyl Ketone, Methyl
   Nicotinate, Methyl Phenylacetate, Methyl Salicylate, Methyl Sulfide,
   3-Methyl-1-Cyclopentadecanone, 4-Methyl-1-Phenyl-2-Pentanone,
   5-Methyl-2-Phenyl-2-Hexenal, 5-Methyl-2-Thiophenecarboxaldehyde,
   6-Methyl-3,-5-Heptadien-2-One, 2-Methyl-3-(para-Isopropylphenyl)
   Propionaldehyde, 5-Methyl-3-Hexen-2-One,
   1-Methyl-3Methoxy-4-Isopropylbenzene, 4-Methyl-3-Pentene-2-One,
   2-Methyl-4-Phenylbutyraldehyde, 6-Methyl-5-Hepten-2-One,
   4-Methyl-5-Thiazoleethanol, 4-Methyl-5-Vinylthiazole,
   Methyl-alpha-Ionone, Methyl-trans-2-Butenoic Acid,
   4-Methylacetophenone, para-Methylanisole, alpha-Methylbenzyl Acetate,
   alpha-Methylbenzyl Alcohol, 2-Methylbutyraldehyde,
   3-Methylbutyraldehyde, 2-Methylbutyric Acid,
   alpha-Methylcinnamaldehyde, Methylcyclopentenolone, 2-Methylheptanoic
   Acid, 2-Methylhexanoic Acid, 3-Methylpentanoic Acid, 4-Methylpentanoic
   Acid, 2-Methylpyrazine, 5-Methylquinoxaline,
   2-Methyltetrahydrofuran-3-One, (Methylthio)Methylpyrazine (Mixture Of
   Isomers), 3-Methylthiopropionaldehyde, Methyl 3-Methylthiopropionate,
   2-Methylvaleric Acid, Mimosa Absolute and Extract, Molasses Extract
   and Tincture, Mountain Maple Solid Extract, Mullein Flowers,
   Myristaldehyde, Myristic Acid, Myrrh Oil, beta-Napthyl Ethyl Ether,
   Nerol, Neroli Bigarde Oil, Nerolidol, Nona-2-trans,6-cis-Dienal,
   2,6-Nonadien-1-Ol, gamma-Nonalactone, Nonanal, Nonanoic Acid,
   Nonanone, trans-2-Nonen-1-Ol, 2-Nonenal, Nonyl Acetate, Nutmeg Powder
   and Oil, Oak Chips Extract and Oil, Oak Moss Absolute,
   9,12-Octadecadienoic Acid (48%) And 9,12,15-Octadecatrienoic Acid
   (52%), delta-Octalactone, gamma-Octalactone, Octanal, Octanoic Acid,
   1-Octanol, 2-Octanone, 3-Octen-2-One, 1-Octen-3-Ol, 1-Octen-3-Yl
   Acetate, 2-Octenal, Octyl Isobutyrate, Oleic Acid , Olibanum Oil,
   Opoponax Oil And Gum, Orange Blossoms Water, Absolute, and Leaf
   Absolute, Orange Oil and Extract, Origanum Oil, Orris Concrete Oil and
   Root Extract, Palmarosa Oil, Palmitic Acid, Parsley Seed Oil,
   Patchouli Oil, omega-Pentadecalactone, 2,3-Pentanedione, 2-Pentanone,
   4-Pentenoic Acid, 2-Pentylpyridine, Pepper Oil, Black And White,
   Peppermint Oil, Peruvian (Bois De Rose) Oil, Petitgrain Absolute,
   Mandarin Oil and Terpeneless Oil, alpha-Phellandrene, 2-Phenenthyl
   Acetate, Phenenthyl Alcohol, Phenethyl Butyrate, Phenethyl Cinnamate,
   Phenethyl Isobutyrate, Phenethyl Isovalerate, Phenethyl Phenylacetate,
   Phenethyl Salicylate, 1-Phenyl-1-Propanol, 3-Phenyl-1-Propanol,
   2-Phenyl-2-Butenal, 4-Phenyl-3-Buten-2-Ol, 4-Phenyl-3-Buten-2-One,
   Phenylacetaldehyde, Phenylacetic Acid, 1-Phenylalanine,
   3-Phenylpropionaldehyde, 3-Phenylpropionic Acid, 3-Phenylpropyl
   Acetate, 3-Phenylpropyl Cinnamate, 2-(3-Phenylpropyl)Tetrahydrofuran,
   Phosphoric Acid, Pimenta Leaf Oil, Pine Needle Oil, Pine Oil, Scotch,
   Pineapple Juice Concentrate, alpha-Pinene, beta-Pinene, D-Piperitone,
   Piperonal, Pipsissewa Leaf Extract, Plum Juice, Potassium Sorbate,
   1-Proline, Propenylguaethol, Propionic Acid, Propyl Acetate, Propyl
   para-Hydroxybenzoate, Propylene Glycol, 3-Propylidenephthalide, Prune
   Juice and Concentrate, Pyridine, Pyroligneous Acid And Extract,
   Pyrrole, Pyruvic Acid, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Rhodinol, Rose
   Absolute and Oil, Rosemary Oil, Rum, Rum Ether, Rye Extract, Sage,
   Sage Oil, and Sage Oleoresin, Salicylaldehyde, Sandalwood Oil, Yellow,
   Sclareolide, Skatole, Smoke Flavor, Snakeroot Oil, Sodium Acetate,
   Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium
   Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Solanone, Spearmint Oil,
   Styrax Extract, Gum and Oil, Sucrose Octaacetate, Sugar Alcohols,
   Sugars, Tagetes Oil, Tannic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Tea Leaf and
   Absolute, alpha-Terpineol, Terpinolene, Terpinyl Acetate,
   5,6,7,8-Tetrahydroquinoxaline,
   1,5,5,9-Tetramethyl-13-Oxatricyclo(8.3.0.0(4,9))Tridecane, 2,3,4,5,
   and 3,4,5,6-Tetramethylethyl-Cyclohexanone,
   2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Thiazole,
*  1-Threonine, Thyme Oil, White and Red, Thymol, Tobacco Extracts,
   Tochopherols (mixed), Tolu Balsam Gum and Extract, Tolualdehydes,
   para-Tolyl 3-Methylbutyrate, para-Tolyl Acetaldehyde, para-Tolyl
   Acetate, para-Tolyl Isobutyrate, para-Tolyl Phenylacetate, Triacetin,
   2-Tridecanone, 2-Tridecenal, Triethyl Citrate, 3,5,5-Trimethyl
   -1-Hexanol, para,alpha,alpha-Trimethylbenzyl Alcohol,
   4-(2,6,6-Trimethylcyclohex-1-Enyl)But-2-En-4-One,
   2,6,6-Trimethylcyclohex-2-Ene-1,4-Dione,
   2,6,6-Trimethylcyclohexa-1,3-Dienyl Methan,
   4-(2,6,6-Trimethylcyclohexa-1,3-Dienyl)But-2-En-4-One,
   2,2,6-Trimethylcyclohexanone, 2,3,5-Trimethylpyrazine, 1-Tyrosine,
   delta-Undercalactone, gamma-Undecalactone, Undecanal, 2-Undecanone,
   10-Undecenal, Urea, Valencene, Valeraldehyde, Valerian Root Extract,
   Oil and Powder, Valeric Acid, gamma-Valerolactone, Valine, Vanilla
   Extract And Oleoresin, Vanillin, Veratraldehyde, Vetiver Oil, Vinegar,
   Violet Leaf Absolute, Walnut Hull Extract, Water, Wheat Extract And
   Flour, Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Wine and Wine Sherry, Xanthan Gum,
   3,4-Xylenol, Yeast

Public Information stolen from the Tobacco Alternative Home Page

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ "Where there are fruits & nuts, there are beekeepers"