Subject: Brother Adam's Books

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 18:31:15 -0400

I read Brother Adams obit in THE NEW YORK TIMES yesterday, where the
titles of his books was listed.  Can anyone suggest where I might find
these books.  I live in New York City, but my local library doesn't
carry any of them.
Thank you,
Fiona

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 6 Sep 96 13:21:34 GMT

>these books.  I live in New York City, but my local library doesn't

Most academic libraries and many public libraries have a service called
'Interlibrary Loan' (in the USA).  You should go to the information
desk at your library (or call them) and ask about this service.
Interlibrary loan makes it possible for people to check out books from
other libraries (the books get sent to your local library).  It's worth
calling and asking about this service.  I used to use Interlibrary Loan
a lot.

Good luck!

Chris N.
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Joel Govostes)
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 1996 07:17:29 -0500

> these books.  I live in New York City, but my local library doesn't

the titles are BEEKEEPING AT BUCKFAST ABBEY,  IN SEARCH OF THE (BEST)
STRAINS OF BEES, and BREEDING THE HONEYBEE; at least as I recall.  There
is a biography, recently published, written by a woman who did some work
with him, describing his lifetime of work and the bee-farm run by the
Abbey.  Sorry, but I can't remember the title; perhaps one of our British
friends can provide it.

THe BBC video, "The Monk and the Honeybee" is excellent and worth locating.

From Tim [email-masked] Sat Sep 14 11:37:24 EDT 1996
Article: 5454 of sci.agriculture.beekeeping
Path: newz.oit.unc.edu!news_server.cs.unc.edu!news-server.ncren.net!interpath!news.interpath.net!news.sprintlink.net!news-fw-22.sprintlink.net!news.sprintlink.net!news-ana-7.sprintlink.net!news.sprintlink.net!new-news.sprintlink.net!howland.erols.net!cam-news-hub1.bbnplanet.com!news.mathworks.com!tank.news.pipex.net!pipex!usenet2.news.uk.psi.net!uknet!usenet1.news.uk.psi.net!uknet!dispatch.news.demon.net!demon!tdale.demon.co.uk
From: "Tim Dale" <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: sci.agriculture.beekeeping
Subject: Making Mead - Beginner
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 1996 10:53:37 GMT
Lines: 13
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Tim Dale" <Tim [email-masked]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: tdale.demon.co.uk
X-NNTP-Posting-Host: tdale.demon.co.uk
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1155

Help.....
I've spent hours searching for a 'How to make mead' tutorial.

I know there are lot of different ways of making it and I have a multitude
of recipes - but what I really need is a basic list of the equipment and
a step-by-step guide to making mead.

ALSO... Does anyone have a recipe for beeswax or honey handcream
that I can store i.e. doesn't contain eggs etc.

Can anyone help please?
-- 
Virgin meadmaker

---

From: [email-masked] (PMIZEN)
Date: 9 Sep 1996 17:12:41 -0400

The other Brother Adam book referred to is FOR THE LOVE OF BEES by LESLEY
BILL ref ISBN 0-7153-9261-1. Any of the books by or about Brother Adam can
be purchased at BEE BOOKS NEW AND OLD,TAPPINGWALL FARM, BURROWBRIDGE,
SOMERSET, ENGLAND.
Philip Mizen

---

From: [email-masked] (Jack)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:06:23 GMT

>THe BBC video, "The Monk and the Honeybee" is excellent and worth locating.
************************************************************
I have 2 copies of BEEKEEPING AT BUCKFAST ABBY which I purchased at
Buckfast Abby while visiting there.  One is soft cover, the other
hardback which I will sell.  Both in excellent unused condition.
Reply if interested.

Thanks,
Jack