Subject: Bees in the greenhouse

From: [email-masked] (Robert Inget)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 21:38:13

I have been using honey bees in my greenhouse, Here is how, cut hole in 
plastic place hive with entrance faceing outside. Turn super around so its 
entrance faces into the greenhouse. Staple the plastic back on the box so it 
is tight and wait. Bumble bees are forever! 
BerryBob

---

From: [email-masked] (Joel Govostes)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 07:07:10 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Robert  Inget)

> is tight and wait. Bumble bees are forever! 

I am interested in the idea of honeybees in greenhouses, such as for
curcubit pollination. Evidently it was pretty common years ago.  I don't
quite understand your description of situating the hive, tho'.  Is the
hive inside or outside the greenhouse?  What do you mean by entrance of
the super?  Are the losses of foragers heavy, and how long do you leave
this arrangement?  Thanks Bob,              Joel          (Are you
utilizing bumble bees too?)