Subject: Bee sting relief?

From: [email-masked] (gmt)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 95 13:10:48 GMT

A friend, who spends a lot of time working outdoors
has given me a newspaper cutting containing a letter 
describing a bee-sting cure.  The writer appears to live in Canada.

The cutting recommends a dilution of one teaspoon of meat 
tenderiser in (about) 50 ml of water. When dabbed on the sting 
the writer claims the solution will eliminate pain and swelling, and
maintain heartbeat and breathing at an ordinary level.

The meat tenderiser used by the writer (Adolf's instant
meat tenderizer - not a product I've seen in England) contains -
salt, sugar, tricalcium phosphate, papain and hydrogenated 
soybean oil.  The tenderizer from my frind's kitchen does not 
contain tricalcium phosphate.  She is eager to try this wonder
cure for beestings and would like to know:

1) if anyone can suggest how it might work
2) if the tricacium phosphate would be an important ingredient as 
   a beesting cure

I would like to know 
3) Are Canadian beestings likely to be of a similar severity to
   British beestings?  

Any comments?

Thanks

Jill Tardivel