Subject: Bee Pollen

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Sep 1996 15:21:50 GMT

Has anyone had success with using a Pollen Box installed at the entrance? 
 Also, how long do you keep the Pollen trap in place, I do not want to 
rob the Bees of essential pollen

---

From: Paul Cauthorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 22:02:31 -0700

This doesn't answer your questions, but this is my experience with
pollen traps.  

I started using pollen traps this year.  The ones I'm using were made by
an older beekeeper.  These are the kind that act as a bottom board with
two entrances, one that causes the bee to go through the trap and the
other one allows the bee to go directly into the hive.  They work very
well.  

They do allow a great place for wax moths to hide and breed.  I'm
thinking I might swap them out for standard hive bottoms for the winter.

I'd be very interested in hearing about the entrance collectors.  If you
know of any plans for these, please let me know.

> rob the Bees of essential pollen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                Paul Cauthorn           [email-masked]
                                 ---
More heinous crimes are committed in the name of obedience than in the
                   name of rebellion.   -C.P. Snow