Subject: Re: Packaged Bees

From: [email-masked] (Charla McGuire)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:05:51 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked](Steven Douglas Stuff) wrote:

>    I live in central Illinois and am looking for a good 
>    source to order a few packaged bees from.  I have not
>    had very good luck over the past couple of years getting
>    live packages through the U.S. mail.
> 
>    I would appreciate any help given.   
> 
>    Steve   -     stuffsd.ix.netcom.com

Hi Steve,

Where in Central Il. are you from? I live in the country South of
Springfield, near Taylorville. I've been searching the net for info &
sources (I'm just thinking of getting into beekeeping...always been
facinated by the little critters!) Anyway, you might try:  Dadant & Sons,
51 S. 2nd St., Hamilton, IL 62341. I saw it mentioned as a reliable
supplier on several Beekeeping Web Pages and they are fairly close to
home. ( North of Quincy, just across the river from Keokuk, Iowa) Hope
this helps you out...Good Luck!

Charla