Subject: Bee Theft - $1,000 Reward

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 22 Aug 1996 12:04:47 -0400

A reward of $1,000 is offered for information leading to the arrest
and conviction of the thief who took 31 hives from a Lee County, SC bee
yard, this past week.
  
     The bees all had black plastic division board feeders in the brood
chamber, excluders, and all had 1-2 shallow supers full of honey.  The
covers were all home-made cypress.  They were definitely too heavy to be
taken by one person working alone.  "This was not an amateur job."  says
owner Huck Babcock, who is offering the reward. "The bees were taken
during the night, as there were no field bees left, and the yard was out
of sight of the road.

    Anyone with any info, please call Huck at  803-796-8988

[email-masked]    Dave Green,  PO Box 1200,  Hemingway,  SC
29554

Practical Pollination Home Page            Dave & Janice Green
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

---

From: Jon Camp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 00:50:35 GMT

I hate to say it, but what "goes around, comes around".  If the 
owner is the same person I think it is; aka Blue Ridge Apiaries, 
he has left a lot of people holding the bag, as past postings to 
this newsgroup will attest.  I can only hope that the colonies in 
question have found good homes.  Maybe a group of ripped off 
hobbyists got together and drove down to SC in the middle of the 
night and...

       as John Lennon said: "instant karma's gonna get you"

                        JC @ SCA in NH

---

From: spiderlily <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Aug 1996 21:30:42 GMT

>       as John Lennon said: "instant karma's gonna get you"

Couldn't agree with you more.

Agni Bhaktarama

Carbonaria Honey Farm
Madhya Pradesh, India

---------------------------------------------------------------------
      .---.        .----------- 
     /     \  __  /    ------  
    / /     \(  )/    -----   
   //////   ' \/ `   ---	
  //// / // :    : ---	      What is mind?
 // /   /  /`    '--	       No matter.
//          //..\\	        What is matter?
       ====UU====UU====	         Never mind.
           '//||\\`				-Rev. Mahinda
             ''``
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 25 Aug 1996 19:40:51 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, Jon Camp <[email-masked]>
writes:

>Subject:	Re: Bee Theft  -  $1,000 Reward
>From:	Jon Camp <[email-masked]>
>Date:	Sun, 25 Aug 1996 00:50:35 GMT
>

    There are legitimate ways to deal with your complaints, and I
encourage you to do so.
 
    However, the point is that there is a serious bee thief active right
now.  Do you want him (or her) to visit YOUR apiary?  When something is in
short supply, it is more valuable, and more susceptible to thievery.

   (I'm trying to get around to all my bees ASAP.  -Hope I don't have
another theft to post.)

[email-masked]                                   Dave and Janice Green
Practical Pollination Home Page    
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html  
PO Box 1200, Hemingway, SC    29554