Subject: Bee Propolis

From: Beehive Botanicals <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Mar 1996 14:05:20 GMT

Dear Beekeepers,

Our company, Beehive Botanicals, Inc. has been in business for over 25 
years with the main purpose to collect, refine, and market bee propolis.

Over the past year there has been a great increase in the demand for 
propolis.  Much of this demand is not in the USA, but comes from the 
International market.

I write to you today to start a discussion on the topic of bee propolis. 
I am trying to gather the following information:

How many total beehives are there in the USA and in Canada?  

How much propolis is available from these hives?

How many beekeepers are currently collecting and then selling propolis 
>from  their hives?  Are you selling directly to consumers or sending to 
companies like ourselves?

For those beekeepers that are not currently saving propolis for re-sale, 
how much would they have to get ($$$) to encourage them to do so?

This is just the start of what I hope will be an interesting discussion 
for us all.  Please feel free to contact me with your own questions on 
bee propolis.

Thanks for your response.

Linda Graham