Subject: HOST FARMS NEEDED

From: [email-masked] (Lauren Augusta)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 03:23:30 GMT

MESA, a non-profit, USIA-designated international exchange
organization, is now interviewing sustainable/organic growers, ag.
extension agents and CSAs willing to host young international farmers.
seeking live/work positions on your farm/facility for six months or
one year . MESA's Russian, Lithuanian, Honduran and Guatemalan
candidates are agriculturally skilled and want to improve their
knowledge in sustainable practices, thus promoting eco-farming around
the world.  
We are currently seeking  host farms in the Western region of the
U.S., but would welcome inquiries from anywhere in the U.S. Host farms
provide room, board and a $675/month program fee (or $800/month w/room
only) and get a very reliable and enthusiastic individual working
full-time on your farm!  MESA  provides the international farmers with
$300/month stipends, health insurance, educational seminars, J-1
visas, domestic travel and administrative support. Host farms have no
payroll taxes or legal documentation concerns. 
 
We have 4 openings left, and we must secure placements for these
international farmers ASAP!  If you could directly benefit from this
international farmers exchange , or wish  to share your knowledge with
others from around the world,  we would appreciate hearing from you.
If you know a farm that might work for these present applicants, or
other applicants in the future, kindly share this information with
them or e-mail information to MESA so that we might contact them.

 If you would like to receive specific information about any of the
current applicants, please send  a brief introduction with your full
address and telephone #, or contact:  
 
Lauren Augusta, Executive Director  
>MESA - Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture 
>5337 College Ave., ste. #508  
>Oakland, CA 94618  
>(510)654-8858  
>email: [email-masked]  

Thanks in advance for your help