Subject: Bored bees.

From: Marc Andelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 10:19:21 -0800

Hi.  What can one do to help your bees fight 
winter boredom. I think that is the real reason
they die off in the winter.  How about 
piping in cable TV to them?

Regards,
Marc Andelman

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 10 Dec 1996 21:16:02 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>piping in cable TV to them?

Hey, maybe they aren't bored--maybe they are *overstimulated* in their
cluster. Some soothing new-age music might calm them down. 

Adam

-- 
_________________
Adam Finkelstein                    
[email-masked]
http://sunsite.unc.edu/bees/adamf/home.html

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Purcell)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 22:25:35 GMT

>piping in cable TV to them?

You should give the real young bees mittens and boots and a good snow
suit. Give them a few sleds and let them go out and play in the snow
like all young folks do. The older bees should have computers, so they
can spend the long winter days of confinement learning a programming
language. That should keep them from being bored, and I bet you won't
lose a hive!
--
Michael Purcell
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Joel Govostes)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 14:32:58 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

> >piping in cable TV to them?

So all those dead bees in the snow, the kamikazes, they just got so bored
they couldn't take it anymore?  I feel bad now, and I'll have to find some
interesting diversion to occupy their time.  Maybe some funny wasp and ant
movies.  The cable TV is good idea - they can watch the gardening shows,
too. Some music with subliminal work messages wouldn't be a bad idea,
either.

---

From: dvisrael <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:31:56 -0600

> language. That should keep them from being bored, and I bet you won't
Maybe they die because their blood sugar goes way up during periods of
inactivity.