Subject: Miller Wood Products????

From: Paul Cauthorn <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Jul 1996 03:28:50 GMT

I'm planning on buying a bunch of new equipment for the coming 1997 honey 
season.  Does anyone have any experiece with the product quality available 
>from  Miller Wood Products? 

Please let me know:

 The grade you ordered

 What defects you experienced

 The quality of the customer service.

I appreciate all responses.  

Thanks,
Paul

---

From: [email-masked] (beeman at esoteric services)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 21:34:55 GMT

Paul Cauthorn ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I'm planning on buying a bunch of new equipment for the coming 1997 honey 
: season.  Does anyone have any experiece with the product quality available 
: from Miller Wood Products? 

: Please let me know:

:  The grade you ordered

:  What defects you experienced

:  The quality of the customer service.

: I appreciate all responses.  

: Thanks,
: Paul

    My first and only order to miller was for about$600.oo ( about 1 
pallet ) it was ordered in plenty of time for spring honey flow. then their
recommended trucking company decided to go on strike, so I thought I'd be 
patient. then the trucking co. lost my load for a while (CF) by the time I
received my hive bodies it was too late for spring. When the pallet was
finally received and opened, I discovered that the most of the hives had
no handles cut into them (at the time I thought: no big deal I was just 
happy to have my hives) then I discovered that the rabbit on the hives 
was cut too short, and that none of the frames (also ordered from miller)
would fit. letters and phone calls to miller were nothing more than a let 
down, they offered to send cleats for the handles, but I would have to 
pay the freight to send them back for re-cutting of the rabbits, (almost 
$200.00 there and back) if the rabbits were cut any deeper it would leave 
little more than an 1\8 inch sidewall (not much tolerance for rotting 
corners) to make a long story short, I wrote it off as a loss and would 
not do business with them again. the thing that burns me up is that they 
still have the nerve to send me catalogs. I won't be ordering any spotted 
owl grade kindeling from Oregon any time soon. ----beeman