Subject: E. Massachusetts Honey Producers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 00:52:07 GMT

I am presently preparing to produce/market a health product, one of
the primary ingredients of which is honey. I very much want to use
locally produced honey, and would like to compile a list of all
producers in Massachusetts in an area generally extending from route 2
as far west as the Connecticut River to, and including Essex County.
  Also, the original formula refers to "white" honey, a term I am not
familiar with. Does anyone know what this means? Does it mean White
Clover Honey? Please post all responses via Email to 
[email-masked]
 
 Thank you.

J.C. Richards

---

From: [email-masked] (Joel Govostes)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 14:37:50 -0500

> Clover Honey? Please post all responses via Email to 

Hi!  Here's a tip -- contact one of the most active beekeeper's clubs
around. It's the Essex County Beekeepers' Association.  You can get info
on them from Essex Agricultural and Technical Institute,  I think that's
in Danvers; it is where the club has met over the years.  ANyway that
group has one of the BEST beekeeping displays in the country every year at
the TOPSFIELD FAIR, which should be coming up soon.  Make a point to
attend, it's really well done.  They would be your absolute best bet for
making the contacts you need.

Also you might try the Beekeepers' Warehouse, in Woburn, which is a supply
store, (in the phone book/yellow pages) or there are a number of other bee
clubs, notably the Middlesex County club and two or three down on the
Cape.

Good luck (I grew up in Woburn and was introduced to bees thru the Essex
club.)  I hope you have great success with your endeavors...   JWG