Subject: Out of sync with mite control

From: "Victor C. Rimkus" <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jul 1996 14:08:51 GMT

I discovered varroa mites in my hives last summer. I did not get 
apistan treatment in the hives until mid December. Since this treatment 
went in so late I did not treat this spring. Now I have lost 20% of my 
hives to mites and have started apistan treatment about mid July. (No 
honey this year due to drought). I can't see treating again in September 
but I'm affraid if I don't I will see losses next spring. I can 
understand the folly of not treating this spring. Is it the same folly to 
skip a consecutive treatment this fall?

Victor Rimkus, Albuquerque, NM
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Janet A. Katz)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 08:23:58 GMT

>skip a consecutive treatment this fall?

If you started treatment in mid-July, I can't see treating again
almost immediately after taking the strips off after 42 days. I would
think you shouldn't have to treat again until the spring.