Subject: where NOT to buy bees

From: [email-masked](_)
Date: 22 Apr 1996 02:50:51 GMT

In <[email-masked]> Ben Syversen <[email-masked]>
writes: 
>
>I am thinking about starting a hive or two of bees. I have read a lot 
>about it, and I know what kind of equipment is needed. I have a few 
>questions, though. Does anybody know what the best type of bee 
>supplyer/type is

Hi,

I can tell you DON'T BUY BEES FROM BLUE RIDGE APIARIES, THEY DON'T
DELIVER.

my horror story with blue ridge started last year.

they kept changing the ship dates and finally just quit answering the
pphone.

then a few months later they sent out letters claiming to have been
flooded...but promised to send out those of us who missed shippments
FIRST this year.

I was scheduled for shipment April 3 and confirmed a week before.

I verified address on file.

by April 8th no bees...called Blue Ridge and was told they were 10 days
behind.

April 13th came and went...called back again...they Claimed to have
left a message (I have an answering machine, no message) that they were
going to ship April 24th (now well over a year late)....

I told them that was not acceptable to send me my money (the year
before they just didn't answer the phone).

they promised to send it that day.

now a week later No Money and No Bees.

DON'T ORDER BEES FROM BLUE RIDGE APIARIES.