Subject: Subject: BEES

From: [email-masked] (Rupert Connelly)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 19:28:52 GMT

we are new bee keepers living in London. can any one help us with a possible
problem?
Every now and then, but at least once a day, up to 100 of our bees cluster on
the outside of the hive near the entrance. Why is this?

can anyone suggest any good news groups relevant to bee keeping in the UK?

thanks

chula & elaine
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Schlenker)
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 03:30:02 GMT

>the outside of the hive near the entrance. Why is this?

The bees will do that when I gets hot during the day....  It might help to put
another super on, but it's nothing to worry about.  

Jeff

====================================================
Jeff Schlenker                      [email-masked]
Hazel, South Dakota         http://daknet.com/~jeffs
====================================================