Subject: 1 gallon feeders

From: [email-masked] (WARSING)
Date: 5 Apr 1996 11:01:31 -0500

hello interested in any tips for 1 gallon glass jars used as
feeders..i.e.size of holes,if they must be level. any input on how to get
them to work well and safe .have concerns about the sugar water draining
on my bees

---

From: [email-masked] (BCDICKENS)
Date: 5 Apr 1996 19:34:06 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (WARSING)

>them to work well and safe .have concerns about the sugar water draining

The glass jars should be kept level.  Make sure to fill the jars to the
top to increase the suction.  You might also want to place a fine screen
over the top of the jar, this may help increase surface tension to avoid
allowing to much syrup to escape from the jar. I hope this helps. 

-----------------

"Woe to him inside a nonconformist clique who does not conform with
nonconformity."
Eric Hoffer

Boyd C Dickens
[email-masked]