Subject: Re: New Star Trek movie....

From: [email-masked] (Joel Govostes)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 15:20:46 -0500

According to my nerdy Star-Trekkie brother-in-law, the Borg society thing
was post-Rodenbury, or at least not developed by Gene himself. From what I
was told, it is a sort of group-consciousness thing, like we see evident
in a bee colony. I must add that I've no idea what this is all about, but
it sounds interesting.  The trek-bug hasn't bit me as yet.  The movie is
very good from the comments I've heard.

---

From: Marc Andelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 21:31:38 -0800

BusyKnight wrote:

> .  Anybody pickup on anything else?
> 
> [Yes, yes; I know -- GET A LIFE !!!]   <

The Borg also do not attack unless they percieve you as a threat.
At the end of the movie, Data killed them all with some sort of
bee smoker or pesticide

Regards,
Marc