Subject: Thanks/Old Messages/Downloading Newsgroup . . .

From: John Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Apr 1996 22:30:36 GMT

As a new apiarist to be, I found and have been reading this newsgroup on 
an irregular basis.  I've also been enjoying the discussion of bees and 
the information.  Thanks to all!

Is there some way of reading old messages?  Due to my work schedule, 
I am sometimes on infrequently, and I probably miss messages.

I hope this isn't TOO far off topic . . . if it is, I'm sure I'll here 
about it from at least one person.  <grin>  Is there a way to download 
newsgroup messages?  I'm using Netscape Navigator and Eudora Light and 
don't seem to be given downloading newsgroup messages as an option.  I 
hate burning up on-line time and hate missing messages.

John Taylor

---

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 5 Apr 1996 22:58:16 -0500

> Is there a way to download 

   I don't know the exact answer to your question, but perhaps this will
help. If you have a particular topic of interest, you can do a search of
newsgroups at the following web address.

http://www.dejanews.com/dnwhy.html

[email-masked]                                   Dave Green
Practical Pollination Home Page    
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html  
PO Box 1200, Hemingway, SC    29554

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 7 Apr 1996 01:35:07 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>>hate burning up on-line time and hate missing messages.

Hello. sunsite.unc.edu and the apicultural archive there _used_ to
archive all this newsgroup's posts. I don't think this is still happening,
but I'll try to re-archive all of the traffic here to a spot there as soon as I
can.

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/academic/agriculture/entomology/beekeeping
for the bee archive.
(look for the directory sci.agriculture.beekeeping)

http://sunsite.unc.edu/bees/home.html (for a mirrored beekeeping home page)

If you want to upload something of merit to the bee archive, just put it
into the beekeeping/Incoming directory and drop me a note.

Adam
[email-masked]
or
-- 
_________________
Adam Finkelstein                    
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 20:12:00 GMT

JT>From: John Taylor <[email-masked]>
  >Subject: Thanks/Old Messages/Downloading Newsgroup . . .

JT>Is there some way of reading old messages?  Due to my work schedule,
  >I am sometimes on infrequently, and I probably miss messages.

Hello John,

I believe that there is a site that has the messages archive'd, but
can't tell you how to find it. I hope someone else will let you know.

I have a problem with my own internet provider as all the messages
do not get here, and I also have a problem finding my own messages
at some of the internet connections to this news group. But I know
that most of them are getting out as I do get replies and sometime's
find them by accident.<G>

JT>I hope this isn't TOO far off topic . . . if it is, I'm sure I'll here
  >hate burning up on-line time and hate missing messages.

 I don't use netscape and download this and other news groups with
a dos UUCP program and into the message base of my own bbs, Wild Bees's
BBS in Los Banos, CA., that anyone can dial up at 209-826-8107. I have
the last 1700 post's from this news group, and 2950 from the B-List.
I also have several years posts from the B-List that can be downloaded
>from  the Beekeeping File area, plus hundreds of files of interest to
beekeepers that can also be downloaded. A total of 30,000 of the
newest shareware files and 30,000+ messages from a select group of
internet news groups and the Wild Net. There is no cost to Beekeepers
or their friends other then the cost of the phone call.

  Wild Bee's BBs is a private beekeeping industry information service
provided by beekeepers for beekeepers and is not affiliated with any
government agency and is supported by beekeepers for beekeepers. Support
comes from donation's and subscribing members who pay $20 per quarter.
Beekeepers are not asked to support to gain access and are full members
and can use all bbs system's on their first call. It takes about 3 min
for new users to answer the standard bbs questioner to assure some
security for all users. All beekeepers are welcome and we try to
provide bbs help for new bbs users.

   Wild Bee's BBS runs on a stand alone 486-66 with 20 megs of memory
using the dos version of the Wild Cat BBs program and uses DESQview
supporting two 28.8 modems with a dial up uucp connection to the
internet. And provides automated Beekeeping FAQ service via e-mail
to beekeepers. The first 3 months of 1996 over 1,500 request were filled
to interested beekeepers all over the world. Information about
beekeeping provided by Wild Bee's can be found on many web sites thank's
to other's who are interested in beekeeping and beekeepers.

                        ttul Andy-
                        [email-masked]

---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures