Subject: Canadian Bee Info

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 14:47:00 GMT

Hello Beekeepers,

   Canadian beekeepers have some sources of information that are not
well known to the rest of the beekeeping community so I have posted
this info just in case others would also like to receive these
publications.
                     ttul OLd Drone

                             FRAN KAY & ASSOCIATES
                        PUBLISHING & BOOK DISTRIBUTION

     _________________________________________________________________

   General farm publications for BC and specialty publications for the
   Beekeeping Industry.

   Farm Publications

   The following magazines are
   Published & Distributed by Fran Kay & Associates

   Published by B.C. Interior Agri Publications

   British Columbia Agri Digest & Agri Directory: circulation 10,860: 95%
   within B.C. (Our best guess is that this includes 80% or better of
   active farmers in B.C.) 6 issues/year: 5 newspaper format; 1 magazine
   format (annual directory of farm organizations). Focuses on production
   and marketing technology for all farm commodity sectors. Columns for
   news from farm organizations, humor, profiles etc.,calendar of events,
   markets. If B.C. agriculture is, or could be, part of your market, the
   Digest is the venue you have been looking for. Subscriptions $10/year.
   Ask for a complimentary copy and rates. Ads may be placed through the
   office, or the Sales Manager, Mike McCarty, telephone 604-496-5707,
   fax 604-496-5132.

   4-H in B.C.: circulation 5000: within B.C. 4 issues a year: magazine
   News of interest to 4-H and other rural families, 4-H activities,
   features on many aspects of rural living and personal development for
   youth. Complimentary copy and advertising rates on request.
   Subscriptions$10/year. Sales Manager Hugh Fallis, telephone
   604-375-2200, fax 604-375-2247. Published for the B.C. 4-H Provincial
   Council.

   Published by Fran Kay & Associates

   BeesCene: circulation 850: concentrated within B.C., numerous
   subscribers across Canada, the US and Britain.4 issues a year:
   magazine Published for the British Columbia Honey Producers
   Association. Contains new developments, research and production
   updates, regional B.C. news and from across Canada, as it pertains to
   the British Columbia beekeeping industry. Complimentary copy on
   request. Subscriptions $20/year Canada;$30/year US/foreign.
   Advertising/editorial - Fran Kay

   Hivelights: circulation 750: national, some US 4 issues a year:
   magazine Published for the Canadian Honey Council. Contains news of
   CHC activities, national and international issues, research and new
   developments as they pertain to the Canadian beekeeping industry.
   Complimentary copy on request. Subscriptions $20/year Canada; $30/year
   US and foreign. Advertising/editorial - Fran Kay

   --> Fran Kay & Associates
   RR#2
   Chase, BC Canada V0E 1M0
   Tel: (604) 679-5362

---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ ... When the bee-hive casts its swarm;