Subject: April Honey Market

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 20:21:00 GMT

Some sales of honey during April 1996 as reported to USDA AMS.
          __________________________________________________________
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
        |  Some US HONEY Prices for APRIL 1996    increase = *       |
        |                                                            |
        |  Calif.  Sage      80   old crop       white               |
        |  ORANGE            90   NEW CROP       white               |
        |                                                            |
        |  Florida Orange       86   old crop    light amber         |
        |          ORANGE    85-90   NEW CROP    white               |
        |          Wildflower   79*              light amber         |
        |          B. Pepper    70*              amber               |
        |                                                            |
        |  North Dakota                                              |
        |          Clover       77   old crop    white               |
        |                                                            |
        |  Canadian                                                  |
        |          Clover    .95-1.05            white-ww del        |
        |                                                            |
        |  Argentina                                                 |
        |          Clover      .98 1/2           white  (Gulf)       |
        |          Mixed Flower .86*             light amber (West)  |
        |          Unknown     .96 1/2-.98       white  (East Coast) |
        |  Mexico                                                    |
        |          Mixed Flower .95*             light amber         |
        |____________________________________________________________|
         \* The US market retreats 10% on old crop honey as more is  /
          \marketed. Retail prices approach $3. per lb, sales normal/
           \-------------------------------------------------------/

Central California beekeepers are finishing extracting a fair Orange
crop with yields exceeding early expectations because of poor early
weather conditions. Other wild flower crops such as Sage are expected to
bee less than last years and nothing at all in much of the central coast
sage range. Local beekeepers who move out of state are now moving bees
into the Dakota's and have moved north leaving several wives beekeeping
widows for the next month as they move semi yards to local honey
locations and work and super their bees for the expected June honey flow
>from  sweet clover that looks excellent at this time.

 ---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ All bees are looking for bargains in nature's supermarket

---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ All bees are looking for bargains in nature's supermarket