Subject: Wood B beekeepers in TX, OK, AR & LA

From: [email-masked] (BusyKnight)
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 21:59:59 GMT

The Collin County Hobby Beekeepers Association
announces their 13th Annual Beekeeping Workshop

Saturday, September 7th at the Lucas Community Center,
Lucas, Texas (just north of Dallas).  8:00 am until 5:00 pm
Fee  $15 for individual or $25 including spouse
Bring a sack lunch; coffee and iced tea will be provided

Door Prizes will be given throughout the day and bring
Protective Clothing if available (a limited supply will *bee*
available) for the field trip to the bee yard.

This is designed as an introduction "hands on" type workshop.
Topics covered will include an overview of bees & queenbees by
Clint Walker (Queen Breeder), Beekeeping equipment by Dr. Rodney
Holloway (Tx A&M Extension Agent), Hands-on including Harvesting
Honey, Smokers, Hive Assembly and Solar Wax Melters, "the bee-
keepers year" by Herb Taylor (Commercial Beekeeper), Honey and
other Hive Products by David Stroope (Commercial Beekeeper and
TBA Director), Cooking with Honey by Sarah Paulson (Honey Queen),
City Ordinances and Good Neighbor Policies by Carole Booth (Prime
Honey Company) and a short fields trip to an apairy with John
Caldeira.