Subject: Volume of a Coliflower

From: Carlos Ripoll Soler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 1996 12:59:23 -0800

I am looking for a method to measure the Volume of a bruxeles coliflower.
Now I measure the volume in this way:
1. I put the coliflower on an empty  graduated glass of 250 cubic cm
2. I calculate the weight of 250 cubic cm using the density of
the water.
3. Then I use a graduated cilynder of 250 cubic cm and I measure
its weight with an electronic balance.
4. Then I fill it with water, and at the same time I am measuring
the weight of the water that I am filling until it reachs the weight
that I calculated before. With this I make a perfect control of the 
volume.
5. Then I drop the water on the graduated glass with the coliflower until 
it reachs 250 cubic cm.
6. Finally I weight the rest of the water that I have on the graduated 
cylinder, and using the density I can take the exact volume of the 
coliflower.

The problem:
On the step 5 I can't be sure. I can't know wehn I reach 250 cubic cm 
exactly, because I have to approximate what I am looking.

How can I measure the volume of the bruxelles coliflower???

If you kno it, please send me an e. mail to:
[email-masked]