Subject: bumblebee hive

From: Moon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 09:01:04 -0700

Today while weeding out our flower beds (SEVERELY overgrown), I started 
noticing bumble bees flying towards one of our rose bushes, and 
disappearing into the ground.  It turns out their hive is in the middle 
of our flower bed. 

Should I be worried about rooting around near the hive?  Is there any 
way of us getting along there together, am I going to get in a tangle 
with them if I keep weeding around their hive, or is there anyone in 
northern california who wants to have an observation hive of bumblebees 
(as mentioned earlier in the newsgroup)? I don't really want to kill 
these guys, but it does make me a tad bit nervous to be sitting a few 
feet from the hive and digging in the ground. 

thanks!
Kristy

---

From: [email-masked] (J. Edwards)
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 00:15:51 LOCAL

In article <[email-masked]> Moon <[email-masked]> writes:
>From: Moon <[email-masked]>
>Subject: bumblebee hive
>Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 09:01:04 -0700

>noticing bumble bees flying towards one of our rose bushes, 
>Should I be worried about rooting around near the hive?
>Kristy

Give Dr. Steve Buchmann a call at 520-670-6380 in Tucson. if he doesn't know, 
he will know who does. You're prob OK as long as you don't dig in or step on.
      John E.