Subject: SUGAR PRICE FIX CASE

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 01:25:00 GMT

It's sad to report that ARCHER DANIELS, one of the principal HFC
corn syrup producers and purchased by the millions of pounds by many
beekeepers in the US to feed their bees is suspected of price-fixing
according to a news report on July 18, 1989. Under investigation by the
FBI who have concluded that ARCHER DANIELS, Inc, has conspired with
others to fix the price and production levels in order "to maintain a
cornered world market" in several commodities, including high-fructose
corn syrups used by beekeepers and others.

Believe it or not a federal judge in Chicago was scheduled to conduct a
hearing today, Friday, on whether to approve the $45 million
settlement, in which none of the three companies involved will admit
or deny any wrongdoing and for sure NO beekeeper will ever see a
red cent in refunds in this life.

                             ttul Andy-

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in electronic form, or to print for personal use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ I am not young enough to know everything anymore