Subject: Beekeeping ordinances

From: [email-masked] (Maxine Davi)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 96 19:35:17 -0600

Hi:

I'm doing some research for a friend of mine.  She is preparing to appear
before the Denver (CO) City Council to request that they establish a 
beekeeping ordinance.  She is trying to obtain ordinances from other
cities and countries to help her in her efforts.

If anyone has a copy of an ordinance or knows where I could obtain one,
would you be so kind as to either e-mail me at [email-masked] or
send me a copy of the ordinance?

I (we) would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!

Micki Davi
P.O. Box 1182
Conifer, CO 80433

---

From: [email-masked] (David J Trickett)
Date: 11 Sep 1996 19:06:21 GMT

Maxine Davi ([email-masked]) wrote:

: Hi:

: I'm doing some research for a friend of mine.  She is preparing to appear
: before the Denver (CO) City Council to request that they establish a 
: beekeeping ordinance.  She is trying to obtain ordinances from other
: cities and countries to help her in her efforts.

: If anyone has a copy of an ordinance or knows where I could obtain one,
: would you be so kind as to either e-mail me at [email-masked] or
: send me a copy of the ordinance?

: I (we) would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Quite a while ago, someone in the group referred to a text on this 
subject.  I think it was titled: "Beekeeping and the Law."  Maybe they 
can re-post this, or confirm/deny this title...

Dave T.

---

From: Peter Backiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 12:51:12 -0400

Why does your friend want to establish an ordinance? Just what we need, another governmental law telling us 
what we can and can't do. I'm glad she doesn't live in my town.

The Libertarian Beekeeper

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 15:48:00 GMT

PB>Why does your friend want to establish an ordinance? Just what we need, anot
  > governmental law telling us what we can and can't do. I'm glad
  >she doesn't live in my town.

Some of the reasons why beekeepers are regulated by laws and ordinances:

1. Put a disorderly beekeeping out of business, at the same time
making it difficult for all other beekeepers.

2. Collect a TAX usually disguised as a PERMIT to be a beekeeper or
keep bees.

3. Some people have nothing else to do but worry about what others may
be doing and if they don't understand it they will always try to
regulate it.

4. Provide employment for other's in the bee regulatory business.

5. "We don't have a bee ordinance, we must need one?" (If it ain't broken
fix it with a new law.)

6. Bee's kill people, ("I read it in the STAR")

7. People are allergic to bee stings, (Mrs. Jones told me about little
Tom, son of Mrs. Smith that lives in total fear in the next town 50
miles down the road.

8. Beekeepers are weird.

9. (add your own from here to 100)

                          ttul OLd Drone

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ Officer, you pulled me over because you want my bee Lice?