Subject: Student Request

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Oct 1995 17:50:02 GMT

Information needed.  A science student studying animal adaptations has 
not been able to find the answer to this question:

    Why are honey bees yellow and brown/black?

Please answer directly to [email-masked]
                          Subject:  Kate

---

From: [email-masked] (BusyKnight)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 04:25:13 GMT

>    Why are honey bees yellow and brown/black?

Not all are; there are red ones, purple ones, grey ones and 
all are honeybees (Apis).

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 15:03:00 GMT

*FYI* Found on the Internet, author unknown.

Wymyn's Apian Rights, NOW!

  The ferocious despoliation of aboriginal rights imposes its Eurocentric
  atrocities without abatement! Invading apiarists across South America,
  Central America and North America exterminated non-extant indigenous bees in
  an unrelenting frenzy of genocidal haemolymphbath to install their Quisling
  Apis mellifera carnica bee slaves. Gentle, environmentally-aware Native
  American hymenoptera existing only in revisionist political doctrine were
  brutally swept aside that foreign vassal bees constantly tortured within the
  Protestant ethic - make as much honey as fast as you can and surrender it to
  Caesar - would be free to despoil and destroy the entire Earth in their
  desperate, greedy search for nectar. A disgusting display of international
  racism was the involuntary capture and compassionless importation of
  revolutionarily-aware killer bees, Apis mellifera scutellata, from their
  African home continent to South American slave pens. Daughters of African
  queens were intensively schooled in the radical dialectic of national and
  international class struggles of the proletariat despite the mystifications
  and distortions promulgated by the bourgeois media. They sought to regain
  their God-bequeathed natural rights to empowerment, liberty and unconstrained
  State- donated subsistence endowments by stinging to death their captors and
  overseers. They surrendered their own lives bounteously and without fear that
  their descendants could once again fly through a joyously communal sky, each
  donating what she would and taking what she could. What followed was an
  official program of unremitting rape of proud African queens by European
  drones. Their wombs were transformed into battlegrounds. It was a heartless
  policy of ethnic cleansing engineered to create a bastardized population of
  docile slaves. Sisterhood is strong! Colonies fled, multiplied and headed
  north to deliver the war of liberation to their self-proclaimed masters'
  doorsteps. A tsunami of angry sisters swept through the whole of South
  America, past Panama and through Mexico. The fruits of their loins were
  abundant. Guerrilla commandos of reproductive warriors swam within a sea of
  the peasantry. They secured local resources, gaining strength and numbers
  through the unending process of collectivist dialectic. The long march
  continued. Oppressed Mexican peoples, long denied their rights to enjoy the
  rewards of productivity in the absence of their contribution to it, streamed
  into America to secure their just and proper birthright. They were joined by
  African queens and their colonies. The next generation would seize uhuru and
  revenge! While the quest for African freedom continued against all odds,
  while myriads of sisters gave their stings and their lives in unselfish
  sacrifice to the People's goals... the capitalist oppressors were not
  complacent. Death strode the land conquered by African queens. Hives were
  blasted and burned. African queens were crushed into pulp by vicious
  apiarists. European drone flooding denied them proud African fathers for
  their children. Government-financed breeding camps witnessed the mechanical
  extraction of European drone semen and its pitiless injection into bound but
  forever defiant African queens. Through it all the land filled with racially
  pure descendants quick to award death to despots and counter-revolutionaries!
  The day of liberation is close at hand. The heavy hand of American Federal
  multivariate discriminant analysis seeks to ferret out and destroy the race.
  Apiculturalists exercise the prerogatives of eugenics, measuring the angles
  at which wing veins intersect, the length and width of wings and leg
  segments, and other gospels of their "science," and then commit state-
  sanctioned murder. Weak and subverted European slave bees are allowed to
  survive. Strong and proud African bees are butchered. All the while the
  unstoppable deluge of freedom-seeking peoples continues unstopped and
  unstoppable. Texas and California have fallen. The rich nectaries of the
  Mid-Western states await. The future is ours to behold, and seize. When the
  last of the cowardly hexapodal European settlers have been expunged from our
  lands we will inexorably set out to obliterate the bipodal European masters
  whose ghastly outrage it is that we were to be lost to our heritage and our
  ancestral soil and the very genetic endowment defining us. That bright day is
  all but arrived. In the meanwhile there is an incalculable slaughter to
  perform. You cannot make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. The empty
  shells must be discarded in the name of cleanliness.
     _________________________________________________________________
     _________________________________________________________________
   Visit other members of The Freehand Network of Independent Magazines

   Thinking Bob's Image of the Day
   The Unusual or Deep Site of the Day
   Sexy Beach Babes and the Luxury Cars They WANT You to Drive
   The Natural - Alternative Health Magazine
   Offbeat Britain
   Transient Visions: The Work of Ian Cooper
   SPARF - Strategic Postal Australian Rules Football

   Questions or Comments? Contact us at [email-masked]. Please mention
   Uncle Al and the name of the article in question.
     _________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (J. Edwards)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 16:11:26 LOCAL

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
>Subject: AFRICAN QUEEN, the True Story
>Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 15:03:00 GMT

>  atrocities without abatement! Invading apiarists across South America,

WHAT A GREAT DOCUMENT - WILL DISTRIBUTE TO EVERYONE I KNOW WITH A SENSE OF 
HUMOR !!!!!!!!!
                             John