Subject: Queen introduction

From: [email-masked] (Ahlmon1961)
Date: 21 Aug 1996 16:09:05 -0400

Well this is the second time around.  Today I checked for release and sure
enough she's gone.  How long should I wait until I see eggs?  The first
effort was the same queen released but after 7-10 days no sign of her or
of eggs?  So this time I hope It works out.  I read on aol's interests and
hobbies board about a fellow who had a queen that likewise was not spotted
1 week after release.  He placed a frame of eggs in from another hive
thinking that they might as well raise their own queen and a week later he
discovered newly laid eggs in two other frames.  A week after seeing new
eggs he spotted the carniolan queen happily laying eggs.  He advised the
wait and see approach.  I'm thinking that if I do not see eggs in another
7-10 days from today I ought to put a frame of eggs from one of my other
hives?  Would appreciate your thoughts.

Alan M.

---

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 24 Aug 1996 04:26:49 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Ahlmon1961) writes:

> I read on aol's interests and
>wait and see approach.

   Better to do what he did, than what he said.

   I wouldn't introduce a late queen without giving some brood.  The
emerging young bees will help gain acceptance, and the eggs will provide a
backup, or at least tell you that the queen isn't accepted, when they make
cells.

[email-masked]                                   Dave and Janice Green
Practical Pollination Home Page    
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html  
PO Box 1200, Hemingway, SC    29554