Subject: Re: Tulsa Outlawing Honeybees

From: [email-masked] (Rick Haver)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 12:43:14 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked](Donald L. Franson ) wrote:

I sat in horror tonight at the Tulsa city council meeting and listened
and talked for an hour on the importance of beekeeping and beekeepers
to the city of Tulsa, just to have a councilman say his or her district
doesn't want honeybees because they bother the mothers and children at
their swimming pools. and someone who is alergic might get stung and
sue the city.

We had several experts talk and answer questions but the councilers had
their minds made up before they came in.  Next week they vote and Im
afraid they are going to vote the beekeepers out of Tulsa.

The law was written because of one complaint by the neighbor of one of
the councilmen (the bees stung their dog) And all the beekeepers in
Tulsa could not change their minds.

Stupid isn't it?

****

I vote for outlawing dogs!