Subject: Re: PC & MAC users & BK- Economics,etc.

From: Jon Camp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 23:16:41 GMT

Maybe you misunderstood...  The programs SHOULD be cross platform
compatable.  The whole point was that one program ran on only one
platform and the other ran on the opposite platform.  That was my
complaint.  If you DON'T say anything to the developers, they 
will assume that ONLY one platform is necessary.  Evidently there
was a poll taken in the beginning(whenever that was) to find out
what platform was most desirable.  The general concensus was that
Mac's had it all over PC's when it came to graphics, and we all
know how we love our pretty pictures.  The response I rec'd was
that the poll might have been biased, since the majority polled 
were educational institutions.  (Where most the Mac's hang out)
Studies have shown that the general populace is PC oriented.  So
where do you aim your programming platform?  Your guess is as 
good as mine; thats why I suggested that the issue be addressed.
Let's face it Patrick, do you want to leave it to the politicians
to decide where to spend our research dollars?

                             Jon Camp

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 16:13:00 GMT

JC>From: Jon Camp <[email-masked]>
  >Subject: Re: PC & MAC users & BK- Economics,etc.

JC>Maybe you misunderstood...  The programs SHOULD be cross platform
  >complaint.  If you DON'T say anything to the developers, they

Hello Friends,

My own disappointment with educational and some government institution's
beekeeping programs has always's been the same as yours with a different
slant as I have found early on that Mac was the platform that much of
their programing was done on which in my experience in the real world
really limits the use of the program to the educational community and
restricts the public use of programing by tax supported agency's. The
university type beekeeping Mac programs have suffered from the lack of
the type of review that could make them valuable assets to the
beekeeping community and find little use because of it. The same can be
said of programs that require Windows but not to the same extent as Mac.

Our children who are sold Mac's by slick sales campaigns aimed at
school age kid's and special deals given to teacher's to use and push
Mac computers.. Nothing wrong with Mac's but next Sunday check out the
employment ad's in any metropolitan newspaper and see how many job
opportunities are open to people who can use, program, sell, or do
anything else with a Mac as compared to IBM.

Not that there is anything wrong with a Mac, said to at one time to
have been the best platform for desk top publishing. But today's
computers are used by most for multiple tasks, and the IBM compatibility
is the standard with some version of agggggggh Window's. "Real beemen
don't do no windows", but if you don't you sure miss all the beauty
of the internet web and the advertisements to.

Mac's have not even proved to be a good buy for the public now that
their inflated price has been reduced so they can compete with IBM in
the retail market, to the point that the company is going broke. This
suggests that they will go the way of TRASH 80's in the near future.

                               ttul Andy-

                _
           _  ==|    _
           |    |    |               _                Help who said
          )_)  )_)  )_)           ===|   __+__       / the world was
         )___))___))___)\           __|__ |___| |\  /     round?
        )____)____)_____)\\           |o__| |___| | \
      _____|____|____|____\\\__      |___| |___| |o \
      \ 1st shipment of   /          _|___| |___| |__o\
       \ HoneyBee's to   /             /...\_____|___|____\_/
 _______\ __USA________/_______________\   o * o * * o o  /
 ^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|  .
   ^^^^^^    ^^^^    ^^^    ^^^^     ^^^^^    ^^^ ^^^^^|  .
(c)                                                    |  .
Use at own risk, opinion's are not necessarily facts.  |    .
                                                       |  .
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ ... The Spider and the Bee. Fable x.