Subject: Re: "Mite solution"

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 00:30:00 GMT

*FYI* from the BEE-List group.
                    ----------------------------------------
From: "Kerry Clark of AGF 784-2225 fax (604) 784 2299"              <KCLARK@gal
axy.gov.bc.ca>
Date:         Thu, 27 Jun 1996 09:17:52 -0700
Subject:      Re: "Mite solution"

   This is taken from a March 26, 1996 news release from the U.S.
   Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Seattle office (206) 553 4768.

   "Penalties of $ 5,400 are being sought from a Washington state firm that
   invited beekeepers from around the country to buy a pesticide that had
   not been registered with the EPA, as required by federal law."
   ...
   "a Dec 1995 sale and January advertisement (of the product) occurred
   despite an EPA warning last May to cease selling Mite Solution, and to
   submit the product to EPA for registration".

   So, consider it an illegal, unregistered product of unknown safety,
   which has had no testing to indicate its effect on mites or bees.

   Kerry Clark, Apiculture Specialist
   B.C. Ministry of Agriculture
   1201 103 Ave
   Dawson Creek B.C.
        V1G 4J2  CANADA          Tel (604) 784-2225     fax (604) 784-2299
   INTERNET [email-masked]