Subject: July Honey Markets

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 23:50:00 GMT

----------------------------------------
July Honey Market's Gleaned from several reports:

  ______________________
 (//////////////////////)   As more new crop honey is marketed 1995
 (//////////////////////)   Honey prices hold firm. The market was
 /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\   again topped by white clover honey
|     Wild Flower!       |  imported from Argentina landed on the
|                        |  East Coast for 71 cents. White clover
|  _   _          \    / |  from Canadian producers was quoted at
| | |_| | __      _ \/   |  51 - 66 cents delivered.
| | |-| |:  :|\ |:_ ::   |
| |_| |_|:__:| \|:_ ||   |  US NEW Crop Honey was in good demand and
|                        |  ranged in price paid producer's for new
|  Product of LOVE 16oz  |  crop all sources between 52 and 63 cents.
|________________________|

The lowest price reported was for Chinese Tallow, normally a darker
high moisture honey that is used in the industrial trade. Louisiana
Tallow honey was quoted at 47 cents. I suspect this was a aberration
as my friend's in Texas who produce much Tallow honey normally get a
higher price and Texas extra light amber Brush and light amber Horsemint
honey sales are reported at 60 cents.

Total crop estimates have not been made yet, but the crop looks good
in places and I would not be surprised to see a crop equal or below
last years. As always's weather condition's have been good for some
and bad for other's, with some northern states having little or no
yellow sweet clover bloom this year and are relying on alfalfa bloom,
sun flowers, and other plants.

Some word's to explain it all;

26:4  Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall
yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their
fruit.

26:5  And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage
shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the
full, and dwell in your land safely.

                          ttul Andy-
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ Honey Lovers Stick Together