Subject: Re: laying workers

From: hoeger <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Aug 1996 09:49:38 GMT

Hello,
In the most of my beekeeping books is the following procedure is 
discribed to remove egg-laying worker from a hive for requeening 
etc.. In your case you should remove the honey suppers inclusive 
all the bees inside, and place them minimum 200meters from the 
old place. Let the bees fly back to the old place, then take all 
the bees still left in the supper on the ground and carry the 
beefree supper back to the rest of the hive.  The egglaying 
worker should be to heavy to fly back and she shouldn´t know the 
old place because she never was outside.
Make sure that there is a queen in the hive. Otherwise the same 
problem will ocur in a short time.

Goof luck

Ulli Höger

---

From: Gerry Visel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:30:25 -0700

If you have a queen excluder on, those drones can't get out...

Putting the super on top (over solid honey) will keep the queen down, and 
so you can delete the excluder and let the drones out.

Ulli Höger's technique sounds good though.

Gerry Visel