Subject: Edward SouthwickWith great sadness, I report to members of the Bee-l

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 01:09:00 GMT

originally in conference BEE-LIST MAIL on WILD BEE'S BBS

*Sad news from the other group.*

                    ----------------------------------------
From: Mary Jo Orzech <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 29 Aug 1995 11:02:53 EDT
Subject:      Edward Southwick

     With great sadness, I report to members of the Bee-l
community the death of Edward E. Southwick, last Tues. 8/22/95.
Dr. Southwick was a much loved teacher, instructor and friend.
He was an internationally recognized bee expert and taught
at the State University of New York at Brockport since 1977.
Ed was also the founder and co-owner of Bee-l, which was created
as a means for bee researchers to communicate and keep in touch
around the world.
     Raised in Midland, Mich., Dr. Southwick held a bachelor
of science degree in mechanical engineering and a masters
degree in biology from the Univ. of Michigan.  His doctoral
degree was in physiological zoology from Washington State
Univerity.
     Southwick died of pancreatic cancer; he was 52.  He is survived
by his wife, Alrun Southwick, and two daughters, Stephanie Lisa
Southwick of San Antonio, Texas and Antje Southwick of Ann Arbor,
Michigan.  His passing is an enormous loss to us all.

Mary Jo Orzech
Academic Computing Services
SUNY Brockport
Brockport, Ny 14420