Subject: Honey & beeswax 8 recipes for products

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1996 15:52:00 GMT

*FYI* A commercial message found in the agriculture news groups that
may bee of interest...Anyone interested can also order these books
via e-mail from [email-masked] ..List the books you want and I
will price then out and let you know how to make an order. Help's keep
the OLD Drone with Wild Bee's BBS and off the dangerous streets.

                           Andy-
_______________________________________________________________________
From: [email-masked] (EWhiteVHP)
Subject: Honey & beeswax 8 recipes for products

Honey & beeswax recipes for products

Excerpts from the book:
"Super Formulas, Arts & Crafts: How to make 360 useful products that
contain honey & beeswax" 120-page book by Elaine C. White Copyright 1993
ISBN 0-9637539-7-5 Available from bookstores, libraries and directly
>from  the publisher.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Petroleum Jelly

Petroleum jelly is easy to make and it is an ingredient of many other
products. Naturalists may substitute a natural oil, such as grapeseed oil
or sweet almond oil, for the baby or mineral oil to create an
"un-petroleum" jelly.

1 ounce (weight) beeswax
1/2 cup baby or mineral oil

Melt the beeswax in a microwave or a double boiler. Stir in the mineral
oil. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir until cool.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Skin Cream

2 1/2 ounces (weight) beeswax
4 ounces (weight) lanolin
2/3 cup baby or mineral oil
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon borax (sodium borate, CP)
Fragrant essential oil (optional)

Melt the oil, lanolin and beeswax to 160 degrees F. Heat the borax and
water in a separate container to 160 degrees F. Be sure the beeswax is
melted and the borax is dissolved. Add the water mixture to the oil
mixture while stirring. When a white cream forms, stir slowly until the
mixture cools to 100 degrees F. Pour the cream into small, wide-mouth
jars.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Beeswax Polish

Beeswax furniture polish with its soft, satin shine is considered the
ultimate in wood care.

4 ounces (weight) beeswax
2 tablespoons carnauba wax
2 1/2 cups odorless turpentine

Melt the waxes on high in a microwave or in a double boiler. Remove the
waxes from the heat and stir in the turpentine. Apply the polish with a
clean cloth and rub in small circles. Turn the cloth as it becomes
dirty. Allow the polish to dry, then buff with a clean cloth. If more
than one coat is desired, wait 2 days between applications.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Lip Gloss

Lipstick colors this easy formula for lip gloss. This is a good way to use
lipstick that is too dark because the gloss will be a lighter color.

1 teaspoon grated beeswax
1/2 teaspoon lipstick
1/2 teaspoon petroleum jelly

Melt the ingredients in a small can placed in boiling water. Stir it well
and pour it into a small jar.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dispersing Bath Oil

Most bath oils simply float on water. Dispersing bath oil mixes evenly
with water, clings to skin and forms a thin, even coating.

1 whole egg
1/2 cup baby or mineral oil
2 teaspoons liquid detergent
1/4 cup vodka
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup whole milk
Fragrant essential oil (optional)
Liquid food coloring (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds. Use only 1 or 2
tablespoons of the oil in a bathtub of water. Shelf-life at room
temperature is about 18 months!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Chapped-lip Balm

Simple petroleum jelly is good for chapped lips, but this formula is even
better.

1 tablespoon grated beeswax (1/2 oz.)
1 tablespoon petroleum jelly
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon lanolin
3 to 4 drops essential oil

Melt the wax, lanolin and petroleum jelly in a microwave. Add the honey
and essential oil. Essential oil of peppermint, eucalyptus, wintergreen
and camphor slightly numb painful lips. Stir the mixture until it cools.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Skin Care Bar

This unique product is a bit greasy for hands, but I like it to apply
emollients to feet, elbows, etc. Easy to make and smells
wonderful--naturally.

Simply melt equal WEIGHTS of sweet almond oil and beeswax. Pour this into
a bar-shaped mold and allow it to cool. Rub the bar over skin to apply
the emollient properties of the ingredients.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Suppliers:

Brushy Mountain Bee Farm
Route 1, Box 135
Moravian Falls, NC 28654
1-800-BEESWAX
Sells beeswax, carnauba wax,
and containers for creams & polishes.

Haussmann's Pharmacy
534-536 W. Girard Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19123
(215) 627-2143
Sells herbs, oils, lanolin & borax.

Lavender Lane
6715 Donerail
Sacramento, CA 95842
(916) 334-4400
Sells oils & waxes for cosmetics.

Sunburst Bottle Company
7001 Sunburst Way
Citrus Heights, CA 95621
(916) 722-4632
Sells jars, bottles & containers
for practically everything!

Sax Arts & Crafts
Post Office Box 51710
New Berlin, WI 53151-0710
1-800-558-6696
Sells "everything your art desires,"
waxes & odorless turpentine.
---------------------------------------------------------------
WANT  MORE?

Valley Hills Press has lots more!

1) "Super Formulas, Arts & Crafts: How to make more than 360 useful
products that contain honey & beeswax" 120-page book by Elaine C. White.
ISBN 0-9637539-7-5 $14.95 US funds, postpaid to US & Canada Other
countries, $18.95 US funds, postpaid

2) New!    First Timer Wine-Making Kit
Make 1 gallon of award-winning mead! (Honey Concord Wine). Ready in 1
month! You buy honey and grape juice from a grocer--this kit contains
everything else you need! $18.95 US funds, postpaid to US & Canada. Not
shipped to other countries.

3) "Soap Recipes: Seventy tried-and-true ways to make modern soap with
herbs, beeswax and vegetable oils" 224-page book. Easy recipes to make
great soap right in your kitchen with common kitchen equipment. $29.95
postpaid to US and other countries.

Have your Visa or Master Card handy and order toll-free! 1-800-323-7102
(US & Canada) Other countries call 601-323-7100. or Mail payment (US
funds only. Visa/Master Card accepted) to: Valley Hills Press 108 E
Garrard Rd #202-A Starkville, MS 39759 USA Fax orders to (601) 323-7100

Want more details about these and other fun products like soapmaking?
Send email with your snail mail name and address to: [email-masked].
Retail/wholesale prices available. Request a free brochure! end

Elaine C. White
C/O Valley Hills Press
1864 Ridgeland Drive
Starkville MS 39759 USA
Telephone: 601-323-7100
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ "Where there are fruits & nuts, there are beekeepers"