Subject: My first successful swarm!

From: Mike Quimby <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Jun 1996 14:06:58 GMT

Greetings to all! 

My bees decided to give me a second chance. Yesterday afternoon, I came
home
and walked back to the bees and to my astonishment, a huge swarm was 
all collected on a hawthorn tree near the hives.  2 feet long and about a
12 inches
wide.  Well, after blowing it on a first swarm a week ago, I was
determined
to get this beautiful thing of nature into a new home.  My girlfriend and
I trimmed
away excess branches, and I held the branch while she sawed....success! 
All
bees still together and the branch was in my hands.  I walked over to the 
waiting hive (with extra empty hive body on top),  counted to three and...

SNAP!  WHOOSH!  In they went!  Wow!  What a feeling.  I closed up the top
and stragglers eventually made it in.  Now I have 3 hives!

Good luck to all, and may the flowers bloom all season long.

Mike Quimby
Cardinal Haven Farm
Knightstown, Indiana
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (JCSchaper)
Date: 12 Jun 1996 19:21:35 -0400

Congratulations to you first swarm,
here in germany all the bees are swarming like mad this year, I
successfully collected two swarms,
one from the ground (that was easy) for the other one I had to climb a
tree.
Regards from Germany (Bielefeld),
Christoph Schaper
mail: [email-masked]