Subject: Information about keeping bumblebees?

From: [email-masked] (Katherine Pyle)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 17:16:01 GMT

Because the honeybee population in my neighborhood (which used to
be quite adequate) has dropped off so badly during the past few
years, I am considering  encouraging the local bumble bee
population. Like maybe what they do with cardboard cartons of
bumble bees in tomato greenhouses. 

Where can I find information about encouraging/keeping/growing
bumble bees?

Thanks in advance for your help.

---

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 11 Mar 1996 22:07:47 -0500

Subject:	Information about keeping bumblebees?
From:	[email-masked] (Katherine Pyle)
Date:	Mon, 11 Mar 1996 17:16:01 GMT

>Where can I find information about encouraging/keeping/growing

Bumblebee series by Dr. Keith Delaplane, 
Extension Entomologist, University of Georgia

"Why Bumble Bees",  pp 459-460  American Bee Journal, July 1995

"Bumble Beekeeping: The Queen Starter Box  ABJ, Nov, 1995

"Bumble Beekeeping: Introducing Queens to Nest in Captivity"  ABJ,
Jan,1996

"Bumble Beekeeping: Handling Mature Colonies, Mating Queens"  ABJ, Feb,
1996

The American Bee Journal, 51S. 2nd St., Hamilton, IL  62341  217-847-3324

[email-masked]   Dave Green,  PO Box 1200,  Hemingway, SC   29554
Pollination Home Page      http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

[email-masked]                                   Dave Green
Dave's Pollination Service         Eastern Pollinator Newsletter
PO Box 1200, Hemingway, SC    29554