Subject: New to beekeeping, looking for information

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 01:46:00 GMT

D>From: [email-masked] (denneyr)
 >Subject: New to beekeeping, looking for information

D>I'm very interested in learning the art of beekeeping. I know absolutely
 >nothing about it other than it seems fasinating. Any information on the prope
 >way to begin would really help. There seems to be so much to learn to do it
 >correctly. Thanks in advance for any advice. Answer in the newsgroup or email
 >me at  [email-masked]

       ì”ì ì”ì ì”ì ì”ì    MAKE.HONEY.FAST    ì”ì ì”ì ì”ì ì”ì

   Do you yearn to have thousands, even tens of thousands of workers
   laboring for you? and (get this!)

     * No employee retirement plan expenses
     * No employee labor or union problems
     * No employee morale or sick leave problems
     * No employee heath care plan expenses
     * No EEO problems
     * No environmental or pollution concerns

   Yes, Yes, YES!... YOU can have it ALL - in the amazing world of ...

                        BEEKEEPING!!!

   Yes friends, with just minimal effort and a capital investment, you
   can hold dominion over thousands of worker bees. They will toil
   endlessly to make honey, perhaps even hundreds or thousands of gallons
   of honey (isn't that sweet!)

   And once started, the little critters are self-reproducing, so the
   colony just gets bigger and bigger and bigger, and production just
   keeps going up and up! And we use only the most productive worker bees
   in the world! (sometimes referred to as Killer Bees). There's just
   almost no downside to this plan, and it's all Perfectly Legal! (*)
   (tm)

   Yes! That's what I said, can you believe it?

THIS IS NOT A PYRAMID SCHEME!

   This is a hive scheme.

   And we're here to help you get going with your Deluxe Bee Keeping
   Starter Kit. Here's what you need to get:

     * A certificate of authenticity
     * The instruction book: "Bee Keeping for Idiots"
     * Video Tapes:
        + "Killer Bees: Truth or Dare" -- facts behind our
             misunderstood friends
        + "Let Sleeping Bees Lie" -- an acclaimed (by us) six-hour
             Art/Nature film
     * A box containing approx 10,000 (by weight) very angry Killer Bees
       and one very tired Queen Killer Bee.
     * Construction plans for our unique "Bee Condo" (tm) (pat. pending)
     * A life-size recognition-chart of a Queen Killer Bee (1-in x 1-in)
     * A bee dancing foot chart and music cassette (Flight of the... you
           know who)
     * A first aid kit containing, Band-Aids (tm), a syringe of bee
           anti-venom, and a list of poison control centers.

   And as an added bonus, absolutely free to the first 100 callers...

             FREE*FREE*FREE*FREE*FREE*FREE*FREE*FREE
     ----------------------------------------------------------------
     A BATTERY OPERATED WATER ALARM  (Nothing to do with the bees,
    just left over from our last promotion but will save you from
    running a tank of honey or sugar over. Batteries not included).
     _________________________________________________________________

   All this for only 1 easy payment of $20.00 (Can you believe it?)
     You also get one years Beekeeper Membership to Wild Bee's BBS!

        Cash or Check, We don't care, send to Wild Bee's BBS
     1522 Paradise Lane, Los Banos, CA 93635 (MERCED COUNTY USA)

   *******************************************************************
     You also will have your name engraved in a place of honor as a
     supporter of the effarts of the OLd Drone to provide information
     about beekeeping from beekeeper to beekeeper without regards to
     status, race, religion, or government employment.
   ********************************************************************

      So, don't BEE the last one on your block to get started.

   ORDER NOW: 209-826-8107 Wild Bee's BBS or [email-masked]

     *(Offer void where prohibited by law or common sense. :-)

   **Money Back Guarantee: We guarantee you won't get your money back.

   --
  Copyright Emery Lapinski (c)
  Limited use permission granted to Wild Bee's BBS (Andy Nachbaur)
  (c)by [email-masked] (Jim Cassidy)
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ Wild Bee's BBS, a HONEY of a BBS (209) 826-8107

---

From: [email-masked] (denneyr)
Date: 16 Feb 1996 14:49:21 GMT

I'm very interested in learning the art of beekeeping. I know absolutely 
nothing about it other than it seems fasinating. Any information on the proper 
way to begin would really help. There seems to be so much to learn to do it 
correctly. Thanks in advance for any advice. Answer in the newsgroup or email 
me at  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (BusyKnight)
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 02:40:16 GMT

[email-masked] (denneyr) wrote:
>Any information on the proper 
>way to begin would really help. 

BusyKnight offers his standard answer:

If you have a bee club near you, join it.  And if you don't then check
with you county Ag Extension Agent (if you're in the US) or call up a
natural history or wildlife museum and see if they know of any
beekeepers in your area.  Even check with a local fire department to
see if they maintain a list of beekeepers in your area (a lot of
hobbiest sign up for bee removals, swarm catching, etc.).  Obviously,
the objective here is to find someone who can give you some pointers
first hand.

Also start reading some books on beekeeping; there are lots of "how
to" books on the subject.  Go to your public libaray and see whats
available.  Order catalogues from the bee equipment manufacturers and
read them.  Then jump right in and get stung a few times...

Have fun!

BusyKnight
Dallas, TX