Subject: cancer/honey

From: Sacha <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 13:25:31 +1508

My dentist has just told me that the surgeon operating on aural 
cancers here slaps pure honey straight from his own bees onto 
operating wounds with amazingly good results as to speed and 
cleanliness of healing.  Does anyone else have any information on 
this?  This surgeon is also a believer in not using treatment on 
varroa affected hives, but in letting the bees build up a natural 
immunity or crossing them with other varroa resistant strains.  Any 
comments on either subject?  Thank you.  Sacha

---

From: Ulli Hoeger <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jun 1996 17:32:32 GMT

Hi,
some old recipes use honey for therapy if your are ill.
Honey was known for his aseptic effect by my grandma.  In winter 
she gave us hot milk with honey to prevent or effect bad colds.
I think that there are some enzymes and antibiotics in honey 
(like in propolis) to do the aseptic work.
The surgeon doesn´t control the Varroa?  His beekeeping 
neighborhood will love him for reinvasion of the mites in their 
hives.  I think he should think about a way of Varroa control 
without using Apistan, Bayvarol, Perizin etc, many alternatives 
are aviable.  A lot people don´t want the chemistry in their 
hives and use these residue-free methods (Formic acid and cutting 
out drone-brood are two of these alternatives)with very good 
results.
Much is written and told about Varroa resistant bees, but who 
realy got them?  

Best reards  

Ulli