Subject: Re: carpenter ants, chickens

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:45:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 [email-masked] wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Does anybody know of a good alternative to Terminix for keeping
carpenter
> ants out of our house?

Boric acid powder or in solution as a spray on underpinnings (this is
probably what Dan-Dan will use). The powder is available in
plastic-squeeze-bottles that will puff a dose where you need it.
I'll bet making a strong solution of it to put into a clean
garden spray tank then coating the timbers you need to protect
might work out well. Diatomaceous earth might also be of some value.
Food-grade DE can be obtained in 50 lb. sacks - the pool filter version
will not work.

LL

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm ICQ#27930345
[email-masked]  [email-masked]
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail