Subject: Re: Carpenter Ants

From: "Holm, David & Ingrid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:44:12 -0400 (EDT)

Carpenter Ants
I seem to remember Ron Prokopy, entomologist at UMASS, saying that a 5%
solution of boric acid with sugar water or other sweetener is effective.
It shouldn't be so strong that the ants can detect it; you want the ants
to take it back to the nest as food for the queen.  Using this technique, 
I had success in eliminating an infestation in the wood floor of my house.

David L. Holm
Teaching Assistant, Department of Plant and Soil Science
University of Massachusetts
303 French Hall
Amherst, MA 01003 USA
413-545-2917  [email-masked]

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail