Subject: Cashmere Goats control Leafy spurge, thistle

From: [email-masked] (John Harris)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 20:09:15 GMT

Cashmere Goats Control Leafy Spurge, Canadian Thistle, Poison Ivy-oak,
Brush of all types and many other noxious weed types.  Capra the national
Cashmere goat organization has conducted much research in the eradication
of noxious weeds using Cashmere goats.  The research done in Colorado in
conjunction with several county agents confirmed that these types of
vegetation can be controlled and in some cases completely eradicated.  In
my own pasture research was conducted by Ron Tech Agg Service on Canadian
Thistle, bind weed, and Poison Ivy.  The pasture was divided into plots
and treated with a mixture of fertilizers and biological soil building
agents.  The Thistle grew profusely at first as it absorbed the mixture
into its system systemically.  Just as I was ready to begin chopping the
new growth it began to disappear.  The plant had taken on characteristics
that made it not only acceptable but preferred by the goats as feed.  In
the areas that were treated only Alfalfa and grasses remain, while in the
untreated areas there are still Thistles.  With no treatment at all the
Poison Ivy-oak, brush, and Bind weed were eradicated completely.  In
Wyoming these goats are being used successfully to eradicate Soap weed,
Yucca, Cat tail, and brush on a large ranch.  They have been so successful
that Cattle had to be purchased to consume the grasses which grew profusely
with the weeds eradicated.  The goats prefer broad leaf vegetation to
grasses and will consume the grasses only as a last choice.  We are
selling our Cashmere for up to $45 per pound and eliminating unwanted
vegetation at the same time.  If you want information on how to obtain
some of Natures natural weed eaters contact.
John Harris
90417 county road 17
Mitchell, Ne.  69357  or Call 308-635-1579
[email-masked]

--

  ####    ####     ##     #####   ####
 #    #  #    #   #  #      #    #
 #       #    #  #    #     #     ####
 #  ###  #    #  ######     #         #
 #    #  #    #  #    #     #    #    #
  ####    ####   #    #     #     ####

Nebraska Western Cashmere
John Harris  [email-masked]
90417 County Road #17
Mitchell Ne 69357   Voice:  (308) 635-1579 fax: (308) 635-6100
_______________________________________________________________