Subject: Re: Deer Deterrents

From: [email-masked] (Stark Mad)
Date: 29 May 1994 01:55:05 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(DavidKirj) writes:

>>Does anybody know foolproof methods to prevent deer from
>>munching on plants in the garden?

The following plants will reportedly deter deer--once they get a
taste of these greens, they'll supposedly stay away:

 -Scented Geraniums
 -Lavender
 -Any variety of mint
 -Rabbit ears
 -Most varieties of ferns
 -Rosemary
 -Sage

I've also heard that spreading wads of human hair around the
parameters of the garden will work, but I haven't tried it yet. I've
planted a bunch of catmint, and as of yet I haven't had any deer
problems (deer are plenitful 'round these parts).

Prolly not foolproof, but good luck, anyhoo. :)

 -MarkWK

     ..::the sparrows are flying again::..