Subject: REQUEST: Neem tree info

From: [email-masked] (Paul Maser)
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 94 07:18:00 -0800

JB>I am now the proud owner of a neem tree in a one-gallon pot. It was
  >a gift. How much water and fertilizer does it need? How big does it get?
  >I'm in South Florida. How do they fare in this area? I'd appreciate
  >learning about this before I plant it and would hope some of the
  >knowledgeable people "out there" could help.
  >--

JB>Joan Bradley

I've been raising a couple of neem trees for a few years. A one
gallon pot is probably too small, but it appears that you can
bonzai them. I finally transplanted mine into twenty gallon pots
and they loved it. Now they're up to about four feet and much
healthier. They are tropical trees and can't take frost. In
southern Florida you can probably leave them outdoors most of the
year. I give mine a small amount of miracle grow on occassion. To
water, lift the pot and when its almost dry, soak it.

Best Regards;
Paul