Subject: Re: arsenic in the envoronment

From: [email-masked] (Gerhild Donnevert)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 14:27:06 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Geeta Bharathan) says:
>
>Does anyone here know of instances where arsenic has been found in the 
>natural environment in high enough levels to pose a danger to living beings?
>
>Could you e-mail me any information (including references) that you might 
>have on this topic, especially ways to deal with the problem? I will post 
>a summary of replies that I receive if there is interest.
>
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Geeta

Hallo!

I am working about arsenic in environmental matrices. Sorry, I have no 
information for you yet. But I`ll see, what I can do for you. I think, 
I´ve noticed something in a book about trinking-water-pollution.
Do you know anything about the analysis of arsenic in soil or air by 
Zeeman-Graphite-AAS (Direct Solid Sample Analysis without Chemical 
Decomposition)?

Hope to stay in contact.

Angelika

---

From: Byron Bodo <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Apr 1995 05:56:00 GMT

> a summary of replies that I receive if there is interest.

EPA & state guideline documents supporting whatever drinking water,
ambient water, soil, dredge spoil, sediment, etc. criteria exist for
As should have lots of references.

Ontario Ministry of Environment & Energy released an As water
quality objective document last year.  Address is 135 St. Clair
Ave. W., Toronto, ON.

-bb