Subject: bioremediation query

From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Oct 1995 12:37:02 -0700

I need some information about bioremediation with fungi, especificly
with Phanerochaete chrysosporium.Information about bioremediation 
itself could be useful too.
               Thanks.
                   George Diaz-Mail [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrzej Paszczynski)
Date: 5 Oct 1995 10:53:22 -0700

>                    George Diaz-Mail [email-masked]
George please see my new paper: Potential for bioremediation of 
xenobiotic compounds by white-rot fungus P. chrysosporium in Biotechnol. 
Prog.1995 11, 368-379
Andrzej Paszczynski.

---

From: Peter Oei & Shan Du <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Oct 1995 21:52:03 GMT

The University of wageningen in the Netherlands performed a number of 
experiments with various mushrooms. Check literature by Jim Field and E. 
de Bont.

A patent has recently been claimed by a Dutch engineering company, DHV 
Environment and Infrastructure. They recently published an article with a 
rather vague description of a test they did with mushroom substrate mixed 
with soil. Both mineral oil content and PAH went down significantly. 

Peter Oei
[email-masked]