Subject: Re: Si-containing plants and its use

From: Nancy Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 95 08:24:07 -0500

<[email-masked]> writes:
 
>     I am interested in plant-originated silica/silicate.  If someone knows
 
The only group I know of is Horsetails (Equisetum spp), common "primitive"
lower vascular plants.  Called "scouring rushes" because of the silica in
their cells. Family Equisetaceae - they are "Fern Allies". -Nan

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 9 May 1995 07:42:13 GMT

Dear everyone,

     I am interested in plant-originated silica/silicate.  If someone knows
the proper group, please point me.

---

From: Al Adelman <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 May 1995 22:11:27 GMT

Bamboos are well known for their silica content.