Subject: Variegation research

From: [email-masked] (wojcik)
Date: 10 Jul 1995 15:48:25 GMT

Is anyone out there doing research as to the causes and/or factors
influencing variegation in ornamental plants? I've been collecting many
different varieties of these mutants and find them fascinating. I would like
to study this phenomenon a little closer. Can anyone suggest the definitive
book of variegation? Thanks much.

- Al Wojcik
  Allen Park, MI.

---

From: ellieme <magicnet.net>
Date: 15 Jul 1995 23:27:26 GMT

>book of variegation? Thanks much.

Al 

I would suggest that you go to a library and get the most recent copy of 
a Horticultural text on Plant Propagation. The variations you are 
interested in are also of interested to commercial nurserymen who make a 
living reproducing these variations. If you can not find anything in the 
library try the Michigan State University book store. I know they will 
have a text since they offer a course in plant propagation (I taught one 
at one point) in the Horticulture department. The text will have 
references and citations as well on this subject.  

Roy