Subject: question

From: [email-masked] (Sayed_Ali_Mohamad)
Date: 3 Aug 1995 10:25:24 -0700

Dear sir/madam

Does anybody know how can an cleared ovule ( An ovary which fixed in FAA 
and dihedrated through a seris of Alchole and cleared with Metasalysylate)
fixed for electron microscopy>
Is there any alternative for clearing to trime selected ovary for 
electron microscopy.
For your information FAA and metyle salysilate will damage image under 
TEM(transmission electron Microscopy
Best Regard
Ali Maibody

---

From: [email-masked] (Marcel Dicke)
Date: 9 Aug 1995 15:36:55 GMT

In article <Pine.OSF.3.90.950803155708.30361A-100000@thunder>, Gerhard Buck-Sorlin <[email-masked]> says:
I also 
>collected a few ladybirds, but they don't seem to be particularly keen on 
>mealy bugs. What is your opinion on that, and are there possibly other 
>means against this pest?
>

There are ladybirds that eat mealybugs. However, it depends on the species
 of ladybird and on the species of mealybugs. If you collected ladybirds that 
are common in British gardens (seven spotted ladybirds) I doubt that they will
eat mealybugs. In biological control in greenhouses (e.g. botanical gardens)
or in offices, parasitic wasps are often used, as is the case for large 
scale biological control of cassava mealybugs in Africa.

Marcel Dicke
Wageningen, NL