Subject: Announcing Course on Agricultural Biotechnology

From: [email-masked] (DVORAH ART)
Date: 17 May 1995 10:30 GMT

The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Faculty of Agriculture, Rehovot
Otto Warburg Center for Agricultural Biotechnology
Division for External Studies
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                               May 1995

Announces an International Course in
Biotechnology in Agriculture: Plants and Microorganisms

The course will be held from October 25, 1995 - December 13, 1995 at
the Faculty of Agriculture of the Hebrew University in Rehovot,
Israel.

Sophisticated and innovative techniques are the hallmark of Israel's
advance in agriculture based on research. This course aims to provide
students with the tools to use these new biotechnological techniques
in agricultural production. The 304 hour course will include 140 hours
of lecture, 64 hours of hands-on lab work and 100 hours of field trips.
Each topic will be taught by an expert in that field.

We hope that the course will lay the ground for future research
cooperation between participants and researchers here at the Faculty
of Agriculture.

Topics to be covered:

   Biological Control

   Plant Tissue Culture - Methods and Applications

   The Role of Microorganisms in Biotechnological Processes

   Biosolar Energy Conversion

   Molecular Biology in Plant Breeding

   Molecular Biology Applications in Fruit Trees

   Molecular Biology Applications in Floriculture

   Molecular Biology in the Food Industry

   Genetic Engineering of Plants

   Molecular Aspects of the Biology of Plant Pathogenic and
   Other Filamentous Fungi

   Biological Nitrogen Fixation

Tuition is US $5400, excluding air travel costs.  The course will be
taught in English, so a good command of English is essential.
Candidates for the program must have an academic degree in biology or
agriculture from a recognized university.

For more information, or to register for the course, please write to:

(fax):    972-8-470171

(mail):   Miri Abel Ben-Haim,
          The Division for External Studies
          The Faculty of Agriculture
          The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
          POB 12
          Rehovot 76300 ISRAEL

(email):  [email-masked]