Subject: Re: Help! The ants have invaded my house!

From: [email-masked] (Bil E. Goat)
Date: 9 Mar 1995 20:40:08 GMT

In article [email-masked], [email-masked] (Caron Westland) writes:
>
>I've tried everything from commercialized ant killing products to home 
>remedies. >
>Thanks in advance.
>-- 
>Today is the first day of the rest of your dreams....
>                         Caron A. Westland
>                         [email-masked]
>                         

	HI Caron et al,

	Lemon Pledge (tm) works well.  Spray the bugs and any access areas
thoroughly.  It will need to be reapplied periodically.
		Good Hunting (Anting),
		bil                        

****************************************************************************
Disclaimer: NO, the words are correct, but you are Syntactically Challenged!

	      * BIL  at Campbell, Ca.
        __ o  * Ride for Life             Reply:
      _`\<,   * Vegies for Fuel              To: [email-masked]
     (_)/(_)  * Reiki for Health                 Bil Shannon
*****************************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Durham)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 01:57:37 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Caron Westland) 
writes:

>remedies.  I think it's kind of ironic that I used to raise ants on my 
>"ant farm" and now that I'm older I'm trying to get rid of them.  I don't 
>mind the ants outside, as long as they would stay there.  The ants have 
>now come inside the house and they won't leave.  I've cleared my pantry 
>of all open containers.  They are coming up near the sink.  I've tried 
>most recently, chili powder, baking soda, and pepper.  Any sure-fire 
>solutions?  

>Thanks in advance.
Try Terro Ant Killer II. It sure cleared them out of the kitchen, now if it 
will get them out of the bathroom :-). I hope I'm not just chasing them
around to different parts of the house.

---

From: Christina Wistrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 15:48:41 -0800

> >most recently, chili powder, baking soda, and pepper.  Any sure-fire 
 
Hello-
This is just a crazy idea but you might find it interesting.
If you have common black ants (the little ones) bothering you, they can 
be killed with plain old kitchen ammonia, and here's why (straight out of 
my freshman chemistry class).
Ants contain formic acid, a lot like acetic acid, or vinegar. Ammonia is 
a base which neutralizes the acid (and with it , the ant). I've killed 
ants around my house by getting a spray bottle filled with ammonia and 
zapping the ants. Even if they come back, it's an amusing thing to do.
Good luck,
CMWistrom