Subject: Plant Distributors

From: [email-masked] (Jim Watts)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:54:24 -0400

I am interested in starting a plant business.  Can anyone tell me a name of a  
plant distributor/wholesaler and phone numbers?  Thanks.  I also would like 
life experience stories and information about getting started.  Debbie

---

From: J Kroin <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Jun 1996 02:55:38 GMT

There are several national and state groups. First try to find your state 
association. One of the national groups is

The American Assn of Nurserymen, 202-789-2900

Try to visit some of your local garden centers and growers and find out 
what local groups are avail. 
Also call the local (STATE GVT) Cooperative Extension office (usually 
part of your state university); they know all the growers and they have 
helpful information on setting up a small business. 
The local office of the (US GVT) Small Business Administration can give 
you tips on starting a small business such as tax law, registration etc. 

good luck
Joel

-- 
  ******************  Hortus USA Corp. ***************** 
   PO Box 1956 Old Chelsea Station, New York NY 10113 USA
          Rhizopon AA Dry Powders & Tablets for Solutions
                Plant Growth Regulator-Rooting Hormones
  ****************  [email-masked]  **************