Subject: SEARCH FOR KARYOTYPES !

From: [email-masked] (Alicia Sanchez-Mazas)
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 16:58:17 GMT

>>>>>>>>> MAYBE YOU CAN YOU HELP ME:

I am trying to gather genetic information and karyotypes pictures 
for a number of animal and plant species, to present them in an important
exhibition on biodiversity which will be shown in Geneva in october 95
(Natural History Museum).
It is not easy to get this information, especially nice karyotypes !

>>>>>>>>> So I am asking whether some lab could provide me this kind of documents:

- a list with the number of chromosomes, DNA content (pg and/or kb),
  (+ sex chromosomes if known) for different animal and plant species.
- MOSTLY, the pictures and/or photographs of the KARYOTYPES for the same species.
(- if photographs of the corresponding animals are available, this would be
 very useful also)

Of course, the first kind of information is available for many groups in
 many books. But it is lacking for others. Depending on what you are concerned with,
we can discuss through E-mail.
The second kind of documents (karyotypes) are most often difficult to get...

The name of the lab or person who provides the documents will of course be
mentionned in this exhibition.

I hope that someone can help me, at least to give me some references, or
persons to contact.

>>>>>>>>>>> THANK YOU !

NB: IF YOU WANT TO GET MORE INFORMATION about the last exhibition we 
organized, this is the WEB address:

http://acasun1.unige.ch/LGB/LGB-expo.html