Subject: ARS Mass. Chapter Exibit - N.E. Flower Show

From: [email-masked] (GHIBBEN)
Date: 10 Mar 1995 12:21:59 -0500

Flower Show dates: Sat. March 11 through Sunday, March 18th

The Mass Chapter of the American Rhododendron Society presents 'The Garden
of the Lazy Bureaucrat'.  The Chinese urban garden represents a little bit
of paradise. It is filled with flowers, exotic plant forms, ornate stones
and sculpture.  Laid out as a series of rooms or courtyards it is
dedicated to a single theme.  Our garden is modeled after a celebrated
garden in Souchou, China famous for its Rhododendrons.

We present hardy Asian species - R. degronianum, R. oreodoxa var. fargesii
and R. schlippenbachii.  Along with other rare cultivars the exhibit
features our native Enkianthus campanulatus and red bark Chinese maple  It
is a wonderful exhibit.  Please come and visit with us.

Advance notice - On Sunday May 28th our Society will present its Silver
Anniversary Rhododendron Truss Show - Plant Sale and Auction.  Over 300
Rhodendrons and Azalea Trusses and Floral Arrangements will make a
dazzling display.  Univ. of Mass. Field Station, 240 Beaver Street,
Waltham, MA.  10 AM plant sales and workshops begin:  12:30PM Truss Show
opens to the public:  1:00PM Auction.  FREE parking, admission and
workshops

More details - [email-masked]