Subject: Re: What happens to a scraped strawberry

From: [email-masked] (ArtLH)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 13:12:42 -0500

The fruit (actually receptacle) will not develop because the growing seeds
(ovules) secrete the growth regulators necessary for its development. 
Forget what exactly those growth regulators are though - I'd have to look
it up.  I'm sure someone else can tell you more, but that's it in a
nutshell.
Art
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<<How can anyone named after a slimy amphibian be third in line to the
presidency?>>

B3 f t cdv g- k s- r+

---

From: [email-masked] (Maurice47)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 10:56:27 -0500

Does anybody out there know what happens when a stawberry's seeds are
scraped off of it when it is still growing? Does anybody know why?
  
I think you can reach me at [email-masked] or at [email-masked]

Beaver