Subject: Vacancy for a plant cell biologist

From: [email-masked] (Florigene)
Date: 21 Feb 1996 08:47:17 GMT

Scientist

Plant Transformation

Florigene Pty Ltd is a plant biotechnology company located in Melbourne,
Australia with a R&D program directed towards developing novel proprietary
flowers primarily through genetic engineering.

The Company currently employs 20 scientific staff with expertise in gene
isolation, gene expression, plant transformation and trialling.

We have an immediate vacancy for a Scientist to play an active role within
an established plant transformation group.  The successful candidate will
contribute to the improvement of existing gene transfer systems as well as
the routine production of large numbers of novel transgenic plants of
ornamental species.

We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist who would enjoy
working in an active group focused on achieving commercial objectives.

Experience in plant regeneration from cell or tissue culture and expertise
in Agrobacterium-mediated gene transfer methods is essential.  Molecular
biology experience would be an advantage.

Applications in writing, including curriculum vitae and the names of two
professional referees should be forwarded by Friday 8 March, 1996 to :

      Mr Peter Macdonald
      Personnel Manager
      Florigene Pty Ltd
      16 Gipps Street
      Collingwood.   Vic.  3066
      Australia
      
      Tel : (61-3) 9419 9844
      Fax : (61-3) 9416 1761
      e-mail: [email-masked]