Subject: Indigenous Plant Protection (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 11:45:25 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 95 05:32:23 -0700
From: Guus Liebenstein, von <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Subject: Indigenous Plant Protection

INDIGENOUS PLANT PROTECTION SYMPOSIUM
The International Plant Protection Society organizes its 13th
international congress on 2-7 July, 1995 in the Hague, the
Netherlands. Dr J.C. Zadoks, professor emeritus ecological plant
pathology, is the congress organizer. The following information
will also appear in the first issue of the Indigenous Knowledge
and Development Monitor, a newsletter produced by CIRAN/Nuffic
(Centre for International and Advisory Networks).
The Congress is divided into a series of individual symposia,
each addressing a specific aspect of plant protection. The
symposium 'Indigenous knowledge systems' deals with indigenous
knowledge on plant protection. Special emphasis will be put on
the way in which indigenous knowledge and scientific knowledge
will complement each other and jointly contribute to sustainable
development.
Therefore the symposium will promote the dialogue between
indigenous and scientific plant protection in an attempt to
bridge the gap between traditional knowledge and modern
technology.
Specialists from various parts of the world have been invited
to bring their experience and ideas into the discussions.
Others are encouraged to present their views on posters. An
additional workshop will enable all interested parties to
participate in the exchange of ideas and views.
Speakers and a selected number of poster presenters and
participants will be invited to write a paper that will be
published in a book, which include the proceedings and
recommendations of the workshop as well. Invitees will be
requested to put their views on paper as to the situation in
their country provided it has not been dealt with in their
papers. Convener and co-convener of the symposium are:
Prof. Hans de Kruijf (University of Utrecht, The Netherlands)
and Drs Guus von Liebenstein, CIRAN/Nuffic.
Correspondence with respect to the contents of the topic
should be send to the conveners at CIRAN.
Correspondence with respect to the organization should be
addressed to the Congress bureau:
XIII IPPC, c/o Holland Organizing Centre, Parkstraat 29, 2514
JD The Hague, The Netherlands. Tel: +31-70-3657850. Fax: +31-
70-3645748.

Gustaaf. W. von Liebenstein
Director CIRAN
CIRAN/Nuffic
P.O. Box 29777
2502 LT The Hague
The Netherlands
Tel: +31-70-4260321/322/320
Fax: +31-70-4260329 or +31-70-4260399
E-mail: [email-masked]