Subject: Re: Need Info transgenic peppermint

From: [email-masked] (Francisco Jose Lima Aragao)
Date: 23 May 1996 04:58:28 -0700

I am also interested in these references. If you have got any, please 
forward me the message.
Francisco Aragao.

*******************************************************
Francisco J. L. Aragao
EMBRAPA-CENARGEN-ABC
 SAIN Parque Rural C.P. 02372
 70849-970 Brasilia, DF, Brazil.
 FAX : +55-61-3403624 (new)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*******************************************************

On Wed, 22 May 1996, S. Knutson wrote:

> I am looking for information or journal articles on transgenic work done 
> on peppermint or spearmint plants.  Any references would be appreciated.
> 
> 
> sk
>

---

From: [email-masked] (Joyce Van Eck)
Date: 23 May 1996 12:39:09 GMT

> on peppermint or spearmint plants.  Any references would be appreciated.

My thesis research project was on mint regeneration and I initiated
transformation experiments.  The work was continued by another graduate
student.  I have 2 references on mint transformation.

Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of commercial mints, Berry,C., et
al, Scientiae Horticulturae, in press.
      This may have been published since I last heard from my thesis advisor.

Transformation of orange mint, Berry, C. et al, 1990, HortScience 25 (9): 627.
   This is an abstract.

If I can be of any help, feel free to contact me via e-mail.

Good luck,
Joyce Van Eck