Subject: Re: Help with tomato transgenic roots regeneration.

From: [email-masked] (Dr Leonard N. Bloksberg)
Date: 26 Jan 1996 00:10:21 GMT

Hi

I've done quite a bit of work on transformation and regeneration from 
tomato.  My first recomendation is to discard what you've got.  Sorry.
Most people regenerating transgenic tomatoes have success with 
Agrobacterium tumefaciens, not rhizogenes, and most people have gotten 
the best regeneration from leaf or cotyledon pieces.  The early work 
that was done with rhizogenes resulted in extremely abarent plants 
due to the overproduction of auxins.  Even some early attempts to
put disarmed tDNA vectors back into rhizogenes backgrounds leg to
problems.  Good luck, and I hope you can salvage something useful
>from  your work.

Dr. Leonard N. Bloksberg
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
In article <[email-masked]>, Patricia Gleydes Morgante ib - bio 7548 <[email-masked]> says:
>
>
>        Dear experts,
>
>        I'm working with tomato transgenic roots that I've produced by 
>Agrobacterium rhizogenes transformation. I've been trying regenerate 
>these roots but I haven't gotten any results yet. So, I'd like to get 
>some information that can help me. Thanks for your attention.
>                                
>                                        Patricia.
>
>        Patricia Morgante
>        University of Sao Paulo
>        Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology Lab.
>        Sao Paulo, Brazil.