Subject: Re: Eucalyptus -- "snow-euc"

From: [email-masked] ("Mr Gm Rayner [bot] 55634")
Date: 4 Jun 1996 00:26:42 -0700

Sigma asks about snow-eucs
 
> I am seeking information about a species of Eucalyptus grown in
> Australia, in the hills near Melbourne I am told, locally known as
> Snow-Eucs.  I recently saw a photograph of some growing in the snow.
> I would like to correspond with knowledgable Australians on the
> subject.

The plants you enquire about are Snow Gums - also known as White
Sallee (Eucalyptus pauciflora), and they are actually distributed in
alpine and sub-alpine snow-gum woodlands (1500 - 2100 m alt) from
the Central Highlands (east of Melbourne) to southern Qld.  There are
also a number of disjunct populations of the species in other parts
of Victoria, including the Grampians Ranges, Mornington Peninsula,
and central Victoria (remnants of a more widespread distribution ex
the last glaciation)

Hope this is of help.
GR.
this is of help 

From Henk Beentje Tue Jun 18 10:03:54 EDT 1996
Article: 11176 of bionet.plants
Newsgroups: bionet.plants
Path: newz.oit.unc.edu!news_server.cs.unc.edu!news-server.ncren.net!taco.cc.ncsu.edu!biosci!bcm.tmc.edu!pendragon!news.msfc.nasa.gov!newsfeed.internetmci.com!tank.news.pipex.net!pipex!lade.news.pipex.net!pipex!tube.news.pipex.net!pipex!dish.news.pipex.net!pipex!rbgkew.org.uk!usenet
From: Henk Beentje
Subject: Re: query re specific terminology
X-Nntp-Posting-Host: hbeentje-pc
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked] (News Daemon)
Organization: The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, TW9 3AE, England
X-Newsreader: <WinQVT/Net v3.9>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 09:19:44 GMT
Lines: 11

[email-masked] (CCDuncIII) writes:

>Can anyone tell me the correct terminology for the tip of a moonflower bud
>which firsts opens and stays put a few minutes before the glorious show
>begins. For lack of a more descriptive term (at the moment) what comes to
>mind is the penile tip of an uncircumcized child. Thanks..

If you want to be abstruse, you might say protochasmogamous. If you want to
be precise, and clear, better describe it in English!

Henk

---

From: [email-masked] (John Lunghusen)
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 1996 06:54:02 GMT

On 3 Jun 1996 23:32:57 GMT, [email-masked](Len Walde ) wrote:

>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Len Walde, [email-masked] 

The snow-gum that you refer to is probably Eucalyptus pauciflora
If you require any furtheri nformation, don't hesitate to contact me.
Regards
John Lunghusen        Phone/Fax 61 3 97566349
19 Blaxland crt           email [email-masked]
Mooroolbark Vic 3138  for - Plant tissue culture 
Australia