Subject: Fewerfew toxicity?

From: [email-masked] (stephen gough)
Date: 31 Jul 1995 14:09:26 -0400

Could someone put to rest the notion that fewerfew is or is not toxic
(e.g., as a prophylatic for migraine)?  I have witnessed roughly a 50:50
split of opinions on this question from other (many nonscientific)
sources.  However, one or two respondants cite a peer reviewed paper that
suggests the extract MIGHT cause irreversible damage to smooth muscle.

Thanks.

Steve Gough     
Mary Washington College

---

From: [email-masked] (Henriette Kress)
Date: 2 Aug 1995 18:51:41 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>suggests the extract MIGHT cause irreversible damage to smooth muscle.

Read the extensive piece on feverfew in the medicinal herbfaq.
According to net.wisdom (alt.folklore.herbs and the herblist) and a feverfew
researcher it isn't toxic in the amounts you take for migraines.

Best regards
HeK
--
Henriette Kress        [email-masked]
          Helsinki, Finland.