Subject: RNA analysis & PCR methods courses

From: "R.Rapley" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 May 1995 17:26:05 -0700

RNA Extraction & Analysis
                           =========================

                    20 September 1995 & 19th December 1995

                          PCR Methods & Applications
                          ==========================

                    21 September 1995 & 20th December 1995

                           Coventry University, UK

These are two one day laboratory based practical courses that may be
attended alone or as a two day course. They provide a basic
introduction into the extraction and characterisation of RNA and the
techniques and applications of the PCR.

The practical component is supplemented by seminars and demonstrations
in related topics such as ; Northern blotting, mRNA isolation, RPA & S1
mapping, rRNA isolation, cDNA synthesis & RT-PCR etc. for the RNA
course. For the PCR course, Microbe identification, probe preparation,
PCR cloning & sequencing and primer design will be among the topics.  

These introductory courses will be of interest to those initiating work
in these areas or wishing to update their knowledge.  Fees are GBP100
for each course inclusive of lunch, tea/coffee. For attendance at both
courses the fee is GBP160. 

Further Information and Registration forms:

           Debbie Elliott,
           Commercial Development Unit,
           Coventry University,
           Priory Street,
           Coventry,
           CV1 5FB
           United Kingdom.

           Tel.  01203 838145
           Fax.  01203 221396
           email  Dr Ralph Rapley ([email-masked])

*************************************************************************