Subject: Re: plants and solar energy.

From: [email-masked] (MIKERICH)
Date: 16 Jul 1995 00:20:03 -0400

ALL FORMS OF INDOOR LIGHTING ARE INFERIOR TO NATURAL SUNLIGHT, EVEN IF YOU
HAVE A LARGE WINDOW THAT ALLOWS LIGHT TO YOUR PLANTS.  AS LIGHT WAVES PASS
THROUGH GLASS, THE WAVES BECOME LONGER AND HENCE DO NOT MATCH THE
WAVELENGTHS MOST CONDUCIVE TO PLANT GROWTH.  ON THE OTHER HAND, MANY
"HOUSE" PLANTS ARE MORE ADAPTED TO REDUCED LIGHT SITUATIONS, SO YOU MAY
HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR PLANT COLLECTION.  HOWEVER, IF YOU HAVE PLANTS THAT
YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP, THEN YOU MAY USE SOME FORM OF ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING. 
ALTHOUGH THERE ARE MANY SOPHISTICATED GROW LIGHTS AVAILABLE TO HOME
GARDENERS, YOU CAN USE OTHER SOURCES.  THE BEST TIP I CAN GIVE YOU IS THAT
A COMBINATION OF FLOURESCENT AND INCANDESCENT LIGHTS WILL PROVIDE A MORE
COMPLETE LIGHT SOURCE THAN EITHER WILL ALONE.

HAPPY GARDENING

MIKE RICHARDSON

---

From: Martin Landeros <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 12:10:33 -0700

Thank you, your advice is appreciated.
							Martin.