Subject: help--Ginkgo biloba L.

From: [email-masked] (pmiles)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 17:36:57 GMT

Hello, I'm an undergrad at Trent University, Canada hoping to get help, 
advice and/or direction about the past and present distribution of Ginkgo 
biloba L.. I have searched cd-rom and biological abstracts without much 
luck, there doesn't seem to be an over-abundance of material out there.  I 
am aware that wild populations of Ginkgo trees are few and far between but 
was that always the case?  Thanks, Phoebe Miles (in%"[email-masked]")

---

From: Mark Hibbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 95 15:21:25 PDT

In Article<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]> 
write:
> Newsgroups: bionet.plants
> Path: 
ddsw1!news.mcs.net!godot.cc.duq.edu!newsfeed.pitt.edu!gatech!howland.re
ston.ans.net!torn!blaze.trentu.ca!IVORY.trentu.ca!PMILES
> From: [email-masked] (pmiles)
> Subject: help--Ginkgo biloba L.
> X-Nntp-Posting-Host: trentu.ca
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Sender: [email-masked] (USENET News System)
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> Organization: Trent University, Peterborough
> Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 17:36:57 GMT
> Lines: 6
> 

Pheobe,

I don't know how much info you've gathered so far but i have few 
basics from _National_Audubon_Society_Field_Guide_to_North_American_ 
Trees_.

The tree is also called a "Maidenhair-tree". That might help in 
searches. 

It seems to have been a native of South East China and has been 
introduced to North America on the Pacific Coast and Eastern United 
States.

If you want the full text (a page) of the description, habitat and 
comments from the book email me at [email-masked] .