Subject: tangle tree -- invading mushrooms!

From: [email-masked] (Nick Powers)
Date: 6 Jun 1996 03:38:38 GMT

I took a a rather large baby of what i know only as a tangle tree. The full
grown version is about 8 feet tall with leaves two feet across.  It has a 
very large stem (trunk) and large roots (if you can call them roots) stem
out from the stem and go everywhere.

Well anyways the plant did very well in the water and started rooting like
crazy so I put some root tone on the roots and stuck it in a pot after it
grew its first new leaf in the water.

my problem is now after about 3 weeks after being in the pot I've noticed 
several small mushrooms coming up from the pot right around the stem of the
plant!

My questions:

1.		What causes this over/under watering? too much/ too little 
		humidity?

2.		Now what do I do about it?  I'm in love with this plant and
		dont want to loose it!

If you can help me please email me at [email-masked]

thanks in advance!