Subject: Developing Super Computer Project

From: "Louis F. Jewett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 1995 12:59:13 -0600

Hello thank you for takeing time to read this. Let me first start off 
by saying I am a 17 year old high school student. Me and a team are working
on an ambitious goal of creating a Virtual Envirnment off a 100 square mile
area of New Mexico. Includeing ALL plant and animal life. This project will
be done on the Ncube super computer and will simulate the movement of all 
life in the area. this will allow us to test introduceing or removeing a 
species from this area. However the ammounts of data needed will be huge,
we need plant regeneration and animal reproduction, I didn't know where 
to ask so I chose here can any one Point me to a location to get 
information????? Thank you very much!!

   -The Knight        Ë
                    ÀÄ×ÄÙ
                      ³
                    ±±³±±
±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

---

From: [email-masked] (Ellen Groesch)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 18:24:13 GMT

"Louis F. Jewett" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hello thank you for takeing time to read this. Let me first start off=20
>be done on the Ncube super computer and will simulate the movement of all=
>life in the area. this will allow us to test introduceing or removeing a=20
>we need plant regeneration and animal reproduction, I didn't know where=20
>to ask so I chose here can any one Point me to a location to get=20

Sounds like you have quite a project.

If you have access to the Web, you should look a
http://alife.santafe.edu      and  Science- Artifical Life in YAHOO
for additional links.

These will give you some ideas what people have been doing for years
in creating life on computers.

Joe  - Ellen's first husband