Subject: Re: Pls help propagating Spider plant

From: J Kroin <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Jun 1996 03:58:21 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
>[email-masked]. wrote:
>
>>Where do uou take a cutting from on a spider plant and how do you root
>>it? TIA.
>
>Cut a couple of stems and trim the leaves at the top. Put them upside
>down in water and roots will appear after about a 7-10 days. When you
>decide to plant keep the soil moist, as you would do with the 'mother
>plant'.
>
>You can also divide the 'mother plant', do so in Spring.
>--
>Respect voor je eigen cultuur stopt waar intolerantie begint.
>

Spider plant is one of the easy plants to propagate. It is very easy to 
divide the roots...the plantlets will just fall away from the main root 
mass. Simply replant the little plants. If the root mass is large enough 
just take a sharp knife and split the root ball. As long as you have a 
few leaves and a few roots the new plant will be as big as the old plant 
within a year. If each plant produces 10 plantlets per year in the 
secound year you will have 10x10= 100 plants. In the third year you will 
have enough plants to fill the grand ball room. Good luck!!!]

Regards
Joel

-- 
              *******************  Hortus USA Corp. ******************* 
              PO Box 1956 Old Chelsea Station, New York NY 10113 USA
    Exclusive USA Importer of Rhizopon Plant Growth Regulator-Rooting 
Hormones
              ****************  [email-masked]  **************

---

From: [email-masked](Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 8 Jun 1996 21:41:47 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked].
>Where do uou take a cutting from on a spider plant and how do you root
Hi....what is a spider plant? Genus? I know of the spider lilly, but
never heard of it referred to as a plant. Micro.