Subject: bananas

From: [email-masked] (Keith Benson )
Date: 12 Aug 1995 18:57:09 GMT

Hello bionet.plants readers,

I am looking for information about where I might acquire different
Banana varieties.  If you know of any nurseries that carry bananas
please drop me a line.  Also if anyone has a collection of bananas and
would be interested in selling/trading corms let me know.  I will
compile the information in separate sections and post the completed
list to bionet.plants in the near future.

Thank you in advance,

Keith Benson
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 13 Aug 1995 20:51:50 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Keith
>list to bionet.plants in the near future.

Take a trip to Belem, Brasil. The red banana (banana Sao Tome) and the
tiny honey flavored (banana nanica) are some of the best. They will
grow only in greenhouses where heat and moisture are abundant. Never
saw any in the USA. From a brasileiro. Good luck!