Subject: Prairie Lily: Info Needed!

From: [email-masked] (Dave Plummer)
Date: 1 May 1996 00:40:33 GMT

I'm trying to find out exactly what a Prairie Lily (the provincial
flower of Saskatchewan, in Canada) is, and from there, I'd like to
obtain some!

I talked to the municipal greenhouse there, who suggested that it was
"Lilium Philadelphicum", but on future inspection, I've seen that listed
as being a "Wood Lily".  

If you have any info that might be of help, please drop me an email
note!

Thanks,
Dave

---

From: [email-masked] (Alfred Falk)
Date: Thu, 02 May 96 16:54:07 GMT

>If you have any info that might be of help, please drop me an email

"Lilium Philadelphicum var. Wolfgangii" is correct.  "Wood Lily" seems to be 
the most widely used common name.  Never trust common names.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred Falk                       [email-masked]              A L B E R T A
Information Systems Dept          (403) 450-5185            R E S E A R C H
Box 8330, Station F                                           C O U N C I L
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6H 5X2
http://saturn.arc.ab.ca/~falk/                     http://www.arc.ab.ca/