Subject: How do you grow seeds of wild cotton?

From: [email-masked] (Louise Robinson)
Date: 9 Apr 1995 21:14:31 GMT

I have a Gossypium Hirsutum (wild cotton) which I bought at the FSU plant 
show last year. I've had 5 tufts of cotton grow so far, and pulled them 
apart to find the tiny seeds at the center. I tried to grow four of the 
seeds in potting soil about 1 1/2 months ago and none of them have 
germinated. 

Obviously, I didn't do something right. Does anyone know how to propogate 
the wild cotton from seeds? I asked the Florida Native Plant Society 
members at the newest show yesterday (I bought the plant from them last 
year) and they were unable to answer my question. 

I really like this plant and would love to grow some of my own!

Thank you for reading this. Any help is most appreciated! I have some 
seeds from the latest tuft of  cotton and would love to see them sprout.

Louise
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Mike)
Date: 14 Apr 1995 02:22:44 GMT

>seeds from the latest tuft of  cotton and would love to see them sprout.

	Try placing the seeds on a moist paper towel. Take the towel ,with the seeds, and put it in a small glass jar. 
Close the jar tightly and place it near a window. Do not 
allow the seeds to be exposed to direct light for long periods of time. Hopefully this will work!

				GOOD LUCK! 
					SCOTT