Subject: Re: Wet/dry bulb table.

From: [email-masked] (Marc van Iersel)
Date: 11 Jun 1996 09:59:05 -0700

At 08:39 PM 6/6/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Does anybody have a table of wey/dry bulb relative humidity values please ?
>Better yet, is there a formula that can be used to calculate the humidity usung
> wet and dry bulb thermometers
>?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Ivan.
>
>

By far the easiest way to determine humidity from dry and wet bulb
temperatures is to use a psychrometric chart.  This will give you relative
humidity, absolute humidity, and dew point (or saturation temperature).
Psychrometric charts are available from the American Society of Heating,
Refrigerating, and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
It is also possible to calculate these values, but that is much more
complicated.  ASHRAE has a handbook that contains all the necessary information.
If you have access to Excel, you can download a program from the WWW at
http://www.ior.com/~randyw/engrproj.html that can do all these calculations
for you.

Marc
Marc van Iersel			E-mail: [email-masked]
Assistant Professor		
Department of Horticulture	Tel: (770) 412-4766
University of Georgia		Fax: (770) 412-4764
Georgia Station
Griffin, GA 30223-1797