Subject: Autoecology of Arbutus spp.

From: [email-masked] (Lance Sentman)
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 02:46:46 GMT

Just seeking any info available say, from common garden studies or forestry 
trials, of this species.

---

From: [email-masked] (EJGOLD)
Date: 29 May 1995 18:44:17 -0400

-Subject: Autoecology of Arbutus spp.
-From: [email-masked] (Lance Sentman)
-Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 02:46:46 GMT
-Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
-
-Just seeking any info available say, from common garden studies or
forestry 
-trials, of this species.

Recently a symposium was held in Seattle at the Center for Urban
Horticulture on the decline of the pacific madrone, Arbutus menzeisii
(sp). A variety of papers were delivered and discussions held regarding
this particular species of Arbutus. The complete proceedings are being
published as one document, and will be available for $15.00. The only
outlet for this info that I can recall is the Seattle Department of Parks
and Recreation. Specifically try their Urban Forester- I think
(206)386-2710 will get you there.

(hopefully this will help- you didn't say which Arbutus spp. you are
interested in.)

EJ