Subject: Join us in rec.gardens, please!

From: [email-masked]
Date: 9 May 95 05:13:13 -0500

Many of the questions of recent days in bionet.plants are gardening
type questions that could probably best be answered with a garden
encyclopedia for your area (ask your public library reference librarian!)
or by stopping over to rec.gardens for a chat with the mostly friendly
folks there (some days we do get a bit grumpy!).

Please join us there!  8-)

Kay Klier  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Una Smith)
Date: 9 May 1995 15:39:39 GMT

[email-masked] writes:

>type questions ...

Like Kay Klier, I read both bionet.plants and rec.gardens.  To keep
the off-topic traffic to a minimum, I will not answer the gardening
questions that are posted to bionet.plants, but I do answer similar
queries in rec.gardens.

I'd like to encourage any plant enthusiasts or botanists who follow
bionet.plants to check out rec.gardens.  Rec.gardens is busy right
now, but there is a reorganization in the works, which should yield
a series of more finely defined newsgroups, for our mutual benefit.