Subject: Help: eucalyptus trees

From: Ulrich Poppe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 17:43:30 +0100

I need help!

Has anybody else tried to grow eucalyptus trees as room plants?
If you know anything about that, please give me a short answer.
Thanks!

---

From: Virginia Appleman <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Apr 1996 18:10:53 GMT

As room plants, keep to the smaller species. Lots of Eucalyptus grow
really, really huge, so the cineraria and some of the mallee types are
really better for indoors than the blue gum or camaldulensis. Give the
sharp sand for tons of drainage, extra strong light (except the mallee)
and regular, but not copious drainage. They're pretty vigorous for
indoor plants. Start with a medium pot and bump them up each year to a
size larger, then keep them trimmed to that size. It'll dwarf them, but
that's the only way they'll keep indoors for long. Easy on the basic
13-13-13 fertilizer -- unless you want a Euc. forest in your house.
Good luck. Have you tried growing them outside? In S. Texas, below
Houston, I had a E. bungii taller than the house, which was root-hardy
to 12 degrees. It's your basic grove, now.
From: Ulrich Poppe <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: bionet.plants
Subject: Help: eucalyptus trees
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 17:43:30 +0100
Organization: Rechenzentrum TU Braunschweig
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

I need help!