Subject: Position Open

From: [email-masked] ("Judit Monis")
Date: 22 May 1996 10:52:24 -0700

POSITION OPENING

RESEARCH ASSISTANT

The Agritope, Inc. Research and Development Department is seeking a qualified
individual to assist in the grapevine disease diagnosis program.  The position
requires either an M.S. or a B.S. degree with 2 or more years of relevant
experience in plant pathology, biology, immunology or related field.  Incumbent
will apply strong technical, communication, and interpersonal skills to the
diagnosis of grapevine viruses using molecular and immunological approaches. 
Experience with some or all of the following is desirable, in order of
importance: ELISA for the detection of plant viruses or bacteria, plant tissue
culture techniques for the elimination of viral diseases, Western blot assay,
antibody purification, development of monoclonal antibodies, development of
molecular probes, and statistical analyses.

Agritope, Inc., the agricultural biotechnology subsidiary of Epitope, Inc.,
performs research and development with primary emphasis on improving the post-
harvest shelf life of plants through genetic engineering.

Send curriculum vitae along with three professional references by June 17, 1996
to:

            Human Resources Representative
            Epitope, Inc.
            8505 SW Creekside Place
            Beaverton, OR  97008

            Fax: (503) 643-2781

Epitope, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of
nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, national origin,
citizenship status, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, workers'
compensation status, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any
other status protected under applicable local, state or federal
nondiscrimination law.  It is our intention that all applicants be given equal
opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments/opinions in this message are solely those of the sender, 
and do not necessarily reflect the views of Epitope, Incorporated 
or any of its subsidiaries.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------