Subject: You Can Help Protect UK Plantlife

From: [email-masked] ("Bill Edwards at BTCV")
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 11:17:57 +0000

The key to saving wildlife is protecting habitats. Spend your weekend
in the countryside doing practical conservation projects with the 
British Trust for Conservation Volunteers

Have fun. Make new friends. Learn a new skill. At the same time you will 
be putting something back into the environment.

Residential weekends cost as little as 15. Accommodation, food, tools, 
protective clothing, and transport to site are all provided. All projects 
have skilled leaders who will give all the help and guidance you need. 
Anyone over the age of 18 can come along and take part.

NORTH WEST SUMMER PROGRAMME
Project 9, 5-7 May, Fence Construction, Pendle, Accom Simple, 20
Project 10, 12-14 May, Drystone Walling, West Pennines, Accom Standard, 25
Project 11, 19-21 May, Improve Access, Ramsbottom, Accom Standard, 25
Project 12, 2-4 June, Drystone Walling, South Pennines, Accom Standard, 30
Project 13, 16-18 June, Improve Access, Salesbury Common, Accom Simple, 15
Project 14, 23-25 June, Improve Access, South Cumbria, Accom Simple, 25
Project 15, 30 June -2 July, Fence Construction, West Pennines, Accom Standard, 25
Project 16, 14-16 July, Drystone Walling, Forest of Bowland, Accom Simple, 20
Project 17, 4-6 August, Improve Access, Cheshire, Accom Simple, 20
Project 18, 25-27 Aug, Drystone Walling, Forest of Bowland, Accom Simple, 15
Project 19, 1-3 Sept, Birdhide Construction, Cheshire, Accom Simple, 20
Project 20, 8-10 Sept, Dune Management, Royal Birkdale GC, Accom Standard, 30
Project 21, 15-17 Sept, Pond Management, West Pennines, Accom Standard, 25

To GET A  BROCHURE or Get More Information
Phone Val Sutton 0161 872 7640 (office hours).  
Say you heard about BTCV through internet!
or  
e-mail [email-masked]

See our WWW page on http://www.demon.co.uk/dobx/btcv.html

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Projects usually begin Friday night, when the minibus picks you up
from the railway station or agreed collection point. 
Food is provided from Friday evening to Sunday lunch. 
Everyone helps to cook and wash up.

SIMPLE accommodation is usually in village halls, or equivalent, 
sleeping on karrimat or mattress on the floor.
STANDARD accommodation is hostel type dormitory sleeping arrangements, 
with separate dinning area, lounge and showers.

You will need a sleeping bag, wash kit, work clothes, waterproofs 
and steel toe-capped boots / wellingtons. 
Safety footwear can be hired from the BTCV office.

Come along and have fun.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 North West Conservation Volunteers 
    EMail: [email-masked]                
      WWW: http://www.demon.co.uk/dobx/btcv.html
     Tele: Val Sutton on 0161 872 7640                       
snailMail: 24 Seymour Grv, Old Trafford, MANCHESTER M16 0LH
-----------------------------------------------------------------