Subject: WWW: Edible Plants Home Page

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 96 16:46:36 PDT

http://www.pizazz.com/pizazz/plants

The Official Edible Plants Home Page has some excellent info about edible 
native plants.

This content-rich site has educational information. Knowlege of plants is 
important for creating a sense of the wonder of nature in children and 
people of all ages. Knowing something about a landscape may make it less 
drab and "empty" in the mind of a person. This identification with the 
local botany can also lead to greater respect and a desire to wisely 
consider land usage. A free recipe is offered to those who request it by 
email. Sample information and artwork from the book give an idea of the 
quality of this useful field guide for wild plants you can eat.

The site maintainers are always glad to hear about new edible plant 
resources on the net. The site is currently accepting article submissions 
for edible wildflowers which bloom in the spring season of the North 
American continent. Don't delay, send your work for review as soon as you 
can! Disclaimer- (No submissions can be returned, all submissions must be 
via email, no promises are made or implied.) 

The website is sponsored by "A Taste of Nature; Edible Plants of the 
Southwest and How to Prepare Them" (c) 1994 Kahanah Farnsworth, San Diego, 
California. After looking through this book we decided it was quite a 
bargain at $10 US and we put a copy in with the camping equipment for the 
next trip into the great outdoors.