Subject: Re: Req more info on Cheanorrhinum origanifolium

From: Piers Trehane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 95 09:46:38 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>
           [email-masked] "Yolanda van Nieuwkoop" writes:

> Cheanorrhinum origanifolium 'Blue Dreams'  was given to me this July. It did
> not come with a common name. It is a small  plant with blue flowers All the
> label says it should grow in the sun. I put it on my terras in the sun and
> it has been flowering ever since. I cannot find any reference to it in any of
> my books or in the library. I would like to know more, like can it withstand
> frost, or maybe it is an annual and where does it originally come from.  

Yolanda,
 
If you use the spelling Chaenorhinum* you may find more!  All I can tell you is
that this is a very variable perennial species ranging through SW to SC Europe
with about 4 subspecies (in themselves, variable).  I am not aware of a common
name in English although a vernacular name could be <Blue Dreams origanum-leaved dwarf
snapdragon>
 
* note: single "r".

Is the cultivar not `Blue Dream' (without the "s")?

Piers
-- 
________________________________________________
 Piers Trehane  -  Editor of "INDEX HORTENSIS"
 Hampreston Manor, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 7LX, UK
 [email-masked]