Subject: DO LILIES PRODUCE VIABLE SEEDS?

From: [email-masked] (Sophie Weirich)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 23:32:41 GMT

Hello,
 
My name is Sophie Weirich.  I am a grade 11 student in British Columbia.  
I am doing research on the effects of ultraviolet radiation on plant 
reproduction.  I need to know if Star-Gazer lilies will produce a viable 
seed, and if so a technique for germinating them.  If you have any 
information on this or know of someone working in a related area, please 
contact me, I would appreciate any advice you can offer.  If Star-Gazers 
do not produce viable seed, I need a species that will meet the following 
three pieces of criteria:
	1. Produce viable seed that I can go from pollination - seed  - 
germination in about 3 - 4 months.
	2. Have well defined stigmas and anthers.
	3. Bloom between September and early November.
I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Sophie Weirich
[email-masked]
(604) 864-9820