Subject: Help for my yellow mapple

From: [email-masked] (Josee Levesque)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 16:51:44 GMT

Hi,

          Do someone know anything about this: my yellow maples do not
grow nice green leaves anymore. All the new leaves become yellowish
and finally dry and fall off the tree. The leaves first start as a
light green and then the yellow appears between the "nerves" system.
It stays green around the nerves. I would like to save them if
possible. I would appreciate any help and advises. 

Merci!

          Josee Levesque   [email-masked]

---

From: Jose Saenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 17:25:01 -0800

>           Josee Levesque   [email-masked]
Hi Josee,
	It is difficult to give a diagnosis without having available more 
information. But I will try to do my best for helping you.
	I related the symptoms that you described as a chlorosis, probably 
an iron chlorosis.   This chlorosis is produced for lacking of available 
iron in the soil.
This problem generally occur under the following conditions:
					possible solution
1-High pH of the soil ----------------Application of sulfur in the ground
2-Clay soil---------------------------Add organic matter or sand
3-Excess of water---------------------reduce water
4-Lack of oxigen in the root zone-----reduce water
				      add organic matter or sand
Also a short-time solution could be to spray the foliage with 
iron-quelates. If you use this treatment be careffull with the dosis and 
concentration of iron because it can cause burning of the leaves.	
		Good luck
				Jose