Subject: Re: Plants that grow without light ???

From: "Christoph Metelmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 May 1996 20:24:53 +0100

In message 8 May 1996 13:32:31 GMT,
  Anton de Snayer <[email-masked]>  writes:

>
> Real plants can't do without light. It's their source of energy, so if
> they don't get light they will die, eventually. It is the same as asking
> if it is possible to stay alive without eating and drinking.
>
> Anton
>
What about parasitic plants like Monotropa uniflora?  Of course the host
would need light, but I think there is a difference.  --  Chris

---

From: Charles Hesselein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 16:16:50 GMT

Dear Mark,

A few plants come to mind although they do need some light.  The cast 
iron plant (Aspidistra elatior), peace lily (Spathiphyllum spp.), parlor 
palm (Neanthe bella) and Chinese evergreen (Aglaonema spp.)  There's a few 
for starters.

Chazz

*******************************************
*    Charles P. (Chazz) Hesselein         *
*    Extension Horticulturist, ACES       *
*    [email-masked]          *
*    1-334-342-2366  fax: 1-334-342-1022  *
*******************************************