Subject: Research Technologist II/ Plant Transformation

From: [email-masked] (Thomas E. Clemente)
Date: 22 Jul 1996 13:48:11 GMT

The position is responsible for the genetic engineering of plant species
and the maintenance of plants under greenhouse and growth chamber
conditions for the Plant Transformation Core Research Facility in the
Center for Biotechnology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.  The
individual will assist in the design and execution of experiments and the
subsequent analysis of the data.

A B.S. with a major in the plant sciences plus 3 years experience in plant
genetic engineering required.  M.S. degree preferred.  A strong background
in plant gene transfer techniques is essential.  Greenhouse and growth
chamber experience is necessary.  The individual must have excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.  Molecular biology or microbiology
experience preferred.

A minimum annual salary of $23,373 plus excellent benefits.  Submit a
cover letter and resume postmarked by 8/2/1996 to:

Thomas E. Clemente
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
E324 Beadle Center
Lincoln, NE 68588-0665

Tele: 402-472-1428
Fax: 402-472-3139
email: [email-masked]