Subject: Plant Molecular Biology Grad Programs ... HELP!

From: [email-masked](Brian Jeffrey MacNevin )
Date: 24 Jan 1996 06:00:56 GMT

I am a graduate of UCSD in Animal Physiology and Neuroscience.  But my
interests have changed over to molecular biology.  Only I would like to
learn molecular biology with plants instead of animals.
So, if anyone can e-mail me info on programs in plant molecular biology
and suggestions for texts in Plant Physiology and molecular control, I
would be very grateful.
    Thank you,
        Brian MacNevin
        [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Kenneth J McNeil)
Date: 24 Jan 1996 23:04:37 -0600

>and suggestions for texts in Plant Physiology and molecular control, I

Are you sure you want to do it? Have you checked with anyone to see what 
the job market is for grad students coming out of plant biology programs? 
It isn't a very promising.

Basic text: Salisbury and Ross is widely used for plant physiology. 

Journals: The Plant Cell, Plant Physiology

Ken