Subject: The Corn (Maize) Club

From: [email-masked] (Bob Batson)
Date: 23 Jan 1996 22:05:57 GMT

The Corn Club

  This offshoot of the Seed Savers Exchange was formed this year to
promote work by "serious amateurs" on breeding improved corn (maize)
cultivars. In particular, members of the Club will have access to seed
>from  several mass-selected populations currently under trial at the
Michael Fields Agricultural Institute. For more information, contact
Walter Goldstein, Research Director, Michael Fields Agricultural
Institute, W2493 Co. Rd. ES, East Troy, WI 53120, phone 414-642-3303.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Reprinted with permission from the December 1995 _HortIdeas_. Copyright
1995 by Greg and Pat Williams. _HortIdeas_ (ISSN 0742-8219) is published
monthly. Annual subscription rates: U.S., $20 second class or $22 first
class; Canada and Mexico, $26; Overseas, $30 surface mail or $35 air
mail. Single issues: North America, $2.00 each; Overseas, $3.00 each,
surface mail, or $3.50 each, air mail. For more information or a
subscription, write: HortIdeas, 460 Black Lick Road, Gravel Switch, KY
40328, USA.

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Batson                              L 39 12 14 N  94 33 16 W
[email-masked]                           Kansas City
[email-masked]                    USDA zone 5b
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Under the most controlled conditions, the experimental apparatus will
do exactly as it pleases.