Subject: Basil Plant-help!

From: [email-masked] (Erin Culley)
Date: 31 Jul 1995 07:14:08 GMT

This question seems incredibly pedestrian in light of what I've read in
this group so far, but I don't know where else to go to ask it so, here we
go:  I was just given a basil plant by a friend; it's growing like crazy
and I've been pinching off the leaves as they get big but wanted to know:
should I "top off" the plant?  It's about six inches tall now and just a
single stalk with lots of leaves; I want it to be fuller. If I should top
it off, how far from the top of the plant should I do it?  Thanks in
advance for any advice!

---

From: [email-masked] (Henriette Kress)
Date: 31 Jul 1995 14:48:00 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked] says...
..need help growing basil...

1. the usenet newsgroup rec.gardens usually covers topics like this.
2. go get the culinary herbfaq (available by www from 
   http://frank.mtsu.edu/~sward/herb/grow.html
   This should answer your questions on basil (a frequently asked question
   on rec.gardens).

--
Henriette Kress        [email-masked]
          Helsinki, Finland.