Subject: Seeking Molecular/Biochemistry Position

From: [email-masked] (Ioannis M. Ioannides)
Date: 14 Jun 1996 22:36:55 GMT

I am presently seeking a position in industry, research institute, or
academia, working in the areas of plant/bacterial biochemistry/molecular
biology.  My experiences are from working with plant and microbial pigment
biochemistry and molecular biology of microbial enzymes.  However, my broad
background allows me to work in multi-disciplinary applications. I have no
preferences toward geographical region, domestic or international.  

CV Below

For inquiries please email me at the address below.

Kind regards,
Ioannis M. Ioannides, Ph.D.
[email-masked]

Curriculum Vitae
Ioannis M. Ioannides

Division of  Anaerobic Microbiology
Department of Animal Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
1207 West Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 61801 / U.S.A.
Tel: (217) 333-8809
FAX: (217) 333-8804
e-Mail: [email-masked]

I.	EDUCATION

	Post Doctoral	Molecular Biology / Anaerobic Microbiology
				University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign	11/93-Present
	Doctorate		Porphyrin Biochemistry
				University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign	1993
	Master of Science	Pigment Biochemistry
				University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign	1989
	Bachelor of Science	Plant Production
				Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki				1986

II.	PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

	Postdoctoral Research Associate												11/93-Present
	University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
	Graduate Research Assistant															1/87-11/93
	University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
	Research Assistant								1/83-2/86
	Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki
	Practical Training-Field Experience										4/83-9/83
	Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki

III.	RESEARCH EXPERIENCE

	Molecular Biology
Genomic and Plasmid DNA Isolation, Nucleic Acid Hybridization, DNA Cloning,
Random Priming, End-labeling, Southern Blotting - RFLP Mapping, Northern
Blotting - RNA Isolation, Library Construction and Screening, Quantitative
RT-PCR, Inverse PCR, Genome-walking PCR, In vitro
Transcription-Translation, cDNA Preparation, DNA Sequence Analysis, Dideoxy
DNA Sequencing, Oligonucleotide Synthesis and Gene Transformation (CaCl2 -
Electroporation)

	Biochemistry / Physiology
Enzymatic and Biochemical Assays, Use of Cell-Free Systems to Study
Biosynthetic Pathways, Kinetic Analysis of Biosynthetic Branching,
Purification of Tetrapyrroles (TLC, HPLC), Separation, Size Analysis and
Activity Staining of Proteins by Native and SDS-PAGE, Spectrophotometry,
Spectrofluorometry, 1H NMR Spectrometry, Mass Spectroscopy, Fourier
Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy, X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
and Elemental (C, H, N) Combustion Analysis

	Microbiology
Anaerobic Culture Technology, Medium Preparation and Sterilization, Growth
Physiology, Cell Disruption Techniques, Enzymatic Assays, Fermentation
Systems, Batch Cultivation and Selective Enrichment

	Computer Expertise
Gene Sequence Analysis, 3-D Molecular Modeling, Video Image Technology,
Knowledge Based Models and Expert Systems, Graphing and Statistical
Analysis, Slide and Photo Production and Word Processing

IV.	ORGANIZATIONS and PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES

	President	International Agriculture Student Association	4/92-8/93
		Nominated for Outstanding Student
		Organization Award for 1993

	Crop Science Society of America 
	Gamma Sigma Delta-Honor Society of Agriculture
	American Society of Microbiology

V.	PUBLICATIONS

Shedbalkar, V. P., I. M. Ioannides, and C. A. Rebeiz. (1991). Chloroplast
biogenesis. Detection of monovinyl protochlorophyll(ide) b in plants.
Journal of Biological Chemistry. 226:17151-17157

Ioannides, I. M., K. R. Robertson, and C. A. Rebeiz. (1992). Chloroplast
biogenesis 65. Study of the greening group affiliation of green plants.
Plant Physiology (Life Sci. Adv.) 11:79-88

Fasoula, D. A. and I. M. Ioannides. (1992). Breeding significance and
measurement of the departure from normality of single-plant-yield frequency
distributions. 4th Congress of the Hellenic Scientific Society for the
Genetic Improvement of Plants

Rebeiz, C. A., R. Parham, D. A. Fasoula, and I. M. Ioannides. (1994).
Chlorophyll a biosynthetic heterogeneity. The biosynthesis of the
tetrapyrrole pigments. Ciba Foundation Symposium; pp. 177-193

Ioannides, I. M., D. A. Fasoula, K. R. Robertson, and C. A. Rebeiz. (1994).
An evolutionary study of chlorophyll biosynthetic heterogeneity of green
plants. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology. 22:211-220

Ioannides, I. M. and C. A. Rebeiz. (1996). Quantitative determination of
monovinyl protochlorophyllide b (ester) by spectrofluorometry. Analytical
Biochemistry [Submitted]

Ioannides, I. M. and C. A. Rebeiz. (1996). Development of a cell free
system capable of the net biosynthesis and accumulation of 2-MV chlorophyll
b in the light. Biochemistry [Submitted]

Rebeiz, C. A., B. R. Wade, A. J. Baublis, I. M. Ioannides, D. A. Fasoula,
K. E. Diehl, and C. Smyth. (1996). Semiemperical quantum mechanical
calculations of various descriptors of the monovinyl and divinyl
tetrapyrrole intermediates of the chlorophyll biosynthetic pathway [In
preparation]

Ioannides, I. M., P. E. Vercoe, B. A. White, and R. I. Mackie. (1996).
Cloning and sequencing of NADP-dependent glutamate dehydrogenase (GDH)
gene, from the cellulolytic ruminal bacterium Ruminococcus flavefaciens
FD-1 [In preparation]

Ioannides, I. M., M. D. Berber-Jimenez, B. A. White, and R. I. Mackie.
(1996). Characterization of the yellow fluorescent compound produced by
Ruminococcus flavefaciens during growth on cellulose [In preparation]

VI.	ABSTRACTS

Ioannides, I. M., K. R. Robertson, and C. A. Rebeiz. (1991). Evolutionary
study of the greening group affiliation of green plants. American Journal
of Botany. 78 (6):193

Rebeiz, C. A., R. Parham, D. A. Fasoula, and I. M. Ioannides. (1993).
Chlorophyll a biosynthetic heterogeneity. The biosynthesis of the
tetrapyrrole pigments. Ciba Foundation Symposium No. 180

Fasoula, D. A., I. M. Ioannides, and V. A. Fasoula. (1993). A criterion for
selection among entries that considers jointly productivity, stabilidy and
heritability. Agronomy Abstracts. p. 88

Ioannides, I. M., M. D. Berber-Jimenez, B. A. White, and R. I. Mackie.
(1995). Purification and putative characterization of the yellow
fluorescent compound produced by Ruminococcus flavefaciens during growth on
cellulose. American Society for Microbiology. 95th Annual Meeting,
Washington DC

Ioannides, I. M., P. E. Vercoe, B. A. White, and R. I. Mackie. (1996).
Cloning and sequencing of NADP-dependent glutamate dehydrogenase (GDH)
gene, from the cellulolytic ruminal bacterium Ruminococcus flavefaciens
FD-1. American Society for Microbiology. 96th Annual Meeting, New Orleans

VII.	SYMPOSIA ATTENDED

	1994	Biotechnology Training Programs. Introduction to Polymerase Chain
		Reaction (PCR) and Quantitative RT - PCR. Loyola University Medical
		Center, Chicago, Illinois

	1994	Applications of Molecular Techniques in Environmental
Engineering.		University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

	1994	Animal Sciences Graduate Student Retreat.
		University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

	1995	Animal Sciences Graduate Student Retreat.
		University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

	1995	Nitrogen Metabolism and Related Topics. 
		University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

	1995	Bryant 70th Symposium. Rumen Microbiology, the Environmental
		Application of Microorganisms and Biodiversity.
		University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

VIII.	SEMINARS and PRESENTATIONS

1989	Chlorophyll biosynthetic heterogeneity of green plants. Department of
	Horticulture, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

1991	Evolutionary study of the greening group affiliation of green plants.
	American Institute of Biological Sciences meeting, San Antonio, Texas

1992	Intermediate metabolism of the chlorophyll b biosynthetic pathway.
	Department of Horticulture, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

1993	Metabolism of the 2-MV protochlorophyllide b. An intermediate of the
	chlorophyll b biosynthetic pathway. Department of Horticulture, University
	of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

1994	Invited speaker:  Chlorophyll degradation in the rumen. Department of
	Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

1994	Invited speaker:  Bacillus DNA in bees: A window to ancient symbiotic
	relationships? Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois,
Urbana-	Champaign

1994	Invited lecturer:  Presented several lectures covering the topics of
	Carbohydrates, TCA cycle and Glycolysis to an upper level under-graduate
	biochemistry course. Department of Animal Sciences, University of
Illinois, 	Urbana-Champaign

1995	Invited speaker:  Why does Escherichia coli have two primary pathways
for 	synthesis of glutamate? Department of Animal Sciences, University of
Illinois, 	Urbana-Champaign

1995	Invited lecturer:  Presented several lectures covering the topics of
Overview of 	Intermediary metabolism, Carbohydrates, TCA cycle and
Glycolysis to an upper 	level under-graduate biochemistry course.
Department of Animal Sciences, 	University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

IX.	REFERENCES

Roderick I. Mackie, Professor
Post doctoral advisor
Department of Animal Sciences
Division of Microbiology
458 Animal Sciences Laboratory
1207 West Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 61801
Tel: (217) 244-2526

Bryan A. White, Associate Professor
Post doctoral co-advisor
Department of Animal Sciences
Division of Microbiology
460 Animal Sciences Laboratory
1207 West Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 6180
Tel: (217) 333-2091

Constantin A. Rebeiz, Professor
Ph.D. advisor
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
240b Plant and Animal Biotechnology Laboratory
1201 West Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 61801
Tel: (217) 333-1968