Subject: Re: New Bionet Newsgroup

From: [email-masked](Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 24 Apr 1996 21:31:02 GMT

In <[email-masked]> paul ealing <paul
[email-masked]> writes: 
>
>Dear All,  How about starting a newsgroup called transgenic plants.
>  Does anyone know how to commence?  Paul Ealing

No, but I bet the webmaster at Netcom can arrange for one. I would like
to participate in it. Mike Roginsky, [email-masked]

:) Let me know if it goes through.......Thanks.

---

From: [email-masked] (Allgemeine Genetik)
Date: 25 Apr 1996 11:36:31 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
says...
>  Does anyone know how to commence?  Paul Ealing

I would be interested in such a news group

Hans M. Rupp
Dept. Gen. Genetics
University of Tuebingen
Germany

---

From: [email-masked] (Fure-Chyi Chen ���ֺX)
Date: 26 Apr 1996 21:43:27 -0700

Hi Paul:
This is a good idea. I hope we will have newsgroup to discuss every 
aspect of transformation. Chen

---

From: [email-masked](Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 1 May 1996 21:03:23 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked]

>I would be interested in such a news group
Al and I have been puzzling over this dilema. I asked the NETCOM
webmaster what to do by email. No response yet. Tomorrow I will get a
"real person" via the old tech telephone.
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Russell)
Date: Thu, 02 May 96 22:21:57 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>  Does anyone know how to commence?  Paul Ealing

If you are really serious, go to the following two newsgroups:
    news.announce.newgroups
    news.announce.newusers
They have very complete FAQs on how to proceed.  Basically, there is first a 
call for discussion, then a call for votes.  The rules are rigid, but if the 
interest is genuine, you can get the positive votes needed, and there is no 
organized opposition, it should be possible.  The BIONET site may also have 
specific information about organizing "bionet." groups.  I'll be watching and 
would vote in favor of such a proposal.

=========================================================================
Scott D. Russell                     Internet:  [email-masked]
Dept of Botany & Microbiology      ->http://www.ou.edu/cas/botany-micro/
 & Noble Electron Microscopy Lab   ->http://www.ou.edu/research/electron/
University of Oklahoma, Norman OK    Phone:  1-405-325-6234
 73019-0245   USA                    FAX:    1-405-325-7619
=========================================================================