Subject: Plants & solid object perception

From: [email-masked] (Ben Davis)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 21:37:01 GMT

Hi,

a question that came up the other day, over some beers ... How often does a
plant have to come into contact with smthg for it to treat it as a solid
object ? For example, if a plant is next to a staircase, and it gets brushed
against occasionaly, how often does it need to be brushed against for it to
"percieve" (wrong word, I know) the staircase as a solid object ?

Idle thoughts ...

Ben

--
______________________________________________________________________________

Ben Davis,
LICR NMR Group,
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology,
University College,
London, UK

http://www.biochem.ucl.ac.uk/~davis
______________________________________________________________________________

"They can make me do it, but they can't make me do it with dignity."