Subject: Boron Tolerance

From: [email-masked] (Mi foth)
Date: 5 Nov 1995 01:01:16 -0500

I am looking for the definitive list of ornamental trees, shrubs and
ground covers that can tolerate a soil boron level of up to 2.0 ppm. Can
anyone assist? Thank you.

Michael Fotheringham, Landscape Architect
Michael Fotheringham

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 6 Nov 1995 22:22:49 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Mi foth) writes: 
>>>Mike look at plants that grow near the Mojave area in the Mojave
>>>desert. The level of boron is quite high in that area. In fact
>>>the 20 mule boron mine is still running, no longer with mules tho.
>>>All that vegetation "love" to have a drink of water...possibly can
>>>be relocated and do well. The only problem I see is the need for
>>>real sun, that is, lots of UV that occur in the high desert due to
>>>lack of moisture in the atmosphere. I lived in that deset many years
>>>and love the climate, even though its sandy and very windy.
>>>Let me know what you come up with.........MikeR. a.k.a. Micro.