Subject: PhD Studentship- Plant physiology/ biochemistry

From: Giles Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Mar 1996 15:53:47 -0800

A PhD studentship is available (from 1st October 1996) to study
the role of leaf pigment composition in plant acclimation and
adaptation to habitat.  The project will involve using a
variety of biochemical and spectroscopic techniques to analyse
the distribution of pigments in plants from different habitats.

The PhD will be supervised by Dr Giles Johnson (Manchester
Uiversity) and Dr Andy Young (Liverpool John Moores
University).  The student will be based in Manchester, but will
spend time in both labs.

Funding is from the british NERC and is open to all UK citizens
The studentship provides fees and a support grant of c. UKP
5200 per annum.  Citizens of other EU countries are also
eligible to apply but may not be eligible for the support
grant.

For further details, contact

Giles Johnson,
School of Biological Sciences,
University of Manchester,
3.614 Stopford Building,
Oxford Road,
Manchester, M13 9PT

Phone: 0161 275 5750
Fax: 0161 275 3938
email: [email-masked]