Subject: IN VIVO NITRATE REDUCTASE

From: Helena Lorenzo <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jun 1996 18:34:44 +0100

i am working with rose plants about nitrogen metabolism.I would likwe to know soThe protocols and references that they can help me.Thnak you very much.

---

From: [email-masked] (Vikram Prabhu)
Date: 26 Jun 1996 14:58:51 GMT

Helena Lorenzo ([email-masked]) wrote:
: i am working with rose plants about nitrogen metabolism.I would likwe to know soThe protocols and references that they can help me.
Thnak you very much.

Here are a few on nitrate assimilation:

Nason and Evans (1953) Triphhosphopyridine nucleotide nitrate reductase in
Neurospora crassa.  Journal of Biological Chemistry 202: 655-673.

Guerrero et al (1981): The assimilatory nitrate reducing system and its
regulation. Ann. Rev. Plant Physiol. 32:169-204.

Kinghorn and Campbell (1989) Amino acid sequence relationships between
bacterial, fungal and plant nitrate reductases.  In: Molecular and Genetic
Aspects of Nitrate Assimilation. Ed by JL Wray and JR Kinghorn, Oxford
Science.

Vik Prabhu
----------------------------
Department of Biology
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5E2, Canada.

Tel. (306)966-4431
Fax. (306)966-4461
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Roger Wallsgrove)
Date: 1 Jul 1996 11:15:33 GMT

Good source of basic protocols for NR, NiR, and other N-assimilation
enzymes is:

Methods in Plant Biochemistry Vol 3, "Enzymes of Primary Metabolism",
ed. P.J.Lea, Academic Press. (1990)

Roger Wallsgrove
IACR-Rothamsted