Subject: Questions vs. Statements

From: Mateo Rutherford <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jul 1995 16:03:43 GMT

I am rather new to the net and posting protocol, but........ I would 
appreciate it if people would use question marks when they are seeking 
information and not use question marks when they are offering 
information.  So often I will see a post with what looks like some very 
interesting information about tropical flora, but it ends up being a 
request for info.
If I am out of line do not hesitate to tell me so.

Thanks.

---

From: [email-masked] (Greg Peterson)
Date: 12 Jul 1995 17:56:44 GMT

Mateo Rutherford ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I am rather new to the net and posting protocol, but........ I would 
: appreciate it if people would use question marks when they are seeking 
: information and not use question marks when they are offering 
: information.  So often I will see a post with what looks like some very 

What I've seen on many other Newsgroups is the prefix REQ: for those 
requesting information. Maybe we can adopt that protocol here.

Greg Peterson@University of Alberta