Subject: Re Botany & Geometry

From: [email-masked] (Gordon Uber)
Date: 16 Jun 1995 02:00:52 GMT

George Golsmith,

Here are some older references, with emphasis on leaves.

Przemyslaw Prusinkiewicz and Aristid Lindenmeyer, _The Algorithmic 
Beauty of Plants_, New York, Springer-Verlag, 1990.  Primarily on
the application of Lindenmeyer's L-systems

Roman Maksymowych, _Analysis of Leaf Development_, Cambridge, 
University Press, 1973.

R. F. Williams, _The Shoot Apex and Leaf Growth_, Cambridge, University
Press, 1975.

Hans Meinhardt, _Models of Biological Pattern Formation_, New York,
Academic Press, 1982.

You might also review the Journal of Theoretical Biology.

I would be interested in hearing of your own interests.

Mail to [email-masked] was returned.

-- 
|      XII | Gordon T. Uber
|    XI    | 3790 El Camino Real, Suite 142
|  X  \   /| Palo Alto, CA 94306-3314
| IX   \ / | email: [email-masked]
Clocks & Time: http://glen-ellyn.iit.edu/~clocks/clocks/clocks.html