Subject: African Voilet question ???

From: [email-masked] (Mark Graham)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 21:07:51 GMT

Hi to all,
	help ! Can anyone tell me why the leaves of my African Violets (or Saint
Paulia if you like) are very pale and faded on some plants, when others
are the 'normal' dark green. Also should putting them into more light
help to bring on flowering ? AND what's the best way to do cuttings,
mine always seem to wither and die !!
		Many thanks...replies via E-mail please !!
				Mark

****Into Bike Racing.....check out my Teams Homepages***********
****TDm Racing...British Superbike Championship Road-Race team**
****http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mark_graham*******

---

From: Helen+Paul <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Jun 1996 05:10:48 GMT

Give your babies some complete liquid fertiliser (specific stuff for Af. 
Violets is available in Australia...) and provide them with ample, but 
not direct, light.  Give them fertiliser every 3-4 weeks for a few times 
then ease off.

Cuttings are dead easy: break off a leaf with a cm or two of stem 
attached stick it in potting mix and keep moist for 4-6 weeks or suspend 
in water (not right in though) and wait for roots to form, then pot up.  
Once potted, keep the plants moist but not wet.

I hope you have success with your Af. Violets.

Regards

Paul Kristiansen
Dept. of Natural Resources
Brisbane, Australia