Subject: Re: Night time flowers?

From: Frank van de Loo <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Aug 1995 12:58:45 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
>I would be interested if anyone knows of a plant with flowers that
>open only at night.

I have a succulent house plant that was given to me as "night-blooming
sirrus", but so far it hasn't flowered for me, and I am also very unsure 
of the spelling, could be seerus, cerus, who knows.  Anyone else familiar 
with this plant?

Frank van de Loo.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 10 Aug 95 16:47:55 +1000

Thanks.

Peter Neish

---

From: Marc Andelman <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Aug 1995 04:25:45 GMT

Maybe it's Cereus?

As for night bloomers, there are some nice tropical water lilies
that would make great tub plants on a patio if you have full sun.
Several mail order firms can send you some.