Subject: Summer Field Course in Botany

From: Mountain Research Station <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 09:57:32 -0700

The University of Colorado's Mountain Research Station is one of the
nation's outstanding field research facilities, and has offered courses
and support for research for more than 75 years. The station is located 25
miles west of Boulder, Colorado in the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area at an
altitude of 9500 feet. 

This summer, we are offering a field course in Plant Field Studies 
taught by Dr. Joyce Gellhorn from July 1 to July 18.

Other field courses will be taught as well and include:
Alpine Insect Ecology, Dendrochronology, Forest Ecology, Biogeography of the 
Southern Rockies, Mountain Geomorphology, Field Ecology, Conservation
Biology, Limnology Field Techniques, Wildlife Ecology Field Techniques,
and Biodiversity of Rocky Mountain Mammals

All are upper division and credit is readily transferable to other
institutions. The same fee structure ($695.00 - 975.00 per course) is
applied to both in-state and out of state residents.  Most of the courses
include room and board. 

A complete course catalog with online registration, and other information
about the Mountain Research Station, may be obtained by accessing our web
site at

http://stripe.colorado.edu/~mrs

Or please call, write or email:

Dr. Peg Halloran, Assistant Director
University of Colorado Mountain Research Station
818 County Road 116
Nederland, CO 80466
(303) 492-8841
email: [email-masked]