Subject: Clematis problem ??

From: [email-masked] (Mark Graham)
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 18:55:01 GMT

Hi to All,
	I have had the following problem twice this year with my container grown
Clematis (which is in it's first year) on my balconey. One morning I
suddenly noticed that all of the top shoots had wilted and were dying
off. I put it down to frost as it was early in the season. Before that
it had been growing at an incredible rate. It went on to flower and seem
ed to be getting bigger  when suddenly last week it happened again. The
affected leaves wilt and turn brown and the stems shrivel and die off.
Any ideas ?????	replies via E-mail please...Mark

****Into Bike Racing.....check out my Teams Homepages***********
****TDm Racing...British Superbike Championship Road-Race team**
****http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mark_graham*******

---

From: [email-masked] (Ole Petter Vik)
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 1996 19:23:34 +0200

> Any ideas ????? replies via E-mail please...Mark

To me it sounds like «Clematis wilt». It looks as if the plant suffer from
lack of water, and slowly die. Normally it is caused by slugs. Take away
the damaged parts, and put some slug pellets on the ground (in your
container). This helped for me, when I had similar problems with my
clematis.

-- 
Ole Petter Vik, Connect AS, Blakstadmarka 26, N-1370 Asker, Norway.
Telephone +47-66 90 23 00. Telefax +47-66 90 23 05.