Subject: Synthetic plant compounds

From: [email-masked] (Jerry Bauer)
Date: 19 Sep 1995 11:30:45 -0700

In our research into =D2systemic acquired resistance=D3 in Lycopersicon=
=20
esculentum (tomato) we have designed a project that requires some=20
materials we have had no luck locating.  If anyone out there could help=20
us out with samples or references we would be grateful.  The materials we=
=20
are looking for are:

1.  Synthetic =D4common phenolics=D5, specifically peroxidase but others=20
would be helpful.
2.  Synthetic phytoalexins.
3.  References regarding chemically or mechanically induced resistance=20
while providing no or minimal injury to the plant.  At this time we are=20
note pursuing a genetic approach unless someone has some ideas for a=20
simple, short (3-4 months) project.

This request will be posted on several different listservs.  Sorry for=20
the duplication but we are running out of ideas.

Thank you in advance;

Jerry Bauer
[email-masked]
**Note:  I sometimes have difficulty receiving messages from listservs so=
=20
I would appreciate replys directed to my E-mail.