Subject: Re: Plant Stems

From: "David C. Logan" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Apr 1996 10:11:54 +0100

Holly wrote:

>I am looking for diagrams of herbaceous and woody plant stems for a 
>project.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, preferably before May 
>7th, 1996.  My email is [email-masked] .

Many members of this group have recently replied to someone whom I guess 
was waniting information for the same reasons. The consensus was that 
books should be the first stop. Any good plant anatomy book will present 
you with many diagrams of stems (TS and LS) and will be accompanied with 
suitable text. This newsgroup (I believe) does not exist to help 
students with such simple queries - it does not and should never replace 
the use of libraries and books.

---

From: Tony Travis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 13:47:55 +0000

David C. Logan wrote:
> 
> [...] This newsgroup (I believe) does not exist to help

Hello, David.

This group exists as an unmoderated forum for discussions about *any* 
aspect of plant biology, and is open to students or anyone else to post 
their queries concerning plant biology if they want to.

You are not obliged to read, or respond to articles that you consider 
too 'simple' (skip the thread) but if you do so please be constructive: 
Why not suggest a good anatomy book, for example, and encourage the 
students reading this newsgroup to develop an interest in plant biology.

A particularly good plant anatomy text book that I use is: "Plant 
Anatomy" by A. Fahn, Pergamon Press, 1990, ISBN 0-08-037491.

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:[email-masked]
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB2 9SB, Scotland, UK.     |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687