Subject: looking for second postdoc position

From: [email-masked] (Ding Shiyou)
Date: 7 Oct 1995 08:02:00 -0700

To whom it may concern:

I will finish my two years postdoctoral research at The National Laboratory
of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering(NLPE&PGE), Peking
University, next year.I would like to find a position where I can work  on a
project more closely related to molecular evolution. I have extensive
hands-on experience both in modern molecular biology and biosystematics.
If you need more information, please let me know 
Phone: (86)10-2501862, e-mail: [email-masked].
Thank you for reading this massage and for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Ding Shiyou

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                       CURRICULUM  VITAE

                       DING SHIYOU  Ph.D.
   National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering
              College of Life Sciences, Peking University
                    Beijing 100871, P. R. CHINA
             E-mail address: [email-masked]
                 Tel: 2501862  Fax: 0086-10-2501844

Nationality: P. R. China        Date of Birth: June 4, 1966
Marital Status: Married		Sex: Male		

                              CURRENT WORK
1. Ancient DNA
   18s ribosomal DNA sequences (partial) and Cytochrome B gene sequences
   (partial) have been amplified from a specific fossilized dinosaur egg
   of Late Cretaceous and from an amber bee by using PCR. I am going to
   identfy those sequences. One paper about cytochrome b gene sequences
   amplified from dinosaur egg have been submmited to Science (USA).
2. Molecular systematics of Astragalinae (Legumenosae)
   I continue my Ph.D. thesis research, phylogenetic study on subtribe
   Astragalinae(Legumenosae) using restriction site mapping of a
   PCR-amplified fragment that encompassed cpDNA genes ndhF and
   psbA, and investigate the popuation variation of the genera
   Caragana and Gueldenstaedtia.

WORKING EXPERIENCE:
1994 - present: Postdoctoral fellow in the National Laboratory of Protein
                Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life
                Sciences, Peking University.
1993 - 1994:    Visiting Researcher in the National Laboratory of Protein
                Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life
                Sciences, Peking University.
1989 - 1991:    Research Associate in the Northwestern Institute of Botany,
                Academia Sinica.

TECHNICAL SKILLS:
collection and identification of plant specimen, related skills of plant
anatomy and phytogeography, plant breeding,DNA and RNA extraction,
purification, enzymatic manipulation of nucleic acid,electrophoresis of
nucleic acid and protein, RFLP, PCR, RAPD, cloning,sequencing, southern
bloting, radioactive techniques, computer programs of phylogenetic analysis,
PAUP, PHYLIP, DNASIS, ANA, MULTALIN, EMBLbank,GENEbank, FASTA, Internet ......

EDUCATION:
Ph.D.   Molecular systematics of plant, Kunming Institute of Botany, Academia
        Sinica, Yunnan, PRC, 1994. Thesis Title: Systematic Study of
        Subtribe Galegeae-Astragalinae(Leguminosae).
        Supervisor: Wu, Zheng-yih, Academician, Professor;
                    Gu, Hong-ya, Ph.D. Professor
M.S.    Plant Systematics, Northwestern Institute of Botany, Academia Sinica,
        Shaanxi, PRC, 1989. Thesis Title: Systematic Study of Staphyleaceae.
        Supervisor: Yu, Zhao-yin, Professor.
B.S.    Biology, Anhui Normal University, Anhui, PRC, 1986.

GRANTS:
National Natural Science Foundation of China, 1989-91, 1993-94.
Director Grant, Kunming Institute of Botany, 1993-94.
Research Grant, National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic
  Engineering, Peking University, 1993-94.

PUBLICATIONS
1. Ding, Shiyou, Hongya Gu, Lijia Qu, Zhangliang Chen. A preliminary study on
   the use of RFLP analysis of the PCR amplified products in the systematic
   investigation of the subtribe Astragalinae (Fabaceae). Acta Bot. Sin. 1995,
   37(2):97-102.
2. Ding, Shiyou. Systematic position of genus Tapiscia (Tapisciaceae). The 2nd
   Symposium of Kunming Institute of Botany, 1994.
3. Chen, Yansheng, Chunlin Zhang, Shiyou Ding, Zhenwan Zhang. The taxonomy and
   analysis of Artemisia Linn. in the Loess Plateau of northern Shaanxi. Acta
   Bot. Boreal.-Occident. Sin. 1993, 13(3):238-245.
4. Ding, Shiyou, Zhaoyin Yu. Systematic signification of leaf stricture of
   Staphyleaceae. Bull. Bot. 1992, 12(2):177-184.
5. Ding, Shiyou, Zhaoyin Yu. The preliminary study on chemical taxonomy of
   Staphyleceae. The 1st Symposium of Systematic Botany in Northwestern China.
   1992, 108-111.
6. Zhang, Zhenwan, Zhunlin Zhang, Yansheng Chen, Shiyou Ding. A preliminary
   study in the border line of the floristic regionalization in the Loess
   Plateau of northern Shaanxi. Acta Bot. Boreal.-Occident. Sin. 1992, 12(4):
   303-308.
7. Zhang, Yuejian, Shiyou Ding. A resource of nectariferous plants in Shaanxi.
   Acta Bot. Boreal.-Occdent. Sin. 1991, 11(5):185-189.
8. Ding, Shiyou, Yuejian Zhang. The conservation plants in northwestern China,
   Ecological Environment in Northwestern China. 1991, 1:353-364.
9. Zhang, Zhenwan, Chunlin Zhang, Shiyou Ding. Plants in the Loess Plateau.
   In, The Resource and Application of Plants in the Loess Plateau. 1991,
   194-287.
10. Ding, Shiyou, Zhaoyin Yu. Study on the pollen of Staphyleaceae. Acta Bot.
    Boreal.-Occdent. Sin. 1988, 8(5): 29-33.
11. Ding, Shiyou et al. (coeditor) Seed Plants and Floristic Regionalization
    in Northern China. Science Press (in press).
12. Ding, Shiyou, Chunlin Zhang, Hongya Gu, Zhangliang Chen. Progresses of
    studies on plant systematics at DNA level. J. Basic Sci. Engin.(submitted)
13. Ding, Shiyou, Chunlin Zhang, Hongya Gu, Zhangliang Chen. General review of
    the methods of molecular systematics of plants at DNA level. J. Basic Sci.
    Engin. (submitted)
14. An, Chengcai, Yi Li, Shiyou Ding, Hongya Gu, Zhangliang Chen et al.
    Cytochrome B gene from a fossilized dinosaur egg in Cretaceous period.
    Science (USA) (submitted).
15. Ding, Shiyou, Zhunlian Zhang, Hongya Gu, Zhangliang Chen. Variation in the
    chloroplast genes ndhF and psbA of the subtribe Galegeae-Astragalinae
    (Leguminosae): evidence from restriction site mapping of PCR-amplified
    fragment (in preparation).