Subject: question... how did/where did you get into botany?

From: [email-masked] (the kat in the hat)
Date: 2 Apr 1996 11:54:04 GMT

I'm curious... I an a junior at Bryn Mawr college and recently changed my
major from biology to anthropology.  Unfortunately, although I was able 
to take some plant classes at Swarthmore (plant physiology, systematic
botany)
my physics requirement just crushed me.  I think the most viable career
after 
I graduate would for me to get into publishing, BUT I have always and still

want to get into botany... How did you all decide to specialize?  In high
school, college, graduate school?  I'm toying with the thought of going 
to grad school after I spend some time in the real world after college...
and what did you do to actually get into BOTANY as opposed to biology?

Hope this isn't too off-track..
Please send email if you feel that this question is not relevant to
discussions in this newsgroup.

Kat

[email-masked]

"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her."

"He that plants trees loves others beside himself."
-Thomas Fuller
-- 
whyever should we care.. if there are arrows in the air..?
-Sting