Subject: Re: Help! Revegetation after Eucalyptus Removal

From: [email-masked] (TGray)
Date: 21 Jul 1995 13:16:58 -0400

In the early 1980's I participated in the restoration of Codornices Park
in Berkeley, where a number of large _Eucalyplus globulus_ were removed to
favor natives.  One year after removal, native lupines came up like magic
within the dripline of the removed trees.  Apparently, the allelopathic
faculty of eucalyptus is quickly biodegraded.

I can put you in touch with other sources in this area.

T. Gray Shaw
faster response through [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Georgia Grant & Paul Atkins )
Date: 21 Jul 1995 00:37:23 GMT

Has anyone had experience with revegetation after removal of
Eucalyptus.  In particular, are soil amendments necessary to alter the
ph. prior to re-planting with natives.  Any information at all would be
helpful.

Please reply by e-mail to
 [email-masked]

Thanks
Georgia Grant