Subject: House Plants

From: @pc.microserve.com
Date: 23 Jul 1995 18:50:43 GMT

Does anyone know of any flowering house plants that do not need much 
light ??

                             Thank you 

[email-masked]

---

From: Trevor <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jul 1995 03:45:00 GMT

---

From: Zane Purvis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 14:25:51 -0400 (EDT)

> >[email-masked]

Sorry about showing the original message yet another time.  I hit the 
button before I knew what I was doing....Yes, I do know some flowering 
house plants that will endure low light conditions.  Some of these 
include: (in the order they come to my mind)
 
Peace Lily [Spathephyllium clevelandii]  --  has white flowers
** is very good for interior-scaping in low light condiditons.

Fushsia 
[Fushsia hybrida] --  has several different colors of flowers, 
 depending on variety (also likes lower temperatures...can't take the heat)  

Wax Leaf Begonia [Begonia semperflorens]  --  has red, pink, or white flowers

Impatiens [Impatiens hybrida] -- white, red, lavender, orange, and even 
blue flowers.

I'm sure that there are more flowering plants that will survive in low light
and I hope the ones I listed will help.  The Peace Lily is the first one 
that came to my mind when I read the words "not need much light."  It is 
a very common, popular house plant.  

					--  Zane Purvis
					    High School Student
					    taking Horticulture.