Subject: Re: Monster Cactus

From: Charles Hesselein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 16:20:41 GMT

>I have a 6'3" cactus currently living in a plastic pot that is 13" in 
diameter. 
>The cactus has been in this pot since I got him about 3 years ago.  He doesn't 
>look unhappy, but he's beginning to list alittle toward the sun.  I've jammed 
>a paperback book underneath one side of the pot to keep him straight.  I have
>a couple of questions:

>1.  How do I know if he needs to be repotted?

>2.  How do you repot a 6'3'' cactus that weights about 100 pounds?

>Any help would be appreciated!  Please respond to "[email-masked]". 
>Thanks!

If your plant is starting to fall over that's a good sign that it's time 
to repot it.  Wrap the cactus up with MANY layers of newspaper so that 
you don't impale yourself while repotting.  Then get a friend or two to 
help lift the plant.

Good Luck!

Chazz
-- 
*******************************************
*    Charles P. (Chazz) Hesselein         *
*    Extension Horticulturist, ACES       *
*    [email-masked]          *
*    1-334-342-2366  fax: 1-334-342-1022  *
*******************************************