Subject: Transformation Positions Available

From: [email-masked] (Jim Astwood)
Date: 27 Jul 1995 20:17:26 GMT

Postdoctoral and permanent positions are available in the area of crop 
transformation at Ceregen, a business unit of Monsanto Company (formerly
the 
New Agricultural Products Division).  This company is located in St. Louis,

Missouri. The persons hired for these positions will be responsible for 
developing improved transformation technology for corn, soybean or cotton. 

Successful candidates will work with a team of researchers towards the 
production of transgenic plants, but will also have the opportunity to work
on 
cross-disciplinary teams responsible for the development of transgenic
plant 
products.     A recent Ph.D. degree in an appropriate plant science
discipline 
(e.g., genetics, agronomy, physiology, or biochemistry) is required.  
Experience in plant tissue culture (preferably with important agricultural 
crops) and plant transformation is highly desirable.  Send resume,
statement of 
research interests, and names of three references by August 31, 1995 to: 

            Barbara Rhodes
            Monsanto;  Mail Zone GG4J
            700 Chesterfield Parkway North
            St. Louis, MO   63198

            Telephone:  (314) 537-7274
            FAX:        (314) 537-6567
            E-mail: [email-masked]
    
Monsanto is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).