Subject: CAN-BC-Victoria: FOREST MYCOLOGY/PATHOLOGY HERBARIUM TECHNICIAN

From: [email-masked] (Joel Lecorre)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 00:56:50 GMT

FOREST MYCOLOGY/PATHOLOGY HERBARIUM TECHNICIAN
VICTORIA, B.C., Canada

SALARY:  Starting at $37,535 per annum

Term position ending March 31, 1997 with the Federal Government of
Canada

REQUIREMENTS:
A B.Sc. degree from a recognized university in
biology or botany or a related field.

Experience in forest disease and mycological     
collection and identification. Preference will be
given to candidates who have worked with Pacific 
Northwest flora and fungi.

Experience in microscopy and sterile culture techniques 
standard to mycological laboratories.

Experience in herbarium curation including specimen and
data base management.

English language is essential.

Applicants must possess a valid B.C. driver's license and
be willing to undertake field work assignments up to one
week in duration.

Fax your resume to the Public Servcie Comission at
(604) 363-0558. Quote job title and reference number 
S9673R72658 and clearly indicate your citizenship.

DEADLINE: August 12, 1996

Note: We thank all those who apply and advise 
that only those selected for further consideration
will be contacted. In accordance with the 
Public Service Employment Act, preference for 
appointment will be given to Canadian citizens.

For additonal information on the Public Service Commission 
of Canada recruiting programs, visit our Internet site at:
http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/recruit/cfple.htm

TECHNICIEN, TECHNICIENNE D'HERBIER DE PATHOLOGIE FORESTIERE ET DE
MYCOLOGIE	
VICTORIA (C.-B.)

TRAITEMENT: Commencant a 37 535$ par annee

Poste terme finissant le 31 mars 1997 

EXIGENCES:

Baccaulareat en sciences d'une universite reconnue en 
biologie ou en botanie ou dans un domaine connexe.

Experience des maladies forestieres et de la cueillette 
ainsi que de l'identification des champignons. 
L'experience pratique de la flore et des champignons du 
nord-ouest du Pacifique est un atout.

Experience de la microscopie et des techniques de culture 
en milieu sterile normalement employees dans les laboratoires de
mycologie.

Experience de la conservation d'herbier, y compris la gestion de
specimens et de bases de donnees.

La connaissance de l'anglais est essentielle.

Les candidats doivent detenir un permis de conduire valide de la
Colombie-Britannique et etre disposes a travailler sur le terrain pour
des periodes allant jusqu'a une semaine.		

Envoyer votre curriculum vitae par telecopieur a la 
Commission de la fonction publique du Canada 
(604) 363-0558

Veuillez indiquer le titre du poste, le no. de reference S9673R72658
sur votre demande ainsi que votre citoyennete

DATE LIMITE:  le 12 aout 1996

Nota: Nous remercions a l'avance tous ceux qui soumettront une demande
d'emploi mais nous ne communiquerons qu'avec les candidats choisis
pour la prochaine etape.  Nous vous prions de noter en outre qu'en
conformite avec la Loi sur l'emploi dans la fonction publique la
preference a la nomination sera accordee aux citoyens canadiens.

Pour de plus de renseignements sur les programmes de 
recruitement de la Commission de la fonction publique
du Canada,visitez notre site Web au 
http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/recruit/cfpl.htm.