Subject: Re: Hydroculture

From: [email-masked] (Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 21:25:42 GMT

[email-masked] (H.Schuurhannes) wrote:

>I'am curious about the hydroculture in other parts of the world. Here
>in Holland the hydroculture is just coming up. I've made a homepage
>about this fascinating hobby. If there is anybody they can tell me
>more about this subject? let me know.
>If you're interested in my homepage? (In Dutch) you find't under
>http://www.tip.nl/users/t378931.

>H@rry.

Hi Harry

I am the Chief Olericulturist for a few companies, that deal totally
in the hydroculture of plants, including my own operations.

Here in the US we have had a few hydroculture companies pop-up over
the years and then fall flat on their face, with the exception of two
competitors that are still around.
Unfortunately, they use really cheap, flimsy containers and still mess
with those float rod tubes that clog and never read right.
They also still use expanded clay for their substrate, neither of
which lend good anchorage to the root system, and most are a gross
orange color.

I don't want this to sound like an advertisement, so suffice it to say
that the systems I deal with are very sturdy, UV protected, use a
specially designed and manufactured lightweight growing media and the
nutrient level indicator has no moving parts to clog and doubles as a
light meter as well.
Each component in our systems carries it's own patent, including the
growing media.

Tell me a little bit about the systems you have available in Holland.

TTUL
Gary