Subject: Pointsettias--HELP

From: [email-masked] (Lorraine Mcleod)
Date: 27 Aug 1995 02:33:26 GMT

Hi,
   I have managed to keep my pointsettias alive and well since Christmas, 
in fact, they are thriving.  My question is, does anyone know how I get 
them to bloom for Christmas?
       
                                                 Thanks,
                                                         Lorraine

P.S.  Since I do not have a green thumb and am usually fatal to plants, I 
am at this point very proud that they are still alive!!!
-
  LORRAINE  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Gary Bachman)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 22:19:18 +0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

>   LORRAINE  [email-masked]

Lorraine, on or about Sept. 1 the plants need to be in COMPLETE darkness
>from  4pm until 8am the next morning.  Keep this routine up until about
Nov.15th.  If ANY light gets to the plants then the "blooming" will be
disrupted.  It is fun to do this with your own plants, but it requires a
lot of work.  It is easier to purchase a beautiful poinsettia for the
holidays.  Good Luck  
Gary