Subject: Cloning Cauliflowers

From: [email-masked] (Lee Montgomerie)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 23:20:46 +0000

As a non-specialist school laboratory technician I have made repeated 
attempts to clone cauliflowers.  The cloning medium I use is:

4.7g Murashige & Skoog
30g Sucrose
8g Agar
pinch of plant rooting hormone (IAA)
made up to 1 litre with distilled water
and prepared as sterile slopes in McCartney bottles

So far this method has *never* been known to suceed!  I have tried 
minor variations in heat, lighting, proportion of ingredients, 
size of cauliflower fragments, duration of experiment (at least 6 
weeks) etc, but without results.  Nobody else I know has managed it 
either, though there are apocryphal tales of sucesses.

Can anybody suggest an alternative plant/medium/technique or whatever 
which is more likely to work?

========================================================================== 
Lee Montgomerie                           EMail [email-masked] 

                                                )))))))      
                   ___________________       (((((((((((
                  ((((________________O  __)))))))))))))))

                     Aaahh!  I needed a sig.!
===========================================================================