Subject: Database Software

From: Kim Pruitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 11:19:10 -0700

Hi,

Here is some information about the Genome Tracker 
program for the Macintosh user.  This database program is 
designed to help you organize your inventory of seed/organism 
stocks and also helps manage transformation, mutagenesis, 
and genetic experiments.  The database keeps track of the 
following information:  Stock Number, Ecotype, Genotype, 
Generation and Type (i.e. mutategenized, transgenic etc.), 
Self-fertilized vs. Cross-Fertilized, Age, Storage Location, 
References, Source, Parents, Single Parent Stock vs. 
Population, and Comments.  Some of the functions provided 
by the program, accessible through both desktop buttons and 
menus, include: Find/Search, Sort, Find Parent, Draw Family 
Tree, and Draw Progeny Tree. The program includes 
customizable pop-up menus to facilitate rapid standardized 
data entry by multiple users.  We have provided a very useful 
"Fill In" button which facilitates entering the parental 
information.  The Family Tree drawing feature can be used to 
track the progress of multi-generational genetic cross 
experiments.   The Progeny Tree drawing feature identifies 
all the progeny of an individual (or population) and can be 
used to keep track of individuals derived from a mutagenesis, 
transformation, or genetic experiment.

This relational database program is easy to use and 
comes with an extensive Users Manual.  In addition, we 
provide online technical support via e-mail.  The program is 
available for $199.00.  We accept purchase orders, checks, 
and money orders.  A demonstration version is not available 
at this time.  We offer a 30 day return policy.  We plan on 
having a version for the PC computer in the near future.  If 
you wish to order a copy please send the PO number to the 
following address.  You can also send the PO number to this 
e-mail address for more rapid ordering, but we would 
appreciate also receiving a paper copy.

Salt City Software
7744 Sotherden Dr.
Liverpool, NY  13090

email: [email-masked]

Sincerely,
Kim Pruitt