Subject: Conditions for Halesia monticola

From: Andy Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 10:20:47 +0100

I have a Halesia monticola (snowberry) in my garden (Bristol, England), 
that has never looked very happy. The leaves are very pale green, with a 
yellow margin. My best guess is that it doesn't like the soil type - 
my soil is well-cultivated clay over coal measures, about pH 6.5-7. Does 
anyone know the pH optimum for this plants, or any other suggestions for 
cheering it up?

Thanks

Andy Phillips
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------ Email  : [email-masked]  : University of Bristol
 Home   : [email-masked]     : IACR Long Ashton Research Station 
 Phone  : +44-1275-549257            : Long Ashton
 Fax    : +44-1275-394281            : Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK
 WWW    : http://www.lars.bbsrc.ac.uk/plantsci/molbiol/andy.html
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "D.Cann" <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Jun 1996 09:19:33 GMT

Andy,
     For Halesia monticola, a limefree soil would be best.
David Cann.