Subject: flowers from seed...it's not easy!

From: Bill Kichman <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jun 1996 00:39:14 GMT

Hi, my name is Bill, and I'm an amateur gardener.  I'd like to share some
successful experience I've had with planting beautiful flowers from seed. 
My friends all told me not to bother planting seeds, it's too much work,
and they'll die anyway.  Well, I proved them right the first year my wife
and I tried, and I then set out to find out what I was doing wrong (maybe
just to prove them wrong).  We have 4 or 5 reference books on gardening,
and they all seem to be misleading. By following their advice on seed
starting, I actually killed all my seedlings several times!  Over several
years, I tried different things, and consulted with several older
gardening friends, one of them in her eighties, who shared some valuable
information, which actually saved all my seedlings just in time this
spring!
. 
	Currently, we have 7 small garden patches in our front yard (we live in
the woods on 4.5 acres) which are full of flowers, all practically free,
>from  seeds this spring. We actually had to give away almost half the
"crop" due to "excess inventory" , and that was probably the best part!

	I can't help but to stop and look at the flowers now, every morning and
evening on the way to/from work, knowing I was responsible for nurturing
the plants from seed.  Anyhow, I digress....we currently have planted
Marigolds, Petunias, Foxglove, Poppys, Impatiens, Coleus, and several
other varieties which have bloomed quite nicely, given all the rain we've
experienced lately. Next year should be even more challenging. 	I am so
happy with the results, I wish to share the information with anybody who
wants to save time, money and aggravation next spring.  My friends tell me
the information is valuable, and thought I should ask a token amount for
the list.  Hey, this is America, and  if the information has real value,
why not?
So, here's the pitch.  Send me $5, check or money order, and I'll send or
e-mail the list to you.
Please include your e-mail address and home address, if applicable.
	I am not a sales junkie, and this is not a get rich quick scheme.  The
little tricks I learned made the difference between 70 or 80 dollars at
the garden center, and $4 (for seeds) in one year alone. I spent a lot of
time gaining this experience, and wish to see it spread wings and be
valuable elsewhere!

Thanks and good luck!

Sincerely,

Bill.

Send your request to:

Bill Kichman
PO Box 643
Cornwall, PA 17016-0643

my internet address:
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked](cin )
Date: 2 Jul 1996 23:15:26 GMT

i have a hawaiin morning glory and another hawaiin vine with 
leaves that look like a passionflower. both are supposed to have
decorative seed pods, but are almost 2 years old and have never
flowered I am in texas.  any help would be appreciated.

   [email-masked]