Subject: Plant Taxonomy database

From: [email-masked] (Robert S. Falkowitz)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 16:09:02 GMT

I am looking for a database file - flat or relational - with plant
taxonomy data. Any suggestions as to where such data can be found
would be welcome.

---

From: [email-masked] (DanielPost)
Date: 26 Jul 1995 23:43:58 -0400

If your interested in California flora, there's the database from the US
Forest Service on ftp://s27w007.pswfs.gov/pub/ifg/calflora.txt  with 6717
taxa on 2.2 mb.

---

From: [email-masked] (K. R. Robertson)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 16:00:18 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Robert S.

> taxonomy data. Any suggestions as to where such data can be found

Try looking at these:

http://meena.cc.uregina.ca/~liushus/bio/botany.html
http://straylight.tamu.edu/tamu/pdic.html
http://arnica.csustan.edu/bty3700.html
gopher://nmnhgoph.si.edu/11/.botany
gopher://gopher.adp.wisc.edu:2070/11/.image/.bot/Angiosperm
http://arnica.csustan.edu/BT.html
http://arnica.csustan.edu/bty3700.html
http://www.isc.tamu.edu/FLORA/tfphome1.html
ftp://s27w007.pswfs.gov/pub/ifg/calflora.txt
http://www.euronet.nl/users/mbleeker/diemer_e.html
http://golgi.harvard.edu/biopages/botany.html
http://muse.bio.cornell.edu/delta/
http://straylight.tamu.edu/MoBot/welcome.html
http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/
http://muse.bio.cornell.edu/archive/taxacom.html
http://www.prairienet.org/tallgrass/

Ken Robertson
Illinois Natural History Survey
[email-masked]