Subject: Alternative Crops

From: Ben Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 14:01:32 -0400

Hey all,

 Does anyone out there know if work is being done on the use of 
alternative crops for human consumption as well as replacements for 
fossil fuels?  In particular Amaranthus sp. and other arid land crops.

Ben.

---

From: [email-masked] (Bob Batson)
Date: 28 Jun 1996 21:09:51 GMT

Ben Levin ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hey all,
: 
:  Does anyone out there know if work is being done on the use of 
: alternative crops for human consumption as well as replacements for 
: fossil fuels?  In particular Amaranthus sp. and other arid land crops.

Have you checked the NewCROPS web site? It's at the following URL:

http://newcrop.hort.purdue.edu/

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Batson                              L 39 12 14 N  94 33 16 W
[email-masked]                             Kansas City
TCS - Mystic Fire Priest                USDA zone 5b
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Under the most controlled conditions, the experimental apparatus will
do exactly as it pleases.

---

From: Sheryl Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jun 1996 19:12:49 GMT

Check out our site at 
http://www.esd.ornl.gov:80/BFDP/BFDPMOSAIC/binmenu.html
The Biofuels Information Network

--Sheryl Martin