Subject: HERB RESEARCHERS WANTED

From: [email-masked]
Date: 8 May 1995 20:53:30 -0700

Middlesex University, UK runs the first BSc degree programme in Europe on
Herbal Medicine. We have also begun a research programme in the following
areas: Etnobotanical research in Herbal Medicine; Archeobotanical research into
medicinal plants used by hunter-gatherer societies; Phytochemical and
Pharmacognosy studies of plants used in Herbal Medicine; Anti HIV compounds
>From plants, new potential natural dyes from plants/fungi and distillation of
essential oils from medicinal/fragrant plants.
Potential researchers should have a minimum committment of 3 months and ideally
should have PhD's inthe areas of biology,microscopy,botany. chemistry, pharmacy
although researchers with undergraduate degrees and some relevant experience
would also be suitable.There is also the possibility of registering for a PhD
for suitably qualified individuals.
Only serious, highly committed reearchers that have a strong interest in
Medicinal plants are encouraged to apply. Please send brief resume and details
of financial support either from personal funds or from possible grants to
[email-masked] or write to Dr John Wilkinson, School of Social Work and
Health Sciences,  Middlesex University, Enfield,
Middlesex, EN3 4SF UK