Subject: Re: Christmas Trees

From: Tracanzan Giovanni <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Jan 1996 23:03:06 GMT

I have found a very interesting leaflet (just 2 pages) 
>from  Cornell University, Ithaca, New York. The title is 
Selection and Care of Your Christmas Tree. Cornell 
Information Bulletin 48. It is not a textbook, but maybe 
 sufficient. It's availabale at: Distribution Center, 7 
Research Parch Cornell Univesity, Ithaca, NY 14850.

Bye

---

From: [email-masked] (Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 02:52:11 GMT

Chris Mobbs <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Can anyone please offer references, books , articles  etc on how to grow 
>Christmas Trees (commercially) on a few acres. I have tried many searches 
> unfruitfully so far...
>Thank you
>             Chris
>[email-masked]

How can you compete?  What is sold as xmas trees are cut in the fall,
wild from the mountains and stored till winter above the fall line.

Very few are hand trimmed or pruned and resold for xmas trees.

Although I know millions of trees are sold each year, I for one only
purchase balled and burlapped trees that I can keep and plant in the
early spring.

TTUL

Gary

---

From: [email-masked] (ABSORBU)
Date: 23 Jan 1996 10:46:54 -0500

Contact your local extension service