Subject: Joshua tree

From: [email-masked] (Christian Winter)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 22:40:36 MET

Does anyone know the botanical name of the Joshua tree? Genus?
Please tell me!
Thanx, Chris.
--- OffRoad 1.0 registered to Christian Winter

---

From: Scott Ranger <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Sep 1995 22:03:58 GMT

The scientific name of the Joshua Tree of the North American 
southwest is:

     Yucca brevifolia Engelman

It reportedly got its name when the Mormons moved into the area 
and the "trees" looked like Joshua reaching his arms up to 
heaven.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jacque Greenleaf)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 21:11:13 -0700

> Does anyone know the botanical name of the Joshua tree? Genus?

Yucca brevifolia

-- 
Jacque Greenleaf
Salem, Oregon

drop a bomb on nuclear testing - boycot French wine

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 19 Sep 1995 21:13:05 GMT

In <[email-masked]> Scott Ranger <[email-masked]>
writes: 
>>>My friend you got it all right except for two additional
>>>characteristics. It isn't a tree, it is a cactus. Also it
>>>is indigenous to the Mojave desert. Micro.