Subject: Re: Japanese Journal of Genetics... ...anyone???

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 21:18:48 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (stefanie jurk) writes:
>  
> I am *in need* of an article that was published in the Japanese 
> Journal of Genetics 1992, April; 67 (2): 147 - 54;
> Authors: Tsutsumi N, et al.
> Cannot locate this Journal here,
> can anyone help out????

Stephanie,

    Hi.  From a quick search of the CAplus file produced by the database I
work at, Chemical Abstracts Service, an abstract and index entries for
the article you mentioned:

Tsutsumi, Nobuhiko; Kanayama, Keiko; Tano, Shigemitsu, Suppression of
alpha-amylase gene expression by antisense oligonucleotide in barley
cultured aleurone layers, Jpn.  J.  Genet.  (1992), 67(2), 147-54

is there.  If you're interested, it might be worthwhile checking with the reference
librarian at your science library to see if your university already has an
account with us.  If they can't help you, check with our customer service desk
at 1-800-753-4227.  Also, if you need the whole article, check with our
Document Delivery Service at 1-800-678-4337.  There is a fee (sorry!), but
they have a lot of documents.

    Many people think that Chemical Abstracts has only chemical information,
but, a third of all the abstracts (journals, patents, conference proceedings,
etc.) we put out every year come from our bio-related areas and include lots
of molecular genetics abstracts like the above one.

    Well, I hope this helps!

							       Roger

Roger Granet                                 Phone: (614) 447-3600, ext. 2346
Associate Scientific Information Analyst     Internet: [email-masked]
Biochemistry Department
Chemical Abstracts Service
P.O. box 3012
Columbus, OH 43210
Web site at: http://info.cas.org/welcome.html

The views given here are mine only and do not necessarily represent those of
anyone else, Chemical Abstracts Service, or the American Chemical Society.