Subject: Chamelaucium uncinatum?

From: [email-masked] ("Claire Watson")
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 22:56:50 GMT

Can anyone help me with information on this plant.

Bought as a conservatory plant in January, it is still in full bloom 
after 4 months in my cool greenhouse (min 50deg). When will it ever stop 
flowering? I have dozens of young plants coming along from the prolific 
seed it sets. (like grass at the moment).

The label says "Chamelaucium uncinatum (Wax Flower). Evergreen shrub to 
150cm high, with full head of lightly scented flowers in early spring. 
Keep in good light, above 6C. Needs ericaceous compost when re potting."

I would love to know the country of origin and natural size, etc.

Claire Watson

N.England
.

---

From: "Christoph Metelmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 May 1996 11:00:43 +0100

In message Sat, 18 May 1996 22:56:50 GMT,
  [email-masked] ("Claire Watson")  writes:

> ..
It is a Myrtaceae from W-Australia - requires a coldhouse. Kind of a bush.

Chris