Subject: Re: good plants

From: Nancy Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 95 08:21:08 -0500

Christopher Lemons <[email-masked]> writes:
 
>What is a good plant to start with for a novice plant person, something 
 
Try any kind of succulent plants (Sedum, Jade Plant, cacti) and you might have
luck with Wandering Jew (not PC name for Tradescantia spp.) which can go for
several days without attention. I'm assuming you mean house plants....-Nan

---

From: [email-masked] (Christopher Lemons)
Date: 9 May 1995 05:30:20 GMT

What is a good plant to start with for a novice plant person, something 
that doesn't need to be watched everyday. Like if I forget to water it 
for a few days.

---

From: Gary Poyssick <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 May 1995 20:30:12 GMT

Bromeliads are great indoor plants that can stay alone for days - weeks 
maybe - as long as you make sure that they have water in the cup formed 
>from  the rosette of their leaves. They flower well and like it in the 
house.