Subject: AZPLANTS: New Listserv for Arizona native plants

From: [email-masked] (David Sewell)
Date: 15 May 1996 21:22:58 GMT

[copy of the announcement posted to NEW-LIST]

AZPLANTS on [email-masked]   Arizona Native Plants

   AZPLANTS is an unmoderated list for discussion of Arizona native
   plants.

   The list's central topic is the ecology, distribution, and
   propagation of plants native to Arizona and the Sonoran Desert.
   Related topics within the list's sphere of interest would include
   native-plant xeriscaping; revegetation, plant salvage and habitat
   restoration; the impact of exotic/invasive species; state and federal
   legislation related to endangered species, habitat protection,
   noxious weed lists.

   The list welcomes both professional researchers, managers, nursery
   and seed-farm personnel, and amateurs interested in native-plant
   study and preservation.

   Advertisement of plant sales, seeds, conferences and publications
   related to native plants is welcome from list subscribers. Advertisers
   are encouraged to be moderate in the frequency and length of their
   postings, however; when possible, a pointer to a World-Wide-Web site
   is preferable to a long e-mail message. (A lengthy plant or seed
   catalog, for example, should be referenced this way, not e-mailed in
   full.)

   Advertising unrelated to the list topic is not accepted.
   [and will get you booted from the list --DS]
   
   To subscribe, send an e-mail message to [email-masked],
   with the message body

      SUB AZPLANTS yourfirstname yourlastname

   For example:  SUB AZPLANTS Encelia Farinosa
   if your name is Encelia Farinosa.

   Logs for the list will be available at 
   ftp://listserv.arizona.edu/pub/listserv/azplants/

   Listowner:  David Sewell   [email-masked]
-- 
David Sewell  *  [email-masked]   | "Upward, downward, the way
Dep't of Geosciences, Univ. of Arizona          |  is one and the same."
 WWW: http://packrat.aml.arizona.edu/~dsew/     |           --Heraclitus

---

From: [email-masked] (Wen-Ping Chen)
Date: 16 May 1996 08:05:38 -0700

Hi: 

Does anyone know any enzyme that can digest glycine-rich cell wall proteins?
I am curious how I can remove cell wall protein from plant cell wall and 
don't want to damage the cells.

Thank you!!

Wen