Subject: Please help with CHONDROBLASTIC OSTEOSARCOMA

From: begleym <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Oct 1995 14:58:03 GMT

My brother has been battling a tumor in his spine for the past year.  I
would like to post the details of his condition where it may catch the
attention of a physician who may have some expertise with this form of
cancer.  please help me or at least offer some suggestions.  Thanks.

The medical name for the tumor is:  chondroblastic grade IV osteosarcoma

The location of the tumor:  C-7 to T-1, and in the right scapular area

Treatments since diognosis September 1994:

   - 3 Laminectomys (Sept.'94, July '95, Sept.'95)

   - 2 seperate sessions of chemotheropy using the following drugs:

       - Cisplatin & Adrimycin (5 weeks post first operation), and
       - Ifosimide & Etopiside (1 week post second operation).

   - Radiation treatment (immediately following first chemo).

Patient:  28 year old white male, 6'2", 195 lbs., non smoker.

The tumor is very agressive and his doctors at the Tom Baker Cancer Center
of the Foothills Hospital in Calgary, Alberta, Canada have determined that
chemotheropy will NOT be effective.  Also, he is over his life time limit
for radiation treatment.  It has been suggested that it may be best to try
to build up his immune system.  We need help from anyone familiar with
chondroblastic osteosarcoma or similar tumors who can suggest ANY treatments
available ANYWHERE in the world (whether recognised by the AMA or not).

Thank you for your consideration.

my e-mail address:    [email-masked]