Subject: POST_DOC AVAILABLE

From: [email-masked] (gabre)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 96 19:47:53 GMT

A postdoctoral position is available immediately to investigate the expression 
of pathogenic related resistance genes in transgenic wheat.  The study will 
include the transformation of wheat with chitinases/glucanases and other 
defense proteins, followed by the analysis of the plants for altered protein 
expression and increased resistance. Experience in molecular biology is 
essential.  Knowledge of binary vector construction, transformation and/or 
biochemistry is preferred.  Mail a curriculum vitae, listing the
 names and addresses of three references, to:

Dr Anna-Maria Botha-Oberholster
Department of Botany and Genetics
University of the Orange Free State
P.O. Box 339
Bloemfontein
9300
South Africa

E-Mail: [email-masked]
FAX: +27 51 4488772