Subject: Re: Large,old jade plant in trouble.

From: [email-masked](Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 23 Jan 1996 22:17:32 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked]
(SPRINGWATER CENTER) writes: 
>
>We have a very large old jade tree plant that is iin trouble. It had a
>minor infestation with scale which seems to be taken care of. At least
>no scale is evident. But it is droppoing leaves and has a black mildew
>like substance in many places and just looks "sick."  It would be very
>difficult to repot, but wonder if something could be causing problem
>in soil (or lack of something). It is watered once a week, with
>fertilizer every other week. Any suggestions much appreciated as I
>would really hate to lose this beautiful plant.
>
>Arida

>>I too lost my Jade plant. It would not support itself upright, and
the props were not sufficient. It finally wilted away despite my
repotting and soil conditioning. I wonder if these plants have a life
expectancy problem, or if a viral or bacterial infection gets to it.
I too would like an answer from anyone with experience out there.
[email-masked]