Subject: Coconuts - how to stop nut development?

From: Jan Forbes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 06:42:22 GMT

Does anyone know of any research which has resulted in any type of
'treatment' which can be applied to coconut palms to prevent the
formation of coconuts?
Any info appreciated!
Jan

---

From: [email-masked] (TGray)
Date: 19 Sep 1995 02:38:16 -0400

Your research will undoubtedly take you into the field of plant growth
regulators, synthetic hormones which govern many aspects of plant
development.  One that is likely to append coconut fruit development is
NAA (Naphthalene Acetic Acid).  Read the label; maybe contact the
manufacturer.

---

From: Owen Foley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 10:27:12 GMT

>'treatment' which can be applied to coconut palms to prevent the

Short of cutting them of...no
But you have aroused my curiosity as to why you want such a thing.
Can you explain?

Owen