Subject: Sage plant used by Indians

From: Thierry Helminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 21:20:22 +0200

I am trying to find out what plant is meant by the 'sage' used by 
Indians in their ceremonies. Is it a Salvia species ,then which or some 
other plant??
Maybe someone can give me a hint?

Thank you

Thierry
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] ("Roger Whitehead")
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 22:05:56 GMT

White sage (Artemisia ludoviciana) was used a lot by the Cheyenne, who 
called it "man sage". The salvias were also used, by other tribes as 
well, but not as much acording to my source.

Roger

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Roger Whitehead,
14 Amy Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0PX, England
Tel: +44 (0)1883 713074; Fax: +44 (0)1883 716793
.