Subject: Faculty Positions in Plant Pathology

From: "Christopher L. Schardl" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 May 1995 00:56:16 GMT

Assistant/Associate Professor(s) of Plant Pathology. Applications 
are invited for two tenure-track faculty positions focusing on 
fundamental research concerning plant-pathogen interactions. 
Although the successful candidates will be allowed broad latitude 
in determining particular research directions, they will be 
expected to develop/direct nationally recognized programs.  Strong 
preference will be given in one position for an individual using 
molecular approaches to the study of prokaryotes and plant 
diseases in which they are causally involved. The appointees will 
be expected to contribute to the instructional program in the 
department as well as to provide expertise to other departmental 
efforts. A Ph.D. in plant pathology or a related discipline is 
required. Postdoctoral experience is desirable. One position may 
be filled at the Associate Professor level with an individual who 
has demonstrated appropriate professional accomplishments. 
Applicants should send curriculum vitae, transcripts, sample 
publications, any other evidence of professional accomplishments 
considered relevant and the names/addresses/phone numbers of at 
least three professional references to Dr. David A. Smith, 
Department of Plant Pathology, S-305 Agricultural Science 
Building-North, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546-0091 
(phone: 606-257-3901; fax: 606-323-1961; email: 
[email-masked]). Applications will be accepted until August 
31, 1995, or until suitably qualified candidates are found. The 
University of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer. Women and 
minorities are encouraged to apply.