Subject: Transpiration Experiment Data

From: Roderick Ferguson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 18:39:25 -0400

Hello, my name is Roderick Ferguson and I am currently carrying out an 
experiment investigating the effects of wind speed (or airflow)and surface 
area on the rate of transpiration.  By posting to this newsgroup earlier I 
received some extremely useful information to base my prediction on.  

I would really appreciate any secondary data for my experiment.  More 
precisely, I would appreciate any data that you know of from an experiment 
involving either surface area or wind speed.  I would be quite happy to 
receive even simple information to do with the specific relationship (ie 
proportionality or an equation) between either surface area or wind speed and 
the rate of transpiration.  

Thank you in advance for your kind responses,

Roderick Ferguson

---

From: [email-masked](Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 28 Jan 1996 21:14:48 GMT

In <[email-masked]> Mimi  Adams <[email-masked]>
writes: 
>
>Does anyone know how to track down a message from the 
>newsgroup "bionet.plants,sci.bio.botany,rec.gardens" ???
>I am interested in the NEW WEB DIRECTORY they have 
>constructed but the web address is not working for me..any 
>ideas?
>
>Mimi Adams
>
>>>A web page would likely start with http:// and followed sometimes by
>>>a www. pointer. It is a set of address and subadesses for locating
>>>the resource. A newsgroup is a bulletin board managed by an overseer
>>>and can be reached using "aliases" just like you mentioned.:) Micro.

---

From: Mimi Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 15:44:46

Mimi Adams