Subject: Plant "vaccine"info wanted

From: [email-masked] (Jerry Bauer)
Date: 27 Aug 1995 20:37:10 -0700

Either we have have been looking in the wrong locations or don=D5t know=
=20
exactly what to search for but we have been having trouble finding=20
information on the following research.  Perhaps someone out there can=20
point us in the right direction (info. references, etc.)
  =20
   Would tomato plants (either transgenic or normal) exposed to=20
Agrobacterium Tumefaciens with a disarmed plasmid develop mechanical=20
and/or biochemical defenses similar to those developed when the tomato=20
callus or plant is exposed to AT with a complete tumor inducing plasmid? =
=20
We are looking at the possibility of developing a =D2vaccine=D3 for plants=
=20
but have been unable to find previous research as a guide.
**Note:  we are somewhat beginners in this field so I hope this question=20
is understandable!

   Thanks in advance for any info provided.
The research team of:
Jerry Bauer ([email-masked])
Brain Davies
Bree Parker