Subject: Re: Help locating Nymphaea odorata Cape Cod Rosea

From: Piers Trehane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 95 08:15:25 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>
           [email-masked] "George Zimmerman " writes:

> I'm posting for my brother who has a large pond in Northern California
> containing many waterlilies.  He would like to add the Nymphaea
> odorata, Var. Cape Cod Rosea to his pond but has been unable to locate
> it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Well, I've never heard of this one!  Maybe the problem lies in the fact
that Nymphaea `Cape Cod Rosea' is an invalid name insofar as it does not
conform to the international rules of nomenclature.  (You can't mix up
words in a modern language with latin words in this way).

I would be interested to know more.....

Piers
-- 
________________________________________________
 Piers Trehane  -  Editor of "INDEX HORTENSIS"
 Hampreston Manor, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 7LX, UK
 [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (George Zimmerman )
Date: 10 Sep 1995 02:56:18 GMT