Subject: VACANCY: UK: Kew; Curator of Living Collections

From: [email-masked] (News)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 12:12:27 GMT

VACANCY: CURATOR OF THE LIVING COLLECTIONS DEPARTMENT

                         A growing success......

The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, is internationally renowned as a
centre of excellence.  This is a superb opportunity for an innovative,
highly motivated person capable of leading and inspiring a team of
professional horticulturists and scientists.

Reporting to the Deputy Director, Science, you will be responsible for
the curation of the living collections, the management of the School
of Horticulture and horticultural elements of the public gardens and
estates of Kew and Wakehurst Place.  You will provide strong direction
to ensure that Living Collections make an effective contribution to
Kew's agreed corporate business aims, working closely with other
departments.  You will also represent us on various national and
international committees and working parties.

Your proven record of achievement in the management of living
collections will include an advanced knowledge of botanical
horticulture and related sciences, experience of dealing with a wide
range of national and international botanical institute and an
understanding of the Biodiversity Convention and CITES and their
implications for Botanic Gardens.  We are also looking for first class
communication, strategic planning and people management skills and a
flair for fund raising.

Starting salary upwards from UKP 30,000.

For more details and an application form (to be returned by 28 April
1995), write to Recruitment and Assessment Services, Alencon Link,
Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 1JB, or telephone Basingstoke +44 (0)1256
468551 (answerphone), or fax +44 (0)1256 846374/846660.  
Please quote reference B/2495.

Informal email enquiries to:     [email-masked]
General information available on http://www.rbgkew.org.uk

An equal opportunity employer.