Subject: botanists' memory project

From: [email-masked] (David Kurz)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 1995 22:39:10 GMT

Dear Bionet.planters,

Well, I finally got the news!  The botanists' memory project is for
botanists or other "plant people" who remember me.  If you studied botany
at Ohio University or know me from Athens or elsewhere, please send ms. to
this address ([email-masked]) or to my work address
([email-masked]).  Even if you don't know me you can write!

BTW, I now am a librarian in Marietta, Ohio and work in a beautiful
Carnegie library atop a large Hopewell mound where Manasseh Cutler
invented dendrochronology (1789) by dating the mounds by felling the old
trees on the mound and counting the tree rings (in the presence of
Governor St. Clair).  This laid the groundwork for Andrew Douglass's work
over a century later.  Stop by if you are in Marietta and I will try to
disprove the no-free-lunch theory.

Sincerely,
David Kurz
--
Sincerely, David Kurz [email-masked]