Subject: Announcement: BeanRef on another machine and a new feature

From: [email-masked] (Mario Nenno [Bio.])
Date: 14 May 1996 07:57:02 GMT

*** news *** news *** news *** news *** news *** news *** news *** news ***

BeanRef has been moved to another machine. The new URL is:

        ===========================================
	http://scaffold.biologie.uni-kl.de/Beanref/
        ===========================================

Don't forget to make this change to your bookmarks and hotlists!

On this machine it was possible to add a new feature to BeanRef:

	=================================================
		The Table of Contents 'database' of the
	Annual Report of the Bean Improvement Cooperative
		     for the years 1987 - 1996
	=================================================

Please note that it is NOT AN OFFICIAL DATABASE OF THE BIC, but was
created for personal use. Nevertheless, I hope you will find it usefull.
You can search full text for author, title, keywords and document type.
For more information see the www page with the URL:

	http://scaffold.biologie.uni-kl.de/Beanref/bic/bicsuch.htm
	----------------------------------------------------------

Any comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome!
Click to my email address given on every page in BeanRef or send an separate 
email to: [email-masked]

Here follows a short description of BeanRef:

                       What is BeanRef?
                       ================

BeanRef is a electronic information resource consiting of references
about different aspects of research on beans (Phaseolus/Vigna). 

BeanRef contains addresses, short descriptions, and links to 
electronically available information on the internet. Until now there
are references  to germplasm collections, genetic maps, conferences,
organizations,  mailing list, and newsletters. More items can be
incorporated.

Since I cannot read all journals, newsletter, cannot attend all conferences 
and spend all the time surfing through the cyperspace of Internet 
I want YOU, the potential user of Beanref, to provide me with new references.

Everybody who has a collection, a database, runs a conference or has further 
information related to beans, please drop a few lines with details as 
complete as possible. Also if the references in BeanRef are no longer valid 
or addresses have changed, please let me know. 

The more people contribute to BeanRef, the more it will become a complete
reference to research on beans.

Mario Nenno