Subject: BIOMORPHOGRAPHER, BIOPROGRAMMER

From: [email-masked] (drabik)
Date: 18 Jun 1996 12:37:21 GMT

For more information, contact :
JEAN-LUC DUVERGER   
81, Boulevard Boisson - 13004  MARSEILLE - FRANCE       
TEL: (33) 91 49 05 49 - FAX : (33) 91 49 65 05
R.C MARSEILLE  87 A C1  SIRET 339 995 839 00026   CODE APE  511T  FR 
34339995839

PEPISTA SYSTEM

BIOMORPHOGRAPHER - BIOPROGRAMMER

I.N.R.A.(*) PATENTED PRODUCTS

THIS SYSTEM IS BASED ON A SIMPLE BIOLOGICAL PRINCIPAL, i.e : TO ASSUME 
ITS PHOTOSYNTHESIS ACTIVITY, A PLANT ABSOBS WATER THROUGH ITS ROOTS AND 
TRANSPIRES IT THROUGH ITS LEAVES.

WHEN A PLANT TRANSPIRES MORE THAN  WHAT IT ABSORBS, THE PLANT THEN USES 
ITS OWN WATER CAPACITY  TO COMPENSATE THIS DEFICIT. THIS CAUSES A 
REDUCTION OF VOLUME OF THE CELLS. THIS MICRON CONTRACTION IS MEASURED AND 
TRANSMITTED THROUGH SENSORS TO PEPISTA THAT ANALYSES AND INTERPRETS THE 
DATAS.

THE SENSORS (4 TO 8 EACH HOMOGENEOUS PARCEL) CAN  BE FIXED ON ANY KIND OF 
SUPPORT SUCH AS : STEM, FOOT, BRANCH AND FRUIT TO BE ADAPTED TO EVERY 
CULTURE.

PEPISTA IS A BIOPROGRAMMER

AROUND MIDDAY, PLANTS TRANSPIRE MORE WATER THAN WHAT THEY CAN  ABSORB 
THROUGH THEIR ROOTS.  WHEN THE DEMAND LOWERS, IN THE NIGHT, THE PLANTS 
RECONSTRUCT THEIR OWN RESERVES.

BUT, AS THE SOIL WATER RESERVES LOWERS TOO, THE DIURNAL CONTRACTION 
INCREASES. IT REACHES A POINT WHERE IT CAN'T BE COMPENSATE BY THE 
NOCTURNAL RECOVERY. THIS IS THE APPROPRIATE TIME WHERE THE MAXIMUM 
CONTRACTION RATE CAN DE DETERMINED, RATE THAT SHOULD NOT BE SUPASSED IF 
WE DO NOT WANT TO LOWER THE PLANTS' GROWTH RATE.

AT THAT POINT, PEPISTA, SETS ON THE IRRIGATION SYSTEM SO THAT THE PLANT 
ACTIVITY SHOULD NOT BE DISTURBED BY THE LACK OF WATER.

PEPISTA IS A BIOMORPHOGRAPHER

PEPISTA CONTINUOUSLY MEASURES THE DIAMETERS OF THE STEMS, BRANCHES AND 
FRUITS. THIS ALLOWS YOU TO ESTABLISH A PRECISE FOLLOW-UP OF THE PLANTS 
GROWTH IN A DEFINED PARCEL.

PEPISTA MEMORIZED DATAS FROM THE MEASUREMENTS. AND WITH THE HELP OF A 
PERSONNAL COMPUTER PROGRAM IT IS POSSIBLE TO WORK ON THIS INFORMATION AND 
TO VISUALIZE THE PLANTS' DEVELOPMENT GRAPHS. THESE GRAPHS CAN SHOW 
INCIDENTS OTHER THAN IRRIGATIONAL PROBLEMS (i.e FERTILIZATION, 
DISEASES...)
YOU CAN ALSO COMPARE CULTURE DEVELOPMENT DATA  OVER A PERIOD OF SEVERAL 
YEARS.

PEPISTA CAN BE CONNECTED TO OTHER TYPES OF SENSORS (TENSIOMETERS...) AND 
THEREFORE  BECOME A MAIN DECISION CENTER.

THIS SYSTEM IS ALREADY WORKING IN INSTITUTES IN AGRONOMIC  RESEARCH AND 
IN AGRICULTURAL FARMS, IN AROUND 40 COUNTRIES.

(*) NATIONAL INSTITUTE IN AGRONOMIC RESEARCH

DESCRIPTION IN FRENCH :

PEPISTA 3000

PEPISTA 3000 MESURE ET MEMORISE EN PERMANENCE LES VARIATIONS DE DIAMETRE 
DES TIGES OU FRUIT D'UNE PLANTE, SANS PERTURBER SON FONCTIONNEMENT.

PEPISTA 3000 EST UN ENSEMBLE AUTONOME CONSTITUE :

- D'UN BOITIER ELECTRONIQUE AVEC SON LOGICIEL SPECIFIQUE, A LA FOIS COEUR 
ET CERVEAU DU SYSTEME.
- DE CAPTEURS POUR MESURER LA VARIATION MICROMETRIQUE  DE DIAMETRE.
- D'UN LOGICIEL SUR ORDINATEUR POUR VISUALISER LES COURBES DE CROISSANCE.

PEPISTA PEUT ETRE RELIE A  D'AUTRES TYPES DE CAPTEURS (TENSIOMETRE...), 
ET EN INTEGRANT PLUSIEURS SOURCES D'INFORMATIONS, DEVIENT AINSI LA BASE 
D'UN ENSEMBLE D'OUTILS D'AIDE A LA DECISION.

PRINCIPE DE FONCTIONNEMENT

LE SYSTEME PEPIPA 3000 EST BASE SUR UN PRINCIPE DE BIOLOGIE TRES SIMPLE :

POUR  ASSURER SON ACTIVITE  DE PHOTOSYNTHESE, UNE PLANTE ABSORBE L'EAU 
PAR LES RACINES ET LA TRANSPIRE PAR LES FEUILLES.
DES QU'ELLE TRANSPIRE PLUS QU'ELLE  N'ABSORBE,  LA PLANTE MOBILISE SES 
PROPRES RESERVES EN EAU POUR COMPENSER CE DEFICIT. LORSQUE LA DEMANDE  
DIMINUE, LA PLANTE RECONSTITUE SES RESERVES. CECI SE TRADUIT PAR UNE 
VARIATION DU VOLUME DES CELLULES.

CETTE AMPLITUDE DE CONTRACTION DE QUELQUES DIZAINES DE MICRONS EST 
MESUREE PAR LES C APTEURS, TRANSMISE, ENREGISTREE ET INTERPRETEE PAR 
PEPISTA.
LES CAPTEURS (4 A 8 PAR PARCELLE HOMOGENE) FIXES SUR TIGE, BRANCHE, 
FRUIT, S'ADAPTENT A DE NOMBREUSES  CULTURES.

PEPISTA 3000 DECLENCHE L'IRRIGATION

PEPISTA PEUT ACTIONNER DIRECTEMENT (BIOPROGRAMMATEUR) UNE VOIE 
D'IRRIGATION OU ETRE RELIE A UN AUTOMATE D'IRRIGATION.

VERS LE MILIEU DE LA JOURNEE, LA PLANTE TRANSPIRE PLUS D'EAU QU'ELLE NE 
PEUT EN ABSORBER PAR LES RACINES, MEME EN  SOL BIEN HUMIDE. LA NUIT, LA 
PLANTE RECONSTITUE SES  RESERVES EN EAU DU SOL, LA CONTRACTION DIURNE 
S'ACCENTUE.
IL ARRIVE UN STADE OU ELLE N'EST PLUS COMPENSEE PAR LA RECUPERATION 
NOCTURNE.

UNE FONCTION ORIGINALE DU LOGICIEL PROPRE AU MODULE PEPISTA PERMET ALORS 
DE DECLENCHER L'IRRIGATION AVANT MEME QUE LES PLANTES N'AIENT EU A 
SOUFFRIR D'UN MANQUE D'EAU.

PEPISTA 3000 INFORME

LE SYSTME PEPISTA SUIT EN DIRECT LA CROISSANCE DES PLANTES, 
(BIOMORPHOGRAPHE) ET PEUT DONNER L'ALERTE SUR DES INCIDENTS AUTRES QUE  
L'IRRIGATION.

GRACE A UN PROGRAMME POUR MICRO-ORDINATEUR, IL EST POSSIBLE DE RECUPERER 
A TOUT MOMENT LES INFORMATIONS ENREGISTREES PAR PEPISTA ET  DE VISUALISER 
LES COURBES D'EVOLUTION DES  VEGETAUX : MINI ET MAXI JOURNALIER, 
CROISSANCE GENERALE...

LES COURBES PEUVENT METTRE EN EVIDENCE DES  INCIDENTS AUTRES QUE 
L'IRRIGATION (FERTILISATION, MALADIES, REGULATION...)

ELLES PERMETTENT D'ETUDIER LES REACTIONS DES PLANTES SOUMISES A DIVERS 
TRAITEMENTS, D'EFFECTUER DES COMPARAISONS DE DEVELOPPEMENT...

UNE JUSTE DOSE D'EAU ADAPTEE AUX BESOINS REELS DES PLANTES

ISSU DE LA RECHERCHE, PEPISTA EST DEVENU UN OUTIL QUOTIDIEN POUR LES 
AGRICULTEURS LES PLUS EXIGEANTS, VISANT LES PLUS HAUTS RENDEMENTS ET LA 
MEILLEURES QUALITE DE RECOLTE.

CARACTERISTIQUES TECHNIQUES DE PEPISTA 3000

BOITIER ELECTRONIQUE ETANCHE :
- 8 ENTREES CAPTEUR
- 1 BORNIER DE DECLENCHEMENT D'IRRIGATION
- 1 PRISE TERMINAL POUR LA PROGRAMMATION DU MODULE ET LA RECUPERATION DES 
DONNEES.

ALIMENTATION ELECTRIQUE AU CHOIX :
- BATTERIE 12 VOLTS, AUTONOMIE SUPERIEURE  A 3 MOIS AVEC 70 AH
- PANNEAU SOLAIRE 10 W CRETE, 12 VOLTS cc ACEC UNE BATTERIE TAMPON 6 AH.

CAPACITE DE  MEMOIRE DU MODULE :
- 7 JOURS AVEC 8 VOIES ET 48 SCRUTATIONS PAR  JOUR ET PAR VOIE...

CAPTEURS :
-PRECISION : 1/100e DE mm
- DISTANCE MAXI ENTRE LES CAPTEURS ET LE  BOITIER : 100 cm

CE SYSTEME EST DEJA UTILISE PAR DES CENTRES DE RECHERCHES ET DES 
EXPLOITATIONS AGRICOLES DANS UNE QUARANTAINE DE PAYS.