Subject: Re: Joshua Tree

From: [email-masked](Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 28 Jun 1996 22:04:09 GMT

In <[email-masked]>
[email-masked] (Susette Horspool) writes: 
>
>In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked]
>(Marc Berg) wrote:
>
>> Hi...hope we're in the right area. Wondering if anyone can tell us
about
>> the Joshua Tree....ie where it grows, if it would be possible to
>> transplant in a climate like Canada, and any other info. Thanks in
>> advance, mb
>
>Hi to you too!
>
>I live in Joshua Tree land - southern California in the Mojave Desert.
The
>Joshua Tree is a member of the lily family. It needs hardly any water,
>very dry air, lots and lots of sun. I think Canada wouldn't work very
>well. But if you'd like to see the tree in its native habitat, let me
know
>and I can arrange a tour - down here, of course.
>
>Regards - Susette
>
>"Let there be no purpose in friendship, save the deepening of the
spirit."  -Kahlil Gibran.

In fact Susette, the Joshua tree is native to the Mojave desert! I
lived for years in the AV, and will return before long. The "tree' is
not one as you mentioned, was named by Mormons that saw the tree as the
Biblical character with arms held high despite 50 knot winds. Last
month Nat Geo had an article on the Mojave desert and lots of beautiful
pictures of these "trees"! :)......Micro, alive and not a microbe!