Subject: An alert for Vector Biology Newsgroup, Call for votes

From: "D.L. Knudson" <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Aug 1995 18:57:00 GMT

In the event you may have missed this call for votes on a topic which
might be of interest to you, I enclose the call.
-- 
=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
Dr. Dennis L. Knudson, Professor of Entomology and Microbiology
Department of Entomology         Telephone: 970 491-7255
College of Agricultural Sciences       Fax: 970 491-0564  
Colorado State University         Internet:[email-masked]
Fort Collins, CO  80523  USA      URL http://klab.agsci.colostate.edu/
=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
Newsgroups: bionet.announce
From: BIOSCI Administrator
Subject: CALL FOR VOTES: VECTOR-BIOLOGY/bionet.biology.vectors
Distribution: world
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]

Voting is now open on the following proposal to create the mailing
list & newsgroup

VECTOR-BIOLOGY/bionet.biology.vectors

The charter was not modified as a result of the discussion.

*** NOTE *** We are often running several votes for other newsgroups,
so please be certain to follow the voting directions *carefully*!  If
you just send in a message saying "YES" or "NO" it will not be counted
if it is not clear which proposal you are responding to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposal to establish VECTOR-BIOLOGY/bionet.biology.vectors

Proposed USENET name:           bionet.biology.vectors (unmoderated)

Proposed mailing list name:     VECTOR-BIOLOGY

Proposed e-mail addresses:      [email-masked]
                                [email-masked]
Discussion leaders:

Dennis Knudson, e-mail: [email-masked]
Professor, Dept. of Entomology, Colorado State University,
Ft. Collins, CO  80523

Martin Ferguson, e-mail: [email-masked]
Post. Doc., Dept. of Entomology, Colorado State University,
Ft. Collins, CO  80523

Charter:

The purpose of the VECTOR-BIOLOGY newsgroup is to provide a
communications forum for biologists, molecular biologists and
parasitologists, entomologists, medical specialists, vector control
professionals and others involved in the research and control of
arthropods which transmit disease to plants and animals.

The newsgroup will be unmoderated.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting is now open on the proposal for
VECTOR-BIOLOGY/bionet.biology.vectors and will run through 24:00 hrs
Pacific Time on 30 August 1995.  Please send your vote to either of
the following addresses:

Address                               Location        Network
-------                               --------        -------
[email-masked]               U.K.            JANET
[email-masked]                   U.S.A.          Internet/BITNET

PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE FORMAT BELOW - WE OFTEN RUN MORE THAN ONE
VOTE AT A TIME SO A SIMPLE "YES" OR "NO" MESSAGE WITHOUT THE NEWSGROUP
NAME MAY BE AMBIGUOUS.  Your vote should contain a single line:

YES on VECTORBIO

if you favor allowing the creation of this newsgroup or

NO on VECTORBIO

if you think that this proposal will adversely affect the
BIOSCI/bionet system.  While not intended to be an exhaustive list of
possible concerns (more specific concerns may have been raised during
the discussion period on BIOFORUM/bionet.general and interested
readers are referred to these), some general reasons for voting NO
might be if you are concerned about newsgroup proliferation and/or
believe that the proposed group will not be utilized, or if you think
that the proposed newsgroup would substantially duplicate or overlap
with the function of existing newsgroups.  If you are simply not
interested in participating in the newsgroup above, please don't cast
a NO vote, but instead just don't vote at all.

The newsgroup proposal must receive at least 80 YES votes to pass and
the number of YES votes must be greater than the number of NO votes by
at least 40.  Discussion of the newsgroup proposal is now closed and
we strongly discourage posting any messages in other forums about the
fact that a CALL FOR VOTES has been issued.

                                Sincerely,

                                Dave Kristofferson
                                BIOSCI/bionet Manager

                                [email-masked]