Subject: HELP!!! Creeping Myrtle taking over.How do you get rid of it???

From: dww
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 20:58:02 GMT

I live in Northern Calif. in Shasta County.I have Creeping Myrtle on
the sloping banks around my home and it is taking over and I mean
over.I've tried RoundUp in large doses to no avail.I've tried
(initially) to trim and cut it back but it's winning by about 8 to 10
feet per year.Any help or suggestions from anyone would be
appreciated.

                     Thanks for your help, in advance.
                      E-mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 2 Aug 1995 21:17:14 GMT

In <[email-masked]> dww writes: 
>>> Mix 8 oz per gallon of RoundUp 42% with 8 oz per gallon Lesco 3way,
add a tablespoon of dishwash detergent. Apply until the foliage is
covered well. Then sit back and watch it writhle away. I hope the Cal
EPA allows the sale of Lesco 3way which consists of 2-4-D broadleaf
killer. Let me know the [email-masked]