Subject: Any information regarding Neem Tree?

From: [email-masked] (Chris Doolan)
Date: 31 May 1995 14:58:52 GMT

Hello there,

My name is Chris and on behalf of a friend I am collating as much 
information as possible regaurding the Neem plant. It has been used as a 
natural pest repelent and its wood has been known to deter termites. 

I'm interested in finding information regarding the active substance and 
if anybody within Australia or the rest of the world can help me purchase 
Neem oil and a single plant of the (I think 76) species. 

Does anybody outthere have any info regauding this plant. If you could 
Email any responses this would be well appreciated as I can not all the 
time keep an eye on this newsgroup.

Thanks in advance...

|\ /| 
|o o| Chris (Email: [email-masked])
.=+=.

---

From: [email-masked] (Joerg Langen)
Date: 31 May 1995 15:45:23 -0700

Hi Chris,
Try to search in Gopherspace for the searchengine of USDA

Regards,
	Joerg

---

From: Gary Poyssick <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Jun 1995 12:13:23 GMT

Check out a book called:

NEEM: A TREE FOR SOLVING GLOBAL PROBLEMS

Published by the National Academy Press
Washington, D.C. 1992

Library of Congress Catalog Card #91-68332
ISBN 0-309-04686-6
S527

I think it will tell you what you need to know. - poyssick

There are several "organic" insect repellents being made from it. 
BioNeem from Safer Chemical is one.

People in India brush their teeth with the twigs from the tree. It grows 
well here in Florida, where lots of people have started to get 
interested in its many strange properties.