Subject: Orchid Seedlings

From: Gary Poyssick <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 May 1995 20:27:55 GMT

I am an orchid grower in Tampa Florida and collect rare plants. I would 
be interested in trading orchid seedlings (well-established and 
beautiful) of many species in return for rare succulents, cacti, 
tropicals, palms, and anything else cool and strange.

---

From: [email-masked] (Una Smith)
Date: 19 May 1995 17:05:22 GMT

Gary Poyssick <[email-masked]> writes:

>I am an orchid grower in Tampa Florida and collect rare plants.
>I would be interested in trading orchid seedlings ...

Gary,

You have been very generous in answering many novice gardening
and other plant-related questions here in bionet.plants.  Many
readers here will no longer respond to such questions, because
it encourages the (mis)use of bionet.plants as a gardening tips
forum.  Rec.gardens is the best place for gardening questions;
even novice questions there get enthusiastic, helpful replies.

Now you mention a special interest in orchids, but I don't see
any posts by you in the orchids newsgroup:  rec.gardens.orchids.
Perhaps you aren't aware of the existence of rec.gardens and
rec.gardens.orchids?  Check them out;  they're great resources!