Subject: Question: method for softening cellulose

From: [email-masked] (Milt Johns )
Date: 3 Aug 1995 15:12:08 GMT

I'm interested in a method/chemical that will soften or hydrate woody
plant tissues including cellulose and lignin.  Any recommendations are
welcome

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Hovenden)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 01:32:18 GMT

>plant tissues including cellulose and lignin.  Any recommendations are

Why not use cellulase and macerase which are easily available enzymes 
specifically for this purpose.  Or just use HCl if you're not fussy about what 
comes out ie if you just want lignin left.

Mark Hovenden
Dept. Plant Science
Uni of Tasmania
AUSTRALIA

---

From: Marc Andelman <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Aug 1995 18:11:24 GMT

> May I ask what your application is?
Marc Andelman