Subject: tropical fruit: seeds/cuttings exch

From: Claudio Pilustrelli <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Jul 1995 01:33:19 GMT

I am seeking contacts from other "tropical" climates who is/are 
interested in the direct exchange of propagation material, 
information, and techniques related to the collection and small 
scale production of edible fruits, nuts, vegetable and spices.  
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE: I have access to hundreds of species, 
cultivars and varieties of the above available for international 
exchange (strictly legitimate).
CURRENTLY WANTED: for example, seeds or budwood of the "Pinhao" 
("Parana Pine Nut", 'Araucaria angustifolia') from southern 
Brazil (now in produce markets there thorugh July).

---

From: Gary Poyssick <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jul 1995 13:55:57 GMT

I have some very cool stuff I would be willing to trade as well. There 
is a tropical fruit society here in Tampa. I will get the address in the 
next few days and send it to you.

I got one for you -- a native Florida vanilla (an orchid that lives as 
an epiphytic vine).