Subject: Organic nutrient Q

From: [email-masked] (Jani Pohjanraito)
Date: 2 May 1995 21:46:41 GMT

[Actually posted this once, but no-one answered so I decided to try again]

	When growing plants (esp. vegetables and teas), which are the
best sources for following nutrients: Ca, Mg, P, K, and Potash (especially in
household)?

	Eggshells contain at least Ca - is it in useful form? Any other
nutrients in them?

	What about wood ash?

 - I am quite new to this sort of thing, but catching up quickly, so please
help,

J. Pohjanraito

---

From: [email-masked] (William Tivol)
Date: 3 May 1995 18:27:57 GMT

Jani Pohjanraito ([email-masked]) wrote:

: 	When growing plants (esp. vegetables and teas), which are the
: best sources for following nutrients: Ca, Mg, P, K, and Potash (especially in
: household)?

Potash is KOH (or high in KOH).

: 	Eggshells contain at least Ca - is it in useful form? Any other
: nutrients in them?

Yes, the Ca is useful, and (I think) there is P as well.

: 	What about wood ash?

Wood ash =~ potash.

Mg is in all plants, so mulching in some clippings and/or starting a compost
pile will supply this nutrient (as well as K, P, & N).  BTW, N is the best
fertilizer for promoting leaf growth.  Good luck.
				Yours,
				Bill Tivol