Subject: Luffa (Loofah)

From: CIN Guest User <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Mar 1996 10:32:15 GMT

Hi.
I am looking for some basic information about what makes Loofah 
plants tick.
Specifically I am after information about factors affecting 
specific developmental events  such as germination, leaf 
initiation, flowering fruit set etc. Info on daylength 
sensitivity and heat sums relating to growth and development 
would be extra nice. I am also after any info on cultural 
aspects eg. trellising systems, nutrition, and factors 
affecting fruit size and fibre quality.  Any leads would be 
most appreciated.

We are growing these plants and know a little about them, but 
we need to learn a lot more and I am sure that there must be a 
fair bit known about them somewhere out there.

Thanks
Steve Burgess
Dagun, Qld. Australia
([email-masked])