Subject: JOB: Asst. Prof., Agronomy/Crop Management

From: [email-masked] (G. Murray Ballance)
Date: 10 May 1995 19:41:22 GMT

Assistant Professor,  Agronomy/Crop Management
                     Department of Plant Science
                        University of Manitoba
                      Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

The Department of Plant Science invites applications for a tenure-track
position as Assistant Professor in Agronomy and Crop Management. Candidates
must have a B.Sc.  in Agriculture or equivalent and a Ph.D. in Agronomy,
Crop Ecology, Cropping Systems or a closely related area. Proven
experience in planning and conducting field research, and in
experimental design and analysis, is essential. A knowledge of weed
ecology and control would be a definite asset. Preference will be given
to candidates with excellent communication skills, a strong publication
record, proven teaching experience and leadership qualities. The
successful candidate will be expected to teach diploma, bachelor's
degree, and post-graduate courses in crop science (including weed and
pest management) and supervise post-graduate students. As well, it is
expected that the successful candidate will develop a strong research
program supported by external funding, work collaboratively with other
Faculty members and scientists at other institutions, and interact
regularly with agricultural producers, extension specialists and
agribusiness. Starting salary will be between $35,330 and $50,000 plus
benefits depending on qualifications and experience. Applications
including a curriculum vitae, transcripts, statements of teaching and
research interests, reprints of recent publications and the names,
addresses and phone numbers of three referees should be submitted to
Dr. G.M. Ballance, Acting Head, Department of Plant Science, University
of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N2. Closing date for
applications is July 31, 1995.  The University of Manitoba encourages
applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible
minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. The
University offers a smoke free work environment, save for specially
designated areas. This advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens
and permanent residents.