Subject: Re: Leaf Miner in Honeysuckle

From: [email-masked] (Maarten van Helden)
Date: 14 Aug 1995 07:05:07 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>
>I have a leaf miner in honeysuckle that appears as a small brown blotch 
>that starts on the margin of the leaf and works it's way in. There are no 
>references in the text that I have. Anyone familiar with this pest and a 
>possible control? 
>

The insect is probably Napomyza xylostei or a related species (at least that's 
what it is here in europe). Chemical control usually is not necessary. Plants 
can loose quite a bit of leaves before there is real damage. If you still want 
to spray look for a synthetic pyrethroid.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
||\\  //||  Dr. Maarten van Helden
|| \\// ||  Dept. of Entomology
||  \/  ||  Wageningen Agricultural University
||||||||||  Binnenhaven 7, 6709 PD
||      ||  Wageningen, the Netherlands
||      ||  Tel +31-8370-85118 Fax +31-8370-84821
||      ||  Email: <[email-masked]>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++