Subject: Agrobacterium rhizogenes

From: [email-masked] (Charles S Buer)
Date: 7 Jun 1996 05:51:08 -0700

Dear netters--

I tried this forum to find several strains of Agrobacterium rhizogenes
about a month ago without any luck.  In fact, the response was so poor I
wonder if anyone is even using any natural strains of A. rhizogenes.  (I
had two responses.  One from a lab using an engineered strain and one from
a person referring me to another person who has never answered my email
request).  In an effort to keep costs at a minimum, I will try one more
time.

I am a graduate student gearing up to do some comparisons of infection
between several Agrobacterium rhizogenes strains.  I am wondering if any
labs out there have the following strains and are willing to share a
culture. 

The amended list:
A4 wild type (= ATCC 31798)
HRI
ICPB TR7
ICPB TR105
ICPB TR107
K47
K599
NCPPB 1855 (= LBA 9402)

I would be grateful for any responses to my personal email address.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) 
					|
Charles S. Buer                         |E-mail:  [email-masked]
Biology/Biotechnology Dept.             |Phone:   (508) 831-5052
Worcester Polytechnic Institute         |FAX:     (508) 831-5936
100 Institute Rd.                       |http://www.wpi.edu/~buer
Worcester, MA 01609                     |
					|
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)