Subject: Re: Help with leaf disk assay?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 10:49:54

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (James Thomas Murphy) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (James Thomas Murphy)
>Subject: Help with leaf disk assay?
>Date: 20 Jun 1995 10:55:19 -0700

>Hello plant people,
> I am supposed to come up with a leaf disk assay in which a leaf disk 
>from a raspberry seedling is innoculated with a rust fungi. The problem 
>is that the leaf disk can not dessicate or otherwise deteriorate and the 
>assay has to last about 10-14 days. I can't use whole seedlings for the 
>assay, I have to use leaf disks. I've done a literature search but the 
>references I've found aren't at my school.  Can anyone point out some 
>references or give advice on coming up with a good technique for 
>maintaing a leaf disk in "good" condition for up to two weeks? Any help 
>would be greatly appreiated.

>James Murphy
>[email-masked]

How about asking the library to find and copy those references for you? I 
would think that somewhere in the UC system your references exist.

Nadine Henderson
[email-masked]
Scottish Crop Research Institute

"Proud to be an alumna of UC Davis"

---

From: [email-masked] (James Thomas Murphy)
Date: 20 Jun 1995 10:55:19 -0700

Hello plant people,

James Murphy
[email-masked]