Subject: Re: Q: How to get fresh seeds of Macro - Zanonia ??

From: [email-masked] (Heinrich Draxl)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 12:17:51 GMT

X-Newsreader: WinVN 0.92.6+

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (mel turner) says:
>
>In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Heinrich Draxl) writes:
>
>>Does anybody know, how to get fresh seeds of Macro - Zanonia ?
>>We are doing some investigation on the flight performance of these seeds.
>>A few pcs would be enough, but if we could get a whole fruit we would be very
>>happy !
>
>Another good flying seed is that of Pithecoctenium in the Bignoniaceae.  

Hi,

Thank you for the Info.
Do you have fresh seeds of Pithecoctenium .

ITZHAK ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (mel turner)
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 1995 01:51:05

>Thank you for the Info.
>Do you have fresh seeds of Pithecoctenium ?

    Sorry, but all I ever saw were seeds borrowed from herbarium specimens.  
They are, I think,  like those of Zanonia in that when dropped they tend to 
smoothly glide  a long distance horizontally (like small paper airplanes)  
rather than just fluttering or spinning downward like most winged seeds & 
fruits.    They were fun items with which to "experiment" (i.e., play), I 
recall.
good luck, mdt