Subject: Wanted: source for Amazon herb

From: [email-masked] (John Obrien)
Date: 1 Apr 1996 16:25:58 GMT

I'd like to find a (reliable) source for a Brazilian herb called
"Muira Puama" (Ptchopetalum olacoides).  

I already know it's available from a group called Raintree Marketing, but
I'm looking for other sources, even direct import of the wood, if that
is possible.

Any suggestions?

--
   ,o888b,`?~~~~~                                           ~~~~~P',d888o,
 ,8888 888   ?~~~     John D. O'Brien  [email-masked]    ~~~P   888 8888,
 8888888P'    ~~~                                           ~~~     ?8888888
 888P'        ~~~     "When all the World recognizes        ~~~        `?888
 `88   O     d~~~       good as good, This in itself        ~~~b     O   88'
   `?._  _.o~~~~~       is Evil." Lao Tsu                   ~~~~~o._  _.P'

---

From: [email-masked](Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 2 Apr 1996 22:39:24 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (John Obrien)
>I'm looking for other sources, even direct import of the wood, if that

You are looking for "saboarana" wood. This is a beautiful wood that
will play a very negative impact on the Amazon ecosystem by greedy
exporters. I am glad not to be there to see it happen.

---

From: [email-masked](Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 2 Apr 1996 22:32:00 GMT

>I'm looking for other sources, even direct import of the wood, if that

Oh Amazon, nothing is sacred anymore! This is a beautiful wood that
will lead to a lot of destruction of that rain forest where I was born
and raised!