Subject: Posting replies to plant-biology net inquiries.

From: [email-masked] (Terry Conley)
Date: 8 Oct 1995 09:06:03 -0700

Dear Plant-Biology "Netters"

        Lately I find my electronic mailbox filled with multiple replies to
questions that have been posted on the 'net, for example, the recent
question regarding the meaning of "cv." and the many replies to questions
asking for information on the "care and feeding" of houseplants.

        I would like to suggest that such replies be made directly to the
person posting the question, rather than to the 'net as a whole.
Certainly, if the question is on a subject that is of general interest to
the plant biology group, the replier could always ask that the replies be
compiled and posted as a summary of responses.

        Thanks for your consideration.

Terry R. Conley
Biological Sciences
110 Tucker Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia MO 65211
Tel 314-882-3184
Fax 314-882-0123
E-mail [email-masked]