Subject: positions

From: Klaus Apel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 11:47:35 +0200

Positions for Two Doctoral Students in Plant Molecular Genetics

Two positions for doctoral students are available for research in one of 
three areas:

a)Identification and characterization of the circadian clock in higher 
plants (see e.g. Plant J. 5: 799-813)

b)The functions of the light-dependent NADPH-protochlorophyllide 
oxidoreductases A and B of higher plants (see e.g. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 
92: 3254-3258; Plant Cell 8: 763-769)

c)The role of thionins as part of a defense mechanism of higher plants 
against pathogens (see e.g. Plant Physiol. 109, 813-820)

Candidates should have received a solid practical training in 
Microbiology, Molecular Biology and/or Biochemistry. Candidates will 
initially rotate and will work within three different research groups for 
four weeks each. These positions are initially available for three years 
and can be renewed for an additional year. The salary starts at approx. 
Sfr. 26'000,-- (net) p.a.

Applicants should send a CV and addresses of two referees to:

Prof. Klaus Apel 
ETH Zürich
Institute of Plant Sciences
Universitätstrasse 2
8092 Zürich
Switzerland

Tel. 0041-1-632 3821
                  -632 4985
Fax 0041-1-632 1239
                   632 1081