Subject: If you teach statistics (P04065d)

From: [email-masked] (Resampling Stats)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 02:43:04 GMT

WITH RESAMPLING: STUDENTS LEARN MORE, ENJOY COURSE

As far back as the 1970's, controlled experiments found better 
classroom results with the "new statistics" -  the resampling 
method - than with conventional methods.  Students handle more 
problems correctly and like statistics much better with resampling 
than with conventional methods.

At sites ranging from Frederick Junior College to Stanford University 
Graduate School, recent surveys of student judgments of courses using 
the resampling method - including both introductory and graduate 
classes - show that students recommend the method.

Followup surveys of introductory students taught both resampling and 
conventional statistics show a clear advantage for resampling in 
amount learned, amount retained, and likelihood to use statistics in 
personal or work life.

For a preprint with full description and data, please reply with your 
email and full regular mail address ("snail-mail").

Peter Bruce                                Resampling Stats
phone 703-522-2713                         612 N. Jackson St.
fax   703-522-5846                         Arlington, VA  22201
[email-masked]                          USA