Subject: Re: Hymenocallis / Spider Lilly

From: [email-masked](Michael L Roginsky )
Date: 23 Jan 1996 22:34:38 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Marco_Bleeker)
writes: 
>
>Hi,
>Was it in this newsgroup, a few months ago, that Spider Lilly was a
>topic? Someone told me the name of that one species that occurs in
>Suriname. But I forgot it... I have a picture now, and would like to
>have the full name with it...
>
>Thanks in advance, Marco
>
>
><[email-masked]>---------------------<Marco Bleeker, Amsterdam,
NL>
><CHEZ MARCO'S BOTANY
PAGES>------<http://www.euronet.nl/users/mbleeker/>
><Plants Programs Pictures>--------------------<need table aware
browser>
.........I happen to be one that posted a help to identify the spider
lily in Georgia. My good friend and professor Julius made me look up
its latin name. This lilly is found along the creekbanks of the Georgia
piedmont. A fine clump is featured on the Georgia Journal, Jan/Feb
1996. I tried to grow it on unsuitable environment and had bad luck.
The state county agent was NO HELP! But because of Julius's expertize I
transplanted my last bulbs to the environment it needs. Come spring, we
will have abundant fragrant blooms.