Subject: Re: Need: Gardening and landscaping software.

From: [email-masked] (Karen Hinrichs)
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 02:07:31 GMT

On 1 Jun 1996 15:59:16 GMT, [email-masked] (Patrick
Lewis) wrote:

>SS ([email-masked]) wrote:
>: Dmitri Chamchad wrote:
>: > This software must help with landscaping, gardening, creating 3D pictures,
>: > print 3D view of landscape and ideal plants, has a library of
>: > flowers/trees etc.
>
>: Dmitri,
>
>: My "Wonderful Husband"  Bob, found a package for me called "Expert 
>: Landscape Design, 3D" (CD ROM) bundled with home design package at Sams 
>: Club, although there are some bugs. I would not say it's the best, but
>: if it's the only one out there it will do the 3D easily, but the library
>: is not very extensive.
>
>: Vickie
>: Zone 4, Mid-Michigan
>: probably also at Wal-Mart if they have softwar 
>
>You're telling me the library is not very extensive, I just bought this
>package recently, and although quite elaborate, the plant list consists
>of 10 shrubs, 20 trees, 20 flowers, 20 plants, and that's about it. And
>believe it or not, NO ROSES! May be ok for garden layouts etc, but
>plant-wise, forget it.
>Cheers, Patrick
>

	Something that I've found frustrating is that I have a patio
under the deck and a daylight basement.  Just try drawing these things
in!  Otherwise, it's not a bad program.  There are a couple of things,
like growing while in 3-D mode, that would be nice to do, but for the
price....

	Karen
	[email-masked]
	and now, back to my regularly scheduled lurk!

---

From: David Saville <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Jun 1996 16:13:50 GMT

We are a UK developer of professional software for landscape and
horticulture
and have a wide range of packages available. Those relevant to domestic
use
include :
	Plant Selector - containing detailed selection criteria, descriptions
	etc., for over 1,400 woody plants (eg 40 berberis, 50 acers) grown
	in the UK Standard version £35 + VAT   Pro Version £150 + VAT.

	Garden Designer Professional. Now used by over 200 professional
	Garden Designers. A 2D package but including digitised paving,
	assorted planting options, soft edges, etc. Over half of our users
	have purchased other landscape design packages and found them
	useless for professional applications, although perhaps OK for
	personal use. £500 +VAT

	Various other packages including electronic nursery catalogues,
	estimating systems, etc.

Anyone interested please e-mail us with your postal address and we will
send
further details.

David Saville