Subject: Re: About Baobab, Monkeybreadtree (Adonis Digitata) ???

From: [email-masked] (ima pseudonym)
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 05:04:55

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (David Nelson) writes:

>I am looking for information on this unusual tree.  I have the
>opportunity to get some seeds, and have heard that this is a very
>large tree. I have the land for it, but do not know if it is a fast or
>slow grower, how much to water it, ect.  ANY information would be
>greatly appericated thanks much in advance

It is a large, fat-trunked tropical African tree that is tolerant of rather 
dry conditions [perhaps deciduous in dry season?]  BTW, it's "_Adansonia_", 
not "_Adonis_".  Do you live in a warm tropical climate zone?   

Other Adansonia species live in Madagascar and in Australia.

---

From: [email-masked] (David Nelson)
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 13:20:34 GMT

>Other Adansonia species live in Madagascar and in Australia.

Thanks for the spelling help,  that explains why I could not find
anything about it.  And, yes, I live in the lower desert in Southern
California.  David.

---

From: [email-masked] (BRateaver)
Date: 13 Oct 1996 19:28:00 -0400

In Madagascar Adansonia grows in the arid semi-desert, the xerophytic
forests of the southern tip of the island.

B. Rateaver