Subject: Plant Molecular biology course

From: [email-masked] (David G. Stevenson)
Date: 10 Jul 1995 22:44:33 GMT

Does anyone know of any molecular biology courses, particularly in USA but 
anywhere in the world would be of interest. Courses oriented towards MB 
techniques useful in plant science would be of best interest. I am posting 
hoping that someone knows of an university that for example does a summer 
course or maybe a private company. Please send replies to stevensond@crop.
cri.nz. Thanks.

---

From: [email-masked] ("Dr. R. A. Savidge")
Date: 11 Jul 1995 04:59:16 -0700

> course or maybe a private company. Please send replies to stevensond@crop.

A 10-day hands-on workshop in plant molecular biology has been held every
summer  for the last several at Wye College, University of London, UK,
coordinated by Charles Ainsworth et al.  To my knowledge, the workshop is
still being offered.    The workshop is really excellent for introducing
the novice to a broad range of fundamental procedures of molecular
biology.  I did the course in 1991 and have nothing but praise for the
experience; it was very well done then and undoubtedly has improved since.
**********************************************************************
   Rod Savidge, PhD                 |         E-mail: [email-masked]
   Faculty of Forestry and         \|/
      Environmental Management  \   |   /     Phone:  (506) 453-4919
   University of New Brunswick  _\/ | \/_
   Fredericton, NB CANADA          \|/        Fax:    (506) 453-3538
   E3B 6C2                          |