Subject: Re: Another Fly Trap Question

From: Ben Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 19:50:30 -0400

Phil,

I usually remove the trap (actually the leaf) after the entire rtap is 
black,  down to the "joint" between the trap and the petiole.  As to why 
the traps closed,  is it possible someone/thing triggered them without 
your knowledge?  I personally don't know why else they should have 
closed,  unless they really did catch something.

Ben
[email-masked]

---

From: Phil !! <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 May 1995 18:08:30 GMT

Hello again people,
                    Just another question. Erm.....My fly trap seems
to be doing OK (even though it still hasn't caught a fly yet   heh heh).
However, some of the traps are dying and turning black. Is it wise to
remove the dead traps from the plant ????
Oh....and while I'm here....A couple of the traps seem to have closed on 
their own without catching anything....is there a reason for this and
should it be happening ??

  Thanks again people

     Phil !

P.S   heh heh.....I just remebered another thing....I'm know nothing about
      fly traps as you probably know....so can someone tell me what the   
      funny little stalk thing is that is sprouting up from the centre
      of the plant......it looks different to the usual new traps that
      are growing up.

Right.....I think that is it........for now  :)