Subject: Scale insect

From: [email-masked] (Gary Reany)
Date: 11 Aug 1995 16:17:08 GMT

Help!!!  I've got a number of houseplants with scale insects.  I've been 
picking them off but I'm falling behind.  Can anyone suggest a 
nontoxic method or treatment to get rid of them.  I am aware that one 
way is to dab them with alcohol, but it's just as easy to pick them 
off.  Is it necessary to remove the soil and wash off the roots?  Can 
someone explain the lifecycle of this insect to me?  Please email or post!!  

--
Gary Reany                              #####     ?????    .!!!.    SSSSS
[email-masked]           <( - o )>  {(@ @)}  : b b :  [ a a ]
Eastport School Complex, Eastport NF    (. .)     [---]    : = :    \ ^ /
(709) 677-3121  (3289 home)               @        WWW      :.:       v

Skunk Philosophy....I STINK...THEREFORE I AM!

---

From: Gary Poyssick <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Aug 1995 14:31:03 GMT

Mix about thirty habenero peppers with an ounce of warm paraffin. Put in 
six ounces of Dawn dishwashing detergent. Mix up good and put in the 
dark for about two weeks. Don't get this stuff in your eyes -- not 
deadly, but you'll wish you died.

Mix this at a rate of about four tablespoons to a gallon of water. Wet 
the plant thouroughly about once every six days for a month. This should 
get rid of anything -- including most scale.