Subject: Re: Questions & Answers/Herbs

From: [email-masked] (Henriette Kress)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 00:45:27 GMT

On 15 Jun 1996 22:26:27 GMT, in bionet.plants [email-masked](Warren West)
wrote:

>For release to all related news groups:
>f.a.q./herbs/questions & answers/herbs.
>q.& a. dialog only not an advertisment.
>if you have questions regarding what herbs
>to use for specific problems, email your
>questions to: (snipped)
>please print this message for future use.
>please do not attach your email to this
>news group. all questions will receive
>a prompt presonal reply.    

To post that, without even one single frequently asked question (and answer),
and then call it a faq, is preposterous.

The REAL medicinal and culinary herbfaqs are available in my net-space (see my
sig) and have been available there for ages. 

I also post them once a month to alt.folklore.herbs, alt.answers, and
news.answers (the culinary herbfaq makes rec.gardens and rec.answers, too) -
these are the proper newsgroups for herbfaqs.

I don't sell ANYTHING (apparently the folks in above post do), and the
information in the herbfaqs is reliable (collective Net.Wisdom - thanks folks!).

Henriette (who's worked a LOT on the herbfaqs)

--
Henriette Kress             [email-masked]            Helsinki, Finland
http://sunsite.unc.edu/herbmed FTP: sunsite.unc.edu or sunsite.sut.ac.jp
      /pub/academic/medicine/alternative-healthcare/herbal-medicine/
Medicinal and Culinary herbFAQs, plant pictures, neat stuff, archives...

---

From: [email-masked](Warren West)
Date: 15 Jun 1996 22:26:27 GMT

questions to: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (J.A.K.)
Date: 14 Jun 1996 02:59:53 GMT

I am desperately looking for a used and/or cheap copy of Ralph Roys book,
"The Ethno-Botany of the Maya."  Any edition is okay, but I would prefer the
edition published in 1976.  Does anyone know where I could get such a book?  
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks so much - Jennifer King