Subject: On-line Discussion w/ 1995 World Food Prize Laureate

From: Kelley Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Oct 1995 15:45:32 GMT

You are invited to join in an interactive conversation with the 1995
World Food Prize Laureate, the winner of the foremost international
award that recognizes the achievements of individuals who have 
advanced human development by improving the quality, quantity or 
availability of food.

The chat session will immediatelely follow the announcement of the
1995 World Food Prize Laureate. This opportunity will allow you
to be one of the the first to talk with the 1995 Laureate, a noted
Swiss eco-scientist who has spent the last 18 years in Africa 
working to solve its agricultural, environmental and economic 
problems, particularly in rural areas.

This year's recipient of the prize will be recognized for his
outstanding achievements as a scientist who has effectively utilized
the power of nature to further develop sustainable agriculture and
improve the security of the world's food supply, primarily in 
sub-Saharan Africa.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: If you have World Wide Web access, use your
Web browser (such as Netscape or Mosiac) to reach the World 
Food Prize Web site.  The World Food Prize site will offer a 
direct hyperlink into a reserved chat room. You can find the World
Food Prize site at http://www.netins.net/showcase/wfp

The chat session will take place on Monday, Oct. 16 at 11:00 am
(Eastern Daylight Time). It is scheduled for about one hour.

If you have any questions, technical or otherwise, please feel
free to e-mail me, Kelley Jenkins ([email-masked]) or call
me at (202) 383-9712.  Also, I would very much appreciate hearing
>from  you if you are planning to particiapte.