Subject: FWD>International Botanical
From: [email-masked] (Tony Travis)
Date: 28 Apr 1994 12:48:51 +0100
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

[ Article crossposted from sci.techniques.microscopy ]
[ Author was John Mansfield ]
[ Posted on 26 Apr 1994 18:42:05 U ]

Mail*Link(r) SMTP               FWD>International Botanical Microscop
Forwarded from the Microscopy Mailing List

--------------------------------------
Date: 4/26/94 18:38
From: [email-masked]
5th International Botanical Microscopy Meeting

PLANT CELL BIOLOGY

Royal Microscopical Society
         &
Oxford Brookes University

26 - 31 March 1995

Location
Oxford Brookes University - Oxford's new University, situated 1
mile from the centre of historic Oxford.
Full board accommodation will be available at Morrell Hall, 5
minutes walk from the campus.

Cost
Registration and full board accommodation will cost no more than
u440.0 pounds sterling.  Receptions, the Conference Dinner and a copy of the
special edition of the Journal of Microscopy are included in the
cost.  There are a very limited number of double rooms available.

Delegates
To preserve the informal nature of the Botanical Microscopy
Meeting, the number of delegates will be restricted to 150. 
Places at the conference will be allocated on a first come, first
served basis with a preference given to those offering to present
a poster.  (Please note that places will only be guaranteed after
payment has been received.)

Booking forms and abstract instructions will be available from
June 1994.

Organizing Committee
Nick Harris - Durham
Chris Hawes - Oxford
Nick Read - Edinburgh
Peter Shaw - John Innes Institute

Format of Meeting
Following the success of Botanical Microscopy 1991 in Durham, the
same team are organizing the meeting to be held in Oxford.  The
scientific programme will be based around presentations from
keynote speakers.

A call for abstracts will be made late 1994 and the organizing
committee will select suitable papers from these and invite the
authors to present them orally.  However, posters on any aspect
of plant cell biology involving microscopy may be presented.

Social
A reception is planned for the opening evening of the meeting and
an informal Conference Dinner will be held on the Thursday
evening.  A number of short tours around Oxford and its environs
will be offered on the Wednesday afternoon of the Conference.

Publications
Keynote and selected papers will be published as a special
edition of the Journal of Microscopy which will be distributed
to all delegates upon publication.  All manuscripts will be
subject to peer review.

Travel
Air: Oxford Brookes University is a 60 minute bus ride from
Heathrow airport and 130 minute ride from Gatwick airport.

Road: Coaches run from Victoria Bus Station in London every 20-30
minutes.  Journey time is approximately 60 minutes.

Rail: There is a good train service from Paddington Station,
London to Oxford.

Queries
If you would like any further information, please contact Miss Karen
Hale at the Royal Microscopical Society, 37/38 St Clements,
Oxford, OX4 1AJ.  Tel: +44-865-248768. Fax: +44-865-791237.
Email: [email-masked].

Programme to Include:
#254#Microtubule and cytoskeletal dynamics

#254#Microscopy of living cells - ion imaging, cell-cell signalling

#254#Plant cell organization - cell walls, meiosis, low temperature
techniques

#254#Molecular mechanisms of plant development - cell cycle, floral
development

#254#Plant microbe-interactions

Keynote Speakers
B Gunning - Canberra
H Shibaoka - Osaka
J Hush - Sydney
S Giroy - Penn State
K Oparka - Invergowrie
K Roberts - Norwich
M Parthasarathy - Cornell
Z Cande - Berkeley
J Doonan - Norwich
R Howard - Wilmington#012#

Please complete this coupon indicating your requirements, and
return to the Royal Microscopical Society, 37/38 St Clements,
Oxford, OX4 1AJ, UK.

I would be interested in attending the 5th International

Botanical Microscopy Meeting....................................

I would be interested in submitting an abstract (deadline 30

November 1994) .................................................

Please complete using block capitals

Name:
Prof/Dr/Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms).......................................

..............................................................

Address:......................................................

...............................................................

...............................................................

...............................................................

...............................................................

Postcode:.....................................................

------------------ RFC822 Header Follows ------------------
From: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 1994 11:59:40 +0100
To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
        [email-masked], [email-masked],
        [email-masked]
Subject: International Botanical Microscopy Meeting

-- 
Dr. A.J.Travis,                       |  JANET: <[email-masked]>
Rowett Research Institute,            |  other: <[email-masked]>
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,            |  phone: +44 (0)224 712751
Aberdeen, AB2 9SB. UK.                |    fax: +44 (0)224 715349