Subject: Job for an electrophysiologist.
From: [email-masked] (M.A. Tester)
Date: 16 May 1994 14:29:16 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

Postdoctoral Research Position: Membrane Physiologist
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK

A three year postdoctoral position is now available to study the
control of exocytosis in plant cells, using electrophysiological
techniques employed for the first time in plants by Zorec & Tester
(1992: Biophys. J. 63, 864-7). Cells from the aleurone tissue of
barley seeds will be used. Secretion from these cells is well
characterised biochemically, but little is known of the exocytotic
process. Due to its pioneering nature, this project has great potential,
allowing considerable flexibility of approach. The successful
applicant will be joining a dynamic young group, in which several
electrophysiological techniques are being applied to investigate the
mechanism and control of a range of plant transport processes.
Healthy collaboration exists within the Dept of Plant Sciences,
particularly with the laboratory of Prof. E.A.C. MacRobbie. The
project is funded by an AFRC-Link grant with Dr W.T. Mason
(AFRC Babraham), and work in his well equipped laboratory will
also occur.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. Experience in electrophysiology
(particularly patch clamp techniques) or in plant transport is highly
desirable. Animal electrophysiologists are encouraged to apply.

Salary will be on the age-dependent research associate scale, of
12,828-18,855 pounds. Applications including a curriculum vitae

and names of two referees should be sent to: Dr Mark Tester,
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Downing

St, Cambridge CB2 3EA, U.K. (tel. + 44 223 333918, fax + 44 223

333953, e-mail [email-masked]), from whom further

particulars can also be obtained.