Subject: WATER SPREADING OLD REFEREnc
From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 May 94 23:54 AES
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

WATER SPREADING: COPIES OF OLD REFERENCES
 
Our librarians have been unable to locate copies, here in
Australia, of the following references which were published in
the USA about 40 years ago.  While copies may be available
from USDA archives in Washington, it is not very easy for us
to get them, and may take a while.
 
Would be very pleased to obtain photocopies, but if someone
has a copy they do not need, I would greatly appreciate
a copy.  I know they are lengthy, but they seem to be
definitive articles reviewing the state of the art at that
time.
 
These are:
 
Hubbell, DS & Gardner, JL (1950)  Effects of diverting
sediment laden runoff from arroyos to range and crop lands. 
USDA Technical Report 1012.  83pp.
 
Stokes, CM; Larsen, FD & Pearse, CK (1954)  Range Improvement
through Waterspreading.  US Government Printing Office,
Washington, DC [I think probably from USDA, but my source does
not indicate].
 
There is also the following which is from 1984, and which
cannot be found easily here in Australia.
 
Tromble, JM (1984)  Concentration of water on rangeland for
forage production.  pp143-147 in "The Proceedings of the 2nd
Intermountain Meadow Symposium"  eds EG Sieme & RH Delaney,
CSU, Fort Collins, CO.
 
If able to help, please advise by e-mail:  [email-masked]
and send copies to P G Harrison, Arid Zone Research Institute,
PO Box 8760, Alice Springs NT, Australia.
 
Many thanks.....Peter Harrison