Subject: EPA POSTDOC: PLANT POPULATION GENETICS
From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 May 94 21:06:09 EST
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION:  PLANT MOLECULAR POPULATION
GENETICIST Oak Ridge Institute of Science and Education Research
Fellowship tenable at the Department of Biological Sciences, University of
Cincinnati, and sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Environmental Monitoring Systems Laboratory - Cincinnati.  The position
is available immediately and is funded for two years, although application
for extension will be expected.  The research involves all or part of the
following:
*      Investigations, utilizing DNA variation, of effects of anthropogenic
       disturbance on population genetics of selected plant species.
*      Learning, and developing further, methods to investigate genetic
       diversity of selected plant species.  This may involve the use of
       microsatellite, minisatellite, RFLPS, or RAPD analyses.
*      Working with statistical analyses to optimize methods for data
       analysis.
*      Collecting and analyzing DNA variation of field samples from
       impacted and control field sites.

QUALIFICATIONS:  Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree by the time
of appointment.  Individuals with extensive experience in molecular
population genetics including field botany skills, plant DNA extraction,
RFLP Southern hybridization techniques, PCR methodology, and data
analysis will be preferred.

APPLICATION:  Send curriculum vitae, brief statement of research
experience and goals, and list of three references (with phone numbers)
to S. Rogstad, Biological Sciences ML6, University of Cincinnati,
Cincinnati, OH 45229-0006.