Subject: Aural photography
From: [email-masked] (Rohan Hawthorne 61-89-895442)
Date: 19 May 1994 22:32:49 GMT
Newsgroups: talk.religion.newage,sci.engr.lighting,alt.meditation,sci.skeptic,sci.med.psychobiology,bionet.plants,bionet.general,alt.binaries.pictures.d,alt.devilbunnies

Greetings!

I am looking for any information on Aural photography.  I know they have
an official name (apparently named after the guy/girl who first took them),
but the name eludes me.  Aural photographs, for those that know even less
than I do, are photographs that show up your apparent aura. (That was hard
to guess wasn't it).

I am looking specifically for (but anything will do) information concerning:

  *  The official name for this photographic technique
  *  How to to take these photos
  *  What the parapsychologists say causes the 'aura'
  *  What the biological scientists say...
  *  What the newage people say...
  *  Where can I get a few examples from (gif's, etc.)
  *  Where I can get any on-line documentation
  *  Was there any investigation into the matter, what happened to
	 the investigation.. etc.

Thanks for your time, brain-energy, neuron-breakdown, etc.

Rohan

For the selfish that say: "keep this crap out of our newsgroup", here is a 
list of reasons why I chose my crossposting list (Hopefully, it will also
save that precious bandwidth from getting "don't waste the bandwidth with 
this crap" messages).

rec.photo                - For the photographical view
talk.religion.newage     - For the aura side
alt.mediation            - As above
sci.engr.lighting        - Closest to electromagnetic radiation in the
					       engineering field that I could find
sci.skeptic              - For some reason these people always seem to know
					       about this sort of stuff.
sci.med.psychobiology    - To get a medical opinion.
bionet.general           - To get a biological view.
bionet.plants            - Apparently the plants show these 'auras' also.
alt.binaries.pictures.d  - For the GIF's
alt.devilbunnies         - OK, you got me, this ones a total waste of bandwidth
--
When a shepherd goes to kill a wolf, and takes his dog along to see the
sport, he should take care to avoid mistakes.  The dog has certain
relationships to the wolf the shepherd may have forgotten.
		-- Robert Pirsig, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"