Subject: Re: Aural photography
From: [email-masked] (Carl J Lydick)
Date: 19 May 1994 10:44:54 GMT
Newsgroups: talk.religion.newage,sci.engr.lighting,alt.meditation,sci.skeptic,sci.med.psychobiology,bionet.plants,bionet.general,alt.binaries.pictures.d,alt.devilbunnies

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Rohan Hawthorne 61-89-895442) writes:
=Greetings!
=
=I am looking for any information on Aural photography.  I know they have
=an official name (apparently named after the guy/girl who first took them),
=but the name eludes me.  Aural photographs, for those that know even less
=than I do, are photographs that show up your apparent aura. (That was hard
=to guess wasn't it).

=I am looking specifically for (but anything will do) information concerning:
=
=  *  The official name for this photographic technique

Kirlian photography.

=  *  How to to take these photos

Attach a high-voltage electrode to the sample, turn off the lights, make a
fairly long exposure.

=  *  What the parapsychologists say causes the 'aura'

The bullshit varies from person to person.

=  *  What the biological scientists say...

Corona discharge.

=  *  What the newage people say...

See response to question about parapsychologists.

=  *  Where can I get a few examples from (gif's, etc.)
=  *  Where I can get any on-line documentation
=  *  Was there any investigation into the matter, what happened to
=	 the investigation.. etc.

Corona discharge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carl J Lydick | INTERnet: [email-masked] | NSI/HEPnet: SOL1::CARL

Disclaimer:  Hey, I understand VAXen and VMS.  That's what I get paid for.  My
understanding of astronomy is purely at the amateur level (or below).  So
unless what I'm saying is directly related to VAX/VMS, don't hold me or my
organization responsible for it.  If it IS related to VAX/VMS, you can try to
hold me responsible for it, but my organization had nothing to do with it.