Subject: Redwood Propagation
From: [email-masked] (Michael PAUL Gery)
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 19:42:42 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

Does anyone out there know a good way to germinate coastal
redwood seed?  We have one at home (Martinez, Bay Area) and I collected
some seeds from its base.  I am no pro, but the seeds looked relatively
new, "fresh" and healthy.  Not knowing, I have put some in a regular
tray in my window sill.  They are in potting soil and the tray is
covered with saran wrap to keep in humidity.  I don't know if this is
correct and I don't expect much...  Is there a better way of doing this?
I would appreciate any help...  Please mail me directly and if there is
a demand, I will post a compilation of all of the help and the
contributors...  Thanks in advance...

--
/***************************************************************************/
*          Michael PAUL Gery          *              INTERNET:              *
*     Cal Poly, Sierra Madre 12N      *      [email-masked]     *
*      San Luis Obispo, CA 93405      *                                     *
*           (805) 756-4534            *           World Cup 1994 !          *
*===========================================================================* 
*     " You can have money stacked to the ceiling, but the size of your     *
*       funeral still depends on the weather."                              *
*                                             - Yogi Berra                  *
/***************************************************************************/