Subject: Associate Scientist - Corn Pathology
From: [email-masked] ("David Kendra")
Date: 24 May 1994 13:33:20 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST
CORN PATHOLOGY

Northrup King Co., a leading international field corn seed company and a 
principal member of the world's second largest seed company, Sandoz Seeds,  
has an immediate opening in the Corn Pathology department at our research 
facility located in Stanton, Minnesota.

The successful candidate will coordinate production and distribution of 
disease inoculum for North American corn breeding and biotechnology projects.  
This individual will also be an integral member of a pathology team providing 
technical support for North American research, production, sales, marketing, 
seed stock, seed technology and quality assurance personnel.  Additional 
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, traveling to North American 
corn breeding stations to collect field trial data; record keeping and 
analysis through computer databases.

Requirements include a Master's degree in Plant Pathology or related field 
with a strong background in applied mycology.  Prior experience with corn 
pathology is highly preferred but not essential.  Familiarity with DOS/Windows 
personal computers and database/spreadsheet software is essential.  
Experience with ELISA, Western blot and PCR methodologies is desirable but 
not essential.  Candidates should also possess strong verbal, written and 
interpersonal communication skills.  

Candidates should submit a resume, including names, addresses and phone 
numbers of three professional references, to:  Dr. David Kendra, Northrup 
King Co., 317 330th Street, Stanton, MN  55018-4308 or by fax [507-645-7519] 
or Internet at [email-masked].  

The application deadline is June 17, 1994.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
David Kendra                      507-663-7636 (phone)
Northrup King Co.                 507-645-7519 (FAX)
317 330th Street                  [email-masked] (Email)
Stanton, MN  55018-4308
USA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------