Subject: Going to S. Am
From: [email-masked] (Faust)
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 09:27:24 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

I am going to south america this summer, probably late summer, I have
several purposes, the primary one is to go the the rain forests, perhaps
taking specimens and or cataloging DNA there, I will also be delivering
any medical supplies that are required to areas within my route.  For
security reasons I am taking several measures, I am taking anyone who is
willing to go and knows the area or at least has a good working knoledge
of spanish, I have contact with an npo which deals with delivering surplus
medical supplies, for which I am going to be a low profile carrier, they
should have information on travel/political/safty technique.  I have a
professional (phone co) contact as far down as Costa Rica.  Also anyone
who knows portugese would be usefull when we get to Brazil.  I may be able
(not for sure) to get a guide from the Costa Rica area to accompany us
further.  I would want to screen any people interested to insure that our
safty would not be compromised by someone who might try to bring weapons,
or to smuggle anything back.  There is a possibility that we might go by
speedboat, but the probable mode of transportation would be overland. I am
still in the process of researching different approaches, and the
feasability of all of these things.  If anyone has any usefull information
it would be appreciated as well.  Please e-mail me to respond, and after
June 17, I can be reached at (805) 682-8786, if you want to contact me
before then by phone, the
number here is (916) 754-1767.