Subject: (none)
From: [email-masked] ("Constantin A. Rebeiz")
Date: 28 May 1994 15:05:47 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

Subject: Postdoctoral Position in Cell Biology.

  A postdoctoral position has become available starting in the summer of
1994 to work on the development of a Reconstituted Cell System (RCS).
A reconstituted cell is a cell-free system made up of various organelles
prepared from various sources. The marker of the successful assembly of
a fuctional reconstituted cell is the ability to support total chloroplast
assembly in vitro. Beside monitoring the successful assembly of a
functional chloroplast in vitro, the research will involve trapping and
decoding various messages produced by various constituents of the
reconstituted cell as they coordinate their efforts in bringing about
total chloroplast differentiation in vitro. Applicants should have had some
expertise in one or more of the following disciplines:
(a) porphyrin biochemistry, (b) thylakoid protein isolation, purification
and characterization, (c) subcellular organelle isolation, purification
and characterization, (d) plant molecular biological techniques and
(e) biofiber techniques. Interested individuals should send curriculum
vitae and three letters of recommendation to :

                           C. A. Rebeiz
              Laboratory of Plant Pigment Biochemistry
                  and Photobiology, 240 A, PABL
                     1201 West Gregory Avenue,
                 University of Illinois, Urbana
                         Illinois, 61801.

Additional information via E-mail or telephone (217-333-1968) is welcome.
Constantin A. Rebeiz
Laboratory of Plant Pigment Biochemistry and Photobiology
240 A PABL, 1201 West Gregory
University of Illinois
Urbana IL. 61801