Subject: Re: ANTS!!
From: [email-masked] (bob)
Date: 31 May 1994 14:10:10 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Carol Suelzle) writes:
>	Does anyone out there have any good (and hopefully organic) 
>methods for getting rid of ants, or at least keeping them at bay?  My 
>enitre yard is overrun with them.  There are all kinds, red ones, black, 
>big and little.  One good thing is that there are no carpenter ants.... yet.
>	I have lived in this house for three years now, located in 
>Portland, OR if that is of any help.  Besides the ants, I am not really 
>bothered by any pests except aphids. But, since they go hand in hand, I 
>figure to attack one is to attack the other, so I attack both.  ;>
>	Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Even my gardening books 
>haven't been much help.
>
>Steve  [[email-masked]]
>

	A good environmentally safe method of controlling ants is to mix 2 cups
of household ammonia in a gallon of water and pour over their nests and along
their trails.  You don't have to drown them the ammonia does the trick.

Hope this helps

		Bob in Chico