Subject: Re: Leonotis leonurus: ** ANYONE?? **
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 1994 09:37:14
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

In article <[email-masked]>, breeders@skull (Jose Miguel M.Sieuve Afonso) writes:
>L
>Leonotis leonurus: **  ANYONE??  **
>Hi!
>I'm currently studying a Labiacae, Leonotis leonurus a South-African endemic.
>I'm looking for more poeple on this area who might want to swap ideas, etc.
>Anything on this pplant would be usefull!
>Thank You!
>
>Jose Sieuve Afonso
>
>Q

Jose, I'll have to check, but I believe this is what is growing in my green
house here in Montana.  My dad (from Michigan) gave me the seeds.  It is a
tall, leafy plant with leaves that have sort of scalloped margins.  The
flowers are clustered (like many mints) at the top.  They are a beautiful
orange and fuzzy flower.  I'm currently interested in Agastache, another
mint for it's sedative and cardiac tonic properties (similar to motherwort,
Leonurus cardiaca).  

Robyn Klein
Herbalist