Subject: looking for position in plant molecular biology / genetics
From: [email-masked]
Date: 1 Jun 1994 22:12:24 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

CURRICULUM VITAE
Natalia G. Kroutchinina

3500 Sutherland Avenue M 204,                            (615) 588-2869 (H)
Knoxville, TN 37919, USA                                    (615) 974-2039(W)
Email [email-masked]

Objective: challenging research position in biotechnology or applied genetics.

General Area of Research Interest: molecular biology, molecular genetics.

Skills: Acquired in various methods:
	1. Nucleic acid molecular biology, hybridization techniques using Southern and
Northern blots, PCR, recombinant DNA techniques involving cloning strategies,
genomic mapping and screening, DNA sequencing, silver sequence; DNA
Fingerprinting using PCR-based assays. Silver stained polyacrylamide DNA gels
(DAF); Ethidium bromide stained agarose DNA gels (RAPD).
	2. Protein biochemistry (one-dimensional and two-dimensional electrophoresis,
isoelectrofocusing, ).

Research Experience:
July 1992-present
	Post doctoral Research Associate, Plant Molecular Genetics,
	University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
1986-July 1992 
	Senior Scientific Researcher, Biotechnology Laboratory, Institute of
Agricultural Microbiology, St. Petersburg, Russia.
1974-1986
	Scientific Researcher, Cell Physiology Laboratory, 
	St.-Petersburg State University, Russia.

Current Research Project: Molecular genetic analysis of nodulation genes in
soybean. "Isolation and characterization of an early nodulin clone (ENOD40) from
Glycine max genomic library using PCR." Plant Molecular Genetics,
University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

Previous Project: "Identification of proteins related to the symbiotic nitrogen
fixation in the pea (Pisum sativum)." Biotechnology Laboratory, Institute of
Agricultural Microbiology, St. Petersburg, Russia.

Education:
1969-1974: M.S. Degree, Department of Biochemistry, St.Petersburg State
University, Russia.
1981: Ph. D. Department of Biochemistry, St.Petersburg State University,
Russia.

Personal: Birth: Feb. 7, 1952, St.Petersburg, Russia; Married: Valery K.
Kroutchinin, neurophysiologist, Adjunct Assistant professor, Department of
Psychology, University of Tennessee; son Gleb, 12 years old, Bearden meddle
school student, six grade.

References:
Peter M. Gresshoff, Ph.D., D.Sc. Professor and Chair, Racheff Chair of Plant
Molecular Genetics, Plant Molecular Genetics (OHLD) 269 Ellington Plant Science
Buillding, P.O.Box 1071, Knoxville, TN 37901-1071 USA. Phone: (615) 974-8841,
Fax: (615) 974-2765.

Dr. Gustavo Caetano-Anolls, Assistant Research Professor, Ph.D., Plant
Molecular Genetics (OHLD) 269 Ellington Plant Science Buillding, 
P.O.Box 1071, Knoxville, TN 37901-1071 USA. 
Phone: (615) 974-0220, Fax: (615) 974-2765.

Dr. Andrew Zalenski, Dep. of Biol. Chem. School of Medicine, Univ. of California
at Davis, Davis, CA 95616. Phone: (916) 752-3314 Fax (916)752-3516.

Publications: 35 since 1979

Recent and most pertinent publications:

Kruchinina, N. and Gresshoff, P. 1994. "Detergent affects silver sequencing."
BioTechniques. In press. September, 1994.

Kruchinina, N. and Gresshoff, P. 1994. "Improved method of silver stain DNA
sequence using the Promega's silver sequence TM DNA sequencing kit" Fifth
Gatlinburg Symposium . Technology Transfer of Plant Biotechnology.
Knoxville, Tennessee.

Kruchinina, N. and Gresshoff, P. 1993. "Isolation of an ENOD40 clone from a
genomic library of Glycine max using PCR." Fourth Gatlinburg Symposium. Plant
Genome Analysis. Knoxville, Tennesssee.

Gresshoff, P.M.; Almeida, E.; Bassa., B.; Blauenfeldt, J.; Bond, J.;
Caetano-Anolles, G.; Chian, R.; Deckert, J.; Funke, R.; Ghassemi, F.; Jiang, Q.;
Joshi, P.; Kolchinsky, A.; Kruchinina, N.; Landau-Ellis, D.; McDonnell, R.;
Prabhu, R.; Tamot, B.; Taranenko, N. and Zhang, Z. (1993)."Genome Analysis
of Soybean (Glycine max  L. Merr.)".DNA Link(In press)

Deckert, J.; Taranenko, N.; Kruchinina, N. and Gresshoff, P. 1992. "Soybean
genes involved in cell division and early nodulation". 9th International
Congress on Nitrogen Fixation, Cancun, Mexico, p. 218.

Fedorova, M.; Kruchinina, N.; Filatov, A. and Tikhonovich, I. 1992 "Aspartate
Aminotransferase from symbiotic nodule of pea". Eastern Europe Symposium on
Biological Nitrogen Fixation, Saratov, Russia.

Fedorova, M.; Kruchinina, N.; Filatov, A. and Tikhonovich, I. 1992. "Aspartate
Aminotransferase from symbiotic nodules of pea". 9th International Congress on
Nitrogen Fixation, Cancun, Mexico , p. 531.

Tichonovich, I.; Filatov, A.; Borisov, A.; Kruchinina, N. and Lebsky, V. 1991.
"The pea symbiotic mutants as a model for studying the interaction between
micro- and macro-symbionts in the process of nitrogen fixation".
International symbiosis congress, Israel.

Kruchinina, N.; Volichenko, J. and Tichonovich, I. 1990. "Isoelectric patterns
of cytoplasmic nodule proteins in different pea varieties and lines
selected for efficiency of symbiotic nitrogen fixation." 5th Symposium on Biotechnology,
Hungary.

Tikhonovich, I.; Fedorova, M.; Kulikova, O.; Kruchinina, N.; Borisov, A.;
Volichenko, J. and Filatov, A. 1990. "Nodulins in the course of effective and
ineffective pea-Rhisobium symbiosis." The 8th International Congress on Nitrogen
Fixation, Knoxville, Tennessee. 

Filatov, A.; Fedorova M.; Kruchinina, N.; Kulikova, M. and Tikhonovich, I. 1990.
"The spectra of pea late nodulins." 5th International Symposium on the Molecular
Genetics of plant-Microbe Interactions. Interlaken, Switzerland.

April 14, 1994                                             Natalia Kroutchinina