Subject: Re: *** Light Meter (Photo) & Plants ***
From: [email-masked] (bob)
Date: 20 Jun 1994 18:41:05 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Bernard McPhail) writes:
>Please post any interesting information on using photometers
>to evaluate light intensity/colour for plants here.  I think 
>the topic warrants it.  Many thanks, 
>-- 
>bernard ------- BNR Ltd. --- No E-mail address    

	I have the following table of conversions but no references
(unfortunately) for it.  We use it in some of our field biology classes.

FOOT CANDLE EQUIVALENTS FOR A GOSSEN SUPER PIOLOT LIGHT METER (I would assume
that any other photographic light meter will substitute)

		SET ASA VALUE TO    50
                
                  APROX.				  APROX.
  EV		FOOT CANDLES		  EV		FOOT CANDLES

-3		0.65			7		65

-2		0.13			8		130

-1		0.26			9		260

0		0.5			10		500

1		1.0			11		1000

2		2.0			12		2000

3		4.0			13		4000

4		8.0			14		8000

5		16			15		16000

6		32			16		32000

	Hope this helps.

					Bob at CSU, Chico