Subject: Re: Lemon Thyme, yikers!!!!
From: [email-masked] (c. richter)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 23:04:37 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

In article <[email-masked]>,
 <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Hello again!   I am posting another message with regards to my last
>message in this newsgroup.   I am the inquisitive Mosquito Plant
>girl.....   I was informed by John, another bionet.plant person,
>that this little plant is indeed a mosquito repellent but is
>not as effective (many thanks John!!!) as the herb, LEMON THYME.
>   I was wondering if anyone has any kind of info on Lemon Thyme.
>   Is it hearty?   How tall does it grow?   What does it look like?
>   Does it need certain conditions in which to fluorish?   Will it
>live in the climate where I live (Canada)?   Is it a common herb?
>    And most importantly where can I get one?   I live in the
>Toronto area so I guess I'd have to get it here (I don't want
>the plant that bad to hitchhike down to Nicaragua or anything).
>   Any help would be greatly appreciated!   Wi

Lemon thyme is very hardy in the Toronto area.  The research to 
which you refer is or was being done at U of Guelph.  Sorry, I 
do not have a contact name there.  

Lemon thyme plants are available from Richters at [email-masked]

C.R.