Subject: Unknown Mushroom Used in Manchurian Tea
From: [email-masked] (James Robert McElroy)
Date: 5 Jul 1994 23:40:11 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

I am looking for information on a yeast tea known as Manchurian tea, Kombuch  
Elixer, or Kargasok tea.  I have been growing the mushrooms that produce
the tea (and drinking the tea without ill effects).  It is reputed to have
life-extension and anti-cancer properties.  Oddly, even though I have a 
paper on the mushrooms, and the mushrooms themselves, the paper does not
list the genus of the mushroom.

The mushroom (and the tea) is reported to be widely used in Russia, China,
Korea, and Japan, and yet I can find no information on it in the libraries
I have looked in.  Any information on this mushroom would be appreciated.

Please e-mail me, if possible -- I am new to this newsgroup and haven't
found my way around the posts yet.  Thank you!

 
-- 
Jim McElroy
Calif. State Univ., Chico
[email-masked]

-- 
Jim McElroy
Calif. State Univ., Chico
[email-masked]