Subject: Request: Info on Ethnobotany and Ethnopharmacology
From: [email-masked] (Y. S. Prakash)
Date: 17 Jul 1994 15:03:27 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

I am posting this for a friend who is extremely interested in pursuing graduate 
studies in non-conventional and traditional medicine, with particular emphasis on 
South American tribal medicine.  She is looking into a PhD or an MD-PhD program.  
She is interested in knowing:

	1.  What the potentials are for this kind of research in the next 25 years.
	2.  What the best medical/graduate schools in the US/Canada are, and who 
	    the primary investigators are.
	3.  Where she can find out more about what the work would involve and how 
	    gratifying it will be in terms of practical medicinal use.

Any input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

---
______________________________________________________________________

                            Y.S. Prakash, Ph.D.

4-176 Anesthesia Research, SMH                  211 15th St. SE, #205
Mayo Clinic					Rochester, MN 55906
Rochester, MN 55905
(507)255-7560/7328                              (507)280-8199
                   ----------------------------------
Minnesota is a Land of Many Cultures-  Mostly Throat!

You Can Grow Three Things in Minnesota- Colder, Older and Fatter!

Disclaimer:  These opinions are MINE, MINE, MINE!  I was a spoiled kid!
_______________________________________________________________________