Subject: Request: Info on Ethnopharmacology/Ethnobotany
From: [email-masked] (Y. S. Prakash)
Date: 18 Jul 1994 14:03:46 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.med.pharmacy,bionet.general,bionet.plants

I am looking for some information about ETHNOPHARMACOLOGY and ETHNOBOTANY.

One of my friends is extremely interested in pursuing graduate
research in traditional and natural medicine (American (North and
South) and Asian).  She is looking into applying to either a PhD or an
MD-PhD program with a strong emphasis on non-conventional medicine and
research.  She would like to know:

	1.  What is the research potential in this field for the next 20 years?
	2.  Are there specific programs in some schools dealing with these fields?
	3.  What is the best way of getting in touch with researchers/medical schools 
	    which are involved in these fields?
	4.  How gratifying are these fields in terms of research and medical use?
	5.  Is there potential for travel and on-site exploration among the native 
	    peoples of the different continents?  

Any input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

---
______________________________________________________________________

                            Y.S. Prakash, Ph.D.

4-176 Anesthesia Research, SMH                  211 15th St. SE, #205
Mayo Clinic					Rochester, MN 55906
Rochester, MN 55905
(507)255-7560/7328                              (507)280-8199
                   ----------------------------------
Minnesota is a Land of Many Cultures-  Mostly Throat!

You Can Grow Three Things in Minnesota- Colder, Older and Fatter!

Disclaimer:  These opinions are MINE, MINE, MINE!  I was a spoiled kid!
_______________________________________________________________________