Subject: Re: looking for images of plants
From: [email-masked] (Rob Harper)
Date: 21 Jul 1994 14:25:59 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

In <[email-masked]> Aman Bawa <[email-masked]> writes:

>Hello.  I'm looking for images of plants on the net.  Especially looking for
>images of slides and stuff like that, if you know any good sites, could
>you please send me a note?  Thanks for your time.  Later... Aman.

---------------------- clip from BioSci.src ------------------------
The Harvard Herbaria has an extensive set of plant images
on-line.  Gopher over to huh.harvard.edu and enjoy!
(look in the top 10 items list).
____________________________________________________________________

In actual fact the images gopher has now moved to muse.bio.cornell.edu
but you can still get at it by choosing the menu item for
Biodiversity and Biological Collections Gopher 

The image archive has the following menus,

     About this Biology Image Archive 

     Search Biology Image Archive 
     Full Image Catalog (ASCII) 
     Image files 
     Frequently Asked Questions about the JPEG image format 
     JPEG Image File Viewers 

For online viewing you could use mosaic and go to the URL

gopher://muse.bio.cornell.edu/11/images/files

Nice images well worth the trip.

RGDS -=ROB=-
--
 R. Andrew Harper                  E-mail:          [email-masked]    
 Center for Scientific Computing   Molbio/software: [email-masked]
 Tietotie 6, P.O. Box 405          Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
 SF-02101 Espoo Finland            Fax:             +358 0 457 2302