Subject: Post-doc Position-Plant Ecophysiology
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Comstock)
Date: 21 Jul 1994 18:17:47 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.bio.ecology,bionet.jobs,bionet.plants

!!!!!!!!!   Search Reopened....Search Reopened....Search Reopened     
!!!!!!!!!!!

********  Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research  *********
^^^*********************  offers a  **********************^^^
*************  Post-Doctoral Research Associate  ************* 
^^^***********************  in  *************************^^^
****  Hydraulic Architecture and Photosynthetic Gas-exchange  ****

Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research has reopened a search for a
Post-Doctoral Associate to participate in studies of hydraulic limitations
to maximum photosynthetic gas-exchange in plants.  Important areas of
inquiry include the determinants of maximum transpiration rate, the
dynamics of stomatal response to humidity, temperature interactions,
ecotypic adaptation to climate, cavitation thresholds, and drought
resistance.  The successful candidate will have experience in gas-exchange
measurements and/or hydraulic architecture.  Boyce Thompson Institute is
located on the Cornell University campus in the attractive Finger Lakes
Region of Upstate New York.  The Institute is equiped with excellent
research and plant growth facilities, and full access to the academic
resources of Cornell University.   Available immediately.  The Institute is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer; women and minorities
are encouraged to apply.  

I will be at the ESA meetings if you desire more information.

***Available Immediately***

Applicants should contact :
Dr Jonathan Comstock
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Tower Road, Ithaca, NY. 14853 
(phone 607-254-1214).