Subject: EPA POSTDOC: PLANT POPULATION GENETICS
From: [email-masked]
Date: 23 Jul 94 17:16:52 EST
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION:  PLANT MOLECULAR POPULATION
GENETICIST Oak Ridge Institute of Science and Education Research
Fellowship tenable at the Department of Biological Sciences, University of
Cincinnati, and sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Environmental Monitoring Systems Laboratory - Cincinnati.  The position
is available immediately and is funded for two years, although application
for extension will be expected.  The research involves all or part of the
following:
*      Investigations, utilizing DNA variation, of effects of anthropogenic
       disturbance on population genetics of selected plant species.
*      Learning, and developing further, methods to investigate genetic
       diversity of selected plant species.  This may involve the use of
       microsatellite, minisatellite, RFLPS, or RAPD analyses.
*      Working with statistical analyses to optimize methods for data
       analysis.
*      Collecting and analyzing DNA variation of field samples from
       impacted and control field sites.

QUALIFICATIONS:  Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree by the time
of appointment.  Individuals with extensive experience in molecular
population genetics including field botany skills, plant DNA extraction,
RFLP Southern hybridization techniques, PCR methodology, and data
analysis will be preferred.

APPLICATION:   The procedure for application for this position has been changed
from that given in prior announcements.  As announced in Science (15 July 1994;
Vol. 265: 434), request application materials from:  Postgraduate Research
Programs/EMSL;  Science Engineering Division;  Oak Ridge Institute for Science
and Education;  P.O. Box 117;  Oak Ridge, TN 37831-0117;  PHONE:  (615)
576-3456.  If you have already applied for this position from announcements
prior to the Science advertisement, your application is still under
consideration.